auto fill data from cells

i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6
different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all
of the text data from the six different sheets on it.  So, if i list 40 words
in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all
240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet)

Any help would be greatly appreciatiated.

thanks

dude
0
DUDE (21)

On the 7th sheet, in cell A1
='Sheet1'!B5
fill the formula down to A40

On the 7th sheet, in cell B1
='Sheet2'!B5
and again fill the formula down to B40

Repeat in columns C, D, E, and F for the other 4 sheets.  Change the sheet
name in the formulas to whatever the real names of those sheets are.  The
formulas don't have to start in row 1 on the 7th sheet - but whatever row you
start them in, the formula should be written as shown above and then filled
down for the 40 rows.

"dude" wrote:

> i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6
> different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all
> of the text data from the six different sheets on it.  So, if i list 40 words
> in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all
> 240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciatiated.
>
> thanks
>
> dude
THANKS FOR THE INFO.  What if i only have 20 words on sheet 1 and 10 words on
sheet 2, etc...?  How do i get them to automatically recognize the last entry
from sheet 1 so that it will add the words in the next cell where sheet 2
starts.  Based on your previous instruction, it sets up the formula for 40
cells before the next page could start to total on the master sheet.

"JLatham" wrote:

> On the 7th sheet, in cell A1
> ='Sheet1'!B5
> fill the formula down to A40
>
> On the 7th sheet, in cell B1
> ='Sheet2'!B5
> and again fill the formula down to B40
>
> Repeat in columns C, D, E, and F for the other 4 sheets.  Change the sheet
> name in the formulas to whatever the real names of those sheets are.  The
> formulas don't have to start in row 1 on the 7th sheet - but whatever row you
> start them in, the formula should be written as shown above and then filled
> down for the 40 rows.
>
> "dude" wrote:
>
> > i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6
> > different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all
> > of the text data from the six different sheets on it.  So, if i list 40 words
> > in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all
> > 240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet)
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciatiated.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > dude
In your original post you spoke specifically of 40 words per sheet for a
total of 240 words on the 6 sheets.  My response was geared toward those
'specifications', and while it put each sheet's words in separate columns on
the 7th sheet, it could be changed to put them head-to-tail in one column.

To do what it sounds like you want done at this point is probably best done
with a macro, and I'll put one together and post back here with it later.  I
don't have time to put it together right this minute - my day job calls <g>.
It's not hard to put together, it just takes a little longer to write up and
test out than I have available right now.

"dudewithaquestion" wrote:

> THANKS FOR THE INFO.  What if i only have 20 words on sheet 1 and 10 words on
> sheet 2, etc...?  How do i get them to automatically recognize the last entry
> from sheet 1 so that it will add the words in the next cell where sheet 2
> starts.  Based on your previous instruction, it sets up the formula for 40
> cells before the next page could start to total on the master sheet.
>
> "JLatham" wrote:
>
> > On the 7th sheet, in cell A1
> > ='Sheet1'!B5
> > fill the formula down to A40
> >
> > On the 7th sheet, in cell B1
> > ='Sheet2'!B5
> > and again fill the formula down to B40
> >
> > Repeat in columns C, D, E, and F for the other 4 sheets.  Change the sheet
> > name in the formulas to whatever the real names of those sheets are.  The
> > formulas don't have to start in row 1 on the 7th sheet - but whatever row you
> > start them in, the formula should be written as shown above and then filled
> > down for the 40 rows.
> >
> > "dude" wrote:
> >
> > > i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6
> > > different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all
> > > of the text data from the six different sheets on it.  So, if i list 40 words
> > > in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all
> > > 240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet)
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciatiated.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > dude
The following code will take entries from column B on the 6 sheets and copy
them head-to-tail on the 7th sheet in column A.  You can adjust the columns
used in the code.  You'll need to set the sheet names in the code also, so
that they match the sheet names in your workbook.  It processes all 6 sheets
at once, and it assumes no empty cells between entries in column B of the 6
sheets.

