converting results from formula to text in a new column

I have a column that I have a formula in.  I want to take the results of the
formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text.   Thanks.
0
nodotdak (2)

There is a little trick:

Say A1 has
=1+1

first format B1 as Text
second select A1 and do a copy
third select B1 and paste/special as value

B1 will contain 2 as a piece of text.
--
Gary's Student

"nodotdak" wrote:

> I have a column that I have a formula in.  I want to take the results of the
> formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text.   Thanks.
0
GarysStudent (1572)
11/22/2006 4:37:01 PM
thanks.  it worked.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> There is a little trick:
>
> Say A1 has
> =1+1
>
> first format B1 as Text
> second select A1 and do a copy
> third select B1 and paste/special as value
>
> B1 will contain 2 as a piece of text.
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "nodotdak" wrote:
>
> > I have a column that I have a formula in.  I want to take the results of the
> > formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text.   Thanks.
0
nodotdak (2)
11/22/2006 4:47:02 PM
Edit>Paste Special>Values will give you the result of the formula in the
cell you copied rather than the pasting the formula itself.

Alternatively you can rt-click to paste & choose Paste Special from the
contextual menu or simply Paste, then use the Paste Options button to select
Values Only.

If you want the pasted content to actually be treated as text you will still
have to reformat the cell using Format>Cells - Text.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/22/06 10:59 AM, in article
F281C446-7E6E-435B-8FC9-63ED801C0959@microsoft.com, "nodotdak"
<nodotdak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a column that I have a formula in.  I want to take the results of the
> formula and copy it into a new column so I can copy it as text.   Thanks.

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Delete some column headings from an autofiltered range.
I've selected a range of cells e.g. A6 to CP83 and autofiltered this range. I wish to retain the list headings for columns A to C but wish to remove the list headings from the remaining columns D to CP without affecting the overall list range. Can this be done? "Champ" wrote: > I've selected a range of cells e.g. A6 to CP83 and autofiltered this range. I > wish to retain the list headings for columns A to C but wish to remove the > list headings from the remaining columns D to CP without affecting the > overall list range. Can this be done? .....

Disapearing Query Results!
Hello Dear I have some Combo Box's on a form that extract data from queries When queries run,the results show to the user that is not necessary! Is it possible to hide query results from user? Thanks Best Regards The question is unclear. Do you want to show the results of a query in the form? Are you seeing query results in data sheet view and don't want to? If this is the case, then you must be executing the query in some manner and opening the query. We cannot see your application and cannot see what you are doing. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

XML Note convert to DataSet

adjusting the height of text boxes in a report
I'm creating a report that is required to be in a specific format which has a text box in the detail followed by a subreport directly to the right of the text box. The subreport will grow depending on the amount of data. What I want is the text box adjacent to it to be sized on the report equal to the subreport. What I've tried writing is: Dim height as interger height = reports.item("subreport").windowheight me.textbox.height = height but I get the error stating that subreport cannot be found. Is this the right code or what am I doing wrong. Thanks Dan Reports...

Mail Merge results to one page
Hello Experts, This is what I am trying to accomplish: I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing. When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result. I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this possible? ...

Formulas #6
I have a problem right here. When I want to create an individual list (Sheet2) from the master data list (sheet1), the link does not follow in accordance to the master list after I copy & paste in Sheet2. If the individual list's range(Sheet2) is (A4:M49), (A50:M95), (A96:M141)...almost 100 of if, and the linkage is as below: Sheet1 Link to Sheet2 (Master) (Individual) A4 - F5 B4 - D8 C4 - E8 A5 - M5 B5 ...

Convert

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

transferring formulas
I have a cell with formula in a worksheet and have a macro that copie the data in that cell to an array then that array gets copied to a ne workbook. There are about 110 other columns that copied this same way Is there a way to copy just the formula to an array then copy tha array to the new worksheet. Then the forumal can recalculate in th new worksheet. Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

formula #63
i have a list of postcodes that i need to be able to pre select the zone ie 1-10 example AB = 1 PE = 3 martin Wrote: > i have a list of postcodes that i need to be able to pre select the zone > ie > 1-10 > example > AB = 1 > PE = 3 Hi Martin You probably need a lookup table Need a bit more info to give a better response Post some example data -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Inventory list columns
There needs to be more columns avaialble in the inventory and other lists. It would also be nice to be able to print from the inventory lists. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en...

max number of fields on a form (new question)
I am creating a database based on a paper form. The paper form has over 360 individual pieces of information, all of which are recorded for research purposes. My boss would like me to create a replica electronic form based on the paper form, but access only allows 255 fields on one form. Other than subforms, is there any other way to get around this? I have my data organized into related tables, but every field from each table needs to be on the form. Any suggestions? The limit of 255 is not the form. Forms have a lifetime limit of 754 controls. That means that if you delete a control the...

Filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B 1 | 2 | filename1 3 | 4 | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...