Adding Excel Sheets

Hi, ive just registered and hoping for some help please. I am making up
rotas for work on excel and need to add sheets at the bottom (one for
each week and so on). How do i get the sheets to become automatically
filled each time i open a new sheet, hence saving me to copy and paste
every sheet?

Thanks in advance

--
Migi

Adding items to existing PO from sales order
GP 7.5 I know that you can create a new PO for an item on back order from sales order processing, but what if you created a PO for an item, then 5 minutes later, have another order for the same item or an item from the same vendor. Why can we not choose an existing PO in the "Purchase" window of sales order processing? The only way I can see us doing this is to manually open up the PO, manually type in the item number qty site, then click on the link to sales order. This seems like a lot of work when the Autogenerate POs should do this by default. You should be able to link...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Newsgroup
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C596A9.0B0BF6A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there an Excel Pivot Table newsgroup or is it the one with excel = formulas/worksheet functions? ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C596A9.0B0BF6A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/h...

Excel to PDF w/ Data Tags
How would I go about printing an Excel Spreadsheet to a PDF? The PDF has some "Form Fields" in it and I need to assoicate cells in the spreadsheet to the "Form Fields". Is this possible? ...

Backgrounds in Excel #2
I want to be able to print the background in excel, and also when I PDF an excel file the background dissapears. How can I make it to print/view. Is there any way. Please help me. If there's a way to do it, would you please email me the steps to make it work. Thanks, Bianka ...

Moving data between sheets (tabs?)
Hi all, sorry for the potential newbie-question but I really didn´t know what to search for... I have an Excel 2003 file with 3 sheets (tabs) in it. All 3 sheets look the same but I would like the third sheet to only show the products bought on sheet 1 & 2. The first two sheets are the product-lists - which are pre-filled with product information and prices. One product for each row and the "F"-Column is where i will enter the amount of each product which has been purchased - default value is blank. However on the 3´d sheet i would like to collect all the produ...

Quick Excel download for homework assignment
I have a homework assignment which requires preparing an excel spreadsheet for a mortgage. I can't afford to purchase the program at this time. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a free download in order to complete this assignment? It can be an earlier version or a trial version of Excel, as long as I can print the spreadsheet to turn in. "starme" <starme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11E98603-2CE2-4409-848D-0D3F35D89B92@microsoft.com... > I have a homework assignment which requires preparing an excel spreadsheet > for a mor...

Excel default
I would like to change the default settings on opening Excel in a similar way in which you can do with Word by changing normal.dot. However, I cannot find a comparable file. I would appreciate it if someone could point the way. Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Bill Excel does not have a Normal.dot as Word has. There are several ways to customize Excel workbooks and worksheets. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Stor...

Dynamic copying of data to new sheets
I need to create a seperate sheet in an excel workbook that contains th information from a data sheet. There are multiple columns and I need to seperate the rows out tha match values in one column. Number Status Notes 1 Fail none 2 Pass none 3 Not Run none 4 Missing none I need to make a seperate sheet for fail, pass, not run, and missing. I would like these sheets to update automatically, as the data sheet i quite large and it would take sometime to update the information b hand. Thanks, Quirthano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Cant visible autoshapes(Circles, Rect) in sheet and also in print
I have created rectangles and circle(Drawing) in excel sheet. but i cant visble after creation and also not visible in my print preview. please help me. thanks in advance. kumar Wrote: > I have created rectangles and circle(Drawing) in excel sheet. but i > cant > visble after creation and also not visible in my print preview. please > help > me. thanks in advance. What you need to do, kumar, is to either go to the 'Format' menu, or right-click on the shape(s), then select "Format AutoShape". You will then see a dialog box with the following tabs: Colors...

new user not added to the global address list
I have Exchange 2003 Std and use Outlook 2003 as a client. I recently created a couple of new users and they have not yet "appeareed" in the global address list. I know that stuff and get cached locally so I have been patient. It's been couple of days and a couple of reboots since the users have been added. The check box for "Hide from exchange address lists" is not checked. What could I be missing? -Steve -- NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth are you running Outlook in cached mode? if you look up the user in ADUC, has it been stamped w...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

Is there a way to extract data from an internet webpage using VB in Excel
Id like to extract some data from a table on a page on the internet when the user clicks a button a spreadsheet. I could write the code that examines the html and extracts the data myself , but is there a VB routine that i can load the html document into memory so i can search through it to extract the data The webpage is just a plain html document with a table 1/2 way through with the information in it i want. Douglas Hi Douglas have you checked out data / get external data / new web query the functionality of this is slightly different depending on your version - so if you'ld like ...

Excel 2000 Font Drop Down Menu
I'm running Win 2000 SP4 with Excel 2000 SR1 and IE 5.01SP4 with the International Fonts package installed. When I use the Font Drop Down Menu in Excel, it displays all the standard installed fonts plus non English fonts: namely Arial, Courier New and Times New Roman in CE, CYR, Greek and TUR. I don't have this problem in any other application. Any ideas on how to correct this? Chas. verktyg@nospamski.aol.com ...