To insert the code: press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor.  Use Insert |
Module in the VB Editor menu to insert a new code module, then copy the code
below and paste it into the code module.  Close the VB Editor and use the
macro when you need to (after modifying the code for the workbook you put it
into).  The CheckLists macro is the only one of these 2 that will show in
your macro list, and it's the one to choose to perform the operation.

Sub CheckLists()
'go thru all worksheets
'and if a sheet is one
'with list we want to copy
'then do so, but ignore
'any others, including the
'one (Sheet7) where the lists
'will be combined

Dim anySheet As Worksheet
Dim doItFlag As Boolean

'clear any older results
Worksheets("Sheet7").Cells.Clear

For Each anySheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    'change the sheet names in the
    'Case Is =
    'statements as needed
    'and add more Case Is = statements
    'if you add more sheets to process
    doItFlag = False
    Select Case anySheet.Name
        Case Is = "Sheet1"
            doItFlag = True
        Case Is = "Sheet2"
            doItFlag = True
        Case Is = "Sheet3"
            doItFlag = True
        Case Is = "Sheet4"
            doItFlag = True
        Case Is = "Sheet5"
            doItFlag = True
        Case Is = "Sheet6"
            doItFlag = True
    Case Else
        'for any sheet not listed above
        'leave doItFlag as False
    End Select
    If doItFlag Then
        CombineLists anySheet
    End If
Next

End Sub
Private Sub CombineLists(sourceSheet As Worksheet)
'this will copy entries from column B of sourceSheet
'into column A of destSheet (Sheet7)
'in head-to-tail fashion
'
'these constants control what columns are
'involved in the data copy
'change to use different columns
srcColStart = "B1"
destColStart = "A1"

'last used row on source sheet
Dim srcLastRow As Long
'last used row on destination sheet
Dim destLastRow As Long
Dim maxRows As Long
Dim destSheet As Worksheet
Dim srcOffset As Long

'change name of worksheet as needed
Set destSheet = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet7")
If Val(Left(Application.Version, 2)) < 12 Then
  'in pre-2007 Excel
  maxRows = Rows.Count
Else
  'in Excel 2007 (or later)
  maxRows = Rows.countlarge
End If

destLastRow = destSheet.Range(destColStart).End(xlDown).Row
If destLastRow = maxRows Then
  destLastRow = 0
End If

srcLastRow = sourceSheet.Range(srcColStart).End(xlDown).Row
If srcLastRow = maxRows Then
  'nothing to copy, nothing entered
  'above the last row on the sheet
  Exit Sub
End If
For srcOffset = 0 To srcLastRow - 1
  destSheet.Range(destColStart).Offset(destLastRow, 0).Value = _
   sourceSheet.Range(srcColStart).Offset(srcOffset, 0).Value
  destLastRow = destLastRow + 1
Next

End Sub

"dudewithaquestion" wrote:

> THANKS FOR THE INFO.  What if i only have 20 words on sheet 1 and 10 words on
> sheet 2, etc...?  How do i get them to automatically recognize the last entry
> from sheet 1 so that it will add the words in the next cell where sheet 2
> starts.  Based on your previous instruction, it sets up the formula for 40
> cells before the next page could start to total on the master sheet.
>
> "JLatham" wrote:
>
> > On the 7th sheet, in cell A1
> > ='Sheet1'!B5
> > fill the formula down to A40
> >
> > On the 7th sheet, in cell B1
> > ='Sheet2'!B5
> > and again fill the formula down to B40
> >
> > Repeat in columns C, D, E, and F for the other 4 sheets.  Change the sheet
> > name in the formulas to whatever the real names of those sheets are.  The
> > formulas don't have to start in row 1 on the 7th sheet - but whatever row you
> > start them in, the formula should be written as shown above and then filled
> > down for the 40 rows.
> >
> > "dude" wrote:
> >
> > > i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6
> > > different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all
> > > of the text data from the six different sheets on it.  So, if i list 40 words
> > > in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all
> > > 240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet)
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciatiated.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > dude

