autofilled on excel

How do you get autofill to work.  I'm following the directions and nothing is
happening!!!
0
Susan (148)

Hi Susan,
What is in the initial cell< and are you filling down or across?
Regards - Dave.
0
dave871 (679)
10/3/2008 9:30:01 AM
Oops, ignore the < thingie.
0
dave871 (679)

new to Excel- need Excel- dont have prior version- help
Hello, I need to buy a copy of Microsoft Excel. I do not have a prior version, just ms works' spreadsheet program. People have been sending me spreadsheets but I am unable to open them. Question- my local staples sells Excel 2003 Full Version for around 214 USD... Is this the cheapest way to go? I saw some 2000 Versions on Ebay- for lots less. Please advise... Also whats the cheapest place online to buy this? I did a Froogle and came up with some places I have never heard of. THank you KOS btw running XP Home Hi KOS If you only want to view/print you can use the free reader http://www...

EXCEL EXPORT PROBLEMS
I am setting up a catalogue for someone who has given me their price/product info. setup in EXCEL tables. They want to be able to make the necessary updates to their EXCEL tables and then send to me for updating future catalogues. I have tried to import into both Corel Draw and Word with no success, either the info. is non-editable once imported or it is converted into a mess. Can EXCEL files be imported/exported at all into any other layout programs while still maintaining the columns/tables set up in the original? I'd appreciate your help, thanks! ...

mailmerge in excel
using excel to set up forms since layout is so easy. now that xp office has so easy mail merge, is it possible to personalize or populate excel worksheets with other excel data? lookups will work, but mail merge would seem to be easier, by selecting the addressees and let 'r rip thanks Mail merge is in MS Word and is not going to populate an Excel worksheet. You could use a macro in Excel to use a template and to copy to selected cells, or to replace cell content based on value form another worksheet. Part of whether this is feasible or what you want might be are you planning on keep...

Re: pb linking excel file (or is excel nuts?)
Hi, i present myself, poze, student in computing (final year computer studies) I've got a couple of excel file in which I pick up a certain amount of information (using =('C:\folder\[file.xls]where'!$Line$Column)) Right... That works perfectly. Some of the field are empty. So I decided to check with : WENN(ISTLEER( sorry... that's german. this is the function if(isblank()) One more time, that works. (so what's my question???) Well, the fact is that the file in which I take the information has been modified on an other computer. I'e taken back the file. If I try now t...

Excel dates to days
Is it possible to get Excel to display the day of the week based on a date? Thanks right click>format>custom format>type d ddd dddd -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "cbart" <cbart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB6194C3-4BA1-437D-9BEB-0615FC0DAB22@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to get Excel to display the day of the week based on a date? > > Thanks ...

where is the flowchart toolbar on excel 2007
Klog - > where is the flowchart toolbar on excel 2007 < Insert (ribbon) > (Illustrations area) Shapes > (Flowchart) - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Klog" <Klog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0413275-EF1D-43FA-BEA3-84CBF27BA3CB@microsoft.com... > ...

Saving with Excel
Whenever I save a document in excel 2002 it now says that my file may have been changed by another user in which case do I want to overwrite the changes or save a copy. The old excel wouldn't ask this question but now this new OVERENGINEERED version does which forces me to click overwrite changes each time I save. Is there any way I can turn this off? Also, I have to say that the latest version of MS office stinks all around. It is so overengineered that it is much harder to use and more time consuming than previous versions. ...

function to download stock prices into Excel with 2007
I used to be able to download stock prices with a function in Excel 2003. Just had to click update prices once the function was in spreadhseet cells. Can't find one to use in Excel 2007. Is there a comparable extension available? I have a free file using Yahoo that will do as many as you like with one mouse click.Contact me ONLY at my address below. Or, If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear expl...

