Box With REPLY appended To A Cell: What Is It ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

While playing with a spreadsheet, I see that a small "tag" box with REPLY in
it is now
appended to a cell.

Have no ide of what it means, or how it got there.

What is it, please ?

How do I get rid of it ?

Thanks,
Bob

0
rgsros1 (38)

Can you upload a screenshot to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link
here?

"Robert11" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using Excel 2007.
>
> While playing with a spreadsheet, I see that a small "tag" box with REPLY in
> it is now
> appended to a cell.
>
> Have no ide of what it means, or how it got there.
>
> What is it, please ?
>
> How do I get rid of it ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Hi,

Will try and learn how to use WikiSend.

I did try to send it as an HTML with the screenshot embedded in the msg.,
but my OE wouldn't let me send it.

Thanks for help.

Bob
-------------------
"Sheeloo" <Click above to get my email id> wrote in message
> Can you upload a screenshot to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link
> here?
>
> "Robert11" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Using Excel 2007.
>>
>> While playing with a spreadsheet, I see that a small "tag" box with REPLY
>> in
>> it is now
>> appended to a cell.
>>
>> Have no ide of what it means, or how it got there.
>>
>> What is it, please ?
>>
>> How do I get rid of it ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob

0
rgsros1 (38)
3/9/2009 8:08:39 PM
Wikisend is really simple
Save the image to any file... or you can use the Excel file itself

Click on Upload tab at wikisend
Browse to the file and upload
Copy and paste the link provide

"Robert11" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Will try and learn how to use WikiSend.
>
> I did try to send it as an HTML with the screenshot embedded in the msg.,
> but my OE wouldn't let me send it.
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> Bob
> -------------------
> "Sheeloo" <Click above to get my email id> wrote in message
> > Can you upload a screenshot to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link
> > here?
> >
> > "Robert11" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Using Excel 2007.
> >>
> >> While playing with a spreadsheet, I see that a small "tag" box with REPLY
> >> in
> >> it is now
> >> appended to a cell.
> >>
> >> Have no ide of what it means, or how it got there.
> >>
> >> What is it, please ?
> >>
> >> How do I get rid of it ?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Bob

Finding (RETURN) in a String within a cell
I have a cell with several (RETURNS) in the cell. How can I use the FIND function to find the position of the RETURN? I do not know how I can enter the string value of RETURN in this function or should I be using something else. ie. Chr(13)??? Thank you in advance, Mike Hi Mike, =FIND(CHAR(13),A1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Michael Kintner" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:11v6ikuiq7oj76@corp.supernews.com... >I have a cell with several (RETURNS) in the cell. How can I use the FIND >function to find the position of the RETURN? > > I do...

Lists Box
I have a form with fields; ID, DATE and QUANTITY. The Date andQuantity Field I've changed into a List Box showing the two columnsrespectively and the ID field is left as a normal text box. When Iclick on any item in the list box the ID change change according towhich ever entry I have selected. Unfortunetly ID field staysconstant!!Any suggestionsThanks Hi, Asif,did you include the ID field in the ListBox?The easiest solution:1) Add the ID field to the RowSource.2) Point the BoundColumn to the ID field.3) Set the ID field column width to 0.HTHVlado"Asif" <asifhashmani@hotmail.c...

In-Box
My in-box label in left rail shows 4 messages, however they do not download, while at the same time other new messages download. Has Outlook forgotten how to count? You probably have a filter applied to your view so that some messages are not shown. Verify that your view is set to the Messages view via the View-> Current View menu If that doesn't work either, use Customize Current View from the same menu and use the Reset Current View button. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, H...

Filling in a cell based on another cells date criteria
I want to populate a cell with the value of another cell..based on the following date criteria - My date cell is stored in (F5) and the cell I want to populate (D20) has a value stored in (C20) If the first of the month is a Mon-FRI then the cell (D20) gets populated on the date in the week which the first of the month falls on...example: if 8/1/08 were a wed the field (D20) would get populated with the value in cell (C20) UNLESS If the first of the month were a Sat..like 11/1/08... if the first of the month falls on a saturday on a sat...then the field (D20) would get populated with (C20&#...

How can I display a value from a spreadsheet cell in a column in a document library?
I want to store expence sheets in a document library and be able to view the total on each spreadsheet document in a column in the document library. Does anyone know how to do this? Regards Roger Eriksen The suggestions in the following Sharepoint newsgroup thread may help you: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=%23dKZiKyVFHA.928%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl Roger Eriksen wrote: > I want to store expence sheets in a document library and be able to view the > total on each spreadsheet document in a column in the document library. > Does anyone know how to do this? > &...

