--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com...
> give me complete formula

0
bob.NGs (282)

How do I download online citations into Word 2007 (References)?
I'm using the Word 2007 References feature to manage my bibliographies. I've been entering author, title, etc. manually. Is there a way to export/download citations directly from academic journal databases directly into the Word Reference manager so I don't have to do this manually? It sure would help when managing many sources! Usually, when in these databases, you can choose to download the citation into a citation manager, but Word is never on the list. It's RefWorks, EndNote, etc. It's probably something really simple, right? Thanks for your help!...

Budget amounts are doubled
Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to correct these and it won't let me. For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just bounces me back to the budget. Any ideas? Is the budget amount correct next month? Changes to budget items are made to the next budget period and not the one in progress. If it's wrong *every* month, then you might be better off starting a new budget. -- Glyn S...

Word is starting when Outlook does
I think something was changed when I upgraded to Windows XP. Now when Outlook starts it starts Word. Word is my email editor but this is a little annoying. When it's starting it fires off with the "run macros" dialog box. Isn't there supposed to be a MSWord executable that starts on login and runs as a background app? Thank you, Shawn G'Day Shawn, When (Office) Outlook starts Word as its Editor, it usually starts a 'hidden' instance of Word - i.e. Word runs WITHOUT its normal 'Window'. However, if Word needs to communicate with the User (You) then th...

Myst Technology Word 2007 ORS add-in
A 2007 Element K course book calls for adding the Myst Technology services "FindWhatORS" to the Research Task Pane in Word 2007. Unfortunately it is not available. Did Microsoft delete the service? Have you tried asking MyST Technologies about their add-in? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C0F022ED-B548-4A4C-B758-51D39E37C71B@microsoft.com... >A 2007 Element K course book calls for adding the Myst Technology servi...

Outlook Express and Word Documents received
I am currently in serious need of reciving MicrosoftWord documents via my email and for some reason outlook express is deleting all the attachments as they come in before I can look at them, how do I adjust the settings??? b Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

How to add amount to a cell based on category and month
I have a list of expenxe categories and by month along the top. How can I write the sumif function based on two criteria from drop-down list(one list is Expenses and the second list is the Months) and the third (Amount) cell would be where I input an amount to be added into the table: Expenses month amount Fuel JAN _______ Expenses JAN FEB MAR Trucks/Auto Fuel 348.23 Oils 35.99 Maintenance 298.33 Parts 59.21 DMV 745.87 -- so many functions...!?!?!?!?!?!? If you are trying to fill a matr...

putting a quote in a cel as a result of a formula
Hi is it possible to replace the nr 4 with a " in this formula? I just want to put a " in the cel Thanks! =IF(D100<>0;(IF(L100=K100;"4";IF(L100<K100;"m";"k")));"") Do you mean this? =IF(D100<>0;(IF(L100=K100;"""";IF(L100<K100;"m";"k")));"") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "kyrbi" <kyrbi@datoeternietoe.com> wrote in message news:Kz%Vd.28618$oB5.3036261@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > Hi is it possible to replace ...

How do I highlight a word or sentence within Excel?
Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to hightlight certain text. Thank you. You can select the words (or characters) in the formula bar, then use Format|cells to change some formatting. This won't work if the cell contains a formula or contains real numbers. It has to be text. cands wrote: > > Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't > want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to > hightli...

how to copy word document to excel
When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop? Thanks! What are you pasting, exactly? Obviously, tabular data or actual tables would be suitable for Excel, while text paragraphs are more difficult to deal with. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LM" <LM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45AAC4E4-29F1-40E2-BE30-C572B57E29A0@microsoft.com... > When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between > each > line of the Word ...

Word trouble
Typed word document in Word 2007 and opened it up in Word 2000 but it didn't open correctly. How can i open this doc in Word 2000 without downloading Word 2007 on computer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have you installed the Compatibility Pack? See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC7BB516-AE6...

No copy-paste between Word 2008 and ChemDraw
Word 2008 does not retain the structural information when a chemical structure copied from ChemDraw (cambridgesoft) is pasted in a doc. If you recopy de structure in the word document, it is pasted as a image (no editable) in the ChemDraw file. <br> There is no such problem in Word 2004 or X. Try Edit>Paste>Special... What options do you get? On 23/01/08 11:53 PM, in article ee8a19c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "cepi@officeformac.com" <cepi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Word 2008 does not retain the structural information when a chemical structure > copied f...

IF logic formula
Is there a formula that would allow the following: the entry of 6 variables (a, b, c, , 1, 2, 3) into cells A1 through A6 as either single entries (a..b..c..etc) or multiple entries with a maximum of 3 variables (ab..ac3..etc) that will result in an "X" inserted into cell A12 -- rwfster No, a formula only returns a result to its parent cell. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "rwfster" <rwfster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF797521-EBFA-40C3-B584-0A92F8BB49AE@microsoft.com... > Is there a formula that would allow the follo...

