Checking Client Status Prior to Save

I am new to VB and need to write an Excel macro that will check the other
systems on a LAN in order to make sure they are alive and capable of
accepting a saveas file.

I written a macro to perform the saveas but it comes up with an error if one
of the machines is down and will not complete the macro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan
0
jan8121 (1)

sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix
Hi. Not Show Drive HDD 1 Tr. Why Error: sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix. Plz Help For Fixed. -- AhrimanSefid AhrimanSefid wrote: > Hi. > Not Show Drive HDD 1 Tr. > Why Error: > sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix. > Plz Help For Fixed. > > Replace the hard drive; it has failed. -- Bruce Chambers Help us help you: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve ne...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Access application on clients without Access
Hi. I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy Office versions with Access included to all the users. I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not sure how I do it. From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that will work on clients running Office 2007. Ant hints or links to resources appreciated. Kind regards Mr. Smith Try this one from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...

Authorizing checks with RMS

i deleted info in excel then saved. can i recover deleted info?
I have microsoft office 2003, and was using excel. i deleted some columns to copy on to another worksheet. i then closed all the worksheets and agreed to save changes....by mistake. is there any way of recovering that data that i deleted? heres hoping! Open your backup copy. If you haven't got one, make sure that you select that option (always create backup copy) next time you save. -- David Biddulph "jbhtbruce" <jbhtbruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5918E813-325E-4A39-AC95-6A74E8B5CDE6@microsoft.com... > I have microsoft offi...

How do I create Check list

Outlook 6.0 as the default mail client
I am using Publisher 2007 to make an email merge. When I try to select my list from outlook contacts it tells me that I do not have a default mail client. It then tells me to run outlook express and make it my default mail. when I go to outlook it is already marked as default. Anybody know what I need to do or check next? "Meatman" <Meatman@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:16F0FE91-54A6-489E-8A58-553E34F7A4AC@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2007 to make an email merge. When I try to select my > list from outlook contacts it tells me that I d...

Migrating multiple Outlook clients from one server to another
Problem – we have numerous outlook clients ’98,2000,2003 deployed on a range of platforms from W95 to XP Pro. These access a number of exchange 5.5 servers, in separate domains, which we would like to migrate to one central exchange 2003 cluster. Is there a tool or reg hack that would effectively allow us to deploy an update to reflect the new server in the email clients profile via a login script or group policy? Have had a look at profgen and do not feel it is suitable for the way we have deployed exchange mail user names and our domain usernames. ...

Consolidate With Medical School Loans and Save Money !
If you are a medical school graduate, then make life easier by opting for federal loan consolidation from www.MedicalSchoolLoans.com today. Consolidate your loans into just one single loan even if you have borrowed from multiple sources. With us, you save thousands of dollars. Make the best of a low lock-in rate of interest and tremendous borrower benefits too! Consolidate with Medical School Loans NOW! ...

How do I save toolbar setting on new mail?
I am trying to make two toolbars only take up one line instead of two, but when I change it on a new outgoing mail it is not saved. it's caused by an toolbar added by a 3rd party utility. Get rid of the culprit and the toolbars will 'stick'. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

Printing Checks

how to write and save ini files like some apps do with their ini's
Im working on app that will keep lists of things in a ini file from edit boxes on a dialogs. I already know about CEdit and WritePrivateProfileStrings things. but I need things to be listed like this. also I will add ability to delete. mIRC does this same way with the servers.ini and alias.ini [thing] n0=here n1=food n2=metal n3=hotdogs n4=metals n5=pencils n6=pens n7=paint for your info. Im using MFC to make my program in Visual C++ 6.0. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,...

Saving question
How do I get a macro to create a new folder and save 3 different files into it. I can get the autosave to work but not quite sure on how to save into a new directory or even if you can??\ Thanks again Greg actually create a macro for this and you can modify it as vba Greg B <browshop@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d069ci$ntc$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > How do I get a macro to create a new folder and save 3 different files into > it. > > I can get the autosave to work but not quite sure on how to save into a new > directory or even if you can??\ > > Thanks ag...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

554 error client host rejected wrong mail relay using Exchange 2003 /w SP2
I seem to be getting this error on a few domains that I'm sending mail to. We are using Windows 2003 /w Exchange 2003 SP2. Any idea's? Is this caused by a external DNS issue on the A or PTR record? Or... In external DNS we have our email server setup as mail2.abc.com but within Exchange we have our email server setup as mail1.abc.com would this be causing the issue? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: john@abc.com on 21/04/2006 9:54 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system ad...

Can't save file in network or hard disk
Receive new xp last week and running excel 2000. The file has 12 tabs and lots of data linking between tabs. Sporadically, I cannot save the file back on the network, cannot save under another name, and cannot even save on the c:drive. The message is "xxx.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding". The network is not down and I am not disconnected from the network. I do not encounter this problem with the old nt. Other files have less tabs and less c...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

SFO client install error 02-03-05
hello... i have got a problem that the shortcuts and the crm icon in the mail box will not show out when i install the SFO client software and I got the error message "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM SFO" I have tried to uninstall the software many time, even i changed the Domain but the problem still happened. does anyone get the idea how to resolve it? Thanks Jerry, Be sure you followed all of the pre requisites before the install is attempted. Make sure the web client is operational. Indexing services are in...

Save OWA email in mi PC
Hello everybody, I am using Outlook Web Access and I want to save a copy of my Inbox and Sent Items to my hard disk. How can I do this? Thanks in advance. jleon I don't think you can do it from the web client. Normally, you'd need the full Outlook client to do it. "jleon" <jleonmex@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1132862547.999349.319790@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello everybody, > > I am using Outlook Web Access and I want to save a copy of my Inbox > and Sent Items to my hard disk. How can I do this? ...

GPO IE6 does not change the default mail client
We configure IE6 with GPO's. The problem is that when a user clics on a mailto email on a website it does not show outlook 2000 as we configure with GPO's. instead Outlook express comes on. To fix the problem I had to set the email program IE6 back to outlook express, clic on the mailto, after that outlook express comes on. Close down outlook express and go back in IE6 to change the email program to outlook 2000 clic on the mailto on the website and at last outlook 2000 comes up and the problem is fix. Is there any way to fix that problem without doing what i did. thanks In news:1...

Quick-Access-Toolbar Settings: SAVE on other PC ?
HOW to save my Quick-Access-Toolbar SETTINGS ? Best on a stick, to work with on an other PC? Thanks. If the QAT settings are in your normal.dotm, save it under a new name. Save the file to the Word/Startup folder that is along the user path for your user name on that computer. It will load whenever you start Word. You can save the QAT dotm in other locations, but you will have to load it yourself every time you start Word. Most of the experts here recommend that you _not_ load the add-on template from a "stick". Pam jsyh wrote: >HOW to save my Quick-Access...