Blue screen

Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's
thx
Amraam
0
Amraam (1)

Not that this helps you but I've also got Excel 2007 opening with a blue
blank screen, no toolbars at top, bottom status bar
appears at top and the page is frozen. All other products in Suite open
correctly although there does seem to be a short hesitation of a blank screen
before the correct display appears???

Running Vista Home Premium

JohnP

"Amraam" wrote:

> Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's
> thx
> Amraam
0
JohnP1 (17)
7/13/2007 11:34:02 AM
Excel 2007 takes its time opening. Runs virus checks. It depends on how fast
your machine is, too.

"Amraam" <Amraam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any
> idea's
> thx
> Amraam

I'm having the same issue and can't access anything.  It started off
randomly, now all files open to a blue screen with Ready in upper left corner
and a zoom slide bar on upper right corner.  I can access keyboard commands
and see the appropriate comman letter, but not the menus or the file.  Execl
opes this way and I simply can't get it to do anything else.  Help!

"Dave Thomas" wrote:

> Excel 2007 takes its time opening. Runs virus checks. It depends on how fast
> your machine is, too.
>
> "Amraam" <Amraam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any
> > idea's
> > thx
> > Amraam

0
Ned1 (14)
8/10/2007 3:36:04 PM
It seems to be a problem with the Solver Add In.

This is odd, but as I could access the keyboard commands (though still not
see my spreadsheets) I went into Excel options and tried turning off the
addins.  Wioth the Solver Add in disabled, Files open normally and excel
opens normally .  Once it is reactivated, I'm back to the blue screen.  As I
need the solver for my work, can I uninstall it from the system and
re-install it?

"ned" wrote:

> I'm having the same issue and can't access anything.  It started off
> randomly, now all files open to a blue screen with Ready in upper left corner
> and a zoom slide bar on upper right corner.  I can access keyboard commands
> and see the appropriate comman letter, but not the menus or the file.  Execl
> opes this way and I simply can't get it to do anything else.  Help!
>
> "Dave Thomas" wrote:
>
> > Excel 2007 takes its time opening. Runs virus checks. It depends on how fast
> > your machine is, too.
> >
> > "Amraam" <Amraam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any
> > > idea's
> > > thx
> > > Amraam

0
Ned1 (14)

Adjusting to screen resolutions
I am looking for the best way to have a dialog based program scale up and down to fully file the screen for several different screen resolutions. I need to have the buttons stretch or compress so that the same number of buttons show in generally the same relative proportions. Since this is an embedded application I could set some flags and compile a different version depending on the targeted display, if I have to. I would like to avoid having multiple versions of the project to maintain. By the way would .net offer any help for this? Thanks On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:26:33 -0400,...

blue squares
What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? It's difficult to know exactly without looking at the worksheet, but as a first guess I would suggest that you check to see if there's any conditional formatting applied to the cell(s) that are giving you trouble - You may be entering some data that triggers a formatting rule to turn the cell blue. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "blue" wrote: > What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? ...

same screen view
I have set up a spreadsheet to fit so all information can be seen on the screen without scrolling. When I e-mail the file to another user, the sizing is different so that they must scroll up and down as well as left to right. Is there a way to lock the screen view so that no matter what machine opens the file, the same area can be seen? You could use a macro that runs when the recipient opens the workbook, but that user has to allow macros to run. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:l33"), scroll:=True ActiveWindow....

Position Extra Fields Screen Error
"This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." My HR users are seeing an error when trying to update a field in GP 10.00.1502 The window is the "Position Extra Fields" screen, accessed from the "Position Setup" screen. If they update any data on the "Position Extra Fields" screen and click OK, they receive the above error. I tried and even as admin, I see the same error. A SQL trave shows it trying to insert the data to HRPOS022, then the next SQL access is to DYNAMICS.dbo.SY01700, wh...

Blue Screen
I am running XP SP3. I just got a strange blue screen, while I was composing an email. All functions and processes have been operating normally all year. The screen was not specific to one problem, but suggested that a hardware or software problem had occurred - that I should first restart the computer, and if the same screen came up, I should restart in safe mode to remove the offending piece of hardware or software. When I restarted the PC, all was working normally, and continues to do so. Any idea what may have occasioned this blue screen message? -- John John wrot...

Blue screen
Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's thx Amraam Not that this helps you but I've also got Excel 2007 opening with a blue blank screen, no toolbars at top, bottom status bar appears at top and the page is frozen. All other products in Suite open correctly although there does seem to be a short hesitation of a blank screen before the correct display appears??? Running Vista Home Premium JohnP "Amraam" wrote: > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's > thx > Amraam Excel 2007 t...

Automatic login screen in Win7?
Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity. I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still wants me to login. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance... Bob On 21/12/2009 00:38, Bob Newman wrote: > Win7 is constantly asking me to login in after a period of inactivity. > I have gone to User Accounts, unchecked Users must login and put my user > name and password in the "Automatically login" dialog box. Win7 still > wants me to...

Pink and Blue Layout Guides
The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the blue guides from the pink guides. Jerome A. Schneble wrote: > The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems > to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the > blue guides from the pink guides. No. -- Cassandra Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!' Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk. Change...

Senders emails in blue
I have Office 2007 and when I get an email in my inbox from a certain individual it shows their name, subject and received in blue. I believe when I had 2003 I made this change, but I want to clear out all colors. How do I do that in 2007. Sorry I do not know the name of this process. It's Automatic formatting and is set in the view. right click on the row of field names and choose Customize, then reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email...

Screen updating
Is there any way of changing the behaviour when a graph is activated; it turns white (my background is black). I tried the Screenupdating = false statement but it has no effect for this. Thks, Mark ...

