Chart on a different sheet

I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart:
A1
A8
A15
A22
etc
I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such
yo shhet 6
=Sheet2!:a1
=sheet2!a8
etc etc
Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is
becoming very long.
Thanks

0
pcor (148)

In Sheet6,

Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2:
=INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)
Copy B2 down as far as required.

B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1
B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8
and so on
--
Max
Singapore
"pcor" wrote:
> I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart:
> A1
> A8
> A15
> A22
> etc
> I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such
> yo shhet 6
> =Sheet2!:a1
> =sheet2!a8
> etc etc
> Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is
> becoming very long.
> Thanks

0
demechanik (4694)
7/16/2007 6:14:01 AM
Thanks for the help. I would apperciate it if you would explain the folllowing:
I assume ($1:1) refers to A1
what does the " *7-6" do
thanks

"Max" wrote:

> In Sheet6,
>
> Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2:
> =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)
> Copy B2 down as far as required.
>
> B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1
> B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8
> and so on
> --
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> ---
> "pcor" wrote:
> > I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart:
> > A1
> > A8
> > A15
> > A22
> > etc
> > I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as such
> > yo shhet 6
> > =Sheet2!:a1
> > =sheet2!a8
> > etc etc
> > Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my list is
> > becoming very long.
> > Thanks

0
pcor (148)
7/16/2007 2:48:00 PM
1:1 refers to the first row and returns 1, *7-6 means multiply 1 (what rows
return) by 7 then subtract 6
that part will return 1,8,15 and so on

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the help. I would apperciate it if you would explain the
> folllowing:
> I assume ($1:1) refers to A1
> what does the " *7-6" do
> thanks
>
> "Max" wrote:
>
>> In Sheet6,
>>
>> Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2:
>> =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)
>> Copy B2 down as far as required.
>>
>> B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1
>> B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8
>> and so on
>> --
>> Max
>> Singapore
>> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
>> xdemechanik
>> ---
>> "pcor" wrote:
>> > I have numbers on SHEET2 that are all 7 cells apart:
>> > A1
>> > A8
>> > A15
>> > A22
>> > etc
>> > I want to create a chart on sheet 6 so I have copied the coordinate as
>> > such
>> > yo shhet 6
>> > =Sheet2!:a1
>> > =sheet2!a8
>> > etc etc
>> > Is there a way that this could be done jmucg faster and better as my
>> > list is
>> > becoming very long.
>> > Thanks

0
terre081 (3244)
7/16/2007 3:07:09 PM
Your help is much appreciated

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> 1:1 refers to the first row and returns 1, *7-6 means multiply 1 (what rows
> return) by 7 then subtract 6
> that part will return 1,8,15 and so on
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the help. I would apperciate it if you would explain the
> > folllowing:
> > I assume ($1:1) refers to A1
> > what does the " *7-6" do
> > thanks
> >
> > "Max" wrote:
> >
> >> In Sheet6,
> >>
> >> Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2:
> >> =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)
> >> Copy B2 down as far as required.
> >>
> >> B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1
> >> B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8
> >> and so on
> >> --
> >> Max
> >> Singapore
> >> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> >> xdemechanik
> >> ---

0
pcor (148)
7/16/2007 4:38:04 PM
What code would I require if I wanted to start at Col D row 200 and work down
Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> 1:1 refers to the first row and returns 1, *7-6 means multiply 1 (what rows
> return) by 7 then subtract 6
> that part will return 1,8,15 and so on
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the help. I would apperciate it if you would explain the
> > folllowing:
> > I assume ($1:1) refers to A1
> > what does the " *7-6" do
> > thanks
> >
> > "Max" wrote:
> >
> >> In Sheet6,
> >>
> >> Place this in any starting cell, say, in B2:
> >> =INDEX(Sheet2!A:A,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)
> >> Copy B2 down as far as required.
> >>
> >> B2 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A1
> >> B3 returns the same as: =Sheet2!A8
> >> and so on
> >> --
> >> Max
> >> Singapore
> >> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> >> xdemechanik
> >> ---

0
pcor (148)
7/16/2007 5:02:03 PM
It should be the same, that's the beauty of using rows as opposed to row.

