Adding some values on a sheet???

Hello and thanks in advance. I'm working on a calculator for some Cable TV
plants designs. Here is what I need:

I'd like to have a drop down menu with several different values of design in
it. When I click on a value, I'd like it to insert some "value specific"
numbers on this type of chart below......

30 mhz=
Ch 5=
Ch 40=
Ch 78=
Ch 80=
Ch 116=

Any ideas on how I go about that and where to insert and store the info for
each type of "value"

Cheers!

Doug Strinz

Hudson Falls, NY
0
Dugholes (1)

Hi Doug Strinz,
Assume that you have a worksheet named 'master'. On this worksheet in Col A
list all your different design names and in Col B list the corresponding
value that you want to display.

Now create a named range from list in Col A by choosing menu insert-->Name

Go to your target worksheet and select the range, say A1 to A20. Go to menu
Data-->Validation and select List. In the 'source' text box hit F3, your
named range should be listed. Please select it and click on OK

In range B1 to B20 use vlookup to get the corresponding value.

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Dugholes" wrote:

> Hello and thanks in advance. I'm working on a calculator for some Cable TV
> plants designs. Here is what I need:
>
> I'd like to have a drop down menu with several different values of design in
> it. When I click on a value, I'd like it to insert some "value specific"
> numbers on this type of chart below......
>
> 30 mhz=
> Ch 5=
> Ch 40=
> Ch 78=
> Ch 80=
> Ch 116=
>
> Any ideas on how I go about that and where to insert and store the info for
> each type of "value"
>
> Cheers!
>
> Doug Strinz
>
> Hudson Falls, NY

relative reference to previous sheet in formulas?

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

freeze values
XL2000 I made a sheet that helps me do estimates based on several different products and lengths. everything works perfectly but one little detail When I input some sizes, excel does its thing, and give me all the information in six separate cells. Problem is, in six cells just below I need to estimate basically the same product but with different sizes when I change the sizes all of the information changes on the first six cells Question is there away to freeze the first six cell information before I change the size for the next size cells Hi Alan AFAIK only be "removing&qu...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Change the size of the sheet? #2
I need only 30 rows, 7 columns in my worksheet, and I don't want more rows and columns to be present, even the row/column indicator at the left/top of the view (i.e. I don't want to see 31, 32, 33,... at the left border or H, I, J,... at the top). What should I do? Thanks. Did you try what I suggested? Follow the directions I gave you, and you'll get what you asked for! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------...

Incorrect Account Value
I'm using money 2003 and it seems that my account values for my investment accounts are incorrect. When I look in my portfolio the stocks and cash add up to the total account value (this figure is correct), but when I look at the totals on the main accounts list page the # is quite different. I understand that this number is coming from the account value total which is displayed when you click on view invetment transactions within each account, but this # is incorrect. Any suggestions?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, E M wrote: >I'm using money 2003 and it seems th...

Lookup sheet
I have a list of data on a sheet that goes in columns like this: Cust #,Name,invoice#,order#,po#,material desc,qty,sum. The data is 14k rows deep. I've tried to create a pivot table from this but there are too man columns. How can I go about creating a separate lookup formula on a separat page so if I type just the customer # it will bring up all of thei invoice#'s, order# ect. I have a feeling that it will involve a offset/vlookup but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not a formula but have you considered using 'data -...

multiple value choices for If range().value = "xxx"
The macro below runs on worksheet change and works properly. However, I have 5 values to examine in column H. The values are: Split, Payday 1, Payday 2, Payday 3, and Payday 4. Any of these choices should result in unlocking and clearing the cells in that row (first part of if statement). Otherwise, the range 'pasterage' is copied to that row and it is locked again. I can't find the proper syntax (if there is any) to say something like is possible in SQL (if ...value in ("Split","Payday 1",...)) Please advise on the best way to go about this. ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Extracting a list of individual values created with sum of values
Hello All, The following code sums values created using 2 ^ n for various invalid data. There is a method of then extracting the individual values from the summed total to identify the individual messages. I can’t remember how to do this and have not been successful in finding it so any help will be appreciated. I know there are other ways of creating the list of messages but I particularly want the code for this method. (The code below is simply an example. What I am really after is code to create an individual number to use as an argument/parameter in a different situation....

Accessing Picklist Values from Report
I am wondering if it is possible to (and if so, how) to access all possible values in a picklist attribute for a report. Obviously if I'm looking at any given object I see only the value with is currenlty selected for the picklist. But all the values for that picklist attribute have to be SOMEWHERE in a database table right? If anyone can send me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Debra You can use MetadataWebservice to get the picklist values. Sample code ========= EntityMetadata accmd = MetadataService.RetrieveEntityMetadata("account",EntityFlags...

Returning controls to their Original values
In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox appear telling them the record already exists. My problem is thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones. How can I do this? <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a14334f-eb16-4893-a8a8-aeaf6812ddf6@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that > already exist in the data table...

find duplicated lines in excel sheet
I have an excel sheet with text column. I wish to find and remove some duplicated lines. How can I do it? If I can do it with Excel? I've tried google for this task and found freeware tool for finding duplicated - http://www.aks-labs.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69 it was good for my task, but if I can do something better with Excel? Thank you! You could use conditional formatting for the column with duplicates. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#DupColumn Alan" <allangrlind@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1122245733.329829.213230@g43g2000cwa.googlegr...

null default values on a form
Hi, bet this question has been asked before: i have created a form so a user can add new records and edit existing ones. For editing purposes my form also has a search drop down by a record number. When i open the form it always shows me the first record from the table, but i just want it to be copmletely blank until a user choses his record for editing. If i change Form properties (Data Entry =Yes) it works but Search function does not work at all. Thanks Mike "Mikhail Bogorad" <mikhail.bogorad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:435afcee-9744-4f5e-8f95-232efa00c...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...