Calculating Employee hours for the current week

Hello,

I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file
that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on
different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet
that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on
the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there
any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the
hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects?

Thanks in advance.
0
benkirkby (3)

Hi,

Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172771033.aspx?av=ZXL000

These should be able to start you off

Alan

Alan
8/19/2009 7:35:13 AM
On Aug 19, 12:35=A0am, "Alan McQuaid via OfficeKB.com" <u23024@uwe>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft athttp://office.mic=
rosoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172771033.aspx?av=3DZX...

> These should be able to start you off
>
> Alan

Thanks Alan,

Those were all nice but I could not find one that had a good formula
for dynamically collecting info for the current week only. I have a
total of 7 projects and 7 employees. What i want to do is track the
total number of hours spent by all the employees on each one of the
individual projects for the current week (1-52). Any ideas how I can
tell excel which week is the current one, then get the info from each
employee for that week only? Thanks in advance!

Ben
0
benkirkby (3)
8/19/2009 7:51:19 PM
I think I figured this out.

The formula is:

=INDEX(D10:BD10,1,WEEKNUM(NOW())+1)
0
benkirkby (3)

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Keeping Track of Vacation/Personal Hours Used
What do you recommend is the best way to keep a running log of vacation and personal time used in Outllook 2002? I would like to automate as much as possible. Would I use Calender or Tasks? Thanks Your best bet is to use an application designed for time-tracking. Outlook is not designed for this specific task. You can use the Journal to tally your time spent on tasks, but I would have no idea how you would track your vacation, since that time is spent out of the office, presumably. Try google.com for time tracking applications, as there are several good ones out there that are d...

Calculated field options???

How to add formulas together, hours & minutes function.
Hi Group, Please could you give me an all singing, all dancing formula, or an explanation of how to put these together. A1 B1 23:00 07:30 =IF(B1<A1,B1+1,B1)-A1 This gives me the hours and minutes 8:30 in C1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) One hour needs to be added so... =C1+01:00 gives me 09:30 in D1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) Then I need it dislayed in decimal format =D1*24 which gives me 9.5 in E1(Format/General) It's not actually set out like that A1 B1 C1 D1, with the result I need in E1, but it makes it easier to explain. It's not urgent, as I already have the calculato...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

Enter Hours duration over 24
I thought if I formatted a cell as [h]:mm:ss, I would be able to enter = 57:00 into a cell but it changes it 02/01/1900 09:00:00 (whihc is I know 2 days and 9 hou= rs = from base date) It displays as 57:00:00 In fact I get exactly the same if I entere 57:00 into a general cell Obviusly 23:00 works fine, but there must be a way of storing a time = duration over 24 hours -- = Steve (3) On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:20:48 +0100, SteveW <sj_walton@nothotmail.com> = wrote: > I thought if I formatted a cell as [h]:mm:ss, I would be able to enter= = > 57:00 into a cell > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

terminating employees
Hello: I have noticed in GP HR that, when you use the Employee Termination window to formally terminate an employee, sometimes the Inactive box gets checked in the Employee Maintenance window and sometimes it does not. What criteria has to be met in order for the Employee Termination window to automatically check the Inactive checkbox in Employee Maintenance? Thanks! childofthe1980s I believe it is when the Termination Date is less than or equal to the current date. I think that is so you can terminate in the future and pay the person before he's terminated for good. -- Charles...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Inserting date calculations

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

I need help with a formula calculating time
I have a simple spreadsheet calculating the hours worked by a person, In the columns i have start time, end time and hours worked. The columns are formatted into hh:mm. The hours worked are calculated by subtracting end time from start time, based on 24hour clock. This works fine if the hours are worked on the same day, but if the person starts at 18:00 and finishes at 02:00 the subtraction doesnt work. If however i change the formatting of the cells to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm this will work as the date helps. But i feel this would be too much info to enter for each person if i have ov...

Perfoming calculations on answers from pervious calculations
Hi all I have a user who is trying to perform a simple divide to a number of data fields, however this data appears in the field due to a larger calculateion. When she tries to put in the devide she get the orriginal calculation in the cell rather than just the answer from it. I've been told its just a setting but i cant find it!!! Any ideas anyone?? Cheers -- Karl "i'll start being nicer when you start being smarter" Hi maybe 'Tools - Options - Calculation' and check 'Automatic calculation ' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Karl E...