Auto/Manual Calculation using *.slk files

I'm going a little crazy with Excel today.   I am attempting to write
a macro that will allow a user to open two additional spreadsheets
(*.slk files) generated by the same external utility.   I have a very
complicated worksheet that analyzes the data from these worksheets.
As such I have made sure that the main workbook has calculate set to
MANUAL.   When I open the first *.slk file and copy the needed data
and paste the data everything works fine (i.e. NO CALCULATIONS).
However,when I load the second file this *.slk file opens and
immediately performs a calculate which takes several minutes.   Both
*.slk files are opened from the same function call. I also found that
when I switch the order that the calculations also reverse meaning
that the calulations are performed by the first file (formerly second)
opened.   This leads me to believe that there is something file
specific not code related.   Any ideas?

Thanks!

0
jgpetres (1)

Auto Filter problem

How can I run a macro upon Excel file opening?
I created an Excel Macro and I would like to have it run automatically when the file is opened. How can I do this? Thank you for the help. I have not been able to find the answer. Sincerely Robert Griffin You need to open the VB Editor. There you double click on This Workbook. In there you add a sub: Private Sub Workbook_Open() �call your method here End sub This will execute every time you open the workbook -- ehntd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ehntd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15865 Vi...

Calculate Daily Interest, Paid out Weekly
Not sure if the subject makes sense I have 2 dates Rate = 8% Start = 12/28/2009 End = 2/18/2010 This is 7 weeks 3 days Daily interest = .08/365 = 0.02192% How do I find what the total for say $35.95 and the end of the period 02/18/2010 - If daily interest is applied at the end of every week. 1. Do I add the 3 days to 35.95 before calculating week1? 2. Is there a built in function that does this I'm thinking the total should be around 253.20 + the 3 days Thanks Steve What is the principal and when is it paid. Are you talking about one investment of $35.95...

Reading XML from a Continuously Updated XML Log File
Hello, We use an application that logs events to an xml file. I am starting a project to read these events at they are written to the log file and submit them to Operations Manager 2007 as custom events. I am currently writing a C# console app to read this file using XMLTextReader as part of a proof of concept. However, I am having problems reading the file after the application logs a new event. Log example: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <Log descName="foo"> <Session appName="appName" version="4.0" cmdLine=&quo...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

What exactly is microsoft excel used for?
I just need to know what excel is used for. Hi Babyboo Wow, what a question!!!! It is used for so many things, that books have been written about it. Spreadsheets, Databases, to manipulate data of all sorts, by using templates, as payroll packages, invoicing systems, creation of form letters, automating tasks, and and and and "Babyboo" wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. Babyboo wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. --------- Data manipulation... ...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

prompt for path to loop through files
I have the code below and it works fine but I would like it to prompt for the file path as each month the path changes slightly. Sub LoopOWC() Dim oFSO Dim Folder As Object Dim Files As Object Dim file As Object Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set Folder = oFSO.GetFolder("c:\new_files\Jan") For Each file In Folder.Files If file.Type Like "*Microsoft Excel*" Then Workbooks.Open Filename:=file.Path UploadData ActiveWorkbook.Cl...

auto copy self

how to specify a horizontal line in MFC resource file
Hi; i have this problem. I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX representing a single horizontal line ? How can i achieve this? best regards bav Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to vertical etch. AliR. "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message news:45ef14b1$0$2946$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi; > i have this problem. > I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. > However, i cannot find any control like GRO...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Cannot open files.
I am having trouble opening files after saving them. I keep getting the message "cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details says "Unspecified error" followed with the location in the "document.xml" file. ...

Auto look through subfolders

PDF files
I am using Office 2001 on and iMac with os9.2. Can anyone tell me how save/covert a word document to a pdf file? Thanks-T-nix Tom Shadonix <musicoffice@rew2000.com> wrote: > I am using Office 2001 on and iMac with os9.2. Can anyone tell me how > save/covert a word document to a pdf file? Thanks-T-nix Under MacOS 9, you'll need to get Adobe Acrobat (the full version). There is no native way to "print to PDF" from MacOS 9. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.c...

send-receive using CSocket
hi everyone .i`m doing a project for capturing the desktop image & sending it from server to client " i convert it to DIB then send the buffer of DIB using TCP " when i try to do a StretchBIBits on client the image is not so complete it has some missing pieces think the problem may be in my send-receive code.can u help me with a strong and reliable send-receive code?? mayara wrote: > hi everyone .i`m doing a project for capturing the > desktop image & sending it from server to client " i convert it to DIB > then send the buffer of DIB using TCP " when ...

Help using Tables
Hi guys! I need some help. I have a table that has a percentage range. Like this. Less than 90% 0 90.0% 90.9% $ 2,625 91.0% 91.9% $ 3,413 92.0% 92.9% $ 4,200 93.0% 93.9% $ 4,988 94.0% 94.9% $ 5,775 95.0% 95.9% $ 6,563 96.0% 96.9% $ 7,350 97.0% 97.9% $ 8,138 98.0% 98.9% $ 8,925 99.0% 99.9% $ 9,713 100.0% 100.9% $ 10,500 101...

PivotTable: Customized Calculations
I have salary data in an EXCEL spreadsheet (each row contains the salary for one individual). I wish to construct a PivotTable that counts the number of individuals in each of several salary intervals that I would specify ($0 - $19,999; $20,000 - $29,000, etc.) How do I do this? I believe that reporting on such customized calculations are possible, but I can't find any explicit guidance. Thanks for your help. You could add a column to the data table, and calculate the salary groupings there. Create a lookup table with the categories, e.g.: 0 $0-$19,999 20000 $20-$29...

Auto date

FileCopy command using FileDialog Box
I want users to be able to select a file using FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) and then have that file copied to a specific location on the users C Drive. I am having a terrible time defining the file selected to the FileCopy 'soucefile' parameter. It only accepts text and the file selected needs to be defined as a Variant for the FileDialog command to work. Below is the code I have written, but I get a Runtime 52 'Bad file name or number' error. Does anyone know how to do this? VBA is MADDNING! Dim CopyDialog As Office.filedialog Dim SourceFile As Variant...

An auto reply to an auto reply!