concatenate tables into html tables

I am using Excel 2007-

This is my data:

Carat    Gem Weight    Clarity   Column4
1          2.2                 SI1
1.5       2.5                 SI2
1.25     2.8                 VS1

In Column 4 I need to concatenate the data in columns 1, 2, and 3 into a
table using <td>,<tr> ...

How do I do this?
Thank you

Use any of the below formula which one is convenient for you.

=A2&" (Your Character) "&B2&" (Your Character) "&C2

OR

=CONCATENATE(A2," (Your Character) ",B2," (Your Character) ",C2)

The Characters you are mentioning within the Double Quotes (“) will be shown
in between the result of cell references.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"urlocaljeweler" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2007-
>
> This is my data:
>
> Carat    Gem Weight    Clarity   Column4
> 1          2.2                 SI1
> 1.5       2.5                 SI2
> 1.25     2.8                 VS1
>
> In Column 4 I need to concatenate the data in columns 1, 2, and 3 into a
> table using <td>,<tr> ...
>
> How do I do this?
> Thank you

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 05-31-05
I cannot start CRM application. In error log ther is message Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. I tried to delete records with deletionstatecode = 2 in SQL and restarted SQL and CRM services bun nothing helps. Can someone help me? Thanks. Normally you don't have to directly interact with CRM Databases : it's not supported and can act on the MS CRM good operation. "Mikkhail" wrote: > I cannot start CRM application. In error log ther is message Error: Can't > clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. I tried to delete records with &...

Pivot Table with Pages
Hi TWIMC, How do I make my pivot table pages only show items that relate to the above selection, e.g. if I have three pages REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE, then if I select Europe I want my COUNTRY list to only show countries in EUROPE. TIA KM The page fields aren't dependent, and there's no way to change the setting. Kevin McCartney wrote: > Hi TWIMC, > How do I make my pivot table pages only show items that relate to the above selection, e.g. if I have three pages REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE, then if I select Europe I want my COUNTRY list to only show countries in EUROPE. > > T...

Temp table and table variable
Hi, I have table variable with about 10 columns in my query and I'm using it only once. It has about 2000 rows. Query executes about 5 seconds. If I just change table variable into temp table and leave everything the same, query executes 100ms. How is that possible that it is so big difference in execution time? Maybe, because the query is new, it takes different execution plan now, and after a while the execution time would be the same - if so, there is the problem with statistics. How can I know what is the reason? Regards, Simon Simon, What is the query you are...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

When concatenating concatenates don't concatenate...
Hi List, Can anyone help? When concatenating already-concatenated cells, th result displays perfectly well in the Excel spreadsheet, but truncate when the cell is pasted into a .txt file. It doesn't seem to be due t Data Validation limits (having said that, selecting the entir worksheet and doing Alt > Data > Validation > Validation criteria Allow = Any value" did seem to solve the problem once, but only to com back next time round). The truncation occurs sometimes after 8 or 1 chars, and sometimes after 20 or so, always at the same spot. If I cop the cell into a fresh Excel...

Concatenate function
Hi, How can I concatenate these 2 cells: one is time and the other is text: 9:00 and AM and I want the result to be 9:00 AM =CONCATENATE(AD2, " ", AE2) I have tried different formating cells but it doesn't work, this is what I get: 0.375 AM Thanks for your help. NSNR - You must format the time (which is a number) to text: =TEXT(AD2,"H:MM") & " " & AE2 -- Daryl S "NSNR" wrote: > Hi, > How can I concatenate these 2 cells: one is time and the other is text: 9:00 > and AM and I want the result to be ...

Pivot table #16
Using 2003 Column A holds WBS codes. Column B holds WBS description. Column C holds manhours for the selected WBS. I want to run a pivot that shows a sum of the manhours for each WBS. When I run the pivot wizard, I get the "number" of WBS codes that hold manhours but not a sum of the manhours. How can I get a sum of manhours per WBS? Glen Hi Glen Double click on the Manhours filed, and select Sum instead of Count -- Regards Roger Govier <glen.e.mettler@lmco.com> wrote in message news:1168533927.695015.278050@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Using 2003 > C...

