Copy buttons by rows

I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figur
out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cell
from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet.
want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of eac
row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet jus
so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unles
there is another way...

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672

I think I'd put the button in row 1 (shift the other stuff down).

Then window|freeze panes so that row 1 is always visible.

And modify the macro to use the row that has the activecell.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

Or, perhaps, allow the user to select several rows and have the macro act on
all the selected.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I think I'd put the button in row 1 (shift the other stuff down).
>
> Then window|freeze panes so that row 1 is always visible.
>
> And modify the macro to use the row that has the activecell.
>

> Optitron wrote:
> >
> > I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figure
> > out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cells
> > from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet.  I
> > want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of each
> > row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet just
> > so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unless
> > there is another way....
> >
> > --
> > Optitron
> > Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
bigwheel926 (227)
8/28/2005 2:31:08 PM
I need to know how to do these things you are suggesting please.

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

What have you got so far with your single button at the end of the row?

"Optitron" wrote:

> I need to know how to do these things you are suggesting please.

0
bigwheel926 (227)
8/28/2005 4:30:01 PM
Do you take the data from each row, populate the other worksheet, then print,
then get the next row and repeat?

If yes, then maybe selecting all the rows you want to use makes more sense??

And I made some assumptions--sheet names, cell addresses and the like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    Dim prtWks As Worksheet
    Dim actWks As Worksheet
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim iRow As Long

    Set actWks = ActiveSheet
    Set prtWks = Worksheets("Sheet2")

    Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))

    With prtWks
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            iRow = myCell.Row
            .Range("a1").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "b").Value
            .Range("c99").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "x").Value
            .Range("b3").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "C").Value
            .Range("d4").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "A").Value
            Application.Calculate
            .PrintOut preview:=True
        Next myCell
    End With
End Sub

I put the info in column B into A1
                         X into C99
                         C into B3
                         A into D4

I also called the sheet to be printed Sheet2.

Change those things and test it out.

When/if you're happy, get rid of the preview:=true portion.  (That's just to
save some trees!)

Optitron wrote:

> OK, I froze the button. Now how do I modify the macro? I'm trying to
> program this sheet so that anyone can use it, even a Marine.
>
> --
> Optitron
> Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/28/2005 5:44:06 PM
All I have is single buttons that I have to record a macro for eac
time. A thousand buttons will take me a week to record. I need
quicker, easier way.

bigwheel Wrote:
> What have you got so far with your single button at the end of the row?
>
> "Optitron" wrote:
>

> > I need to know how to do these things you are suggesting please

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

> I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cells
>from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet

What is in the macro code?

"Optitron" wrote:

> All I have is single buttons that I have to record a macro for each
> time. A thousand buttons will take me a week to record. I need a
> quicker, easier way.
>
> bigwheel Wrote:
> > What have you got so far with your single button at the end of the row?
> >
> > "Optitron" wrote:
> >

> > > I need to know how to do these things you are suggesting please.
>

> --
> Optitron
> Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

0
bigwheel926 (227)
8/28/2005 7:08:01 PM
I copied everything and changed "sheet2" to what it was and the B, X, C
and A back to what they were and I get an error. When I leave B, X, C
and A the same I get a print preview of the form but it doesn't hav
the info.

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

I am lost now. I think it would be easier if I sent someone the workbook
and they fix it for me. I won't read this again until tomorrow.

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

Post your code and what you want to happen.

Optitron wrote:

