Convert 8 digits to leading alpha plus 6 digits following?

I finally worked this out (I'm very much a dummy with any type o
formula!)  although I'm sure someone else may have a better solution.
I'll post the IF statement here in case someone else is attempting
similar exercise and they may be able to adapt this. My 8 digit number
appear in Column F and start in Row 2:
=IF(LEFT(F2,1)="1","a"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="2","b"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="3","c"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="4","d"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="5","e"&MID(F2,2,6),IF(LEFT(F2,1)="6","f"&MID(F2,2,6),"g"&MID(F2,2,6)))))))

Lee Jeffery :

--
Lee Jeffer
Lee Jeffery's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1088

Hi!

Here's a shorter alternative:

=CHOOSE(LEFT(F2,1),"A","B","C","D","E","F","G")&MID(F2,2,6)

Biff

attempting a
>similar exercise and they may be able to adapt this. My 8
digit numbers

--------------
>Lee Jeffery's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=10889
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
biffinpitt (3172)

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

how to convert date

Convert text to time value

My follow up folder has disappeared after one use.
I'm using Outlook that came in the Office Pro 2003 package. I used the FOLLOW UP search folder in the "Favorites" window... to hold one message... 24 hours later I handled that matter... and took the message away to file in a place where I can find it... the folder also disappeared. Next I tried to replace the folder by creating a new one... now (next day) no follow-up folder. Help is complex -- takes too long (for me) more demos would be helpful. In news:99DC2D96-3646-4C23-9DA3-EED57E8F0CA4@microsoft.com, JEBCOINC <JEBCOINC@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > ...

MS Money 2007 Deluxe vs Money Plus?
Is their any reason to upgrade? I downloaded the Demo of Plus but it looks just like 2007. I see no reason to drop $30 bucks. I wish they'd get a feature where I can enter a transaction on the money website and then sync when I get home. I like to enter stuff into my account register just as quickly as I can. One extra year before it turns into a pumpkin. The feature you are looking for was there and was removed. Not clear why it was removed--perhaps not enough people used it? Lots of users did find the very presence of the feature a reason to stay awake at night worrying that Bill...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Exchange 5.5 fails to load following IE6 update
I had another client server that exhibited this symptom, but I cannot find anything in the KB about it. A client with a slow internet connection ran the windows updates and the first update was for IE6 that had to be run by itself. Following the installation of the upgrade to IE6, Exchange MTA does not load and no error is given in the event logs to disclose what is causing the failure. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks, Allen Not heard of that. What message is displayed in the Services applet if you try to manually start the service? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exc...

Convert Access97 to 2000

me w/CERTIFICATE -Digital ID still blocked.
me add signed/approved CERTIFICATE and it show. me at Windows Mail/Tools/Internet Accounts/(*select account)/Poperties/Security/Signing Certificate/Select/(*Select Certificate)/Encrypting Preferences/Select/???/Select Default Account Digital ID/???(only "Cancel" depresion is available [because no CERTIFICATE DISPLAY]). the Algorithm/3DES. me problem lies at the ??? of the formula. me can-not cee now to aplies ze CERTIFICATE to Email Account Setting. ya\ *=item(s) r available. ty 4 yur replies. $$$ $$$ -- UNIVERSAL RULER; OWNER FEDERAL GOVERNMET; GOD OF UNITED STATES;...

MFG 8.0 Error
I recently upgraded from ver 7.5 to 8.0 on our test server, but now I'm getting the error: "A count records operation on table MFGxxxList failed accessing SQL data" whenever I select any of the Manufacturing Lists. xxx represents the specific view e.g. MFGBOMList I think this may be a bug as when I try to view the records of the view MFGBOMList (BOMV1000) I get the same error as when I drill into the details. Has anyone else experienced this error and found solution? A problem has been identified in environments with more languages than en-us installed. This issue ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

outlook express 6 (no pics in outgoing mail)
I have outlook express 6. I used to have no problem sending pictures in email. Recently, they simply won't go. I have checked all the settings, at least the ones I know of, to no avail. I've gone to the HTML setting and set it to "send pictures". I still, however, get only a box with the picture name on all outgoing mail. Incoming has all pictures as they should be and I can send .jpg's as attachments. Nothing included in the body of the mail works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! "bill a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

IE 8 won't connect to the internet
I had a couple of trojan virus that I removed with my AV software yesterday and IE won't connect to the internet anymore. I've tried reinstalling the software but it didn't fix the error. I'm running IE 8 on XP SP2. The viruses were: trojan.win32.FraudPack.aunu Found in: c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\gcglamgto\wtxaeustssd.exe c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\temp\xhctgo.exe c:\system volume information\_restore{1368902D-6A36-4B35-812D-DDC763090AC0rp16A0019233.exe IE8 with XP SP2? That combo sounds extremely...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

Countif #8
How can I determine how many cells in a range contain at least one of range of possible values? For example suppose each cell contains a lis of colours such as "Red, Blue, Yellow". I can use COUNTIF with "*Red* as the second argument to count the number of cells that contain "Red" But if I want to count the number of cells that contain either or bot of "Red" and "Blue" it seems much harder. How do I do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*red*")+COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*blue*") -- HTH, ...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...