Expanding Excel
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong Excel section. I own a small chemical company that analyses various products for chemical impurities. I have a spectrophotometer connected to my PC that analyses the product and then exports the data into Excel and producs a graph. This is done via a plug-in for Excel produced by the spectro manufacturer. What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to have manually entered into Excel (or an Access Db) by myself, a library of information on all the impurities I come across during my daily business. I would then like to be able to overlay gr...

Formula in an Excel comment
If I have an item identifier in an Excel cell I would like to be able to see a summary of info about the item as a comment. As there will be many such identifiers possible in many rows, use of a formula in a comment to build the summary info from other cells/worksheets would be a big help. Even better would be if I could copy the comment from cell to cell so that the formula addressing automatically changes to suit the identifier in the new cell. ...

Excel file
I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any hope of me recovering the Excel sheet I replaced?? Carice I think that, in your heart of hearts, you know the answer to this question, don't you ? Yes / NO / Don't Know Have you backed it up recently ? That's your only chance Regards Trevor "Carice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A17345-9395-4373-AC22-26C9B13DAF08@microsoft.com... > I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any ...

Renaming Access Query used by Excel
We want to rename some Access queries that are used by an Excel file in an External database query. But when we rename the queries in Access, the Excel Query fails, because is doesn't recognize the renamed queries, and is still looking for the old query names. Is there an easy way to fix the Excel query so it is looking for the new query name? Thanks. I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure it will work. Don't rename the Access Query....Make a copy of it in Access and rename the copy. Then, in Excel, edit the query View the SQL code and replace the old query refe...

How to open 123 files with excel
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but not the 123 files. There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jeff B 813" <Jeff B 813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6799DB18-8FC1-4D2D-999D-A10C7BFFD7A4@microsoft.com... |A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to | open thes...

Excel: Question
Hi. I am using Excel 2007 in a vista premium home esition. I have 3 worksheets, Sales Order, Companys, Product. On the sales order, I have a box I want to call company ID #, I want to select the company and I want it to populate the Companies address, I have the following Addess, City, County, State, Zip. I would like a window to show me company ID and Name, and when I click on it I want to put the ID number in the cell and like I mentioned the address filled out. Now I would like to know where I can find more info on this so I can read about it and do it or else just some basic info...

2 questions
hey, im making a timeline plan for school, and when i enter the date such a 3/2/06 it autocorrects it and changes it to 03/02/2006 which i dont hav enough room for. is there a way so it doesnt automatically change it? and the other is ive already typed up my table, disregarding the fac that the grey lines between each cell dont get printed. so how do i ad these lines so when i print it it comes out as a table, and can customise these lines? thanks for your help -- FAJIT ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAJITA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

2005 Excel User Conference
Just a reminder about the 2005 Excel User Conference. Details can be found at: http://www.exceluserconference.com/ The conference will take place on Friday, September 16, 2005 - Saturday, September 17, 2005 and will be held at Stockyards Hotel Fort Worth, Texas USA. Mark your calendars and make plans to attend. This will be your opportunity to meet some of the regular posters and learn from some of the "masters". Don't miss out!! Everyone is welcome to help spread the word about this event. Messages posted in other forums in which you participate would be appreciated. We...

Excel's Dialog Box
Hi every body, I'm having trubles with excel's dialog box, I can creat and execute the excel dialog box, but when information is request by the dialog box and, so on answered by user, I don't know how to directionate the writen information, I mean, cut the info writen in the dialog box and paste it in one of the excel cell, ex. A2. Excel's dialog box is a lot of things. But assuming you have a "excel 5 dialogsheet" in your file. Insert a standard module if you don't have one already. Paste this macro into it: Sub WriteText() Sheets("Sheet1").Range(...

Need help with excel functions retrieving data
I hope someone may be able to help me out... I have a spreadsheet that is an output of all computers on our network and what applications are installed on them The spreadsheet is organized by all computer names listed in column A, and all software listed in column B. So, in column A, you will see multiple entries for each computer and in column B, you will see a different software name in each of the rows next to the computer name in column A. On another sheet, I would like to be able to choose from a dropdown list of computer names (grabbed from column A) and have it display all the softw...

Fill-in Word Form inside Excel Workbook?
I have a 3 sheet workbook (contractor billing forms) and wish to insert a Word "Form" (Release of Lien) into a 4th sheet and have the inserted "form" filled in by data from the other workbook sheets. The workbook transfers all redundant data into the other 2 sheets. The data is completed, then copied and renamed the next month [sequentially, ie: JobBill#1, JobBill#2, etc.] using the prior month as the starting point. The Release of Lien form could also use this redundant data, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the Word "fields" to upda...

adding text #2
I am building a work schedule. I have different text and numerical codes for shifts (ob1, ob2, n, sac, 9-5, 1, AND ER) I want the schedule to add only the text I have in parenthesis. I want this to be a numerical value. I want it to ignore my day off code and Holiday Time(do, ht) Also after this I want another cell to show 12- the answer I received from the added days above. I do not want to change the format of my schedule. It has been used for years. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 98xp pro -- Jay Taylor I'm not clear on what you want. First you say you want the schedule to add on...