Display Text in the Data Area of a Pivot Table
I would like to simply display text in the data area of a pivot table without summarizing it. For example, take the following database: Date Time Instructor 8/9 8am Jones 8/9 9am Smith 8/10 8am Anderson 8/10 9am Doe ....etc and display it in a pivot table like so: | 8/9 | 8/10 --------------------------------- 8am | Jones | Anderson 9am | Smith | Doe thanks. ...

Problems with updating category names in pivot tables
I have an issue with pivot tables, previously my pivot table contained months where each month was written like "January, February" etc, but now I have changed the way the months are written to "01-january, 02-february". My problem is that even though the data with the old month names no longer exists in the pivot table, the pivot table still provides "January, February" etc. as filtering options in the month category. I've tried updating the pivot table but it doesnt help. The only way i've been able to get rid of this was by creating a new pivot t...

(blank) in pivot table
I have the following code in my module: objXL.ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Repo_Pivot").PivotCache.Refresh When I look at the resulting pivot table, there are fields with "(blank)" in them. Is this unavoidable, requiring some kind of text replace function? Or is there something in my code that causes it? Thanks, Bill Reed -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200711/1 ...

Report not showing a new table relationship
Hello, Im Working with the User Defined Check 2 for purchasing checks. I created a new relationship between the PM Payment WORK and the PM Transaction WORK File tables. I then go to the report definition tables and try to select the PM Transaction WORK File table as a new relation for the PM Payment WORK table but the table doesn't show on the Related Tables window. I'm using the PM_Transaction_WORK_Key1 as the secondary table key. I have created a new relation for the PM Payment WORK table with the PM Transaction OPEN File table and was able to use it in the report. Why is...

How do I keep file sizes small when using multiple pivot tables?
I have a large spreadsheet of data (around 16mb) and I need to do lots of pivot tables from that data. I have moved the pivot tables to a seperate workbook but the file size is nearly 100MB and this makes it pretty unusable. Is there any way to compress data in the pivot tables so you can still see the data but keep the files small? Cheers for any help Hi Jester, What I recommend is that you set up one table, and base the rest of the tables on that one table - this minimises the number of tables caching data. Alternatively, you could send the data out, and automate the creation of the...

How to create a combo box in a table
OK I will try and make this as detailed as I can I have a form in that form there is a sub form in a tab, that sub form would contain a data sheet that has a drop down Box , that drop down box selects a given product and up dates the price in one of the colums in the data sheet, by then entering your quantity it would then give you a total and that record apon hitting a command button would then be recorded. Here is my problem I am able to create a form based on a table, placing a combo box that will up date the text boxes with the selected info, but Im not able to get this proces int...

Chart to Table
How can I convert a chart in Excel to a table? Is that possible? Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's a sample macro on the Microsoft web site that you can use: Macro to Extract Data from a Chart http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=137016 mulhm < wrote: > How can I convert a chart in Excel to a table? Is that possible? > Thanks in advance. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Concatenating Cells
I have spent hours this afternoon in Excel 2003 trying to concatenate two adjacent text columns into a third column defined as Text format. It doesn't work, the result cell just displays the formula you enter {e.g. =A1&B1 or =CONCATENATE(A1,B1)}. I discovered after a great deal of frustration that this will only work if the cell containing the formula is formatted as '*General'*. All the MS command help refers to the data being concatenated as 'text' data as does the command help that displays as you type. I found no help on this on the MS site and trawling the w...

pivot table from different worksheets
hi to all, can i do a pivot table out of different worksheets ? currently i have a daily database (same structure, different values). i place them on file each on a different worksheet. how do i go about including all the worksheets on the same pivot table? sev You could create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges: 1. Choose Data>PivotTable and PivotChart Report 2. Select Multiple consolidation ranges, click Next 3. Select one of the page options, click Next 4. Select each range, and click Add, click Next 5. Select a location for the PivotTable, click Finish However, y...

moving average of figures from separate tables
I have values for Jan to Dec for Year 1 in Table 1 and values for Jan to Dec for Year 2 in Table 2. I want to calculate averages in a 3rd table using source data from Tables 1 and 2. Table 3 also has columns Jan to Dec for Year 2 but the value for each month is based on values 6 months after the respective month and 6 months before the month. So in Table 3, column 1 under "Jan", I want the average value of Jul to Dec in Year 1 and Jan to June in Year 2. For column 2 "Feb" in Table 3, it would be the average value of Aug to Dec in Year 1 and Jan to Jul in Yea...

