Calc date one year from today

Im trying to calculate a date range that will monitor
warranty (364 days) from date of purchase order ??

Thanks for the help
Ken
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Ken!

Use:

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-1)

It will even cover the difference between Leap Years and non-Leap
years which your 364 has a problem with.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to calculate a date range that will monitor
> warranty (364 days) from date of purchase order ??
>
> Thanks for the help
> Ken

0
njharker (1646)
2/18/2004 1:57:13 PM
Worked like a charm.

Thank you very much for your time

Ken

and Arguments)
>available free to good homes.
>"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Im trying to calculate a date range that will monitor
>> warranty (364 days) from date of purchase order ??
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>> Ken
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)
2/18/2004 2:07:19 PM
I forgot one important part.  In the fourmula how would I
calculate for the following: 90 days, 180 days

    >=DATE(month(A1)+90
    >=DATE(month(A1)+180

Ken

0
anonymous (74717)
2/18/2004 2:16:50 PM
Hi
do you wanr 90 / 180 days or rather 3 / 6 months?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ken wrote:
> I forgot one important part.  In the fourmula how would I
> calculate for the following: 90 days, 180 days
>
>     >=DATE(month(A1)+90
>     >=DATE(month(A1)+180
>
> Ken

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/18/2004 2:23:24 PM
I think I have it
=DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+3,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 90
=DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+6,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 180

Ken

0
anonymous (74717)
2/18/2004 2:26:19 PM
Hi Ken!

Use:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+90)
and:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+180)

The day argument will carry forwards to the next month if it exceeds
the number of days in the month in A1.

And here, from my collection of items of rare errors:

"The limit to the Days is set at 32760 but if you exceed that number
you get the date plus 32760 days with no warning that you've exceeded
the limit. Not likely to arise much but still not desirable that you
should get the wrong answer." With months the limit is 32764 but you
get #NUM! if you exceed it.
--
> I forgot one important part.  In the fourmula how would I
> calculate for the following: 90 days, 180 days
>
>     >=DATE(month(A1)+90
>     >=DATE(month(A1)+180
>
> Ken

0
njharker (1646)
2/18/2004 2:27:20 PM
Hi
though this will work in most cases you'll get into problems if I2 is
the end of a month. e.g. 08/31/2004 + 3 months would result in
11/31/2004 -> 12/01/2004

A better formula for theses cases would be
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+added_months,MIN(DAY(A1),DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MON
TH(A1)+added_months+1,0))))
where A1 stores your date and added_months is the added month value

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I think I have it
> =DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+3,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 90
> =DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+6,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 180
>
> Ken

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/18/2004 2:32:26 PM
Hi!

These are not correct. Unfortunately 3 and 6 month periods have
different numbers of days in them

--
> I think I have it
> =DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+3,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 90
> =DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+6,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 180
>
> Ken

0
njharker (1646)
2/18/2004 2:35:28 PM
Hi Frank!

Re: Adding (or subtracting) months.

A minor nuance but which can solve a major problem of copying down or
across:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+added_months,MIN(DAY($A$1),DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),
MONTH(A1)+added_months+1,0))))

If you make the base month's day absolute reference you can then copy
down or across

Alternative for adding months is:

=EDATE($A$1,(ROW(A2)-ROW($A$1))*AddMons)   '[Adds number specified in
named cell AddMons]

If our requirement is for dates to be across the page, then substitute
ROW by COLUMN. In most cases I would not use $A$1 but would use a
named cell e.g. "BaseDate" and A2 would be replaced by the address of
the cell adjacent to "BaseDate" and is the second in the series of
dates.

Or there's an approach used by Peter Dorigo:
=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+ AddMons +{1,0},DAY($A$1)*{0,1}))

--
> Hi
> though this will work in most cases you'll get into problems if I2
is
> the end of a month. e.g. 08/31/2004 + 3 months would result in
> 11/31/2004 -> 12/01/2004
>
> A better formula for theses cases would be

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+added_months,MIN(DAY(A1),DAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MO
> TH(A1)+added_months+1,0))))
> where A1 stores your date and added_months is the added month value
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
> > I think I have it
> > =DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+3,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 90
> > =DATE(YEAR(I2),MONTH(I2)+6,DAY(I2)-1) This would = 180
> >
> > Ken

0
njharker (1646)
2/18/2004 2:45:27 PM
OK,  I see where I was put 90 months.  This is now
working.

Thanks

0
anonymous (74717)

CONVERT TIME & TRIM DATE
I need help converting time to an AM/PM time format our database displays time in 4 digits : 0006, 0737, 1217, 2149. I am finding that 0006 is 12:06 AM and 1217 is 12:17 PM, etc. The date displays: 2007-03-09 00:00:00.000, how do I have it display the date as 03-09-2007? Thanks. Specify the display format of the control or field: mm-dd-yyyy RENEE705 wrote: >I need help converting time to an AM/PM time format >our database displays time in 4 digits : 0006, 0737, 1217, 2149. I am >finding that 0006 is 12:06 AM and 1217 is 12:17 PM, etc. >The date displays: 2007-03-09 00:00:00.0...

