Advanced Excel Drop downs, with limitations

Thanks to all for the SUPER informative answers on the questions!

I have found most solutions to the questions that make me chase coffee all day. But I have a new one.
I have created a spreadsheet , and included the drop down menus by using the data-validation-settings method I found in a  post a few threads ago. But I am running into two problems.
1) I only want one cell, a blank one, and I want to have users go in and click on the drop down menu, and have about 15 choices.  Then I want them to be able to move to another cell, and repeat. How can this be done

2) I have noticed that when a choice has been made from my drop menus, the next time I go in to make changes, that choice has vanished. And If I change the values of the cells in  my original, they do not return. How can I get around this? PPPPPLEASE help me!

Thank you in advance

-Still learning
Rightmer
0
Rightmer (11)

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to do but have a look at

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Rightmer" <Rightmer@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Thanks to all for the SUPER informative answers on the questions!
>
> I have found most solutions to the questions that make me chase
coffee all day. But I have a new one.
> I have created a spreadsheet , and included the drop down menus by
using the data-validation-settings method I found in a  post a few
threads ago. But I am running into two problems.
> 1) I only want one cell, a blank one, and I want to have users go in
and click on the drop down menu, and have about 15 choices.  Then I
want them to be able to move to another cell, and repeat. How can this
be done?

> 2) I have noticed that when a choice has been made from my drop
menus, the next time I go in to make changes, that choice has vanished.
And If I change the values of the cells in  my original, they do not
return. How can I get around this? PPPPPLEASE help me!

> Thank you in advance,
>

> -Still learning,
> Rightmer

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Linking Excel Into Access Issue
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel sheet. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I wa...

Excel.Application object
Hi, is there a way to use the Excel.Application ActiveX object on server side (I mean in ASP) without installing Excel itself? What I'm thinking about is if it is enough to copy a dll onto the server or something similar. Are there maybe other objects to manipulate Excel files? (I need only basic functionality, i.e. opening a file, modifying some cells, thing like this.) Thx, Gus "Agoston Bejo" <gusz1@freemail.hu> wrote ... > is there a way to use the Excel.Application ActiveX object on server side (I > mean in ASP) without installing Excel itself? > Are ther...

Weird problem with Excel 2000...Worksheets disappearing in a shared Excel file
Hello All, This is my first time posting in any Usernet group. We have an issue at work where multiple worksheets would disappear in a shared Excel file randomly. We are running Excel 2000 with about 10 users accessing and update these four shared spreadsheets. Every few days or so, I would get users complaining that two worksheets have disappeared. I checked to make sure that they are not hidden and also they are unable to delete the worksheets since we password-protected it. People would have to unprotect the worksheet, then unshare it before they can actually delete the worksheet. Do...

is it possible for a excel document to copy cells to another excel
I have created a timesheet in Microsoft Excel 2003 I have now created several mini timesheets with indiviual employees names on. I want an employee to update there mini timesheet which will automatically update the main original timesheet. currently i have all the excel documents open and in the main timesheet i am putting in each cell = the cell from one of the mini timesheets which is taking several hours. is there a quicker way? i if this should of been posted in a differnt place could you please tell me Hi Excel can not copy stuff TO locations. She can only copy FROM places to wh...

How do I graph a quarterly time-series in Excel?
How do I graph quarterly data which appears in Excel with gaps between the mon this, like the first, and second columns below (the third column is monthly): Do I have to clean the data first, or is there a trick? 579.836 721.12 567.86 117.45 95.398 23412 _ _ _ 120.08 _ 23913 _ _ _ 120.83 _ 25196 586.415 732.82 575.79 121.24 _ 34446 _ _ _ 121.7 _ 26057 _ _ _ 122.04 _ 31790 584.511 738.72 580.24 122.16 _ 28815 _ _ _ 122.27 _ 30638 _ _ _ 122.29 _ 15793 594.252 744.45 587.69 122.44 _ 22563 _ _ _ 122.28 _ 27764 _ _ _ 122.25 _ 24114 597.912 750.01 589.68 122.12 100 18023 _ _ _ 124.94 _ 22988 _ _...

EXCEL Columns headers
When I open Excel Rows and Columns are both located by numbers. How to get Columns headers located by letters and Rows located by numbers? Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jean-Yves" <jycatry@camnet.com.kh> wrote in message news:0cec01c381f0$b337d260$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Excel Rows and Columns are both located by > numbers. How to get Columns headers located by letters and > Rows located by numbers? ...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

Formulas in Excel
Hi I am not sure how to word this but here goes, I would like to be able to enter a w-4 withholding exemption (single and 1 or married and 2, etc.) and have excel calculate this change automatically. Would this be an IF formula? Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Life, Love and Happiness Give us some figures or a bit for information as anything can be an IF statement, a simple =A1+B1 can be If=(A1<>"",A1+B1,"") or an if and If=(And(A1<>"",B1<>""),A1+B1,"") etc. so as you can see we need a little more info! -- The...

