conditional formatting by groups

I have some groups and I want each group to have different color(not
necessarily distinct).

thanks.
0
kang (41)

I'm sure it can be done but how will Excel know which cells are associated with
which group?

More detail please.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:12:29 +0900, kang <kang@hao.com> wrote:

>I have some groups and I want each group to have different color(not
>necessarily distinct).
>
>thanks.

0
Gord

emailing the "Everyone" group
Is there a way I can restrict this group so that only certain users can email to it? sure...on the "Exchange General" tab of the mail-enabled group... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <lwardle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165607479.336544.54470@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way I can restrict this group so that only certain users can > email to it? > can you explain in more detail pls? Our "everyone" group is a query based distribution group. On Dec 8, 2:57 pm, "Susan" <scon...@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote: > sure...on...

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

LDAP Query for All Groups and Membership
I am looking to query Active DIrectory in an environment with Windows 2000 DC's. Its a single domain environment. Currently I have a vbs file that pulls the data but only for a single OU. I am looking for a single vbs script that pull the following information: All Groups, both security and distribution (from a single domain) Whether they are Security or Distribution Whether they are Global or Universal All members of each group I would like the output in cvs format (if possible). Like so: GroupName, MemberName, Type(Security or DL), Scope(Global or Universal). If this i...

Query condition by date range

Help with Google Groups search
Forgive me for this off-topic request. But since it impairs my ability to help people with Excel questions, it might not be entirely inappropriate. I have not gotten constructive help through the Google Groups forums in the past for similar problems. If you can find the following article using Google Groups Advanced Search, please let me know how you did it field-by-field. Feel free to respond in email; send to joeu2004 "at" hotmail.com. The article is: Thread-Topic: conditional format cells by date From: <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> Subject: conditio...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

How to add Cc user in Exch2003 distribution group?
Hi there, Wondering in Exch2003 distribution group, how can I add a user as "Cc" instead of "To"? Many thanks! "leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Wondering in Exch2003 distribution group, how can I add a user as "Cc" >instead of "To"? You don't. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com ...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...

Sorted Group Duplicate Header Label Problems
I have a report where I wish to group the "Current" employees from the "Inactive" (Former) employees. I can get the report to perform this group action, but when I wish to place a header Label above this group (Current) section, the same header label that I place in the other (Inactive) section appears in this section and vice-versa, -- I wind up with the labels "Current" and "Inactive" in BOTH sections. What I want is the "Current" label above the current employees and the "Inactive" label above the former employees. I am...