conditional formatting rows on column values...

if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted.
I want to use conditional formatting.
formula:="$c=TRUE"
target=$A$1:$C$274
I use excel 2007.

what's wrong?

TIA.
0
kang (41)

Hi

Try
=$C1=TRUE

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"kang" <kang@hao.com> wrote in message
> if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted.
> I want to use conditional formatting.
> formula:="$c=TRUE"
> target=$A$1:$C$274
> I use excel 2007.
>
> what's wrong?
>
> TIA.

0
roger4508 (28)
7/23/2007 10:40:21 AM
won't work either.

Roger Govier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Try
> =$C1=TRUE

0
kang (41)
7/24/2007 8:46:23 AM
formula: =$c1="TRUE"

"kang" wrote:

> won't work either.
>
> Roger Govier wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Try
> > =$C1=TRUE

0
Amul (4)
7/25/2007 6:34:01 AM
Try this

=$c1<>"TRUE"

"kang" wrote:

> if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted.
> I want to use conditional formatting.
> formula:="$c=TRUE"
> target=$A$1:$C$274
> I use excel 2007.
>
> what's wrong?
>
> TIA.

0
Amul (4)
7/25/2007 6:38:00 AM
Hi,

It seems "TRUE" is a keyword.

So, try some other word like "TRUE1" or some ...

"Amul" wrote:

> Try this
>
> =$c1<>"TRUE"
>
> "kang" wrote:
>
> > if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted.
> > I want to use conditional formatting.
> > formula:="$c=TRUE"
> > target=$A$1:$C$274
> > I use excel 2007.
> >
> > what's wrong?
> >
> > TIA.

0
Amul (4)
7/25/2007 6:46:00 AM
Hi,

Got it.

Use formula: =$c1=TRUE

Without any ""

"Amul" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems "TRUE" is a keyword.
>
> So, try some other word like "TRUE1" or some ...
>

> "Amul" wrote:
>
> > Try this
> >
> > =$c1<>"TRUE"
> >
> > "kang" wrote:
> >
> > > if C column has TRUE, I want the line(A through C column) to be formatted.
> > > I want to use conditional formatting.
> > > formula:="$c=TRUE"
> > > target=$A$1:$C$274
> > > I use excel 2007.
> > >
> > > what's wrong?
> > >
> > > TIA.

0
Amul (4)

calculated column in pivot table
Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other columns. I have tried creating formulas but that does not seem to do the trick. The answer is yes. For anything less general, we'll need specifics on what you tried, and what happened. "does not seem to do the trick" does not give us much to go on. Regards, Fred "freeriderxlt" <st.jdaich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97a60a38-262d-4a91-9474-7c26d8c44be3@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other > columns. I have trie...

Today Conditional Format

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Getting value from edit control?
How do I get the value from an edit control into its value CString variable? Also, how do I convert from CString to char* ? CString has an overload for LPCTSTR (which depends on whether you are compiled for Unicode or MBCS) so you can pass it pretty easily. If you need to access the buffer directly CString::GetBuffer() returns the pointer to the buffer. Call ReleaseBuffer() when you are done using that point (if you modify it). To assign and retrieve values with the edit control you should create a variable for the control and use UpdateData(). Open the dialog and right click on ...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Query condition by date range

Placement of Columns in Database Query
I have an existing database query that will query the dbase and return the results to an excel worksheet. The query wizard is split into two windows: The window on the left will allow you to select columns from tables that you would like to display. When these columns are moved to the window on the right, they become part of the query. My problem is that when I come back at a later date to edit the query and insert a new column, I can only get the new column to display at the end of the worksheet. There are two arrow buttons on the right hand side of the screen that allow me to move ...

Format cells #7

Excel cell value equals selected text from Word
Is it possible to bookmark or link a piece of text in Microsoft Word eg. a title in the word document is 'West Belfast Profile' In Excel, I would like to make a cell value equal to the text from Word. Basically cell A5 in excel equals 'West' from the title 'West Belfast Profile' in Word. If the user changes the title in Word to 'East Belfast Profile', the cell value in Excel changes to 'East'. Is this possible? You go to Word document and copy the text you want to link to Excel, select the cell you want to paste to Excel file, right-click ...

Making a summary of Column info
Hello, I have a column that has info dispersed throughout 400 rows within tha column. For ex. in Column A I have values in rows 3, 10, 18, 200 249...etc. I would like to put this data onto another sheet, however I would like to find a formula that might remove any spaces between th rows so that on the new sheet it will list the data that was in row into row 1, info in row 10 into row 2, etc. Thanks for your help in advance Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your data is in column A and you want to put the cleaned list in column B put the following array formula i...

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

More than 65 thousand rows
I have a 2 coloumn file with way more than the 65 thousand odd row limi of excel, is there any way of displaying the rest of the data? Rober ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com robert, 65536 rows is the maximum limit for an Excel worksheet. You can split your data into different sheets or use a database like Access. John robert_woodie wrote: > I have a 2 coloumn file with way more than the 65 thousand odd row limit > of excel, is there any way of dis...

Conditional Field in Queries

insert number in column
I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensions. I want to insert a digit before the three throughout the column as the extension has been increased to 4 digits. Any easy way.../ Thanks. AFD Type 4000 in an unused cell, then Copy > it and highlight your list of 3 digit numbers and Right-click > PasteSpecial > Add.......this will place a "4" on the left end of each string. Instead of 4000, use 3000 or whatever the new digit is to be. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "afdmello" wrote: > I have a column with threedigits for telephone extensio...

Relative, absolute and mixed values
How do I set a default for relative, absolute or mixed values so that I don't have to toggle through the F4 function each time? ...

compare two files and merge rows base on a matching word within these two rows
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhWkR6bS05Qnluenc&hl=en Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from CO...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

Combobox value populate cell selection
I am looking for button code to have a selected cell range merged and populated with value chosen from combobox. This value is centered in the merged cell selection. The cells range is defined manually with mouse. Bart Have a look at this event code which you can refine. No error-checking for data in the selected range...........assumes the mergerange is empty when selected. Runs when a value is selected from Combobox1 Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Set srng = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _ "Select A Range", Type:=8) With srng .HorizontalAlignment = xlCen...

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Empty Rows and Columns
Is there a Macro (or how does one create one) that eliminates automatically empty rows and columns? Try ASAP Utilities, a free Excel Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "fak119" wrote: > Is there a Macro (or how does one create one) that eliminates automatically > empty rows and columns? ...

javascript + onchange + delete value from lookup
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to delete a value in a lookup through javascript. Following scenario: On the contact form I have a picklist with several values and a lookupfield for the accounts. Now I want, when a certain value is selected in that picklist, that the value in the lookup of the account is deleted. Is this possilbe to do with javascript in an onchange event? thank you in advance. In the onchange event, when your picklistvalue is selected, simply put the following line of code : crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue = null; This will delete the value f...