Mail Merge from Excel To Publisher
My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? Format the field as text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cbrock" <cbrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D555C38-8A3D-4CEF-9683-B9FD80AFAA9E@microsoft.com... > My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it > transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? ...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

cannot insert object in excell 2007
I cannot insert MSHFLXGD in excell or access 2007 ...

Flight Sim in Excel?
I know there is a flight sim in excel 97, is there one in 2002? Justin, The "Flight Simulator" was only in Excel 97. There's a less impressive easter egg in Excel 2000. If you have Web Components, I'm told you can get a racing game Excel 2000. Apparently there's no easter egg in Excel 2002. Do a web search for Excel easter egg. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "justin4002" <justin4002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CD480A8-67C1-487D-910F-3E4591E55DC7@microsoft.com... >I know there is a flight sim in excel 97, is there on...

Excel Graphics
Does anyone know how to save Graphics done in Excel to images and use in other applications like photoshop? This article includes a description and a free utility you can use: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/enhanced-export-chart-procedure/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/ GarageGuy wrote: > Does anyone know how to save Graphics done in Excel to images and use in > other applications like photoshop? ...

Excel Pivot Table
Hi, I have a file which contains several pivot tables, when I save the file and reopen it for some reason it opens with all but one of the sheets as a normal table as opposed to a pivot. Has anyone experienced this before/ has a solution to my problem? Thanks What version of Excel are you using, 2007? Are you really saying that the pivot tables convert to Excel Tables? The structure and layout of these two objects is entirely different. You can get a table from a pivot table by double click the grand total cell but that table is on a different sheet. -- If this helps, please cl...

export email recipient addresses to excel
I need to know how to export email recipient addresses to excel. I am using Excel and Outlook 2003. My boss wants a list of email recipients we send email to... Thank you!!! And where exactly are these addresses stored now in Outlook? Contact folder? Within a message? Within multiple messages? Tried the Export function already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ca...

How do I turn off Autocorrect in Excel 2007
Where are "Tools" located and how do I turn off AutoCorrect? go to Office Button|Excel Options|Proofing and click on 'Autocorrect Options' button and change the settings you want to change... "Turk" wrote: > Where are "Tools" located and how do I turn off AutoCorrect? Office button>Excel Options>Proofing I don't think you can turn it completely off but you can delete entries that annoy you when they get autocorrected! -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Turk" <Turk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118CAE4B...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

How to maximize the Excel window?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window whenever I open excel? I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened. Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

Outlook 2007
I would appreciate anyone advising me as to how to export emails from Outlook to Excel so I get columns, for example: 'to', 'subject', 'date' (I want to insert more columns once the emails are in Excel.) Maybe comma limited file .csv ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!! Tried the Export feature already? It allows you to export to various file types including xls and csv. An alternative method can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlo...

Excel Data Manager Tool?
I'm currently performing data analysis on a group of related Excel spreadsheets that have grown over time. All of the spreadsheets contain numerous tabs with multiple references to other tabs and other spreadsheets. Performing analysis on these spreadsheets has been difficult because of the labyrinth of complex data relationships. Can someone advise on whether there is an Excel tool available in the marketplace that can do what 'Enterprise Manager' does for a SQL database? Basically, I'm looking for a tool that can document the data relationships within a set of ...

How to access Excel-Sheets from outside Excel ?
I am searching for a tool which enables me to retrieve the contents of a certain cell from outside Excel through the command line. I would like to call this utility at the command line, pass a cell identification and will get the contents e.g.: D:\temp>getfromexcel.exe myexcelsheet.xls "23,G" 1234.45 Does such a tool exist? Markus ...

Unable to edit Excel spreadsheet
User gets a error message: revised master index is locked for editing by (company name), when he edits the Excel spreadsheet. Hi John, Sounds like a Shared workbook, Tools, Sharing Question is is the workbook used by only one person so that sharing might be unintentional. Shared workbooks have a revision history. There is an option to allow updating by more than one person at a time. Locked for editing by company name is probably the name that person chose under tools, Options, General for username. You may also see this preset by the computer manufacturer. --- HTH, David McRi...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

round buttons in Excel?
Hey all -- I am setting up a complicated Excel workbook with an opening menu page featuring buttons leading to specific areas of interest. That part I have down cold -- my question is, do buttons have to be rectangular? To fit with departmental preferences I'd like to create a series of oval buttons. Any suggestions? > That part I have down cold Great -- in that case, just use stuff from the Drawing toolbar instead of a button (eg: an oval and a text box grouped). HTH, Andy ...