I have a column which includes dates when items were purchased.  I have
used the DATEDIF function to find the number of years between that date
and today's date.  I now want to decrease the purchase amount 10% for
every year calculated via the DATEDIF function.

Any ideas, is this possible, why can't I think...?

--
Hunt&Peck
Hunt&Peck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32961

Hi!

= purchase_amount*(1-result_of_Datedif_formula/10)

A1 = some date
B1 = Datedif formula
C1 = purchase amount

=C1*(1-B1/10)

Biff

<Hunt&amp>; "Peck"
<HuntampPeck.25gf7a_1143674402.6555@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have a column which includes dates when items were purchased.  I have
> used the DATEDIF function to find the number of years between that date
> and today's date.  I now want to decrease the purchase amount 10% for
> every year calculated via the DATEDIF function.
>
> Any ideas, is this possible, why can't I think...?
>

> --
> Hunt&amp;Peck
> Hunt&amp;Peck's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32961
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=527873

0
biffinpitt (3171)

listview ...setting grid lines
hi all if I set the extended style as list.SetExtendedStyle(LVS_EX_GRIDLINES) then it Displays gridlines around items and subitems. but the problem is even though i have 2 or 3 rows then also it shows gridlines more than 2or 3( here 2 and 3 are number of rows) , that is grid lines are there in full client area. how can i set these to only the number of rows present. sorry for my english with regards Harish "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message news:OjJ2WYv9DHA.1648@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all > if I set the extended style as > list.SetExtende...

Restoring Settings???
Ok, I am still working on this matter where I try to open a link from existing online app, and the window is still minimized---not max as was the case usually. This problem seemed to develop after I up'd IE8/YM based on claim I needed to upgrade for better protection. When I went into log files, I saw a descript on "faulty app" for both IE8 and YM. I also found something on restoring setting to previous time. I remember doing this with the old "GoBack" program which I found very satisifying and easy to use. But I have never attempted this with Vista. I would r...

Remove Percent Sign Through Formating
Hi Frank: I did that before and I just forgot what the procedures. Is there anyone who knows? Thanks. Charles Hi you may stay in the original thread :-) also the procedure is again described in one or two of your other threads :-)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chalres Deng" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4e4b01c49104$befe73a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi Frank: > > I did that before and I just forgot what the procedures. > Is there anyone who knows? Thanks. > > > Charles > > > Hi Frank: I ...

Error Message when setting up full-text-search on Private and Public Mail stores
I am getting an error message that the directory entered (for the index location) was not found... The location is D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_PREDATOR\Projects "The system cannot find the path specified" I have restarted the MS Search service, and then the whole darn server... Any ideas? MS Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 Windows 2003 Server SP1 Thanks! ...

Setting Email Subject value same as regarding
Hi, In version 1.2, is it possible for us to customize the email subject so the value defined on regarding can be copied into Email subject? Thx, Carrie UNfortunately, there is no supported way to modify any of the activities within CRM v1.x. You could try adding some upsupported javascript though to the email forms to enable this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79C33DE1-870B-412C-87BD-535C31498DEC@microsoft.com... Hi, In version 1.2, is it possible for us to customize the email subject so the value...

Missing Settings TAB
Hi, bit frustrating I have set up MS CRM PRofessional in the prescribed manner. When I open outlook there is no settings option in hte navigation pane. The user that is signing in is set as System Administration the Restricted access button is off. I see everything else. Sales services marketing. Obviously without this Icannot set up any product lists. I must be doing something wrong but I can't see it. Any help would be gratefully recived. Regards Paul Hi Paul, This was one of my initial frustrations as well, and it is a limitation of the Outlook Client. The "settings" ...