Auto Filter problem

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto-Editing

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

Auto-Calculate

Placing a mask within a cell
Howdy All, Here is what I am trying to do. I have a column with numbers in it. 1,2,3,etc. I want to prefix these numbers with Page.. and have the results look this this: "Page..1" "Page..2" With the quotation marks included. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Brian One way: Format/Cell/Number/Custom \""Page..."0\" In article <uEaiQGMeFHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Brian" <treddderx@yahoo.com> wrote: > Howdy All, > > Here is what I am trying to do. > > I have a column with numbers in it. 1,2,3,e...

auto copy self

Access 1.1 Data Base Migration to Access 2002
I have an older IBM Activa running Access 1.1 under Win 95, with a single 10 columns x 950 records table. I also have a new Dell running XP and XP Professional. There is no physical connection between the two PCs. I am told by Microsoft Support that only Access 97 (release 8.0), and later, are suported by Access 2002. I really do not want to retype all that data for this wine cellar inventory! If I could get a copy of the Access 97 upgrade CD, I could upgrade the old 1.1 to 8.0, and then migrate the file to Access 2002 on the Dell. I would then kill the old Access, return the C...

Counting colored cells
I need to count the number of rows (or cells) that are are a particular color. ex: How many cells in column A are red? Daniel, You need a VBA function to do this. See the CountByColor function at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Daniel" <dcarlileaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0c9901c3886b$a55b7b20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to count the number of rows (or cells) that are are > a particular color. ex: How many cells in column A are > red? ...

Auto correct or Auto complete

Extracting data from workbooks. Help.
hello I have a situation where there are several workbooks, of variable name, contained within a folder on my hard drive. I have a master workbook in a folder higher up the same directory tree that I want to use to gather information from the other workbooks of variable names. The cell, A1, that I am interested in is on sheet "OnCall" in each of the workbooks of variable name. Is there any way that I can open the master workbook and then automatically extract the data from cell A1 in each of the other variable name workbooks? I hope that as clearer than mud? hopefully Tom Here&...

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

question about data from excel to work
I am trying to take input from an excel sheet and mailmerge it to word....the thing is I want to make it so from here on out ..if I change something in the excel sheet it automatically updates on word as well..if not a mail merger what can I use ? -- Pooja Kamdar Hi Pooja Kamdar, You can link the Word document to the Excel workbook, so that any changes in the Excel workbook will be reflected in the Word document. To do this: 1. copy the source range in the Excel workbook 2. in the Word document, use Edit|Paste Special > Paste Link and choose the paste format you wan...

How to save contents of cell range in an array?
In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? And how does one declare x()? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax dim x as variant x = Activesheet.Range("A1:L12").value Tim "John Uebersax" <jsuebersax@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ef21027-a145-4022-8940-843b4cf2c943@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents > (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? > > And how does one declare x()? > > ...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Data validation with a cell value linked to the same cell.
I Think that my post name is very confusing but I'll explain. I�m doing a data validation in cell f1 usig the data validation option the value entered in cell f1 need to be equal or greatter than th value in cell b2 and cell b2 is calculated with the formula =a2+c4-f1. What I'm trying to do is to prevent to enter a value in cell f1 tha I'll make cell b2 negative. But its not working, any suggetsions??? Thanks. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Change your CF criterion to Formula is = F1 <= (A2+C4) In article <rodolform.161w07@excelforum-n...

Deleting Data
I could really use some help here. I need to delete data without deleting formulas. I don't want to have to do it on a cell by cell basis. I would like to be able to select the entire sheet and then click a button like "clear contents" but leave all formulas and formats. Thanks Joel jnmobley@att.net Joel Select a cell on the sheet and go to Edit>Go to...>Special>Constants and press the delete button -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Joel" <jnmobley@worldnet.att.net> wrote in ...

Auto date

Auto-Alphabetize

substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi!=20 I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous=20 cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other=20 cell, for example: ........................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11........