changin amount in cell

Been asked to increase amount in one column by 500 in excel 2003

Put 500 in an empty cell, copy it, select the cell you want to increase and
do edit>paste special and select add

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"jillingore" <jillingore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Been asked to increase amount in one column by 500 in excel 2003

0
terre081 (3244)

Default character at beginning of cell
Is there a way to have a character be automatically inserted into given cell before the information that a user types in? I nee something like a circle or square from Wingdings to be displayed at th beginning of a group of cells almost like a bullet in Microsoft Word. I don't want the user to have to manually enter the character befor typing in their data. Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Honda, If you're willing to install a macro, we can write you one that will do that. You'll need to say which columns or rows, etc., where this is to be...

Macro to change cell text color
OBJECTIVE: I select a range of cells. I want a macro I can run tha changes the color of the text based on 3 criteria: (1) if a numeric value w/o an = sign or any mathematical operators then RED (2) if a forumla w/ an = sign, but no other operators, then GREEN (3) if a formula w/ an = sign and operators, then BLUE Can anyone post this? Thanks. - Ji -- James ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953...

Tax Amount Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Can't receive after an amount of time
Windows XP Professional Roadrunner Connection Office XP Professional PC-Cillin Microsoft ActiveSync for Pocket PC (I sync calendar/tasks/notes only) I run Outlook 2003 and have several email addresses I check. Everything works but after awhile I get the following error from every email address (most from different companies): Task '*** - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' After res...

Count backwards N cells
Hi all, In col.B I want a formula to count back from C1 times, cells in column A but to skip the blank and 0, and return row of first cell: A B C 1: 1 1 2 2: 0 1 3: 1 4: 0 1 5: -2 1 6: 3 5 7: 5 8: 5 9: 1 6 10: -5 9 11: 5 10 12: 0 10 13: 10 B9: because A9 and A6 meet conditions, return row 6 C1 is variable. I hope I did understand, any help would be appreciated. ...

Changin a file name
Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? Take a look at : CFile::Rename SHFileOperation rename When you rename a file the original no longer exists, so there is nothing to delete. But if you really want to delete a file try DeleteFile. AliR. "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179372799.289579.230910@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically chan...

Arrow Keys Move Scrollbar instead of cells.
Hello, Recently something changed in Excel so that using the arrow keys moves the scrollbars instead of moving between cells. It is incredibly frustrating and I do not know how it started or what option to select to make it stop. Assistance would be appreciated. Sincerely, Louis Press on the Scroll Lock button Louis -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Louis Erickson" <ericksonl@bit-wizards.com> wrote in message news:05df01c389f9$78b47420$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Recently something changed in Excel so that using...

Moving total cell
Howdy, Don't use Excel much but am building a very simple spreadsheet with five columns, the last column contains dollar amounts. What I would like is a formula in the column total that automatically moves the cell down one row and re-totals the column when the user presses enter at the end of each row. In other words, starting at row one column one the user would enter data into 4 columns ending with a dollar amount in the 5th column. In the cell below would be a total cell that moves down one and totals the cell(s) above it when the user presses enter after entering a dollar amount...

highlight row/column to track current cell ... and more!
I'm wondering ... is there a way for Excel to highlight the row and column of the current cell? This would make it easier to associate the current cell to its row and column ... which often contain info related to the current cell. I located the info at this link but these solutions are destructive to the formatting of the rows/columns ... which is unacceptable ... http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/VBA/26758.html On widescreen LCD displays with high resolution, its very likely that Excel users will have many many rows and columns ... and this current cell tracking/highlighting idea w...

Macro to Shade Cells with the color specified by 3 other cells?
I have cells in a row with RGB values between 0 and 255. I'd like another cell to be shaded in the color specified by those three values. Can this be done with a macro? If so, what is the macro? Thanks. -Rob Rob, You can use something like Range("A1").Interior.Color = RGB( _ Range("B1").Value, Range("C1").Value, Range("D1").Value) where B, C, and D have the Red, Green, and Blue values. However, there's a problem here. Excel supports only 56 colors, although those 56 colors can be any RGB color you want. These colors are stored in...

Cell Format Question
How do I format a cell in Excel to store Bar Codes Some Barcode begin with Zero ! When I format them as a 'text' my linked table in access displays #NUM! Error and if I run a query I get the same error. If I use a 'number' format, all the barcode that begin with Zero are shortened to begin with the first real number. Pat Your access table should be formatted as text, too. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Pat Coleman" <pcoleman@foodireland.com> wrote in message news:elNs6ESwFHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do I format a cell in...

Copy cell to a new cell
Hi I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the first two digits to another cell i.e. 90 and follow it up with a dummy code 00CPSS00 which will be standard for all values. the new cell should have the following value 9000CPSS00. Is there an automated function that can do this for me. Hi, If you data is in A1 enter in B1: =LEFT(A1,2)&"00CPSS00" Regards, -- AP "mohd21uk" <u20517@uwe> a �crit dans le message de news:5e5292da6a2d1@uwe... > Hi > > I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the ...