> I copied everything and changed "sheet2" to what it was and the B, X, C,
> and A back to what they were and I get an error. When I leave B, X, C,
> and A the same I get a print preview of the form but it doesn't have
> the info.
>
> Dave Peterson Wrote:
> > Do you take the data from each row, populate the other worksheet, then
> > print,
> > then get the next row and repeat?
> >
> > If yes, then maybe selecting all the rows you want to use makes more
> > sense??
> >
> > And I made some assumptions--sheet names, cell addresses and the like:
> >
> > Option Explicit
> > Sub testme()
> > Dim prtWks As Worksheet
> > Dim actWks As Worksheet
> > Dim myRng As Range
> > Dim myCell As Range
> > Dim iRow As Long
> >
> > Set actWks = ActiveSheet
> > Set prtWks = Worksheets("Sheet2")
> >
> > Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))
> >
> > With prtWks
> > For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
> > iRow = myCell.Row
> > .Range("a1").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "b").Value
> > .Range("c99").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "x").Value
> > .Range("b3").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "C").Value
> > .Range("d4").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "A").Value
> > Application.Calculate
> > .PrintOut preview:=True
> > Next myCell
> > End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > I put the info in column B into A1
> > X into C99
> > C into B3
> > A into D4
> >
> > I also called the sheet to be printed Sheet2.
> >
> > Change those things and test it out.
> >
> > When/if you're happy, get rid of the preview:=true portion.  (That's
> > just to
> > save some trees!)
> >
> > Optitron wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, I froze the button. Now how do I modify the macro? I'm trying to
> > > program this sheet so that anyone can use it, even a Marine.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Optitron

> > > Optitron's Profile:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> > > View this thread:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
>
> --
> Optitron
> Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/28/2005 11:30:45 PM
HERE IS THE CODE I STARTED WITH:

Sub BUTTON1()
'
' BUTTON1 Macro
' Macro recorded 08/29/2005 by harrisonsl
'

'
Sheets("TURN-IN DOC").Select
Range("B6").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C14"
Range("D10").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C1"
Range("B12:E13").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C26"
Range("B17").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C51"
Range("B18").Select
End Sub

HERE'S WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN. HOPEFULLY THIS ISN'T TOO CONFUSING. I
WROTE THIS SO YOU CAN REPLICATE THIS IN YOUR OWN EXCEL.:

BUTTON1 = MOVE ROW *9* SHEET2 (BTR) CELLS TO SHEET1 (TURN-IN DOC)
CELLS

SHEET2 CELLS
CELL: A*9*|N*9*|Z*9*|AY*9*
VALUE: 05W297|310|Flashlight,Mag,2Cell,withBaton|6230-01-432-6430

SHEET1 CELLS
CELL: D10|B6|B12|B17
CELL NAME: REPORT #|WORKCENTER|NOMENCLATURE|NSN

SHEET2 A*9* TO SHEET1 D10
SHEET2 N*9* TO SHEET1 B6
SHEET2 Z*9* TO SHEET1 B12
SHEET2 AY*9* TO SHEET1 B17

BUTTON2 = MOVE ROW *10* SHEET2 (BTR) CELLS TO SHEET 1 (TURN-IN DOC)
CELLS

SHEET2 CELLS
CELL: A*10*|N*10*|Z*10*|AY*10*
VALUE: 05W297|310|Flashlight,Mag,2Cell,withBaton|6230-01-432-6430

SHEET1 CELLS
CELL: D10|B6|B12|B17
CELL NAME: REPORT #|WORKCENTER|NOMENCLATURE|NSN

SHEET2 A*10* TO SHEET1 D10
SHEET2 N*10* TO SHEET1 B6
SHEET2 Z*10* TO SHEET1 B12
SHEET2 AY*10* TO SHEET1 B17

I need this for every row without recording each macro over and over
again.

Dave Peterson Wrote:
> Post your code and what you want to happen.

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

It looks like you:

 BTR     --> turn-in doc
--------     -----------
column A --> D10
       N --> B6
       Z --> B12
      AY --> B17

Do you do something with those values after you copy them to "turn-in doc"?  I
did a print preview in this code:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    Dim prtWks As Worksheet
    Dim actWks As Worksheet
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim iRow As Long

    Set actWks = ActiveSheet 'BTR is the one with the buttons
    Set prtWks = Worksheets("TURN-IN DOC")

    Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))

    With prtWks
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            iRow = myCell.Row
            .Range("d10").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
            .Range("b6").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "n").Value
            .Range("b12").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
            .Range("b17").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "ay").Value
            Application.Calculate
            .PrintOut preview:=True
        Next myCell
    End With
End Sub

If you just copy the values over, then do some manual effort, you'll only want
to get the row with the activecell.

