Advance Filter can be based on cell Color in Microsoft Excel

In MicroSoft Excel, Advance Filter (Data->Filter->Advance Filter) feature can
be enhanced. New feature that we can introduce is to do Advance Filter based
on Font/Highlighted Color.

e.g. If in excel I have 10 Rows and 3 rows font color is RED and 7 rows font
color is GREEN then using Advance Filter option we can apply filter based on
Font Color or Highlighted Color.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=999c5cf4-7a35-414c-94c9-af63aa7bf0bf&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers
0
Singhal (1)

In Excel 2007 this is possible now

You can try my Filter add-in for older versions
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Prateek Singhal" <Prateek Singhal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In MicroSoft Excel, Advance Filter (Data->Filter->Advance Filter) feature can
> be enhanced. New feature that we can introduce is to do Advance Filter based
> on Font/Highlighted Color.
>
> e.g. If in excel I have 10 Rows and 3 rows font color is RED and 7 rows font
> color is GREEN then using Advance Filter option we can apply filter based on
> Font Color or Highlighted Color.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=999c5cf4-7a35-414c-94c9-af63aa7bf0bf&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers

0
rondebruin (3789)
8/22/2007 1:10:35 PM
I love it when this happens <bg>

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message
> In Excel 2007 this is possible now
>
> You can try my Filter add-in for older versions
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Prateek Singhal" <Prateek Singhal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:999C5CF4-7A35-414C-94C9-AF63AA7BF0BF@microsoft.com...
>> In MicroSoft Excel, Advance Filter (Data->Filter->Advance Filter) feature
>> can
>> be enhanced. New feature that we can introduce is to do Advance Filter
>> based
>> on Font/Highlighted Color.
>>
>> e.g. If in excel I have 10 Rows and 3 rows font color is RED and 7 rows
>> font
>> color is GREEN then using Advance Filter option we can apply filter based
>> on
>> Font Color or Highlighted Color.
>>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=999c5cf4-7a35-414c-94c9-af63aa7bf0bf&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers

0
terre081 (3244)

Changing font colors
I want to create a document with the font color changing from one color to another and another and etc., etc., say starting with blue and ending in red, going to through multiple colors without just changing the color of one word and then another. I want gradiated colors, if that makes sense On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:13:02 -0800, Ken's questions <Ken's questions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to create a document with the font color changing from one color to >another and another and etc., etc., say starting with blue and ending in red, >going to...

Failure to lanch Excel of Office 97
I installed an English version of Office 97 sp2b in a Chinese Windows XP Pro. All components are working correctly except Excel. When I open Excel, the system asks me to close down due to error. The error message was incorrect signature: AppName: excel.exe, AppVer: 8.0.1.5618, ModName: vba332.dll,ModVer 3.0.0.7019, Offset: 000b66ff. I reinstalled several times without success. Actually, it worked correctly when I used it in my old computer running Chinese Windows ME. Can someone tell me the possible bugs and fixes Thanks, Ray ...

filter by selection 08-23-07
Why I can't make filter by selection on subform on Main Form ...

Counting lines when using a filter
After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to get an accurate count of how many rows are shown by either clicking and dragging the mouse over the selection or clicking on the first row and then shift-click on the last row? Thanks in advance, Hagan How about using SUBTOTAL function -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hagan" <hagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9264E3D-5869-4371-BED7-0DBF18712832@microsoft.com... > After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to > get an ...

microsoft office 2007 publisher
I think I deleted microsoft office publisher by accident. I went to open a document for school with microsoft word and it would not let me. How do I correct the problem? Valerie wrote: > I think I deleted microsoft office publisher by accident. I went to > open a document for school with microsoft word and it would not let > me. How do I correct the problem? ============================= I'm sure you are aware Publisher and Word are two different apps...what is the extension on the file you cannot open? -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Noti...

Web Based UI
Hi, Does MsCRM have any web based UI? We need our sales team access to the CRM database from the internet, Is that possible? Thanks, Ali Yes. You should be able to go to http://[servername] to get to the web interface. Sometimes you need to enter http://[servername]/loader.aspx first to get the browser to load it properly. The web interface is much faster than the Outlook interface. Paul "A.M" <IHateSpam@sapm123.com> wrote in message news:exA8OkP4DHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does MsCRM have any web based UI? > We need our sales team access t...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

Can't close with title bar
The only way to close it is to click file, exit. What happens if you click the X to close it? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "david" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007501c3a7a0$f1149610$a101280a@phx.gbl... > The only way to close it is to click file, exit. The X is greyed out and unavailable. >-----Original Message----- >What happens if you click the X to close it? > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"david" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:007501c3a7a0$f11496...

Can't reboot after installing Service Pack 3
I have a 3 year old HP desktop, running Windows XP. I had to do a PC restore due to a virus (PC restore lost all my docs and images, dang it). I reloaded my Office Professional 2000 (I need Word and Excel), and then downloaded and ran Microsoft upgrade Service Pack 3. All went very well until I tried to restart. The computer will not boot up. It tries and tires and tires until I finally turn it off. I've done this twice with the same outcome. I use AVG 9.0 wnen you call HP they till you too restore! and how to Kill that virus ? Did you Click on Windows Update ...