Multiple dates need to obide by
Here is the problem I know when I am going to start the task and the last day the task can be finished by. My question is I have three other dates that need to be added in between the start and finish date. These three dates check on the task and make sure everything is going alright. Should I just add in three more start dates as start date1, start date2, and start date3 or is there a better way to go about doing this. Also for each task, I have alot of information where I had to add more text columns and it is getting pretty messy to look at. Is there a way to be able to m...

Voiding an AP transaction in one step
If a vendor bill has already been paid and now needs to be voided, it takes two void steps. One for the check and one for the open payable. One of my customers mentioned it would be convenient to be able to void both the check and the payable at one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

if statement with dates
I would like to hae a statement like: IF(A1>0,1/1/2004) interpreting 1/1/2004 as a date. EXCEL is doing the arithmetic and giving me the result of the division. I could figure the numeric date and do something like: IF (A1>0,37987) but that seems rather awkward. What else can I do. TIA Sanford Hi =IF(A1>DATE(2004,1,1),.... -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" <Sanford Lefkowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AA55C47A-5BF1-45A5-A6FB-D12E818AE4A9@microsoft.com... > I would like to hae a statement like: > IF(...

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

how to convert date

Increase a date by 1 month
Hello, I have a date in in one cell, eg 22/04/08 and I want the next cells to be one month higher, ie 22/05/08 , 22/06/08 etc etc. The number of days in a month varies so I cant just add 30. Can anyone help & advise please Thanks KK =DATE(YEAR(I1),MONTH(I1)+1,DAY(I1)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:u98STsetJHA.5652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a date in in one cell, eg 22/04/08 and I want the next cells to be > one mon...

problem in acessing date
I am implementing a database.I am able to get string value and integer values.But i have no idea how to get date out of a database.I am using MS ACESS.Can you help ..Please.... Jeevan Use a CTime object. If you derive a class from CRecordset, the ClassWizard will do this for you. "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:ek9T3WucEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am implementing a database.I am able to get string value and integer > values.But i have no idea how to get date out of a database.I am using MS > ACESS.Can you help ..Please.... > >...

Column calcs & Row calcs
I have a row calc doing B/C and the column doing B-C. I want the column formula to win but the row calculation is being performed. In Report options -> Advanced tab my Calculation priority is set to Calculate Columns first. What am I doing wrong? ...

Distinguish one e-mail account from another.
This is merely a matter of appearance... I am running Outlook 2003 -I have two e-mail accounts in my Outlook - one for business and one personal. Is there a way to make one a different font, or background on one a different color, so as to distinguish one account from the other quickly? Right now both are the typical Microsoft Blue border and sometimes it is confusing as to which I have open unless I look at the title panel....thanks. "LisaW" <LisaW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74A95226-D60A-4D13-A514-2B7963C61AE2@microsoft.com... > This is merel...

Display billing month based on start date and end date
i have 3 textbox in a form with date type as date. 1- StartDate (bound to table) 2- EndDate (bound to table) 3- BillingMonth (unbound) i want to display billing month based on start and end date according to criteria that if startdate is 1/1/09 (format dd/mm/yy) and enddate is 28/1/09 (format dd/mm/yy) , billingmonth should display [Jan-2009] if startdate is 25/11/08 (format dd/mm/yy) and enddate is 28/1/09 (format dd/mm/yy) , billingmonth should display [Dec-2008 to Jan-2009] i have not much vb knowledge but tried the following code as control source of billingmonth and as...

Project Accounting
Hi, When I run the Cycle Biller, it is automatically computing a state sales tax amount. The project budget for all cost categories are set as non-taxable. Where is the tax schedule defaulting from? Thanks. I believe it is default setup from the customer record under "Ship to" and depends on what sales tax id you have set-up at that screen. "Glen" wrote: > Hi, > > When I run the Cycle Biller, it is automatically computing a state sales tax > amount. > The project budget for all cost categories are set as non-taxable. > > Where is the t...

How to use 'Custom' Format for Numbers, Dates and Text?
Hi Friends, What is 'Custom Format' ?: Microsoft Office Excel provides many built-in number formats, but in some cases they do not meet our needs, we can customize a built-in number format to create our own. Why 'Custom Format' and not 'Conditional Formatting'?: because to cure 'Common Cold' we go to doctors not surgeons. Exactly, when there is a simple and robust way then why to go otherwise. There are many benefits of using custom format including these: 1. Less overhead than Conditional Formatting. 2. Values can be used easily in formulas (Less manipulation...

Highlighting just one record in an unbound form
Long time user of Access, First time programming it. I have an unbound form that takes employee ID's and work order job information. When they arrive on the job they call in and I run an app to enter the timestamp of when they arrived. I may have a list of employees with jobs. My question is how do I or can I highlight (Bold) the records that I have already timestamped? I have be trying to use FontWidth but I keep getting all or nothing Bolded. I tried to look at the Arrived field and if it has no value yet to regular text. If it has a value then Bold. Any suggestions?? Th...

