Another Error

I have this formula that keeps producing a "HD" in the destination cell H8 
even though it reads this way...
=IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8=""),"",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8=49),"NGP",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8<=48),"F",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8="R"),"R",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=85),"HD",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=75),"D",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=65),"C")))))))

So could someone help me to understand this formula or what I might be doing 
wrong.
0
DavidB1505 (59)
11/9/2006 4:56:02 AM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

8 Replies
760 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

Hazarding a plunge here .. 

Assuming the 35 interceding cells within Y8:BR8, ie cells other than the 11 
cells specified in your discontiguous range, for eg:  Z8, AD8:AK8, AM8:AV8, 
etc are just blank cells

Then possibly .. this might yield what you're after, in H8:
=IF(COUNTA(Y8:BR8)=0,"",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,"R")=11,"R",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,">=85")=11,"HD",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,">=75")=11,"D",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,">=65")=11,"C",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,49)=11,"NGP",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,"<=48")=11,"F","Undefined")))))))

H8 will return "Undefined" if your discontiguous range doesn't satisfy** any 
of the 7 conditions specified. I dug these 7 conditions out of your posted 
formula <g>, and re-arranged it carefully to be evaluated in the correct 
sequence, from left to right within the IF construct.  

**For example: if all 11 cells in your discontiguous range contain numbers 
between >49 to <65, what then is the desired return ? 
-- 
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"DavidB" wrote:
> I have this formula that keeps producing a "HD" in the destination cell H8 
> even though it reads this way...
> =IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8=""),"",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8=49),"NGP",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8<=48),"F",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8="R"),"R",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=85),"HD",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=75),"D",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=65),"C")))))))
> 
> So could someone help me to understand this formula or what I might be doing 
> wrong.
0
demechanik (4694)
11/9/2006 6:19:01 AM
Thanks Max for your time, really appreciated.
I should have briefly explained what I'm doing, sorry. This database thing 
is an assessment tracker for grading students, it has a bucket load of stuff 
involved within it's framework...and I might add that I've had a lot of help 
from people like yourself andothers from this discussion group. So as you can 
see I'm NOT Excel savvy.

Firstly, the other cells you asked about do contain other numbers/letters 
etc that are entered in at variuos times.
Secondly, numbers in the discontiguous range are also entered in at 
different times during the students course. This particular range reflects a 
co-assessment of several subjects. So H8 being where the result of my desired 
return should show when the right conditions are entered into the 
discontiguous range either HD or C or D or P or F or NGP etc.

Hope all that makes sense Max
Cheers
David 

"Max" wrote:

> Hazarding a plunge here .. 
> 
> Assuming the 35 interceding cells within Y8:BR8, ie cells other than the 11 
> cells specified in your discontiguous range, for eg:  Z8, AD8:AK8, AM8:AV8, 
> etc are just blank cells
> 
> Then possibly .. this might yield what you're after, in H8:
> =IF(COUNTA(Y8:BR8)=0,"",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,"R")=11,"R",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,">=85")=11,"HD",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,">=75")=11,"D",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,">=65")=11,"C",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,49)=11,"NGP",IF(COUNTIF(Y8:BR8,"<=48")=11,"F","Undefined")))))))
> 
> H8 will return "Undefined" if your discontiguous range doesn't satisfy** any 
> of the 7 conditions specified. I dug these 7 conditions out of your posted 
> formula <g>, and re-arranged it carefully to be evaluated in the correct 
> sequence, from left to right within the IF construct.  
> 
> **For example: if all 11 cells in your discontiguous range contain numbers 
> between >49 to <65, what then is the desired return ? 
> -- 
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> ---
> "DavidB" wrote:
> > I have this formula that keeps producing a "HD" in the destination cell H8 
> > even though it reads this way...
> > =IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8=""),"",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8=49),"NGP",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8<=48),"F",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8="R"),"R",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=85),"HD",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=75),"D",IF(AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8>=65),"C")))))))
> > 
> > So could someone help me to understand this formula or what I might be doing 
> > wrong.
0
DavidB1505 (59)
11/9/2006 10:19:02 PM
One work-around the restrictions faced here would be to simply link the 11 
discontiguous cols into another "helper" sheet where these could be placed 
together in a continuous range, then apply the suggested formula in H8 to 
point to these cols in the helper sheet.
-- 
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
--- 
"DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:876B2E08-C79D-42FB-8E6A-5859C5170A78@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Max for your time, really appreciated.
> I should have briefly explained what I'm doing, sorry. This database thing
> is an assessment tracker for grading students, it has a bucket load of 
> stuff
> involved within it's framework...and I might add that I've had a lot of 
> help
> from people like yourself and others from this discussion group. So as you 
> can
> see I'm NOT Excel savvy.
>
> Firstly, the other cells you asked about do contain other numbers/letters
> etc that are entered in at various times.
> Secondly, numbers in the discontiguous range are also entered in at
> different times during the students course. This particular range reflects 
> a
> co-assessment of several subjects. So H8 being where the result of my 
> desired
> return should show when the right conditions are entered into the
> discontiguous range either HD or C or D or P or F or NGP etc.
>
> Hope all that makes sense Max
> Cheers
> David