If that's the case, you can change this line:
    Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))
to:
    Set myRng = ActiveCell

And delete that .printout line.

Optitron wrote:

> HERE IS THE CODE I STARTED WITH:
>
> Sub BUTTON1()
> '
> ' BUTTON1 Macro
> ' Macro recorded 08/29/2005 by harrisonsl
> '
>
> '
> Sheets("TURN-IN DOC").Select
> Range("B6").Select
> ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C14"
> Range("D10").Select
> ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C1"
> Range("B12:E13").Select
> ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C26"
> Range("B17").Select
> ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=BTR!R9C51"
> Range("B18").Select
> End Sub
>
> HERE'S WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN. HOPEFULLY THIS ISN'T TOO CONFUSING. I
> WROTE THIS SO YOU CAN REPLICATE THIS IN YOUR OWN EXCEL.:
>
> BUTTON1 = MOVE ROW *9* SHEET2 (BTR) CELLS TO SHEET1 (TURN-IN DOC)
> CELLS
>
> SHEET2 CELLS
> CELL: A*9*|N*9*|Z*9*|AY*9*
> VALUE: 05W297|310|Flashlight,Mag,2Cell,withBaton|6230-01-432-6430
>
> SHEET1 CELLS
> CELL: D10|B6|B12|B17
> CELL NAME: REPORT #|WORKCENTER|NOMENCLATURE|NSN
>
> SHEET2 A*9* TO SHEET1 D10
> SHEET2 N*9* TO SHEET1 B6
> SHEET2 Z*9* TO SHEET1 B12
> SHEET2 AY*9* TO SHEET1 B17
>
> BUTTON2 = MOVE ROW *10* SHEET2 (BTR) CELLS TO SHEET 1 (TURN-IN DOC)
> CELLS
>
> SHEET2 CELLS
> CELL: A*10*|N*10*|Z*10*|AY*10*
> VALUE: 05W297|310|Flashlight,Mag,2Cell,withBaton|6230-01-432-6430
>
> SHEET1 CELLS
> CELL: D10|B6|B12|B17
> CELL NAME: REPORT #|WORKCENTER|NOMENCLATURE|NSN
>
> SHEET2 A*10* TO SHEET1 D10
> SHEET2 N*10* TO SHEET1 B6
> SHEET2 Z*10* TO SHEET1 B12
> SHEET2 AY*10* TO SHEET1 B17
>
> I need this for every row without recording each macro over and over
> again.
>
> Dave Peterson Wrote:
> > Post your code and what you want to happen.
>
> --
> Optitron
> Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/29/2005 1:03:09 PM
It works. I'll just have to select the row and click the button. Can yo
get it to just stay on the "Turn-in Doc" sheet without the print previe
each time I hit the button?

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

Instead of this:
..PrintOut preview:=True
use:
..select

Or even

application.goto .range("a1"),scroll:=true

If you want to go to a specific cell.

Optitron wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > SHEET1 CELLS
> > > CELL: D10|B6|B12|B17
> > > CELL NAME: REPORT #|WORKCENTER|NOMENCLATURE|NSN
> > >
> > > SHEET2 A*9* TO SHEET1 D10
> > > SHEET2 N*9* TO SHEET1 B6
> > > SHEET2 Z*9* TO SHEET1 B12
> > > SHEET2 AY*9* TO SHEET1 B17
> > >
> > > BUTTON2 = MOVE ROW *10* SHEET2 (BTR) CELLS TO SHEET 1 (TURN-IN DOC)
> > > CELLS
> > >
> > > SHEET2 CELLS
> > > CELL: A*10*|N*10*|Z*10*|AY*10*
> > > VALUE: 05W297|310|Flashlight,Mag,2Cell,withBaton|6230-01-432-6430
> > >
> > > SHEET1 CELLS
> > > CELL: D10|B6|B12|B17
> > > CELL NAME: REPORT #|WORKCENTER|NOMENCLATURE|NSN
> > >
> > > SHEET2 A*10* TO SHEET1 D10
> > > SHEET2 N*10* TO SHEET1 B6
> > > SHEET2 Z*10* TO SHEET1 B12
> > > SHEET2 AY*10* TO SHEET1 B17
> > >
> > > I need this for every row without recording each macro over and over