How to use CHtmlEditCtrl and HTML display
I'm trying to use CHtmlEditCtrl in MFC7.0. I could show this edit control in CFormView derived application. CHtmlEditCtrl * m_pHtmlEdit; m_pHtmlEdit=new CHtmlEditCtrl; CRect rc(0,0, ...); m_pHtmlEdit->Create(NULL, NULL, rc, this, IDC_XXX , NULL); But CHtmlEditCtrl's destructor is "protected", so it makes memory leakage. Does it mean that it should be subclassed and its destructor should be overriden? Or its destruction is handled by COM server or...? In the former, what else should be specified in the subclass? Also, it seems to lack some methods compared to Rich edit ...

Want to setup a Table of contents from text in a Table
1. When I select text in a cell, to format that text to a specific Style, then the whole row's formatting change to that specific Style. or 2. The program put some other text into the table of contents that I have not mark Hope someone will help me. Thanks Answered in the Tables group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Es" <Es@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D73B7F9-08BA-4876-A362-CA09056EC229@microsoft.com... > 1. When I select text in a cell, to format that text to a specific Style, > then the whole row's forma...

Pivot Table #47
Two questions... I have a delivery status column in a column field in the pivot table. It has 4 possible values. I want it to show all 4 even if the value for that category is 0. Currently the pivot table only displays those columns that have values which changes the size of the table. I want it to remain the same. When I double click on a total number it produces a new worksheet with that data. Is there a way to name the new worksheet with the title of that column? For example if the title is Late can I make the title of that tab Late? To display all the items, right-click o...

IF and Concatenate
Hi I have a following chart which list out delivery dates arcross the top with items and units on the body of the chart (dashes are spaces) On the right column is the results that I need. What kind of formula can I use to return such results? I thought that I can use IF and Concatenate formula (IF, ordered units, then seek out date....). Not even sure I can use IF, since in my real chart, I have more than 20+ dates going across. Any help would be much appreciated! Style---7/30---8/13----8/14----8/15---8/17--------Wanted-Result 66106-------------------------------9--------5--------9 DUE ...

Unable to create tables or forms
Hi, I have a users using access 2003 and for some reason he's not able to create a table, form, etc. When he double clicks on it or right click on it to open it, nothings happens. I've tried "detect and repair" and uninstalling/reinstalling access to no avail. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help in advance. CJ investigate the User Level Security settings -- NTC "CJ" wrote: > Hi, > I have a users using access 2003 and for some reason he's not able to create > a table, form, etc. When he double clicks on it or right click on it to o...

When concatenating concatenates don't concatenate... #3
Sometimes the simplest thing... I didn't realise that all the files ha to be open for the concatenation to work :rolleyes: . Doing s eliminates the problem and explains the erratic behaviour. And yes, th idea is to blend the variable and unvariable parts of an html pag together by pasting the final concatenation into a notepad.txt file Primitive, but interim. Thank you very much for your help. Best regards d'A -- d'A ----------------------------------------------------------------------- d'Az's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 ...

Word 2007
Hi, In Word 2003 I have always put images into a two row table so that the caption is directly below. When I try this in 2007 the jpg floats over the table. What am I doing wrong? I realise that I could use a frame or a text box but would prefer to continue to use a table. Thanks, Rod Make sure that the wrapping on the picture is set to In Line With Text. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "REM" <remcg@tesco.net> wrote in message news:a045e637-32d1-4d75-8eba-93d91b1551f2@t34g2000prm.goo...

Pivot Table Question #2
Hi Everyone, I am working with a Pivot Table created with Excel 2000. I have two questions: a)How do you turn off the dropdown arrow in the data fields when they are NOT a page field? b)How can I use a numeric field without any calculation at all.? I want to show it as it is in the worksheet list in which the pivot table is based. Thanks to all for your kind help Gustavo ...