Problem with Excel and Stock Quotes add-in
I use the msnsq addin for Excel and have for a long while. Recently, after updating stock quotes, and only on one computer, I get a crash in IE. It crashes after I close the disclaimer web page window after the update is complete. It doesn't affect the update, but it is irritating to get this same error every time Module shdocvw.dll. I note that when I get the error in iexplore.exe, it identifies an AppVer of 6.0.2900.2180. The ModVer of the shdocvw.dll is identified as 6.0.2900.2753 (at offset 000159a1). I've already uninstalled, reinstalled, updated , sliced, diced and pu...

IA for Excel v7.5 install problem
Have downloaded most current IM from CS and updated IA to the latest service pack but still can't get IA for Excel to run. Getting message about "not running or not enabled or not registered". (Anyone who has seen this error screen knows what I mean.) Any suggestions would be most appreciated. V7.5 on MSSql. Thanks you need to grant full access to the some keys in the Registry: See this techknowledge article in the knowledgebase Unable to Launch Visual Basic Editor from Great Plains (851245) "noyb" <noyb@anaoymous.ca> wrote in message news:OmgHYAViEHA.13...

Excel licence message
Due to a system crash, I had to install Vista over my old XP, and while I've reinstalled MS Excel (2003) OK, and activated it with no problem, I still get the 'read/agree to licence' message every time I run it. This is rather irritating, so can I stop it asking each time? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=office+keeps+asking+to+accept+eula&aq=3&oq=Office+kee&aqi=g10 Paul Hyett wrote: > Due to a system crash, I had to install Vista over my old XP, and > while I've reinstalled MS Excel (2003) OK, and activated it with no >...

Excel Chart #5
Im creating a simple chart of losses, i take each day of the end of the week , ending friday 6/03/05, 6/10/05, 6/24/05. I have omited 6/17/05 since there are no losses on that week, i create a chart but the chart always displays the 6/17/05 . I do not want it to show that date, is there a way i can omit that date from my chart? Thx Elaien Elaine If you can get the cell to return the error #N/A. To do this you use the NA function in the cell. (Just type =NA() in the cell for the losses on 6/17/05). -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@ze...

Autofill Formulas
Hello. I have a workbook with 31 sheets of data. Each sheet is a form with a record of data. I would like extract the data into a list. For example, range A5 is the same field on each sheet, so I want to autofill a formula reference the same cell on different sheets. I suspect I need a macro for this, but wanted to make sure first. Can you autofill like this =Sheet1!$A$5, =Sheet2!$A$5, =Sheet3!$A$5? -- Thanks, Mike =INDIRECT("Sheet" & (ROW()) & "!A5") Entered in A1 of new sheet. Copy down to A31............will increment the Sheet numbe...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Excel Issues
I have several issues: 1. I want to sort w/o using the sort function because I want to keep the specific formatting of the cell ( I want the cell to move with the data, with sort the data only moves and the cells stay the same) . I want to have a function where the selected data will automatically be sorted so that it moves to the top of the worksheet and the unselected data either moves below it (in a list that can be deleted)or becomes hidden when printing. e.g. x A B C x D becomes... x A x D B C 2. I want to create a check mark function so that the user can check mark the item...

Please Please Help Me New To Excel
okay i'll do my best to ask this question. I have this spread sheet I've beentrying to figure out It has the number 5 in I6, then in J6 the formula =I6/10*21 This spread sheet is to show us the current number of sales we have now and based on todays date what we are on pace to hit by the end of the month(Octobers projected sales finish) So, what I want to know is why does it say 10*21. I know that the "21" stands for the number of business days in the month (21 days in October), but what does the 10 represent??? I looked at another spread sheet from last month, ...

Excel 2007 'Trail"
I have just downloaded a '60 day Trial' for Office 2007. All seemed ok until I opened Excel and it will not let me do anything...at all. Any suggestions? Did you Activate it? KLong wrote: > I have just downloaded a '60 day Trial' for Office 2007. All seemed ok until > I opened Excel and it will not let me do anything...at all. Any suggestions? ...