Combo Box Result
Hi all, I have two unbound combo boxes (c1 and c2) that based on the value of c1, will determine what shows for c2. By selecting c1, it will correctly limit to what c2 shows, but when I select the option for c2, it is not choosing the correct value. The result set for c2 is based off a table, that has the following format: ISID ISD ITID 1 red 1 2 blue 1 3 green 1 4 red 2 5 blue 2 6 green 2 c1 will select the ITID, which then limits what I see in c2 to the correct set (I even brought in the ISID column to make sure the numbers ...

Message box with Combo box function
Is it possible to create a combo box within a message box i.e. whenthe user clicks on preview report a message box appears and says"which report do you want to open?" and a combo box displays thedifferent reports available with the user clicks, upon clicking therelevant report opensThanks * Asif wrote:> Is it possible to create a combo box within a message box i.e. when> the user clicks on preview report a message box appears and says> "which report do you want to open?" and a combo box displays the> different reports available with the user clicks, upon clickin...

Formatting a cell with a concatenated formula
Sorry for the double post but I'm not sure which is the best forum fo this question so I've posted it in 2 different ones. I have a concatenated formula that pulls text from 2 different cells The 2 cells are formatted differently (i.e. 1 cell has blue text an the other cell has red text and a different font) and I want to kee these formats. However, the cell with the concatenated formula take the format of that cell. Is there anyway to do this -- andy281 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andy2812's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Can I add a text stop to a cell?
Is there anyway to place a text stop in a cell, so that text will no continue past the end of the cell? Text wrap isn't really what I' looking for, as I would like the cell to maintain its size. Also, a this cell is used for text, variations in the size of characters make limiting the number of characters in the cell not really work either. Any suggestions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com PD, Try putting an almost hidden column (very narrow) to the immediate right of the column. Put something in the cells, like a single space character. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl...

combo box query
Hi, I have a combo box that includes a drop down box when selected. Can this be in any way altered so you can scroll down the box ? at the moment, i have to select the box with my mouse, then browse through the contents using either my up / down buttons or the little down arrows. It would be so much easier to scroll up & down. When i select the combobox, presently it scrolls excel and not the box. And help appreciated. Nige ...

treating pictures as cell contents
I'd like an excel spreadsheet to have some columns whose contents are pictures. Then I'd like to do a mail merge in Word, using data from the spreadsheet, and when I have a merge field for each of the columns that have pictures, I'd like the pictures to appear in the merged document, just like the data fields appear. Excel doesn't seem to consider the cells with the pictures as containing any data. Is there a way to have those pictures identified as cell data? +*+ Thanks, Wendy No, pictures always exist on the drawing layer "above" the cell grid. You could ...

Edit Box Display Control
I have a dialog-based app, and I want to have a read-only edit box to display changing output(when the user hits a button, the displayed numbers change in the edit box). Can I change the background color of the edit box, or should i just draw a rectangle and write text to it to control the background? Thanks, Matt Just change the readonly style of the editbox. Take a look at the CEdit::SetReadOnly() method. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0312281100.2574e9ef@posting.goo...

To chage the string of the Message Box
Hello, I was told the following query, and it works good. How can I change the Notes By to be a Msg String : "Dicatat Oleh". I want it as a variable, because i have already the table of String message, so that it can be in many languages. INSERT INTO Catatan ( NO_URTANGT, TGLCATATAN, WKTCATAT, Subject, Notes ) SELECT a.NO_URTANGT, a.TGLCATATAN, a.WKTCATAT, a.Subject, a.Notes & [Note by] FROM [C:\Churchdata\Churchdataconso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb].Catatan AS a; Thanks in advance for many helps. -- Frank Situmorang Are you talking about a stored query that you...

Automatic update the number in a text box
Hello: I have text boxes in my charts. In that text box, I need to copy a number from another sheet each time I update charts. I am wondering if there is a way that I can update the number automatically. Thanks in advance! Is the number in the same cell every time? Here's how to create a new text box that's linked to a cell (whenever I try linking an existing text box, Excel just draws a new one on top of the old one). Select the chart. Press the equals key. Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell with the mouse. The formula bar reads like: =Sheet2!$B$2 Press enter. - ...

Merged Cells
How do I "Unmerge" merged cells on the worksheet? Highlight the merged cells, then go to the toolbar, and select Format Cells allignment Untick the merge cells check box This should then puit the cells back to normal. Zygy wrote: >How do I "Unmerge" merged cells on the worksheet? -- Matt Lynn Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200809/1 ...

