Change data from one cell to another cell

How can I automatically change data entered in cell A1 (32454521) into a
dollar amount in cell A2 ($16.25)?  Thanks for your guidance!
0
tmitchell (1)

Since you don't give much detail, my GUESS is that this is some part number
and you want to lookup the price. If so, look in the help index for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"tmitchell" <tmitchell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I automatically change data entered in cell A1 (32454521) into a
> dollar amount in cell A2 ($16.25)?  Thanks for your guidance!

0
dguillett1 (2487)
7/5/2006 2:46:34 PM
Is this the only forum where part of the puzzle
is actually trying to work out what the question really is :)

--
Steve (3)
0

Format as Currency

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:34:03 -0700, tmitchell
<tmitchell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can I automatically change data entered in cell A1 (32454521) into a
>dollar amount in cell A2 ($16.25)?  Thanks for your guidance!

0
Gord
7/5/2006 7:30:52 PM
SteveW,
Nope! I regularly visit about 12 of these newsgroups, it happens everywhere.
Most individuals could find the answer with the F1 key, IF they knew what
the question was.
"SteveW" <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is this the only forum where part of the puzzle
> is actually trying to work out what the question really is :)
>
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:46:34 +0100, Don Guillett
> <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Since you don't give much detail, my GUESS is that this is some part
>> number
>> and you want to lookup the price. If so, look in the help index for
>> VLOOKUP
>>

> --
> Steve (3)

0
Chuck

CC Incoming/Outgoing mail to another user
Hey everyone, I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would like to know if Exchange can copy all outgoing and incoming mail of a certain user to another users mailbox? For example, all email sent and received from userA@domain.com, userB@domain.com will also get it all. Cheers, Matt "OzPacific" wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and > would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would > like to know ...

Name Change
I did a search for this and found a couple of things but I couldn't seem to find anything definitive. We need to change a users name in AD and CRM. Is this possible? What is the procedure for doing this? Please help. Thanks Greg The way to do that in CRM would be to create a new CRM user with the changed ad account name. Than open the old users detail record and select Reassign Records in the action menu to move all the old records. Than you should be able to disable/delete the old user. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "gstat" ...

How can I change the entries in the Virtual Function table...
Hi All, I have a C++ class with some virtual functions without any data members. I want to change the address of the first entry in the Virtual table of that class with the address of a custom (normal) function. How can I achieve this. Awaiting your communication. With kind regards Sanjay Derive a new class and override that function. Onega "Sanjay" <sanjay.vishwakarma@assetlink.com> wrote in message news:OKlrIkXjDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I have a C++ class with some virtual functions without any data members. > I want ...

Combining notes into one record
I have a customer that has accidentally created two records with file notes that should be only one record with both file notes included. Is there a way to combine these? Use the "merge" feature. The master record will inherit the activities of the deactivated record. (The merge function is on the entity grid-- next to the "Create Quick Campaign" button) "patrick" wrote: > I have a customer that has accidentally created two records with file notes > that should be only one record with both file notes included. Is there a way > to combine thes...

Can i change my smtp server?
hi guys If i look in my queues i see a smtp connector. it shows like internal Domain - (ip adress)[SMTP connector] and Internet Connector(ip adress)[SMTP connector]. if i want to use a different smtp connector where do i change that. i need to use the smtp connector of my ISP and not of the mail hosting company anymore.Is this possible? i hav exc2003 sp2 thanks On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:30:52 +0200, "expres account" <express(removethis) AT tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote: >hi guys > >If i look in my queues i see a smtp connector. it shows like internal >Domai...

Pictures in a Cell?
Is it possible to 'insert' a picture in a cell ? Simple question but I cannot find a positive answer in the help - so maybe it can't be done Thanks for your time John Hi John! Cells can only contains formulas and values, not objects as pictures and charts. Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "Ann and John" <aj@annandjohn.com> wrote in message news:c249tu$ta$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > Is it possible to 'insert' a picture in a cell ? > > Simple question but I cannot find a positive answer in the help - so maybe > it can't be done...

Changing Order Owner
Is there an easy way to change the Order owner to the contact owner? Is work Thanks in advance. Shawn CRM Menu >> Action >> Assign Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Shawn" wrote: > Is there an easy way to change the Order owner to the contact owner? Is work > Thanks in advance. > Shawn I should have been more specific. We want the Order owner to always be the contact owner, no matter who enters it. I have created a Work Flow that changes on entry, but it involves an If, Then, Else for each CRM user. Is there any easier way? Something like...

Pivot Table Data field
Hi, I am importing the data from Ms Access, and creating Pivot table. Pivot Table Columns Row------------------------------ | Data | Row, Data and Columns have drop down manus where you can select and unselect values. In Row and Columns when if i unselect any values in drop down menu and go back values are still there. However, With Data when i unselect any values it vanish i am unable to retrive it back. Please any one let me know if i unselect any values from the Data dropdown menu they still stay there. Regards, -- khansab143 -------------------------------------------...

Attached MSG files change when saved
I have this scenario- I have a .MSG email, and attached is a .JPG and another .MSG. I want to save these attachments and generate a hash value from the file binary. Usually not a problem, but I have encountered some strange behavior when saving attached MSGs. No matter how many times I save the .JPG file, the resulting file's binary is always the same, which is great. However when I save the .MSG file the binary is slightly different every time. Is there a way through outlook, outlook API, or any other means, to save an attached MSG as the same binary file that it was whe...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

Chart Data Changes Data Type
Using Excel 2007, I have a line chart in Workbook A that is built from data in Workbook B. The X axis contains dates. When viewing the chart in Workbook A the dates a properly formatted when I have Workbook B open. However, when I close Workbook B the dates change to numbers. When I open Workbook B the numbers change back to dates. How can I keep the dates in Workbook A to stay in date format? Thank you. AJ ...