Give blank in cell
I have 10 cells in column A A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 etc What I require is if cell A1 is blank then blank in all cells, if A1 is one then add one to each cell ie if A1 =1 A2 =2 =IF(A1="","",A1+1) -- David Biddulph "bbc1" <bbc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC34B77D-DD6C-4229-8820-8DD0A1DEB7FE@microsoft.com... >I have 10 cells in column A > A1 > A2 > A3 > A4 > A5 > etc > What I require is if cell A1 is blank then blank in all cells, if A1 is > one > then add one to each cell > ie if A1...

Determine cell fill color?
Is there a means of determining a cell's fill color? I have a report with conditional formatting which produces a particular fill color, and I need to translate that same color to a overview sheet. I can see that there is some code available for the use, but how do I get a color return and translation? Many thanks for this group's continued help! Michelle See Chip Pearson's website for code to determine CF colors. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:39:13 -0700, "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

text to fit in cell
How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able to print the page with all of the words in the cell even if it has to make the cell larger, without going over into the next cell. How do I do this? Hi goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Wrap text' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DaveB wrote: > How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able > to print the page with all of the words in the cell even > if it has to make the cell larger, without going over > into the next cell. How do I do this? Dave Format>Cells>Alignm...

I want to format a cell based on an adjacent cells value
I would like a cell automatically formatted in the same way a conditional format works - but the format to be based on the value of an adjacent cell. Any ideas as I cant work out how or if I can achieve this Cumbo, Use Conditional Formatting, but change cell valve is to formula is and use something like this, will change the cell if A1=25 =$A$1=25, so if you select B5 and put this in conditional formatting cell B5 will change when A1 = 25 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on an...

Highlight cells
I am trying to highlight a cell if it is empty. However, the cell in question is pulling data from another page in the worksheet, so the cell is not empty because it contains the address of the referenced cell. I have tried conditional formating and "IF" and couldn't get any of them to work. Any suggestions? A1 cell formula =IF(B1="","",B1) A1 Conditional Formatting>Formula: =A1="" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:32:01 -0800, Goyo <Goyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to hig...

Swap cell contents
I am after the shortcut for swapping the contents of adjacent cells or columns. Thanks Hi H Cole......, To move a column(s), select the column(s) then hold the Shift key and drag the column boundary with the mouse to where to want it between two other columns. An important point your formulas are moved, so everything works out well. More mouse things similar to this: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse If you can't find it in help then whether it's in help or not isn't going to do much good, but the mouse things are poorly documented or indexed in help. ...

Cell.Find in VBA
Hi, I have the following VBA Macro: Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _ After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ MatchCase:=False) I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers. Here's an example: Column A 199 199 75781 75899 199 80012 Thanks, Hi I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value of each cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D3CEA329-2A...

Amount paid on check stub to reflect the exact amount paid
I had multiple invoices to pay including a credit to one vendor. Instead of referring to the remittance advice that I sent along with the check, they posted the payments according to the info on the check stub. This is what appears on the stub: Inv amt 165.10 amount paid 0.00 " " 279.67 " " 38.64 " " 7.00 " " 7.00 " " 145.50 " " 145.50 " " 161.40 " " 161.40 " " (406.13) " " 0.00 The total comes to 352.54 and the check was...

How to make a formula with < or> in a cell
I am trying to make a formula that does this: If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of L2 is $25 or above, times it by .01 Try =IF(L2<25,L2*0.52,L2*0.1) Regards Rowan "RickyBubbalu" wrote: > I am trying to make a formula that does this: > > If the amount of L2 is less than $25, times it by .052; if the amount of L2 > is $25 or above, times it by .01 > an alternative with no IF =A1*0.01+(A1<25)*A1*0.042 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rowan" <Rowan@discussions.micr...

Adding up cells and then output to excel chart help.
I have a report I do each month. On the report there are cells where data is entered. (numbers) I would like to be able to put the data in the cell and then have excel output the data to a chart in excel. Would be a big deal to do? It depends on what you'll be doing to the data. If it's simple calculations, no. The more stuff you want to do with it, the harder it will be. Can you give any more information on what you want to do with it? Cheers, Scott "Paul Tuttle Sr," wrote: > I have a report I do each month. On the report there are cells where > data is ...

Reference Data Range based on cell contents
I have a chart in which the Data range is set as follows: ='Sheet2'!$A$25:$M$37 Is it possible to do the following? Where it states "$M$37", I'd like "37" to be based on a number that shows in AB1. Is that possible? Thanks, Paul ...

vba looping for blank cells
hi there, to simplify, I need to work out some VBA to take the value of populated cells in column C and insert this into blank cells in column A. A B C a 10.00 a 20.00 30.00 b 1.00 b 23.00 b 25.00 b 15.00 64.00 c 24.00 c 54.00 c 62.00 140.00 d 1.00 1.00 I could work out how to loop to find the populated cells in C and then to find blanks in A but I have no idea how to combine this code and then to insert the value it has found from C into A. The number of lines inbetween always varies and the first value will match the first blank etc. Again, any help would be really very gratefully a...

insert cell
How do you insert one cell by itself. Not a line or a column but a single cell. In previous versions we had the ability to shift left or right I can't find that What happens if you right|(!) a cell and choose "Insert" (or is it, maybe, "add") ? Micky "dgarrett@shorter.edu" wrote: > How do you insert one cell by itself. Not a line or a column but a single > cell. In previous versions we had the ability to shift left or right I can't > find that Please think about this logically. The whole concept of Excel is it's gr...