Turn on Edit option in Combo Box
How do you turn on the Edit option in a Combo Box in Excel 2000? I have no problem entering the drop-down part, but cannot get it to allow editing. Please help. Pam Williams Pam What kind of combobox? Forms toolbar, Control Toolbox, or Data Validation. What do you mean by editing? Do you want to edit an entry on the list, add a new entry to the list, or just be able to type in a value that's not on the list? -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Pam at Greer" <Pam at Greer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Filtering Combo box items based on related table field- Please Help!
Hi im stuck on filtering a combo box. I have users who can be assigned a category. Jobs can be assigned a category and also have a list of people working on that job (in the JobDetails table). I have the following tables: Categories Table: CategoryID (PK) Description Users Table: UserID (PK) Username CategoryID (FK on Categories.CategoryID) Jobs Table: JobID (PK) CategoryID (FK on Categories.CategoryID) JobDetails Table: JobID (FK on Jobs.JobID) UserID (FK on Users.UserID) Then in the job details when listing users for a job (many users can be for one job) i would like to only show the us...

Comment Box or description box
Is there a way to assign the comment box to appear when a certain item is sold, so therefore a description can be inputed. you can use the Item Message (item definition - Special tab) to remind the cashier to set the comment on those items when sold. "Gary" wrote: > Is there a way to assign the comment box to appear when a certain item is > sold, so therefore a description can be inputed. ...

How do I add input data in the input ranges in drop down boxes.
I have a spreadsheet that was sent to me that has drop down boxes with data that you can select and it is link to other drop down boxes. I would like to add additional data in the drop down box range but cannot find where you add additional data to select in the drop down boxes. Thanks, Charlie If the dropdown lists are created by Data Validation, you can select the cell, and choose Data>Validation. In the Source box, you'll see the range where the list is stored. If that's not it, right-click on the dropdown list, and choose Format Control On the Control tab, you'l...

The From box
Every time I create a new email the "from" box appears. How do I turn this off. Create a new message; View-> uncheck From Field -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26fb01c4703e$1ee1e320$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I create a new email the "from" box appears. > How do I turn this off. ...

blank cells v. zeros
Hi- I have a database full of different tables on each worksheet. On eac table, I input test scores and then run my macro. The test scores go t the last worksheet labeled 'data'. My problem is when I leave a tes blank on the table (when there is no score for that specific test), zero appears under that test in 'data'. I tried turning off zero value but that got rid of every zero, even the ones that actually represent test score. To make a long story short, I need blank cells to sta blank and cells with zeros to stay zero. If anyone can help me, i would be much appreciated! -...

merging cells without loosing info?
Is there any way, using either Excel XP or 2003 along with windows XP to merg cells together and not loose any of the information from any o the cells, other than cut and paste -- mhilli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mhillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27827 Hi you would need VBA / a macro to do your merging. note: I would recommend not to use merged cells as they cause several problems (e.g. sorting, filerting, etc.) "mh...

font sizes for To, From, and Subject text boxes
How do you change the font sizes for these 3 textboxes when composing an email? When you set the fonts under Options->Mail Format, only the font in textarea for the message body gets changed. Thanks, Ernest Correct. That's what that setting is for -- to change the message font. If you want to change the font sizes of other elements, you'd have to design a custom form. In some cases, changing the overall Windows font size might also have an effect. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Dev...

Using data drom one cell as part of a formula in another.
I am trying to use the data from one cell as part of a formula i another. For example: I have a three sheet workbook. The first sheet contains lists of data to be used in the followin sheets. i.e. Column 1 is List 1, Column 2 is List 2 etc The rows contain values. i.e. Row I contains Value 1, Row 2 contains Value 2 etc. The following sheets, named ListData1, ListData2 etc must contain dat from these lists laid out differently. I can achieve this by entering the formulae to refer back to Sheet1. e.g. For ListData1 ... =Sheet1!A1, =Sheet1!A2 etc For ListData2 ... =Sheet1!B1, =Sheet1!B2 etc F...

in cell editing macro
I tried recording a macro that edits a cell and copied the formula from in that cell and pasts it elsewhere. This was I can copy a formula without the specific cell referenced in the cell changing. i.e. cell A1 contain =b1*c1. If I just copy to a2 the formula would change to b2*b3 but if I edit cell a1 - select all then copy and then go to a2 and paste - it would still read b1*b2 which is what I want. When I record the macro - it doesnt recognize what Im trying to do. Any ideas ? Thanks, Yosef check out absolute vs relative cell referencing in the help/ if you make the first equati...