Of course if you meant that you want to get the first value from Sheet2!D200
then just change it to

=INDEX(Sheet2!$D$200:$D$65535,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)

and copy down

but if you mean that you want to put this formula in D200 then it would be
unchanged

--

> What code would I require if I wanted to start at Col D row 200 and work
> down
> Thanks
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> 1:1 refers to the first row and returns 1, *7-6 means multiply 1 (what
>> rows
>> return) by 7 then subtract 6
>> that part will return 1,8,15 and so on
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the help. I would apperciate it if you would explain the
>> > folllowing:
>> > I assume ($1:1) refers to A1
>> > what does the " *7-6" do
>> > thanks

0
terre081 (3244)
7/16/2007 5:08:20 PM
That was just great.Thanks- I was looking for the "FIRST"

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> It should be the same, that's the beauty of using rows as opposed to row.
>
> Of course if you meant that you want to get the first value from Sheet2!D200
> then just change it to
>

> =INDEX(Sheet2!$D$200:$D$65535,ROWS($1:1)*7-6)
>

> and copy down
>

> but if you mean that you want to put this formula in D200 then it would be
> unchanged
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What code would I require if I wanted to start at Col D row 200 and work
> > down
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
> >
> >> 1:1 refers to the first row and returns 1, *7-6 means multiply 1 (what
> >> rows
> >> return) by 7 then subtract 6
> >> that part will return 1,8,15 and so on
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Peo Sjoblom
> >>

> >> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcor (148)

Different margins on odd/even pages
Hello - Anyone have code or tricks to format an Access report for binding? For example, with 1" margin on left and 0.5" margin on right for odd pages, and 0.5" margin on left and 1" margin on right for even pages. Works in most other Office apps, but not Access? Many thanks, rpf One way to do this is to set half inch margins, and move the controls across the page in the Format even of the Page Header section. This example assumes you put the unmoved position of each control you want to move into its Tag property. The value should be in twips, where 1440 twips = 1...

Legend on Chart

Outlook today pointing to a different calendar ?
My office caldenar file is actually on a separate networked drive that others have access to and not on my PC. Is there a way to get Outlook Today to point to that calendar instead of the default one, thereby showing my true calendar for the day ? ...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Demographic chart?

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Working with Different workbooks
Dear Receipient, I would like to know how to open two different excel files in two different workbooks, in other words... I want to see both files on the taskbar and not only one of them and the other is stacked somewhere behind it. Thanks and Regards, Menu Tools>Options>View and check the Windows In Taskbar checkbox. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "eawinga" <eawinga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFE4564D-6EB4-48AE-A297-A2DE99624C01@microsoft.com... > Dear Receipient, > > I would l...

Chart in Chart

Fixed Assets
I'm testing the fixed assets module in Great Plains. I want to switch from FAS to GP as soon as possible. The issue I am running into is that I have a fiscal year end of 6/30 for the books, but the tax year remains a calendar year. GP Fixed Assets doesn't seem to allow different fiscal years for each set of books. Will GP be updated with this feature soon? I would think that other companies have run into this issue, as well. If there is a way around this problem or "opportunity", please reply with that information. That would help a lot. Thanks. The Fixed Asse...

How do I create a chart....

Are Word2007 macros different from Word2003 macros ?
I have a small macro which I used in Word2003 which opens the new templates in "list" view instead of the "large icons" view which seems to be the default view in Word2007 as it was in Word 2003. I notice with the macro that it seems to be quite slow compared with its use in Word2003, and also it seems to open the new templates window in large icons view first, then changes it into list view. Does Word2007 handle macros in a different way to Word 2003 ? My little macro is simple, just SendKeys"%2" Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show Is there a...

Chart items moving around

Difference from previous week
Hi, I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. I would also like to show the difference between that day's amount and the amount from 7 days ago, basically to see how much the total has increased or decreased. I've tried making the control of a textbox [total] - dlookup("total","table","total - 7") but all I get then is '0'. Thanks in advance! On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:12:01 -0800, s4 <s4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. >I would also like to show the diffe...

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

Moving User Mailboxes to a Different Server
How do I move a user mailbox to a different server. Our organization is currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to move a few users around to even out the space. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/1709e5fe-a070-4985-a4b9-8fe67c46b055.mspx?mfr=true David A. Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging Senior Systems Engineer www.steeleye.com Dan wrote: > How do I move a user mailbox to a different server. Our organization is > currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to > move a few users around...

Grouping in protected sheets
Hi, I have a sheet where I need to protect some formulas so that people won't mess them. However, when I do this Excel does not let me use the + (or -) buttons to open the groupings. Any suggestions how to handle this problem? thanks in advance!! Maya You have to set the worksheet's EnableOutlining property to true. Unfortunately this is a setting that must be set every time you open the workbook because it does not stick. You can run this code in your workbook's startup macro to handle this. With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect Pas...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

select all non-blank cells from different workbook
hi again, I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Just to clarify, is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2? How does the data need to be on the sheet2? Rgrds, Kristiina -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...