calculating row by row

I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated
numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time.
I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I
would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then
when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and
place it in the total and so on to the 5th column.  Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you.  This
is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2
=SUM(A2:E2)
That formula will "fill" down the sheet automatically adjusting to total the
values in columns A through E on each row.  See Excel Help for Fill Data for
information on filling formulas and data on a worksheet if you need help with
that part of it.

"DARKMAN" wrote:

> I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated
> numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time.
> I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I
> would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then
> when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and
> place it in the total and so on to the 5th column.  Is this possible?
>
> Many thanks.

Code To Insert Blank Rows
I have a file with a listing of entries, and in column B of all the entries, are unique names. I need to create the code to reference the listing, which at times will be 200 entries and other times 1000 entries, and evaluate the data in column B, to then insert 2 blank rows every time a different name appears. For instance Initially column B has (Row 1) Pears (2) Pears (3) Pears (4) Apples (5) Grapes (6) Grapes After the desired code, the results would be.. (Row 1) Pears (2) Pears (3) Pears (4) Blank Row (5) Blank Row (6) Apples (7) Blank Row (8) Blank Row (9) Grap...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Removing blank rows #7
I noted a post in January where someone wanted to insert blank rows in every other row of a worksheet I've got the reverse issue. A database created from a text input has a blank row from the original double-spacing - but not every second row. How do I remove blank rows in 50,000 lines of data? I don't know whether he blank rows carry some baggage from the conversion - was a copy out of a text file with space-separated values and double CR between lines (rows). This is for someone wanting a semiconductor data list that can eventually be sorted by column values. Will work as is, bu...

How can I increse the number of rows?
Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. Thanks. Use quattro pro. -- Gary''s Student "Miguel Arenas" wrote: > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. No. Sorry. Use multiple worksheets. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Miguel Arenas" <MiguelArenas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FED374-C997-45B6-BA4B-FF854194264C@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. Then you need to use more sheets, or consider another application...

__dopostback only does what I want after row 8
I want my datagrid rows to be clickable, so that a button column is fired when my user clicks anywhere on a row. Using Google, I figured out how to do it, but it only works after row 8. From row 9 on, the next page opens properly, but clicking rows 1 through 8 does nothing - the dopostback fires, but the page does not change. If I remove this code, the button column works fine. This sub seems to be disabling rows 1-8 for some reason. Here's my sub: Protected Sub DataGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) e.Item.A...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Row and Column Header
Excel 2000 I eliminated my row and column headers. How do I get them back? Thanks PJ Go to the Tools menu, choose Options then the View tab. There, check the "Row and column headers" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "PJ Usher" <pjusher@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23U8611qPFHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Excel 2000 > > I eliminated my row and column headers. How do I get them > back? Thanks > > PJ > > That's it!!! Thanks "Chip P...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

macro to pick last row in a range
i need help on this do we have a macro which finds the last row in a range and picks up th last row and insert it below first row of the range thank u al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this Sub moveit() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row Rows(x).Cut Rows("2:2").Insert shift:=xlDown End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "vikram >" <<vikram.166y5g@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.166y5g@excelforum-nospam.com... > i need help on this > > do we have a macro which finds the...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

row height issue
I insert a row height of 15.75 and excel changes it to 15.60 automatically on my new machine. I need to be able to create the 15.75 row height but cannot. I have the latest version of Excel 2007 on my new machine. I can create the 15.75 height on my other machine with a fairly recent version of Excel 2007. Any reason why I cannot create the 15.75 height on my new machine? Different Printer drivers? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:08:01 -0700, Mike SoCal <Mike SoCal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I insert a row height of 15.75 and excel ch...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Totals For An Inside Row Field In a Pivot Table

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...