can't see my command buttons anymore?

I had wrote some VBA routines that ran by clicking a command button.
Everything was fine until recently.  Now when I open the spreadsheets,
I cannot see the buttons.  The buttons are still there and if I click
on the edges they will still work?  What happened?  I have tried
everything I can think of to be able to see them again.

I have actually reinstalled excel (2003) but they don't work.  This is
very strange.  Any ideas?

Rob

0
rhzehr (2)

Did you delete some rows/columns where they were?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"rhzehr" <rhzehr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had wrote some VBA routines that ran by clicking a command button.
> Everything was fine until recently.  Now when I open the spreadsheets,
> I cannot see the buttons.  The buttons are still there and if I click
> on the edges they will still work?  What happened?  I have tried
> everything I can think of to be able to see them again.
>
> I have actually reinstalled excel (2003) but they don't work.  This is
> very strange.  Any ideas?
>
> Rob

0
Don

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

How to display bitmap on Button.
Hello, I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons and respective action is taken. But Now i want to display bitmap on that respective button. So how to display bitmap on that button. Help me. Try this: void CMyDlg::SetBitmap(UINT nIDResource) { CBitmap bmp; bmp.LoadBitmap(nIDResource); m_btnMyButton.SetBitmap(HBITMAP(bmp)); } Call the function with the ID of your bitmaps, eg. SetBitmap(IDB_THE_BITMAP); HTH, Guido atul wrote: > Hello, > I am using normal Dialog-Base Application.On that Dialog i have placed 3-Buttons > and respectiv...

button Color
How to change color of button control on a dialog. >How to change color of button control on a dialog. Not easy. You have to make it owner drawn and do it all yourself. Have a look on sites such as codeproject and codeguru, there are bound to be examples there. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq You will need to make the button control (CButton) owner draw. There are lots of useful examples showing how to do just that at codeguru. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com This class has ton's of options for buttons: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/cbuttonst.a...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

"There was a problem sending the command to the program."
Hi Windows 2007 When I first logon and try to open a file by double-clicking it, the program (e.g Word or Excel) opens and gives a message "There was a problem sending the command to the program". Until I shut down again, double-clicking files works fine. I suspect this is Explorer-related. Does anyone know a fix? -- Steve Hi, Steve. > Windows 2007 There is no such operating system or program. According to the headers on your message, you are using: X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 12.0.1606 But that doesn't tell us if you are using ...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Where did the buttons come from?
I just created a dialog based mfc application. Two buttons appear on the application when it is run Ok and Cancel. They are not there when I edit the dialog in the resource editor. Yet when I run the application, there they are. How do I get rid of them? I just had that problem, only I wanted the controls to show up. Open the .rc file in a text editor. Scroll down to the IDD_YOURDIALOG. Find the control, button, etc and delete it. There are a couple other places in your code you should be aware of. 1. The Dialog .h file contains an afx_msg void Onbnclickedsomebutton() 2. The Dialog .cpp f...

Submit Button Script
I am having issues with the submit button on my Publisher 2003 form. When I ftp my pub files, after setting the form properties to send the results to my email addy, I get an error 404 page cannot be found. Here is the script it is displaying when I open the edit page function with FP 2003: <form action=--WEBBOT-SELF-- method=POST> <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" s-email-address="info@bohemianhouseproductions.net" s-email-format="TEXT/PRE" b-email-label-fields="TRUE" s-email-Subject="Web Site Form Response" s-builtin-fields...

Outlook 2000
When I click on the Customize Outlook Today button nothing happens. It should open up a configuration window. I've got exactly the same problem and I'm stumped. I've been through the knowledge base and found nothing. I hope someone knows the fix. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on the Customize Outlook Today button nothing >happens. It should open up a configuration window. >. > OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;8205...

Simple DDX_Text with edit box and spin button falls over
I've run across something I've never encountered before, though I've used spin buttons many times in the past. I've reduced it to a bare minimum program as follows. -Create an MFC dialog app -Add two edit boxes and two spin buttons, one for each box (in the correct order) -Add integer variables to each edit box -Set the spin buttons to autobuddy the edit boxes and to setbuddyint -Create OnChangeEdit() methods for each edit box -Inside the methods, call UpdateData( false ) to read the edit box integers On the generated call to DDX_Text for the second edit box ( DDX_Text(pDX, ...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Why is my trace dependents button inactive?
I got a new computer and while I was setting up Excel I must have done something that inactivated the trace buttons on the formula auditing toolbar. It still allows me to use the relatively useless error checking features, but the buttons that I need are gray and inactive. Not sure what you could have done, but the first thing I would try is: Tools>Customize - Toolbars, click the _name_ of the Reviewing Toolbar, then click Reset. OK out, Close the dialog box & see what happens. HTH |:>) "willcoxjp" wrote: > I got a new computer and while I was setting up Excel ...

My NEWS command disappear from the add in menu
I was trying to add NEWS to my GO menu and the command seems to have disappeared from the customize add in menus. Can any body help me find it? Himself himself <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was trying to add NEWS to my GO menu and the command > seems to have disappeared from the customize add in > menus. Can any body help me find it? FAQ. Google would have given you the answer in about the same time it took you to ask it. In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs, select Outlook Express from the Newsgroups drop-down. If Outlook Express ask...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

MATCH command does not work with dates
Hi, I have 2 excel worksheets assuming "sheet1" and "sheet2". example: Sheet1: user date1 date2 date3 date4 date5...dateN AA BB CC Sheet2: user data date1 date2 date3 date4 date5 dateN AA total 100 102............................................. AA mean 30 32.............................................. AA Average 31 35................................................ CC total........................................................................ CC mean..................................................

End of Page command
Is it possible in Excel to stop it from sending an End of Page command I am trying to send single lines of data to an out of room printer and not have the printer start a new page with each line? Does anyone know how I could accomplish that Thanks I don't know how to stop it, but maybe you could accumulate the data into a worksheet and then print that. Or write to a .txt file and then print the .txt file when you're done. wvut51 wrote: > > Is it possible in Excel to stop it from sending an End of Page command? > I am trying to send single lines of data to an out of room...

print button greyed
print button greyed in OE on the menu bar. How do enable it? Mike Triber <mrt@thecomputerlink.com> wrote: > print button greyed in OE on the menu bar. How do enable > it? No need to ask more than once, but there is a need to ask in the correct newsgroup and this isn't it. -- Brian Tillman ...

How to assign a macro to a toolbar button?
Hi, I have recorded a macro in Visio 2003. I would like to assign it to a new button on a new toolbar (or even an existing toolbar). I can't find a way to do this. I used to make these macro buttons in Excel and Word but I think the procedure has been changed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in avance. AJZ ...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

Running Vista business. Mail merge command is missing.
The Mail Merge command is missing from my Tools drop down in Outlook 2007. I have tried to reste all the Toolbars but did not help. Do you have Outlook installed as part of an Office suite? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?
I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my document, on the left hand side. Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BF758E-FB7F-4BC6-ACD1-250043456C8F@microsoft.com... >I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within m...