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Outlook 2007 account settings
Hello, We just migrated to exchange 2008. The way we setup outlook profile is to accept default settings and it pulls all data from active directory. Now our exchange team is telling us not to that because one of the default settings is causing problems. In the Exchange settings on the connection tab 'Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP' under 'Outlook Anywhere' is checked. We need to un-check that option to get rid of the error. I don't want to have to call up users to walk them through it, or send them instructions and hope they do it correctly. Is...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

How do I set up a way to add up the number of lines used when cal.
I am doing a worksheet. On this chart I want to track the price of an object sold. Along with that I want to add up the number of the objects that have been sold, by just adding up the number sold in a column. Is there a way to do this, beside creating another column and putting a qty in it. It sounds like you want to use =countif() (if each object is singular) If you have quantities, maybe using =sumif() Debra Dalgleish has some nice counting/summing instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html Nixco wrote: >...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

setting up my msn.com email account in outlook
Does anyone know what i need to put in as my "incoming server" when setting up a new account in outlook, i have a msn.com account, ~ Thanks "Lorraine Knowles" <Lorraine Knowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEC8B899-5D64-4CFA-80A6-9CA93FC088F6@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know what i need to put in as my "incoming server" when > setting > up a new account in outlook, i have a msn.com account, ~ Thanks Outlook will do it automatically. Paid for MSN account or free one? If free, have you converted to a Live account, and you...

reviewing toolbar: setting track changes
Hello, In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? Thanks, Hanspeter Amend that could just be a MS Word function. Edward "liglin" <liglinlillibli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bdb31.0311130916.4467a272@posting.google.com... > Hello, > In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it > should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? > > Thanks, > Hanspeter Amend ...

Displaying data across columns
I need a arrange the data from a table across columns similar to a crosstab query, but the crosstab didn't work for me. Do anyone have any suggestions? Here is a basic breakdown of what I'm looking to do... I have a table with basically two columns: AcctID & AssocID. The AcctID could be listed once or several times depending on how many AssocIDs are related to each particular AcctID. What I need is to have the AcctID listed only once (as primary key) with the AssocIDs listed across. How can I achieve this. My first thought was to do it manually in Excel, but th...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Generating A Random Set
In my table I have a field labeled "Points Adjust." The data in the field can contain points that have been adjusted from 1 to 100,000. I need a query that will pull a random 10 that have had >0 and <20,000 points adjusted. I tried to set criteria =RAND()X,XX but this did not work. I do not wish to assign a random value, just pull random samples from the existing data. -- Michael SELECT TOP X YourFieldNames, ... Replace the "X" with the quanity of records you want. If your table has an autonumber field then you can use a calculated field to simulate a random n...

Percent column in Pivot report
Hi, I have a pivot report based on a query against a database. The query has 3 columns Gender, CntMale, CntFemale In the pivot report, I need to show the percent of Male, for which I believe I need to have the column display the value in the CntMale as a percent of the count of value in column Gender. I have tried various options in the "Value field settings" but cannot figure out how. Appreciate any help ! Thanks, NetNewbie - In the PivotTable field dialog box, click on Options>> then set Show data as: to % of and then choose your Gender column. If this does...

Pivot table across 8 sheets
Afternoon, I have a spreadsheet which contains 8 sheets, the same layout however for different customers as describe in the sheet tab title. I want to create a pivot table which source's all of these 8 pages so it has the Sheet title in the Row, the Date etc in the column and then Sum of cost as the data. Anyone know a way of doing the above, I know I can if I copy and paste all sheets into one sheet and pivot from that but I thought there would be a more efficient way of doing this. Many Thanks Adam ...

Set Imported Picture Wrap to Tight
Word 2007 I would like to be able to use a macro (assigned to QA toolbar) to set the format of a (manually) selected picture to WrapTight - one click instead of having to open the Format Picture Layout dialogue each time. Is this possible? Any help gratefully appreciated Piri On Error Resume Next Selection.InlineShapes(1).ConvertToShape Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapTight will work. http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

Windows firewall settings deployed via group policy
I'm trying to find the correlation between the settings I have defined on the WinXP SP3 clients and where/what those would be in Group policy/organizational units (sorry, I'm lacking in terminology here). I have the windows firewall enabled, but there are 2 programs that I need to let through for functionality. In the MMC, I have browsed to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Network, Network Connections, and then Windows Firewall. In define program exceptions, what is the string I put in there to specify these 2 programs to get through the firewall? &...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...