OL2003
Howdy y'all, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you would be able to get online updates to the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003. I can't find anything on officeupdate or in the help files about obtaining junk mail filter updates. The reason I ask, is over the past two weeks, I've noticed a dramatic increas in the number of junk mails that get by the built in filter. Some of them are obvious, like Subject: "Hey how are fdlakjdls " Emails like this used to get captured. Now I'm having to "Add Sender to Junk Mail list" wh...

count number of entries in cell
Hi, I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cel A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is there inbuilt function to do that or what would a macro to do that loo like. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are all your entries separatet by a comma. If yes try =LEN(A15)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A15,",",""))+1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cell > A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is the...

0x80004005 connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory
I am looking for some suggestions/guidance to an issue I am having. I am working on configuring a 2 node active-passive cluster. The OS is Windows 2003 Server Ent. with SP1. I have the cluster working properly and failover for the base cluster group and MSDTC are working properly. I have installed Exchange 2003 Ent. on both cluster nodes along with SP1. Everything starts fine on NODE1. However, on NODE2 only the System Mgmt service and the System Attendent service start. When I attempt to start the InfoStore I get the above error along with Event ID 5000's and Event id 7024. I have che...

Mail Merge from Excel To Publisher
My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? Format the field as text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cbrock" <cbrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D555C38-8A3D-4CEF-9683-B9FD80AFAA9E@microsoft.com... > My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it > transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? ...

Cell reference #6
Hey, I wanted to ask what technique excel uses for referencing? Excel refers to cells using either Column and row numbers, such as for example A1 or Cells(1, 1), or else by using range names you create. So for example you can select a particular cell (eg G15), or group of cells (say G15:K18), and name it "Sales" without the quotes. A more detailed question would get you a better answer though? -- Hth Kassie Kasselman Change xxx to hotmail "Vick" wrote: > Hey, > > I wanted to ask what technique excel uses for referencing? ...

cannot send in windows mail, but i can receieve it
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'stuff!', Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E When you got that error was your Internet connection being obtained from Optonline, or were you using a laptop away from home? If sending from home, Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermole...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

Run a command based on info in other cells
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will retrieve my network info from my DNS servers. Is there a way to retrieve an IP address from one cell and post it's DNS info (as grabbed by excel) into another cell? ...

Sorting filtered list on form with a Command Button
I have a form CLIENTLIST. When I open this form it runs the query qryClientLst. One of the fields in the query named ClientID has the criteria "Like [Enter Client Number]". When I open the form CLIENTLIST I'm prompted to "Enter Client Number". When I do the form opens and only the files with the client number I entered appear. So basically it's a filtered form. All of this works fine. I created a command button above the column ClientId on my form so my users can click on the button and sort Ascending or Descending. Below is my code for this. My only...

Can Windows Components written in VBScript contain other Components?
Can Windows Components written in VBScript contain other Components? Can the interface of the contained component be directly exported? -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com On 8/6/2010 3:23 PM, Peter Olcott wrote: > Can Windows Components written in VBScript contain other Components? > Can the interface of the contained component be directly exported? > It looks like the answer to this question is yes, just like other COM components, WSC can include other components. -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com ...

Excel-merged cells cutting off text
I have multiple merged cells in one worksheet. The two largest cell that run the entire length of the page are cutting off the last fe lines in both cells. It looks like the margins within those cells hav been changed and are just extending the margins; in other words, no recognizing the "wrap text" function. I have all rows and columns widths set manually (not on AutoFit). Can't figure out why portions are being cut off. Any suggestions? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See one guess at your other post. "ToddBennett <" wrote: > &g...

cells
what does a range of cells mean? what r the 2 different formats you can choose to print a hard copy in homework please help At least you are honest. So we can recommend the archives. And to help you should get the add in from Ron de Bruin. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ "chris" <omegafirefox@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:0f1001c385f7$c91b9430$a001280a@phx.gbl... > what does a range of cells mean? > > what r the 2 different formats you can choose to print a > hard copy in > > homework please help Chris, A range of cells typically means one or m...

Calculation based on results of 2 expressions
I have a field called Reoffense Counter and a field called Counter, where Counter is the total count of all the records, and Reoffense Counter is the total of only those records where a new offense has taken place. Each of these fields contains a "1" where appropriate, so they can be counted. I want to find out what percentage of the records contain a Reoffense, so I think I would want to divide Reoffense Counter by Counter. I haven't been able to come up with the correct expression to use in my report. Can you help? In this query use your table and field name...

How to maximize the Excel window?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize teh excel window whenever I open excel? I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into standard. I cannot individually set each file with maximizing window property, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened. Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

How to filter lower case characters in an edit control?
Hi to all, I created a class that enherits from CEdit and overrode its OnChar() message handler to intercept the entered keys and filter only those that are lower case. It also verifies if an entered key is upper case to convert it to lower case and filter it. Everything works good except the conversion from upper to lower case. The problem is that even if the OnChar() handler does convert the character to lower case, the character is still displayed in the edit box as it was entered, i.e. in upper case. Please note that if I remove the line: "nChar = tolower(nChar);", the u...