What is the difference between these commands?
0
Alana (10)

Try them, it is pretty easy to see the difference

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Alana" <Alana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the difference between these commands?

0
terre081 (3244)

Copy an Integration
Without the Save As button in IM now, how do I copy an integration without saving over the previous one? I hear you with the "Save As" feature. In IM 10 you kind of have to do a workaround. You need to create a database (Tools > Create Database), then export to the database you create (File > Export Integrations), then open the new database (Tools > Options) and change the integration name. Once you do that, you will have to change the database name, then reimport the integration. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Insert blank row suddenly doesn't work (XL2000)
I get the following error message: To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1, and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again. I have tried the fixes in this message as well as the fixes suggested in KB article # 305568. No help. This is in a three-page worksheet with NO formulas that I use to track schedules for our pubs group. I am dead...

If there is something in a cell
I have a excel sheet where some of the cell is filled with letters. I want to have a cell that tells me how many cells have something in it. How do I do this? You could try COUNTIF(Range,<>"") This will tell you how many cells are not empty HTH E -- EdMa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3073 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52422 baiaz66@gmail.com Wrote: > I have a excel sheet where some of the cell is fill...

POP3 requiremenst for headers & leave copy at server
Hello, what does the POP3 server need to do in order for Outlook to download the headers and work with "leave copy of messages at server" checked? I thought that TOP command should do for the headers, and simply Outlook not issuing DELE should leave the messages on server. However, Outlook still says the server does not support header downloading and does not work at all if I leave the checkbox checked. Any hints? Thanks! Jan POP servers do not store a copy of the e-mail after you download it. If you need this capability, you should use an IMAP server. He...

Insert File As Text Using Automation
Anyone know how to insert a file as text in Outlook 03 using Automation? I have my Outlook object and all, and I just need to know the methods for inserting a file as text in the body of the document (same as File | Insert | As Text), not as an attachment. Thanks! You would need to read the file as a text string and insert it into the item's Body or HMTLBody. That's what that command does for you. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovakte...

Option to copy user defined fields when copying a Sales Order Doc
When you copy a SOP document then the user defined fields from the source document are not copied with that document. As these fields often define important specific information about a Sales Order document it would be good if there was an option to copy this data s well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

copy images with worksheet
i am trying to copy some data from an excel sheet to an image program. my excel sheet consists of data and seperate images. when i copy and paste only some of the images are copied. What setting do i need to change to copy all images with the cell contents. What type of images and how are you doing the copy? Which images will copy and which don't? Any common factor that you can identify? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 May 2008 07:50:12 -0700 (PDT), stewart <smccallister@gmail.com> wrote: >i am trying to copy some data from an excel sheet to an image >program. my...

To copy a formula
How I can copy the formula T3-M3 into AA3 . The formula should be copied upto the end of the cell where the data ends from T3 cell. So please help to find out the lastrow from T3...Tn where data ends in that column With thanks and regards Pol I don't understand what it is that you are asking. Would you care to re-state your request with some sample data? -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Protect a worksheet but allow cell editing
Hello, I am new to Excel VBA, and using Excel 2007. I have a worksheet where I want the user to be able to edit cells (delete, copy, paste, sort) but **disallow** the ability to unhide columns. (I use a column for conditional formatting and do not want the user to be able to see or manipulate this column). (Note: the column that contains the expression for conditional formatting is on the user data sheet because Excel will not allow conditional formatting to refer to a cel or cells on another sheet. :( ) I am struggling with the proper parameter with the .Protection me...

auto copy self

How do I prevent spicific visable cells from printing
I have a cell that is setup as a hyperlink and has text in it to show its function. However I would like to prevent this cell form appearing on any printed form. Can any one explain how to acheive this. Format>Custom ;;; (three semi-colons) The text won't show in the cell or on a print-out. The hyperlink will still work. You can always clear the formatting after printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:51:02 -0800, Gazboe <Gazboe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a cell that is setup as a hyperlink and has text in it to show its >function...

Can't copy and paste into Publisher 2002
I just installed Publisher 2002 on a new laptop. I am unable to paste from any other program including MS Works word processor and Notepad. The only thing that will paste is the last copied text from Publisher. Pasting works fine between all other programs. Can anyone give me a fix? Thanks, Mac McPop wrote: > I just installed Publisher 2002 on a new laptop. I am unable to paste > from any other program including MS Works word processor and Notepad. > The only thing that will paste is the last copied text from Publisher. > Pasting works fine between all other programs. Can anyone g...

Is there any way to create a drop down calendar into a cell in ex.
I am trying to make an interoffice work order for maintenance issues and need to create a drop down calendar with a box with a button (icon) that when clicked on shows the calendar to pick the date and enter it into the box. I know how to insert a calendar that stays on the page but does not drop down. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003. Help!!!! See www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Heavensent1" <Heavensent1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71F54092-0CE9-43D7-ADDC-980E9ABF0227@microsof...

adding various numbers to value of one cell
I need to add different numbers in column A to the value in C1. (A1+C1, A2+C1, A3+C1, etc). Is there an easy way to get Excel to do this without having to manually input the formula in each cell? Thanks one way>copy c1>select the cells to goto>edit>pastespecial>add -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Boze" <zebozette@mailhot.com> wrote in message news:O2mGq9HpHHA.4516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to add different numbers in column A to the value in C1. (A1+C1, > A2+C1, A3+C1, etc). Is there an easy way to get Excel t...