REPOST: Date format pre-1900.
Hi, I have a table of immigration ships that have arrived in Australian shores. Some....okay most.....of the ships arrived before 1900. I was trying to sort by the arrival date, which is in the format of DD MMM YYYY, but that didn't work, as there were some 1900 dates. Tried to re-style the column to DD/MM/YYYY, but the pre-1900 dates don't change to the new style. Any suggestions on how to utilise the pre-1900 dates, so that Excel can recognise them. Cheers in advance. Craig. P.S. Originally sent on the 15/02/2005 - not sure if someone knowledgable missed it in the other 1000s o...

Calc
Is there a way to stop a workbook from calculating in mid stream? I have some large workbooks that often get stuck when I move or copy a worksheet within or into the file. Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Calculate' and set the calculation mode to manual -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Is there a way to stop a workbook from calculating in mid > stream? I have some large workbooks that often get stuck > when I move or copy a worksheet within or into the file. ...

pay check date for actual spending vs. budget
I am using Money Plus and use essential budget and the "essential" features for everything else, save for my main, checking account for which I use advanced register. I auto download all my account info from my institutions. My question is that I am payed once per month on the last business day of the month. My account info downloads to my registers fine, but since my main income (paycheck) is paid at the end of the month, it doesn't register as income for the current month (e.g., I was paid 12/31 and use that income for all of my expenses for January). However, as a resul...

There is no way to view multiple sheets from one workbook
It would be nice if there was the ability to view multiple sheets from the same workbook. Currenlty, you are forced to work on each sheet individually, but often I'd like to be working on Sheet 1 while viewing Sheet 2 - of the same workbook (as an example). A Work Around? Yes, I have one: create a new worksheet, copy the sheet you'd like to view into this new worksheet. You can create new windows (Window > New Window) and then arrange them (Window > Arrange) so you can view multiple sheets of the same wb simultaneously. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message...

adding one same data to each of four other data points in column c
My chart has four seperate options, I am wanting to add one same data to each of the four options to have a total amount, including the one like data, to each of the four options. I want this chart to be a column chart. ...

Change date format in several worksheets
I have about 50 worksheets in a workbook and would like to change the date format in all. Is there a way to change all at once or must it be done worksheet by worksheet? Select first worksheet. Right-click on the tab and "select all sheets" to group them. Select data range in activesheet. CRTL + A(twice in XL 2003) will select all cells. Make your Format changes. What is done to one sheet will be done to all. DO NOT FORGET! to right-click on any tab and "ungroup" before making any other changes unless you want to change all sheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat...

Excel and Dates
Is there a formula which will tell me what day of the week a certain fell on? <Format><Cells> Go to the "Number" tab Click on "Custom" Enter "dddd" (without the quotes) -- Regards, Dave "Cindy Smith" wrote: > Is there a formula which will tell me what day of the week a certain fell on? =WEEKDAY(A1) outputs the day number (1-7) of the week. If you need the name of the day (Sun-Sat), then use a custom number format of dddd or, use this formula and format as general =TEXT(WEEKDAY(A1),"dddd") "Cindy Smith" wro...

Outlook locks up when opening one of my e-mail accounts
Outlook locks up when I open one of my e-mail accounts. The rest of them work fine. I tried deleting the account and adding it again and got the same thing. Thanks, Stoney ...

transform text dates into Excel dates
Hell I currently have a spreadsheet with hundreds of entries wheremany of the date entries were done textually ("21 Nov. 2002" But I need them to be date format Excel won't let me change the format/ won't recognize the text entries as a valid date entry. How can I convert these entries so the Excel will permit me to change the format and recognize the entries as valid dates? Thank yo Daniel Try doing data - text to columns to separate the day, month and year. Then concatenate the values in order with a "/" in between so that it'll be a valid entry. Daniel...

Date Time Picker - Newbie
Hi All, In a Dialog Based project I am using the following code to get a day , month & year values from the DATETIMEPICKER in VC 6. The Control variable name is m_ctrlGetdate and was added through the Wizard. COleDateTime Date; m_ctrlGetdate.GetTime(Date); int PickDay =Date.ctrlGetdate(); int PickMonth = Date.ctrlGetdate(); int PickYear = Date.ctrlGetdate(); CString PickDate; PickDate.Format(" %d / %d / %d",PickDay ,PickMonth ,PickYear ); AfxMessageBox(PickDate); This works perfectly on my Main Dialog (and any other project I have use...

two sheets in one printout
i am using a two sheet work book. i usually take the printout one b one in the same sheet, now my question : is it possible to take prin out both the sheet at one time. one sheet is in horizontal another on is vertical. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one simple soluution: Record a macro while you printout both sheets manually step by step. afterwards use this macro to printout both sheets at once -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i am using a two sheet work book. i usually take the printout one by > one in the same sheet, now my question : i...