columns #3

How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want-  I am trying
to make a guest list and need to change the column names.

Please help me
0
Melisa (3)

That ability does not exist in XL.

In article <ECC6FF32-BFA6-4722-8AA3-8897B1BDE3E3@microsoft.com>,
 Melisa <Melisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want-  I am trying
> to make a guest list and need to change the column names.
>
> Please help me
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/27/2007 9:21:26 PM
A workaround since you cannot change the letters as JE points out.

Use row 1 for your titles then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes so row 1 is
always in view.

Tools>Options>View.  Uncheck Row and Column Headers if you don't want to see
them.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:16:01 -0700, Melisa <Melisa@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want-  I am trying
>to make a guest list and need to change the column names.
>
>Please help me

0
Gord
4/27/2007 9:37:06 PM
Place your Column Names in Row 1, then start your data in Row 2.  The (A, B,
C...) names cannot be customized.

HTH,
Elkar

"Melisa" wrote:

> How do I re-name the columns for A, B, C, etc... to what I want-  I am trying
> to make a guest list and need to change the column names.
>
> Please help me
0
Elkar (111)

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Error while upgrading BusinessPortal 3.0
Hi, In the process of upgrading BuisinessPortal 3.0 to BusinessPoratl 4.0 we need to upgrade WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0. After running the WSS 3.0 InPlace upgrade and running Sharepoint products and technologies wizard it opens Central Administration and run some upgrade actions. We are getting some errors in this process. I am providing the error information in the log below for your reference. [SPManager] [ERROR] [7/17/2008 12:40:55 PM]: NeedsUpgradeFalse [Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebSite] failed. [SPManager] [ERROR] [7/17/2008 12:40:55 PM]: Access to the path 'c:\inetp...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Outlook crashes #3
Hi, I am trying to download emails from my POP3 account. But my outlook 2000 crashes. Even I applied sp-3. The error message displays the rtfhtml.dll as the module name. Any idea what I can do to solve this problem. Thanks Chandra ...

Excel 2007 question #3
I have been using Excel for a specific purpose since about 1990 and every version since. It is a spreadsheet with many embedded formulas which, fortunately, have worked in all versions of Excel. I am absolutely puzzled by the default behavior of Excel 2007 with regard to text entry. When entering data into a cell the typing appears in the formula bar and the cursor appears in the cell but no text. There is no cursor in the formula bar while typing. I have to deliberately place the cursor in the formula bar with the mouse to correct a typing error. If entering a text item that has prev...

Help needed on Dexterity utilities #3
Hi, After creating chunk code, it appeared like dll extension file. Then I placed that chunk code in the folder where dictionary.dic is present. But u told me that I get message as "Do u want to include new code?". I didn't get such message. When I opened Gp after placing chunk code in Great Plains folder, directly it is showing company screen without asking for the request message. Can u please help out me in this issue. Regs, Kiran. Kiran Please make sure you follow the instructions in the KB Article below https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?s...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

display total in stacked column chart
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 To make it simple to explain, I'll make up a sample stacked column chart and maybe someone can help me. Let's assume I have taken attendance in a particular class over the last 5 years and I have that attendance information broken down into males and females. So I have a data table that has the year in Column A, the number of males in attendance in Column B, the number of females in attendance in Column C, and the total attendance in Column D. I created a stacked column chart with the information from Columns B and C so that my stacked column...

Gantt Chart Import Invalid Column Error
Trying to import an Excel table into the Gantt Chart in Visio. The Finish date works fine, but every time I try to map the Start date, I get an "Invalid Column Format" error. Tried changing the format of the Start date field, and it doesn't change anything. Excel 2007 Visio 2007 SP2 and 2010 Beta, both with the same issue. Any suggestions? some people have luck with exporting a file from Visio first, then using that as a dummy file to enter data into and import back. I also found that visio chokes on blank date fields. ...

Separating data in a column
the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes replies in another cell and also total no replies in a different cell. How do i do it? The following COUNTIF function can be used =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,"yes") The sort or data filter command can be used to separate the replies. "Gemgirl" wrote: > the spreadsheet i am working on has 1 column with 2 possible answers, i.e. > yes/no. what i need to do is separate the replies and then total the yes > replie...

Xcel or Access sort columns of names so that I remove the intersect between 2 columns from one of the columns?
Hi, I have currently in Xcel and long list of X English phrases in one column with associated numerical data about each name in adjoining columns. I have on another workbook (which could of course be pasted into this workbook)another similarly set out column of Y English phrases again with ajoining columns having numberical data row that the phrase. I would like to be able to sort the second column of phrases removing all the phrases that occured in the first column. Ideally it would be great to have the numerical data for the remaining English phrases still on the same rows (not necessary ...

Moving a column
How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information move with it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 One way: select the column header (usually a letter at the top) Rightclick on that selection And select insert desgnr wrote: > > How do i move a Vertical column over to the right & have the information > move with it ? > > -- > Dell Inspiron > Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz > 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 -- Dave Peterson Clic...

Backup/Restore CRM 3.0
Dear All, i'm starting to implement CRM 3.0 in my site and i don't know how to do a good backup and restore plan to my environment. What i need to backup? only the databases? i have done backup of all necessary database e transation logs but i 'm not having sucessfully to recovery it. can you help me? Thank you, Rafael Menezes. You can't just backup logs, you need a full backup first, then the logs. The logs only record changes made to the DB, not the entire DB. Then, to restore, you fiurst restore the Full backup and then the log backups since the full backup was taken...

Field Level Security #3
I do not see field level security as an option. I am reading the Advanced Security Manual and per instructiosn go to (Tools >> Setup >> System >> Field Level Security) There is no Field Level Security Listed, yet if I go to Advanced Security it looks like I have access to this. Why can't I see it? It is a separate module. You are likely not licensed for the module, and therefore do not have acccess to it. "wendileigh" wrote: > I do not see field level security as an option. I am reading the Advanced > Security Manual and per instructiosn go to...

Can the left column panes be frozen when doing functional chart
Am doing a swim lane flow chart that is using many pages. Would be nice to freeze the functional names on the left of each page. Much like you can do in excel. Can this be done in Visio? ...

match up column A with column B
Hi, I have a column of numbers in A, and a column of numbers in B. There are 180 numbers in A (A1:A180) and 130 numbers in B (B1:B130). I need Excel to find which numbers match up between columns, e.g look down column A and find all the matching numbers in column B, then sort the columns so the matched numbers are next to each other (so I can see which numbers don't match between columns). (I have sorted the numbers from lowest to highest down the column, so they are in numerical order). I have no idea how to do this. :confused: Thanks for any assistance you can provide. :) -- ...