MS Excel 2000 Cell Capacity and Data Display
I'm working with a large Excel 2000 spreadsheet in which most of the cell entries are text. Some text cell entries exceed 300 words. I'm using the wrap text and row/column autosizing features. All of the text displays correctly when I'm in the cell or in the formula box. When I move to anyother cell, however, the text in the cells is cropped. How do I get all of the text to display and print properly? Thanks. If you add alt-enters every 80-100 characters, you can see lots of characters. You may have to manually adjust the rowheight, though. RCM-IEWTD wrote: > &g...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Style 401: Request Data Upload
after upgrading RMS 1.3 to RMS Dynamics 2.0 ... I'm facing a seriouse issue in processing work sheets ... all my sheet are processing properly but once it comse into Sheet 401: Request Data Upload, it being stuck after a while and gives me this error: "the connection is aborted du to timeout" I have tried many things to make the timeout longer but without any benefits please anybody could help me in resolving this? dose rms 2.0 sp2 would help or still the same? althoough i'm using a very fast connection .... There were some discussions a while back about this problem. ...

Changing the window size of a CFileDialog-derived class
I have a CFileDialog-derived class that sizes itself when displayed. My problem is that if I open a normal CFileDialog afterward in the same application, that normal CFileDialog has the same enlarged dimensions as my derived class. My hack is to override the CFileDialog::OnFileNameOK() function and reset my derived CFileDialog back to the original dimensions before the dialog is destroyed. Maybe there's a more elegant way, but this seemed the only way I could get it to work, that is when I display another "normal" CFileDialog later in the same app, the dialog dimensions are back...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

Migrating Quickbooks data to Great Plains
Hi, I am trying to migrate checks written in quickbooks to great plains. I need the checks to show as transactinos and also to hit the payables modules in great plains. Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to do this? Is econnect the way to go? Any help or suggestions would be great. Integration Manager is a good tool for importing data into Great Plains. If Quickbooks has a good export facility you can export the check information to a csv or Excel file and then do the import. I would recommend importing the cheques into some payables management batches. When you post these batches ...

Changing Autocorrect Language
I recently began using Office 2003, and am having trouble getting the Autocorrect language to work consistently in Publisher for text that is English (Canada). Note that in all other Office programs, the Autocorrect language used for Canadian English is English (U.K.). However, when I open a document in Publisher, the Autocorrect Options come up in English (U.S.). But…if I select any text that is formatted as English (U.K.), Publisher then begins autocorrecting Canadian English using English (U.K.). This only applies to the Autocorrect Options, not the spell check, as there is a sepa...

Question about graphing four sets of data
So i have four columns of data. The first column contains just names. I want the names to appear as the x-axis. The second column is slowest time, the third is fastest time (in min) that each name ran. Time in minutes will be on the y-axis. Up to now, it's pretty straight forward. Just make a bar chart with the name data and time data and there you go (two bars for each name). But I also have this fourth column of data which is "Number of attempted tries" or simply sample size. I want to place the sample size as a number on top of the bars. Any ideas? -- RawlinsCross...

Maintaining cell reference after sorting
Is there a way to maintain a cell reference after sorting a table? I want to identify the row number of a specific cell after sorting. I have tried using "Insert>Name" with both absolute and relative addresses. Neither one gives me what I need. I am literate in VB if I need to write a macro. Thanks in advance. perhaps I have not understood the question. you name a range by siimply highlight the range and click the arrow to the left of the sign <=> in the formula bar and type a name and hit <enter>. the range is named. if you sort the range, the name rema...

how to have vlookup w/ optional data entry
Is it possible to have a formual in a cell in excel vba that is =IF(D22="","",VLOOKUP(D22,$N$1:$Q$1459,IF($L$1="trad sale",3,4),FALSE)) but have some sort of code set up in vb to reimplement the formula i the cell if the user needs to input data manually into that cell. I a hoping to be able to have the formula do its thing when needed, and the if they need to over-ride a price they type it into that formula cell. Then once they save the sheet, close it and re-open it, the formul will get put back into that cell to be used as a vlookup again. Am day dreaming...

Outlook 6 change passcode
recently changed my passcode with my ISP, but after changing the passcode under accounts, etc. outlook will not download from the net. Is there another place in the computer to change my passcode. I do not want to reset my outlook and loose all my messages. Anybody out there who know how to fix this? HELP THANKS "Deanna Palma" <virgo_1962@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01fd01c3b2ba$ad06a1a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > recently changed my passcode with my ISP, but after > changing the passcode under accounts, etc. outlook will > not download from the net. Is t...

Excel document properties insert into a cell
I would like to find a way to insert the data that is stored on the "Properties" page of an excel document into the cell. In work and Visio I can do it easily but I can't figure out how to do it in Excel. I know, it's probably simple, but I just can't think that simple right now... thanks mark Mark, You will need a UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell suc...

Changing Mouse-Over Description
We have a user requesting when they hover over an activity that it display the Subject and at least part of the Description. I don't know of a way to change the mouseover text. When I mouse-over for an activity, it just displays the full text of whatever you're over. So if you're over the description, it displays the description text. Any Ideas? Maybe this helps: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/17/using-the-attachevent-method-to-show-users-context-sensitive-help.aspx -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://ww...

This checkbook is being reconciled by another user
User session was terminated while selecting items for reconciliation (while going into the reconciliation window). No other users are in the company, but cannot get past this "error" message. Anyone know a fix or workaround? Tried logging in as 'sa' and the user without success. The Clear Activity button for bank management doesn't clear the CBEU1020 table. Remove the entry from this table and you'll be able to get into your recon again cpa-mcse.net wrote: This checkbook is being reconciled by another user 24-Mar-10 User session was termi...