blue squares

What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data??
0
Blue (17)

It's difficult to know exactly without looking at the worksheet, but as a
first guess I would suggest that you check to see if there's any conditional
formatting applied to the cell(s) that are giving you trouble - You may be
entering some data that triggers a formatting rule to turn the cell blue.

HTH

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk

"blue" wrote:

> What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data??
0
neil7418 (200)

blue squares
What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? It's difficult to know exactly without looking at the worksheet, but as a first guess I would suggest that you check to see if there's any conditional formatting applied to the cell(s) that are giving you trouble - You may be entering some data that triggers a formatting rule to turn the cell blue. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "blue" wrote: > What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? ...

Square at the end of every return in entourage email
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Just setting up new macbook and have noticed that emails in entourage include a square at the end of every paragraph. Obviously has something to do with return. Any thoughts on how to fix? Had been using Entourage 2004 without any trouble. On 3/26/10 3:49 PM, Kroy@officeformac.com wrote: > Just setting up new macbook and have noticed that emails in entourage > include a square at the end of every paragraph. Obviously has > something to do with return. Any thoughts on how to fix?...

Blue Screen
I am running XP SP3. I just got a strange blue screen, while I was composing an email. All functions and processes have been operating normally all year. The screen was not specific to one problem, but suggested that a hardware or software problem had occurred - that I should first restart the computer, and if the same screen came up, I should restart in safe mode to remove the offending piece of hardware or software. When I restarted the PC, all was working normally, and continues to do so. Any idea what may have occasioned this blue screen message? -- John John wrot...

Blue screen
Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's thx Amraam Not that this helps you but I've also got Excel 2007 opening with a blue blank screen, no toolbars at top, bottom status bar appears at top and the page is frozen. All other products in Suite open correctly although there does seem to be a short hesitation of a blank screen before the correct display appears??? Running Vista Home Premium JohnP "Amraam" wrote: > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's > thx > Amraam Excel 2007 t...

Pink and Blue Layout Guides
The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the blue guides from the pink guides. Jerome A. Schneble wrote: > The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems > to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the > blue guides from the pink guides. No. -- Cassandra Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!' Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk. Change...

Senders emails in blue
I have Office 2007 and when I get an email in my inbox from a certain individual it shows their name, subject and received in blue. I believe when I had 2003 I made this change, but I want to clear out all colors. How do I do that in 2007. Sorry I do not know the name of this process. It's Automatic formatting and is set in the view. right click on the row of field names and choose Customize, then reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email...

Certificate blues
I've bought a GlobalSign certificate described as "Organization ServerSign with SAN" for marrian.com (my internet domain). The email delivering the certificate included text for the "SSL" certificate and text for the "OrganizationSSL Root" certificate. Following instructions, I created two crt files and installed them on the server. I can see the certificate under the Personal folder but it shows as marrian.com whereas perhaps I need to get it reissued as remote.marrian.com? Also following instructions, I ran this command in the Exchange Management She...

Blue Screens of Death (BSOD)
I've been getting one or two BOSDs per week on my new PC. I have an HP p6210t with 6 GB RAM and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version. I have no applications running that are 64 bit. One example, I am printing 35 copies of a picture on my HP B8550 printer. Somewhere in the middle of the printing, I get a BSOD. I have also had them running Word 2007, Excel 2007 (both 32 bit). Is this just a "newness" problem with Win 7 and 64 bit processors or is my new PC the problem? Thanks. Tom From my own experience and running Win 7 64-bit for almost 1 year, I ...

color of oval shape prints square
I have oval shapes that are color filled, and look fine on the screen. When printed to an HP LaserJet 2820 the color for the ovals spills over to fill a rectangle that contains the oval. ...

Blue Screen: A thread tried to release a resource it Did Not Own in function CreateFileMapping called
Hi I am my driver virtual filesystem. When I open a file from the virtual drive filesystem is ok for reading file. By cons when I have a blue screen when i call the CreateFileMapping on my handle file opened on my virtual drive filesystem. NTSTATUS DrvDispatch ( IN PDEVICE_OBJECT DeviceObject, IN PIRP Irp ) { PIO_STACK_LOCATION irps; NTSTATUS status=STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED; KdPrintf(("[VFUM] control\n")); irps = IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation(Irp); if (irps!=NULL) { KdPrintf(("[VFUM] vfums_control : Device:%x Majorfunction %d ir...

Blue Cells
I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After doing a few forms I have been geting light blue cells appearing whenever I click on those cells. The same thing happens when I click on a row. I cannot find a way of stopping these appearing. This is quite normal and happens, when you select more then one cell (a range) all cells within that range, also bordered by a thick line, "turn blue". This phenomen disappears when you select a single cell. -- Felix "ptg23963" wrote: > I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After do...

highligthed shade other than blue
When selecting a row I'd like to see a different shade otherthan the standard blue/gray. ...