Help me with formula
I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across. EX. A B C D E F G ---------------------------------------------- 1 500 25 75 800 (200) 2 3 4 5 6 7 My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this : Column A+B+D-E=G I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer. I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone. -- thatsall ------...

Calculate the amount of time over a permitted amount (12 hours)
Hi I would like to calcualte the time over a permitted amount and display it in a cell. Column C is the start time dd/mm/yy hh:mm and Column L is the finish time dd/mm/yy hh:mm. The alloted time is 12 hours for the job and and need column M to show the amount of time used over the 12 hours. Many Thanks. =MAX(L2-C2-"12:00",0) and format as time,[h]:mm -- HTH Bob "Steve M" <SteveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909E493A-ED55-40A3-9406-6588A333F281@microsoft.com... > Hi > I would like to calcualte the time over ...

Search a range of cells for a specific word
I want to search every cell in a column until I get to a cell that has a sentence that starts with the word "Disclaimer:" How would I write code for that? Use edit>find>find>"Disclaimer". Record a macro while doing -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Bishop" <Bishop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF1DFB02-5A16-454F-A655-5B07AA69F96C@microsoft.com... >I want to search every cell in a column until I get to a cell that has a > sentence that starts with the word "Dis...

how do I reset a word page to the original margins?
How do I reset a .dot file to the original format that I had when originally loaded my Word 2003?? You can do this by renaming Normal.dot, but see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for advice on preserving customizations. If all you need to change is the margins, then you can do this without renaming Normal.dot. Open a new blank document. In Page Setup, without making any other changes, set top and bottom margins to 1", sides to 1.25", then click the Default... button and answer yes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into...

Sheet References in a formula
I have the following formula that does exactly what I need - thanks to J.E. McGimpsey. =H48/INDEX (B8:K8,COUNTA (B8:K8)) *100. This works fine on the same sheet but now I need to work between sheets. The H48 reference is on Sheet 2 and the B8:K8 range is on Sheet 1. How do I correctly insert the reference to Sheet 1 in this formula? Thanks. RH Try: =H48/INDEX(Sheet1!B8:K8,COUNTA(Sheet1!B8:K8))*100 In article <1630F290-C2C6-474B-82A6-0A34A3EBBC77@microsoft.com>, "Randy Hunt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the following formula that d...

Entering a Formula / Wrong value
I have inserted a new column into the work sheet called column D, I have named the cell D1 Service. In cell D2 I enter the formula =(TODAY()-E2)/365 and should come up with the Value 4.9 in D2 and them drag the fill handle down 14 cells to compute the rest of the length in the new column D. But in cell D2 I keep getting the Value 9.58989, I have tried reducing the # of decimals and also widening the with of the new column D, but with no luck. As a new Excel user can someone give me a tip on how to trouble shoot this situation? I get 4.9 if E2 contains 31 December 2002 or 9.58989 if...

Word AppleScript Reference
A 526-page Reference for Word AppleScript has just been released: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/resources.aspx?pid=asforoffice This looks _very_ impressive indeed on first glance. 526 well-organized pages! This is going to make a HUGE difference to Word's being scripted. And references are expected for the other apps too, according to the web site. There are sample scripts there too. -- Paul Berkowitz MVP MacOffice Entourage FAQ Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/index.html> AppleScripts for Entourage: <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Please &q...

How to remove dots between words in Word
These dots are there between words when constructing a document. They are annoying more than anything. I want them gone. How? Can anyone advise me? Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button on the toolbar. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm for why you might want to see those characters. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:09:01 -0800, Dot removal <Dot removal@discussions.microsoft.co...

Excel Formula's #2
I started having this problem once in awhile and now it's almost constant. When I attempt to add a formula, any formula, to a data-filled spreadsheet, I end up with the formula itselt in the cell instead of the results of the formula. Yet, if I copy just the data I'm referencing, and not the whole sheet, onto a blank sheet and re-create the formula, I will (not always) get my results the first time and can then copy and paste the results into my full worksheet full of data. For instance, if I'm trying to use =CONCATENATE on columns F & G in a full spreadsheet, I end u...

once you have an amount in a cell how do you get that amount to i.
How do you get an amount already in a cell that had been formatted to increase by say 500 Place 500 in a blank cell, edit|copy the cell with 500, edit|past special|add on the cell you want to change "jillingore" wrote: > How do you get an amount already in a cell that had been formatted to > increase by say 500 Jill, You can add 500 to a cell by typing 500 in a blank cell, copying that cell, then selecting your cell that you want to increment and: right-click, select Paste Special, then click "Values" and "Add" and then press OK. You can do t...

Outlook locks up completely
The only issue I have is that Outlook locks up as soon as it tries to connect with the email server. I was running an old version of Office Professional which included Outlook. I think I’ve done every trick in the book. Nothing has been changed, no new software etc. Windows updates daily. I just got up yesterday and it was locked up. I rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled. When you look in task manager there doesn’t seem to be an obvious culprit in processes chewing up memory. Everything is ok with my email account. Today I had the brainstorm of updating the software and Mic...