0
demechanik (4694)
11/10/2006 2:31:18 AM
Max

Is there any other way of doing this? Any thoughts on exactly why H8 is not 
reflecting what my formula is asking? And (sorry to ask this but...) how do I 
go about doing what you have suggested below? This is starting to become 
complicated...I think....

Cheers
David

"Max" wrote:

> One work-around the restrictions faced here would be to simply link the 11 
> discontiguous cols into another "helper" sheet where these could be placed 
> together in a continuous range, then apply the suggested formula in H8 to 
> point to these cols in the helper sheet.
> -- 
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> --- 
> "DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:876B2E08-C79D-42FB-8E6A-5859C5170A78@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks Max for your time, really appreciated.
> > I should have briefly explained what I'm doing, sorry. This database thing
> > is an assessment tracker for grading students, it has a bucket load of 
> > stuff
> > involved within it's framework...and I might add that I've had a lot of 
> > help
> > from people like yourself and others from this discussion group. So as you 
> > can
> > see I'm NOT Excel savvy.
> >
> > Firstly, the other cells you asked about do contain other numbers/letters
> > etc that are entered in at various times.
> > Secondly, numbers in the discontiguous range are also entered in at
> > different times during the students course. This particular range reflects 
> > a
> > co-assessment of several subjects. So H8 being where the result of my 
> > desired
> > return should show when the right conditions are entered into the
> > discontiguous range either HD or C or D or P or F or NGP etc.
> >
> > Hope all that makes sense Max
> > Cheers
> > David
> 
> 
> 
0
DavidB1505 (59)
11/10/2006 2:57:01 AM
Try this on a spare copy of your file ..

Rename the source sheet (with the discontiguous range) as: X

Name a new sheet as: Y

In Y,

Put in A1: =X!Y8

Put in B1: =X!AA8
Copy B1 to D1

Put in E1: =X!AL8
Put in F1: =X!AW8
Put in G1: =X!BJ8

Put in H1: =X!BN8
Copy H1 to I1

Put in J1: =X!BQ8
Copy J1 to K1


Then in X,

we apply the formula in H8 to point to the continuous range A1:K1 in Y

Put in H8:
=IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,0)=11,"",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,"R")=11,"R",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,">=85")=11,"HD",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,">=75")=11,"D",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,">=65")=11,"C",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,49)=11,"NGP",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,"<=48")=11,"F","Undefined")))))))

Note that there's a slight change required for the 1st IF check, viz:
IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,0)=11,"", ...

instead of:
=IF(COUNTA(Y!A1:K1)=0,"", ...

The above change is required since the link formulas in Y!A1:K1 will return 
zeros for blank source cells in X
-- 
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
--- 
"DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B48E5B67-861B-4CCC-BF08-B5D261E8CA09@microsoft.com...
> Max
>
> Is there any other way of doing this? Any thoughts on exactly why H8 is 
> not
> reflecting what my formula is asking? And (sorry to ask this but...) how 
> do I
> go about doing what you have suggested below? This is starting to become
> complicated...I think....
>
> Cheers
> David 


0
demechanik (4694)
11/10/2006 3:59:42 AM
Yes I have followed your instructions and sorry Max but H8 in sheet X only 
displays "Undefined" no matter what values I type in into 
Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8.

"Max" wrote:

> Try this on a spare copy of your file ..
> 
> Rename the source sheet (with the discontiguous range) as: X
> 
> Name a new sheet as: Y
> 
> In Y,
> 
> Put in A1: =X!Y8
> 
> Put in B1: =X!AA8
> Copy B1 to D1
> 
> Put in E1: =X!AL8
> Put in F1: =X!AW8
> Put in G1: =X!BJ8
> 
> Put in H1: =X!BN8
> Copy H1 to I1
> 
> Put in J1: =X!BQ8
> Copy J1 to K1
> 
> 
> Then in X,
> 
> we apply the formula in H8 to point to the continuous range A1:K1 in Y
> 
> Put in H8:
> =IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,0)=11,"",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,"R")=11,"R",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,">=85")=11,"HD",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,">=75")=11,"D",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,">=65")=11,"C",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,49)=11,"NGP",IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,"<=48")=11,"F","Undefined")))))))
> 
> Note that there's a slight change required for the 1st IF check, viz:
> IF(COUNTIF(Y!A1:K1,0)=11,"", ...
> 
> instead of:
> =IF(COUNTA(Y!A1:K1)=0,"", ...
> 
> The above change is required since the link formulas in Y!A1:K1 will return 
> zeros for blank source cells in X
> -- 
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> --- 
> "DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B48E5B67-861B-4CCC-BF08-B5D261E8CA09@microsoft.com...
> > Max
> >
> > Is there any other way of doing this? Any thoughts on exactly why H8 is 
> > not
> > reflecting what my formula is asking? And (sorry to ask this but...) how 
> > do I
> > go about doing what you have suggested below? This is starting to become
> > complicated...I think....
> >
> > Cheers
> > David 
> 
> 
> 
0
DavidB1505 (59)
11/10/2006 4:45:02 AM
It should work ok. Pl try again.

Type say, the number 49 into all 11 source cells in X, viz:
Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8.
and H8 should return: NGP

Enter the letter: R in all 11 cells,
H8 should return: R, and so on

Also, ensure that calc mode is not set accidentally to Manual. Click Tools > 
Options > Calculation tab
Ensure Automatic is checked
-- 
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:874CACD6-F8C6-457F-9A74-F4214FBD21B5@microsoft.com...
> Yes I have followed your instructions and sorry Max but H8 in sheet X only
> displays "Undefined" no matter what values I type in into
> Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8,AW8,BJ8,BN8,BO8,BQ8,BR8.


0
demechanik (4694)
11/10/2006 7:57:16 AM
Pl note that the correct final result is read-off in H8 only when all 11 
source cells are completely filled with numbers (or letter "R") or when they 
are completely cleared.

This is consistent with your original post's intents as expressed eg:
AND(Y8,AA8,AB8,AC8,AL8 ... =49)

Ignore H8's intermediate returns as the 11 source cells are progressively 
filled. Read off the H8 result only when the source is completely filled / 
cleared.
-- 
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
--- 


0
demechanik (4694)
11/10/2006 11:26:54 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

C00D11B3 error message
I have been using Media player for years, now have ver. 11, in the past two day, I have had a problem if I go to player and play some music stored on the hard drive, it works. I f I attempt to play something on the internet I get the error and then it won't play anything until I reboot the system. I thought it was a firewall issue, but can't figure out what it would be. I also have checked connect to the internet override, without success. I have recently changed routers to a linksys with Network Magic set to basic. I have no idea what is causing the issue. -- J P...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Error in exporting smartlists
We have created a set of smartlists and we are tying to export them to an XML file using smartlist builder export utility. When I try to export I get following error: Syntax error: 'SmartList_ID in ('BM_CONSOLTRANS','BM_FGPRODSUMM','BM_FMCLASS','BM_FMSTATUS','BM_FORMULA','BM_FORMULAS2','BM_GLTRX_BYBATC','BM_INPROCQCDTL','BM_INPROC'. inout anonymous table SLB_Export_Text_TEMP; inout anonymous field i_listview; local long ll_list_item; local integer i; local boolean lb_return; local string ls_column_value[100]; ...

error importing pst files
when trying to convert the old non-unicode PST file to a unicode PST file, I recieve a message that says "file folder pst already in use" and then it does not allow me to proceed. any ideas? -- Dono Since importing would never be the correct way to do this, one must wonder what you are doing and why. You provided no information. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dono" <Dono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6531522B-A602-497A-86F1-8911C99DD380@microsoft.com... > when trying to convert the old non-unicode PST file to a unicode PST file, > I ...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

4 #Error Lines in a Query
I have a query that will show any HorseID that does not have a ClientName but for some reason it has 4 records showing with #Error in ClientName, any Ideas how this can happen and how do I clear them? SELECT IIf(IsNull([HorseName]) Or [HorseName]='',[FatherName] & '--' & [MotherName] & ' -- ' & funCalcAge(Format('01-Aug-' & [DateOfBirth],'dd/mmm/yyyy'),Format(Now(),'dd/mmm/yyyy'),1) & ' -- ' & [Sex],[HorseName]) AS ClientName, tblHorseInfo.FatherName, tblHorseInfo.MotherName, tblHorseInfo.Sex,...

SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread
Please help me resolve the error listed below that I received yeseterday from one of my SQL Server 2005 database servers. Error: SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to process a new login or connection. Thanks, Joe K. (JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Please help me resolve the error listed below that I received yeseterday > from one of my SQL Server 2005 database servers. > > Error: > SQL Server failed with error code 0xc0000000 to spawn a thread to > process a new login or connection. That looks bad. Do you ...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

error code 8024402c
Good day ive got windows vista ultimate when i try to do updates the error 8024402c comes up ive tryed so many sugestence but i can't came write can some one please try and help me -- pflutske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pflutske's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/165746.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1284427.htm http://forums.techarena.in "pflutske" <pflutske.43ic3c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:pflutske.43ic3c@DoNotSpam.com... > > Good day ive g...

Error Message in IE8 "Sysfader : iexplore.exe Application Error"
Hi, I've suddenly started getting an error in Internet Explorer 8 when I view certain web pages (including the "new tab page"!!!) I don't have to click on anything, just open up the webpage. The error is : Sysfader : iexplore.exe Application Error The instruction at "0x3dc29edc" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read" I've tried switching off all visual effects in Windows, and running Internet Explorer with no Add-ons, but still get the same error. I've scanned for viruses and malware and have fo...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Error 2237
Hi! I have a form that is having some coding issues. When I use the copy record command I get run time error 2237. I deleted the lookup box on my form and tried the copy record button and had no problems. When I reinserted the lookup box, the error resumed. Here is all of the code on the form: Option Compare Database Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Or IsNull(Me.prjParentProjectID) Then Me.prjParentProjectID.Visible = False Else Me.prjParentProjectID.Visible = True End If End Sub Private Sub cmdClose_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdClose_Click DoCmd.Close...

Error 1026
Dear , We are using Window NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 ANd I find One Mail can't send into this Mail Server And Find Below Error Msg on Event Log Event ID: 1026 Source MSExchangeIS Private Type Warning Description An error occurred with the following call stack: EcDeliverMessage(): 0080040600 EcCreateMessage(): 0080040600 EcUnpackMDBEF(): 0080040600 EcMessageFromMDBEF(): 0080040600 EcAttachFromMDBEF(): 0080040600 EcMessageFromMDBEF(): 0080040600 Anyone Know Why and how to fix it Sean http://support.microsoft.com/...

Another question about IF(COUNTIF) checks in Excel
<Tiff1618@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:219EB429-F90A-406E-A208-5C787ED70467@microsoft.com... > > Hey again, > > > > Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase > > in a selection? > > > > I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every > > student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of > > looks > > like this: > > > > |Monday| > > Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) > > Per...

Error Message on Startup
When I Start Money 2004 i get the message "A file is needed to run the planner is either missing or corrupted . To resolve this problem reinstall and the reopen Money file. I reinstalled but the messsage is still there Using German XP HOme and UK Version of Money 2004 Michael In microsoft.public.money, Michael Schmitz wrote: >When I Start Money 2004 i get the message >"A file is needed to run the planner is either missing or corrupted . To >resolve this problem reinstall and the reopen Money file. > >I reinstalled but the messsage is still there > >Using G...

odd purchase order error
When adding an item to a PO (via "Quickscan" entry of a supplier's part # for it), Manager often warns that the supplier doesn't carry that item. I can easily override the warning and add the item. Why would Manager think this supplier doesn't have the item? It is correctly identifying WHICH item I want via the supplier part # (and a quick check on the item's properties verifies the part number is there). FYI, this is a supplier with only one entry in my suppler database (not one with multiple locations. Also, the supplier IS identified on the Header of the PO...

Another If/Ten
HI all. Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that column equals today() would like cells from that row to fill in another sheet. Is this possible? Any ideas on how to make that happen?? Thanks. Flue. Maybe you can use format|Conditional formatting. Select the range to color (I used A2:X999). With A2 the activecell, I did: format|conditional formatting formula is: =($a2=today()) and give it a nice format Brian Bennett wrote: > > HI all. > > Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that > column equal...

How can I open a file saved in another version of Publisher?
I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. YvetteR wrote: > I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the > message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different > version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher > 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. More than likely, this file was created in Publisher 2002 or 2003. Y...

Another Gag thread
What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. The mayor of New Orleans was asked about his position on Roe vs. Wade. He said he didn't really care how people got out of the city. -- * "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B46FD0D-3AA8-4D81-B90A-3FB512EE1F8F@microsoft.com... What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. By looking at a picture of a person, you have to decide if he is a computer geek or a serial k...

kernell32.dll error
I am getting an error message when I shut down outlook 2002. It reads: Outlook has caused an error in Kernel32.dll. Outlook will now close. WHATS THE OS? >-----Original Message----- >I am getting an error message when I shut down outlook 2002. It reads: >Outlook has caused an error in Kernel32.dll. Outlook will now close. > > >. > ...