How can I print 11 squared in a report ?
I need to be able to print 11^2 (eleven to the power of two, or eleven squared) with the 2 printed as a superscript. In word it is a piece of cake, but in access I can't seem to do it. I have typed 11 and the 2 as superscript (ie 11 squared) in WORD, and then copied and pasted it into access but when I tried pasting it into a field which is defined as text data type it keeps making it 112 instead of 11 and the 2 superscript. I also pasting it into a text box with a condition, ie if [field]=112, then print11^2 but I can't seem to figure out how to that either. Can someone help me, ...

publisher 2002: fonts print as squares
I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type manager, removing some font files as microsoft website suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Hi PAUL (paulipclasalle@aol.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type || manager, removing some font files as microsoft website || suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you wou...

email: verticle blue lines
many emails I receive have been reforwarded several times and often contain verticle blue lines, from top to bottom and varying lengths, and seem to correspond with each of the times the email has been forwarded. This is annoying. How do I stop the verticle blue lines? "Lemur" <Lemur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC3D4CDE-ECAB-4AA1-9609-704A1F582264@microsoft.com... > many emails I receive have been reforwarded several times and often > contain > verticle blue lines, from top to bottom and varying lengths, and seem to > corresp...

Blue and red lines in layout guides
I know this must be a fairly fundamental question - but I have alwayss wondered the significance of the red and blue lines in layout guides. I know HOW to use layout guides and alter them. I also understand RULER guides. What I don't know is WHY we are provided with both red and blue lines in layouts - I know I can alter the position of margins but this moves both red and blue lines. Is it possible to alter the distance between these 2 different lines and what is their significance. Just asking as I wonder if I'm missing something crucial here. Many thanks Ron The outside blue guide...

Blue-tooth
Hi, I have problem with the Blue-tooth. How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2. Can you help me? -- addneybain This is the Win98 newsgroup. addneybain wrote: > Hi, > I have problem with the Blue-tooth. > How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in > Windows XP Service Pack 2. > Can you help me? > > > > > -- > addneybain On 01/22/2010 11:48 PM, addneybain wrote: > Hi, > I have problem with the Blue-tooth. > How to troubleshoot Blue...

Block diagram - Multi-tree Square shape issue
Now, this is really getting my boxers in a snit - the Multi-tree Square shape ONLY allows 6 nodes (yes, I said SIX) to be added! I can't even cheat by hanging another shape below it because Visio is SO SMART it won't let me overlap lines in a shape. (Gee, I wish I had the brains to think for myself, but hey, MS knows better) Now, before I get a bunch of trolls that do nothing to help but call people MS bashers and trolls, I have been working with MS products since LanMan ver. 1.0 (How many of you can say that!) - I like most MS products VERY much - it's just stupid shi+ l...

Cursor turned to a square
Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks. Why? Could be almost anything. Does it happen only in Excel or in all programs? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <thelarster@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1136298532.065904.309340@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know > why or how to fix this? Thanks. > It only happens in Excel. No other programs or Office programs. Next question is, does it only happen in one, or a group of similar f...

Making what you type be blue
I don't understand why this feature is not already easily implemented. Maybe it is... You get a document that has a list like below in black. fish dog tree Your assignment is to write something under each item but you want what you type to be in blue. Is there a way to do that? (And I am not asking about typeing, then selecting, then making it blue. I want whatever I type no matter where I type to be blue. The items in black must remain black.) How many times do you get a list of questions from your instructor and you want your answers in blue, italics, bold whatever...

Files in Blue
In recent weeks when i open up a file there are some worksheets in Blue while others are in normal black. Has some thing changed? JGrow You can tell windows to compress files to save space. Open Windows explorer Locate your file rightclick on it and choose properties|general tab click the advanced button and you'll see how to toggle it on/off. There may be an option to do this to at a drive level--I don't recall. JulianB wrote: > > In recent weeks when i open up a file there are some worksheets in Blue while > others are in normal black. Has some thing changed? > &...

[Ask] VPN connection to Windows XP environment (without blue screening)
I have a laptop running Windows 7. I need to connect and use my laptop (running Windows 7) in an IT environment which is still running Windows XP SP2. I have had some issues with running a Windows XP-based VPN client on my Windows 7 laptop, resulting in a blue screen. I'd like to figure out whether VMWare (or other) has a product that will enable me to do the following: * Establish a Windows XP virtualized environment on my Windows 7 laptop (64 bit). * Note that I don't have a Windows XP license on my laptop (only a Windows 7 license). * Securely connect using Cisco VP...

Validation blues
Hi, I have created different validations in my worksheet using a list as dropdown. Strangely when I click on the cell which has validation then the dropdown will show the last or the second last while some of the validations window's dropdown display from first value itself. That is If i have 1 validation in a cell linked to a list ( Apple, Orange, Pears, Banana etc.) then the validation dropdown though displays all the values from the list, it will show Banana first that is drop down window's highlighting value starts from the mid or may be last. In another validation list ( havi...

blue screen
hello, I use CHtmlView and SetLayeredWindowAttributes, to put transparent a window. But when there is a Java applet in the web page, and if the web page is translucent when i reload the page i have a blue screen error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA problem with Win32k.sys. I have this error for all Java applet. You know if it is a known error ? ...

access 2007
I am new to Access 2007. In previous versions of Access, I was able to run an update query to place carriage returns in place of square box characters that were showing up after importing Excel spreadsheets into the database (Article ID 210372). Unfortunately this solution does not appear to work in Access 2007. Perhaps I am missing something? Has the code for the module changed or the string in the update query? Any help would be greately appreciated! A2007 uses the same CrLf for new lines. Are you sure the code is running? By default, no code runs in A2007 unless your database...