8/29/2005 6:38:03 PM
Alright, it's good enough for government work. Thanks alot. :

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

Now I need something else along the same lines. I need a button to mov
2 cells in multiple selected rows to another sheet.

sheet2 --> sheet 1

row(rows selected) column a --> rows (# of rows selected) column a
row(rows selected) column z12 --> rows (# of rows selected) column

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

Maybe something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme2()
    Dim toWks As Worksheet
    Dim actWks As Worksheet
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim iRow As Long
    Dim DestCell As Range

    Set actWks = ActiveSheet
    Set toWks = Worksheets("Sheet1")

    Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))

    With toWks
        Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    End With

    With toWks
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            iRow = myCell.Row
            DestCell.Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
            DestCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
        Next myCell
    End With
End Sub

I'm guessing that z12 meant column Z.

Optitron wrote:

> Now I need something else along the same lines. I need a button to move
> 2 cells in multiple selected rows to another sheet.
>
> sheet2 --> sheet 1
>
> row(rows selected) column a --> rows (# of rows selected) column a
> row(rows selected) column z12 --> rows (# of rows selected) column b
>
> --
> Optitron
> Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/30/2005 1:34:56 PM
I copied what you wrote and renamed sheet2 to DRMO SHEET but nothin
happened. I took what you already showed me yesterday and I can get on
row to the sheet with this:

Option Explicit
Sub DRMO()
Dim prtWks As Worksheet
Dim actWks As Worksheet
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Dim iRow As Long

Set actWks = ActiveSheet
Set prtWks = Worksheets("DRMO SHEET")

Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))

With prtWks
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
iRow = myCell.Row
.Range("a6").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
.Range("e6").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
Application.Calculate

Dave Peterson Wrote:
> Maybe something like:
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub testme2()
> Dim toWks As Worksheet
> Dim actWks As Worksheet
> Dim myRng As Range
> Dim myCell As Range
> Dim iRow As Long
> Dim DestCell As Range
>
> Set actWks = ActiveSheet
> Set toWks = Worksheets("Sheet1")
>
> Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))
>
> With toWks
> Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
> End With
>
> With toWks
> For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
> iRow = myCell.Row
> DestCell.Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
> DestCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
> Next myCell
> End With
> End Sub
>
> I'm guessing that z12 meant column Z

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

I had a mistake in today's code.  I pasted to the bottom of sheet2 column A.
But then I didn't go to the next cell.

Option Explicit
Sub testme2()
    Dim toWks As Worksheet
    Dim actWks As Worksheet
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim iRow As Long
    Dim DestCell As Range

    Set actWks = ActiveSheet
    Set toWks = Worksheets("Sheet1")

    Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))

    With toWks
        Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    End With

    With toWks
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            iRow = myCell.Row
            DestCell.Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
            DestCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
            'I added this to go down one row.
            Set DestCell = Destcell.offset(1,0)
        Next myCell
    End With
End Sub

It does assume that the cell in column A of the input worksheet is not empty!

Optitron wrote:

> I copied what you wrote and renamed sheet2 to DRMO SHEET but nothing
> happened. I took what you already showed me yesterday and I can get one
> row to the sheet with this:
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub DRMO()
> Dim prtWks As Worksheet
> Dim actWks As Worksheet
> Dim myRng As Range
> Dim myCell As Range
> Dim iRow As Long
>
> Set actWks = ActiveSheet
> Set prtWks = Worksheets("DRMO SHEET")
>
> Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))
>
> With prtWks
> For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
> iRow = myCell.Row
> Range("a6").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
> Range("e6").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
> Application.Calculate
> Application.Goto .Range("a1"), scroll:=True
> Next myCell
> End With
> End Sub
>
> Dave Peterson Wrote:
> > Maybe something like:
> >
> > Option Explicit
> > Sub testme2()
> > Dim toWks As Worksheet
> > Dim actWks As Worksheet
> > Dim myRng As Range
> > Dim myCell As Range
> > Dim iRow As Long
> > Dim DestCell As Range
> >
> > Set actWks = ActiveSheet
> > Set toWks = Worksheets("Sheet1")
> >
> > Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))
> >
> > With toWks
> > Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
> > End With
> >
> > With toWks
> > For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
> > iRow = myCell.Row
> > DestCell.Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "a").Value
> > DestCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "z").Value
> > Next myCell
> > End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > I'm guessing that z12 meant column Z.
>
> --
> Optitron
> Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26729
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399813