Copy and paste slow
Hello. When I copy or paste on Excel 2007, it takes about 10 seconds to process, even though it copying or pasting one cell. All other Microsoft Office works normally with copy and paste, so this only happens with Excel. I have turned off the text to speech feature and still the copy and paste is slow. Should I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office 2007? Thanks for any help you can provide. Try opening excel in safe mode: Close excel windows start button|run excel /safe And open your file to test. If this removes the problem, then it may be a misbehaving ma...

insert symbol option greyed out in Publisher
I have a client using Publisher 2002 (from Office XP small Business edition) and he cannot access the insert symbol option. This always appears greyed out. Does anyone have an idea as to how this can be rectified? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from C Bayfield <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have a client using Publisher 2002 (from Office XP > small Business edition) and he cannot access the insert > symbol option. This always appears greyed out. Does the client have a text box selected (and the cursor in the text box) ...

Paste Values in linked Cells Only
Goodmorning Everyone! I have a worksheet within a workbook that contains 1500 rows of data over 14 columns (the 12 months, plus to summary columns) - called the "Year to Date" sheet. The YTD sheet has links to other worksheets within the same workbook. This workbook is used as a roll forward workbook. The YTD sheet does not change, but all other worksheets in the workbook get updated with the current months data. In preparing for a new month, I have written a macro that cleans up a lot of the data from the last month. The problem is that I want the YTD worksheet...

Creating a formula to a cell containing a date
I have two worksheets. One is an input worksheet. The other has formula that refer from the input worksheet. My problem is when I copy a date cell from the input sheet to the other sheet the 2nd sheet will have date of 1/1/99 when there is nothing inputed in the first sheet. I there a way to have nothing show up if nothing is inputted in the inpu sheet and also have the formula -- hb247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

Macro to copy text between two different delimeters
I am trying to write a macro in Excel to select text between cells which contain words. Two challenges: 1.) I need to search for a cell that contains only one-single word "item:" and then copy the contents of the cell just-above that cell 2.) I need to search for a cell that contains only one-single word "component(s):" and then copy all of the rows below that until I find a cell that contains only the word "Zip" Any samples would help for either of these challenges ~Vic This is just an example of technique, not a full solution. This macro searches the activ...

Using paste link
I'm tyring to sort out a spreadsheet that was previously made by someone else that I'm required to use. The parent spreadsheet that has collaberated info from many other tabs has the formula =SUM('person'!B19) however when I "paste-link" the information from new pages I'm making - that are just copies of the originals so nothing has changed, the forumla comes over as ='person'!B19 Will both formulas do the same thing? They seem to but if not - how do I copy the current data to bring the SUM function over so I don't have to type it into ...

How to copy a workbook
I need to know how to copy a workbook in a macro (Excel 2002) The filename of the workbook to be copied is "Template" (w/o quotes) The new workbook will have the name of an employee, ie several workbooks, each having the name of an employee. Variable: EMP = "John Doe" Code needed to copy workbook TEMPLATE and rename to variable EMP. Thanks, Les Hi, This would go in your 'template' workbook. This string S = "aaa,bbb,ccc" should be changed to your list of employees Sub Sonic() Dim V As Variant Dim S As String S = "aaa,...

Protecting ranges that may be copied
I've embedded a database query in a worksheet. Because the data being retrieved is senstive, I've hidden the paramter ranges and password protected the worksheet. Unfortunately, a clever user can just copy the whole sheet into a new workbook and the password protection is defeated. The parameter ranges can be unhidden and the query pointed elsewhere. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to defeat this behavior? Thanks in advance, Rich ...

Syntax to write a null value inside a sql Insert string?
Is there a way to represent the null value as a string (destination: varchar column) the way that the following string represents a null value for a date? Public Const cNullDate As Date = #12:00:00 AM# Writing to an Access 2003, (conversion) table with VS2005 in VB.NET. Within the table is a field named VSubType1 with a validation rule of: "In ('P','O') Or Is Null" The declare/move/insert statements look like this (shortened example): Dim intRecNbr As Integer = 0 Dim VSubType1 As Object (defined as Text 1 column in Access) Dim V1...

Getting a filename into VBA and putting it into cells
Basically what I have is a button that creates a new column that should be full of linked values. When the user hits the button, he is asked to select a file from his hard-drive; the code then takes the name of that file and creates a number of links in the new column. So for example: 1) User hits button and selects the closed excel file C:\Tempfiles\Testsheet.xls 2) Excel creates the new column and populates it with formulas that link to the file; in A1 it enters ='C:\Tempfiles\[Testsheet.xls]Overview'!$A$1 in A2 it enters ='C:\Tempfiles\[Testsheet.xls]Budget'...