Certificate blues
I've bought a GlobalSign certificate described as "Organization ServerSign with SAN" for marrian.com (my internet domain). The email delivering the certificate included text for the "SSL" certificate and text for the "OrganizationSSL Root" certificate. Following instructions, I created two crt files and installed them on the server. I can see the certificate under the Personal folder but it shows as marrian.com whereas perhaps I need to get it reissued as remote.marrian.com? Also following instructions, I ran this command in the Exchange Management She...

GraphicsServer w/ MFC issue: Graph is in the forefront of the screen & doesn't minimize
I'm trying to debug an MFC application that plots data using a graphing toolkit from Graphics Server. The problem is that the actual graph is always on the forefront of the screen meaning even if I open any other program(s) on my computer and maximize it, the graph from the MFC app is on top blocking the view of the other program I just opened. I suspect that this phenomenon of have the graph always in the "forefront" of the screen is somehow being "forced" in the code. I do know tha the MFC application itself is made to take up the entire screen and cannot be minimized...

Two Screens???
We are running MS Excel 97 with MS XP OS on a computer with a Matox drive where we have two screens. Excel used to open on the left hand screen but now opens onto the right hand screen. I'm unable to resize the excel application by selecting the border. How can i get it to re-open on the left hand screen as a default? regards Wayne Wayne wrote: > We are running MS Excel 97 with MS XP OS on a computer > with a Matox drive where we have two screens. > > Excel used to open on the left hand screen but now opens > onto the right hand screen. > > I'm unable...

screen jumps when clicking on border
Why does the screen move when I accidently click on a cell border? How do I turn this off? Its a real annoyance. You can turn that feature off, if you're also willing to give up drag and drop: Choose Tools>Options Select the Edit tab Remove the check mark from 'Allow cell drag and drop' Click OK anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Why does the screen move when I accidently click on a cell > border? How do I turn this off? Its a real annoyance. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thank you! >...

Blue Screens of Death (BSOD)
I've been getting one or two BOSDs per week on my new PC. I have an HP p6210t with 6 GB RAM and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version. I have no applications running that are 64 bit. One example, I am printing 35 copies of a picture on my HP B8550 printer. Somewhere in the middle of the printing, I get a BSOD. I have also had them running Word 2007, Excel 2007 (both 32 bit). Is this just a "newness" problem with Win 7 and 64 bit processors or is my new PC the problem? Thanks. Tom From my own experience and running Win 7 64-bit for almost 1 year, I ...

Ability to print detail in drill-dwon screens
I would like to be able to print the Transaction Zoom details. Currently, once you drill down two levels, the ability to print the detail is lost. For example, if I do an Inquiry>>Financial>>Summary, then enter an account number and click on a month, then click on Debit to drill down, then highlight and click on a journal entry, the resulting detail cannot be printed. If I go further to Source Document, that detail likewise cannot be printed. The only "work around" I've found is to use the PrtScn option, which is less than optimal. ---------------- This post i...

Service Pack 1 not shown on help screen?
I have Office 2010 Professional Plus, and yesterday I downloaded installed SP1. Yet when I click File � Help in Excel, the version shown is "14.0.6023.1000 (32-bit)" with no mention of the service pack. Is this just a quirk of the display, or is something wrong? I tried re-running the service pack installed. After prompting me to elevate privilege (just like the first time), and demanding that I adhere to its license terms, it said "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system." -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New Yo...

Entering line item descriptions on Miscellaneous Log Entry screen
Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to enter a line item description on the Miscellaneous Log Entry screen. I tried using the billing note field but it is disabled. I changed the "Default Billing Note From" option under Tools << Project << Setup << Miscellanoeous Log" to "None" but the billing note field is still disabled. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -- Mike G Use the Billing Note Detail window to enter the billing notes. It looks similar to other GP Note Buttons and is on the scrolling line. Not the display ...

Print Screen Key disabled

Full Screen 04-16-10
How can I get a DOS program to display full screen in Vista Home Premium? Thanks! -- Bill Run an emulator program, like Dosbox.. http://www.dosbox.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:ed5eBlY3KHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I get a DOS program to display full screen in Vista Home Premium? > > Thanks! > > -- > Bill > > > That's the only option? Hm. --Bill "Dave" <Dav...

Print info from screen
From an account, I pull up the "investment activities" for a stock, eg Altria. How do i get a paper print out of that information? -- Chuney In microsoft.public.money, chuney wrote: >From an account, I pull up the "investment activities" for a stock, eg Altria. > >How do i get a paper print out of that information? The best would be to Customize the InvestmentTransactions report and to then Print that report. ...

Home screen balance and Account screen balance mismatch
The balance shown on the HOME screen for my checking account does NOT MATCH the bank balance for my checking account that I see when I click on the account name. The one on the HOME screen is NOT correct. I can't see where it is getting this balance from? In microsoft.public.money, Peoria Dave <Peoria Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The balance shown on the HOME screen for my checking account does NOT MATCH >the bank balance for my checking account that I see when I click on the >account name. The one on the HOME screen is NOT correct. I can't see ...

highligthed shade other than blue
When selecting a row I'd like to see a different shade otherthan the standard blue/gray. ...

Blue Cells
I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After doing a few forms I have been geting light blue cells appearing whenever I click on those cells. The same thing happens when I click on a row. I cannot find a way of stopping these appearing. This is quite normal and happens, when you select more then one cell (a range) all cells within that range, also bordered by a thick line, "turn blue". This phenomen disappears when you select a single cell. -- Felix "ptg23963" wrote: > I have just started using Excel, setting up some basic forms. After do...

capture screen with mouse?
when I capture my screen = PrintScreen or API function my mouse (cursor) always hide.... Is there a way to capture screen with mouse? thanks ...