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/30/2005 6:07:57 PM
Ok it's working. It put the data on the next page down. It's all goo
now. Thanks.

--
Optitro
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39981

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Grouping Rows
I need to group a bunch of rows but I am having some problems. The code lines below works great: Rows("5:8").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I need to group these rows 12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30. I tried Rows("12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I get and Overflow error message. When I tried Me.Rows("12:12,14:14,16:16,18:18,20:20,22:22,24:24,26:26,28:28,30:30").Select Selection.Rows.Group I get a Type mismatch error message. What am I doing wrong? HI The 'Rows' object obviously do not ac...

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Link 'Button' to Macro
I've created an ActiveX Button. How do I make clicking on this butto execute a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure that you are in design mode and then double click on your button. This will take you into the VBA editor. You will see some code that looks like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() End Sub Where CommandButton(1) is the name of your button. Now type in the name of your macro between the sub/end sub sections. Save your changes and close the editor. Close the design view and your button should work. Hope this helps Paul Falla >---...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Assign macro to toolbar button
Hi, I'm a newbe to Visio (v 2003), so ... probably this is a rather stupid question. How can I assign a macro to a custom button in a custom toolbar? (Assigning to shapes double click is no problem.) I also use Word, Excel, PPt (and Access). In those programs, you 1 create your macro 2 add a toolbar (Tools-Customize-tab Toolbars) 3 drag a macro button to the new toolbar (tab Commands, category Macros) 4 in Excel, additionally assign the macro No go in Visio. And the help doesn't ... help. -- Mvg, Frans On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:21:47 +0100, "F.H. van Zelm" <fhvzelm@...

read receipt button is greyed out
I would like to be able to toggle on and off the "read receipts" for more and less important outgoing messages. Clicking five menus deep to get to check mark for the global setting is a PITA. There is a "Read" button on my version of outlook '97 (came with an office '97 package,) but it is greyed out. I am using "word" as my e-Mail editor. XP machine. thanks in advance and sorry I can't really be of much help to others. Steve Not sure if you can make it any easier in OL97. It's gotten a bit better in the five versions since then, thou...

double line format button only formats single line when added to .
When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format when using this button. It's a bug. There's a workaround in the following thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com AlwaysLearning wrote: > When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, > Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button > to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format wh...

subtotal copy and paste

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

tab scrolling buttons missing
I can't get the tab scrolling or worksheet buttons to appear on my view when using excel 2007. Help? Use Tools | Options; open the View tab; look at your settings in the Windows Option area. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "TomG" <TomG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F2A93E7-77A8-4065-9646-B1A30A1AE806@microsoft.com... >I can't get the tab scrolling or worksheet buttons to appear on my view >when > using excel 2007. Help? ...

Extra row in CTE
Hi, I have a table (#qed_missing_quarters) with the following rows in it: row_num quarter_end_date 1 2002-09-30 00:00:00.000 2 2002-12-31 00:00:00.000 3 2003-03-31 00:00:00.000 4 2003-06-30 00:00:00.000 5 2003-09-30 00:00:00.000 And I have the following code as a test to traverse across the table: ;WITH qed_missing_values(row_num, quarter_end_date) AS ( SELECT row_num AS [row_num], quarter_end_date AS [quarter_end_date] FROM #qed_missing_quarters WHERE row_num = 1 UNION ALL SELECT a.row_num + 1, a.quarter_end_date FROM #qed_missing_quarters AS a INNER JOIN ...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...