How can I save an graph as an Excel chart with Excel 2007?
I had created a program in Visual Basic that Excel macros. One of the facilities was to embed a plot (Excel chart) in my application. To do it, the code saved the chart as a Microsoft Excel chart 4.0. With Excel97 (version 8.0e) this file had the extension *.xlc and was easily to load in Visual Basic. With Excel 2007 (version 12.0) It seems that it is no longer possible to save the chart alone as a Microsoft Excel chart. How can I extract a chart plotted within Excel2007 to import it in an external application (e.g. Visual Basic), possibly with a dynamic link? ...

Lock Column in Excel 2000
I have a non-Microsoft program that exports data into Microsoft Excel 2000. I have it setup so after the data is exported into Excel, I insert a column. In the new column, I put a function (for the same of example, Let's say it is in column 'c', starting in row '5', =a5*b5. There are many columns of Data after column c. Is there any way to setup up a template Excel file, so that column c in Excel is "locked" (or whatever the term for this is), so the data is exported to columns 'a', then 'b', then skips c, then the next column is 'd', then...

Linking to Outlook from Excel
Hi There, Is it possible to extract information from outlook using Excel? What I'm trying to achieve is a summary of calendar items subject by category and (if possible, by location & label). If this is possible to be done from within Excel, then how? If it is possible to report this from within Outlook itself, then again, how? Looking at using 2003 versions of all software. Regards Colin Foster Hi Colin, From within your Outlook calendar select Tools -> Import and Export. Select Export to a File and then Comma Seperated Values (Windows). Give it a filename and that sh...

Excel.exe
I have Office 2000 Pro and Windows 2000. When I click Excel on the toolbar I get this message: Excel.exe ha generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need t restart. When I open in the SafeMode from Run the program opens immediately. Why or what is causing the .exe errors? Thanks Helpji -- helpji ----------------------------------------------------------------------- helpjim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3097 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50648 excel is a disease; run away while you st...

Excel columns
Can you create a tab within cells? I have a chart that I need to manually tab either 4 or 6 times within the cells in order for the text to line up on my printout. I don't want the printing to start right at the edge of the chart lines. Is there an easier way to accomplish this? Excel isn't much of a word processor. If you're indenting the value in the cell, take a look at: Format|cells|Alignment Tab|Indent box. If it's between words in cell, I've always used the spacebar. And if I really, really want it to line up nicely, I use a "Courier New" font. It...

merging data from 1 excel file, into a master excel file
I have 2 spreadsheets - a master spreadsheet and sheet #2. Sheet #2 contains all of the information from the master (with the same exact columns), plus new rows that are inserted throughout. The first column of data uniquely identifies each row. Most of the rows are identical in both, with some tweaks to the master. Therefore, I do not want any cells in the pre-existing rows to be overwritten in the master. I'd like to merge in just the new rows from sheet #2 into the master, and leave everything that is already in the master (and has been tweaked), as is. How do I do that? ...

Excel 2007 #4
Okay - experts, or wealth of knowledge individuals and or groups! I recently saw a study question for a class in Excel, that instructed the user to hide the formula bar in the current view. I give up, any clues? Thanks in advance Bolo View|Uncheck formula bar bolo wrote: > > Okay - experts, or wealth of knowledge individuals and or groups! > > I recently saw a study question for a class in Excel, that instructed the > user to hide the formula bar in the current view. I give up, any clues? > > Thanks in advance > Bolo -- Dave Peterson Duh, some things ...

how to i control autofill
Hello, Suppose I enter a formula in cell B2 and I want this formula to autofill down to cell B55000. If I click and drag down to cell B55000, there are two problems: it takes too long to scroll all the way down to cell B55000, and by the time i actually get there the scroll speed is so fast that i usually pass the cell. Is there a way to autofill a formula so that I don't have to do it by manually dragging the formula down to cell B55000? Thanks, Joe -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi two options that i know of: 1) if there is data in column A down to A55000 (or co...