Adding a text/line from Drawbox onto graph

Hi,

I have a graph that is being updated weekly, so every time the X-axis
extends.

I add comment texts and / or pointers/lines to the graph from time to time.
The problem I have is that each time I expand the graph (X range increases),
I have to manually move the comments - because the graph is being rescaled.

Is there any way to link the additional elements on the plot to be moved
with the X-scale?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Marcin

0
marcinpec (5)

Hi,

Replace the textbox comments with a comment in a Data Label.  If you only
want one comment, select the series, then single click the data point closest
to where you want the comment.  Choose Format, Data Point, and turn on Value
on the Data Labels tab, click OK.
Single click the data label, and then single click it again.  Then type your
comment and press Enter.

Data Labels track the data points which means as you data changes the
comment will travel up and down with the data point.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marcin Peciak" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a graph that is being updated weekly, so every time the X-axis
> extends.
>
> I add comment texts and / or pointers/lines to the graph from time to time.
> The problem I have is that each time I expand the graph (X range increases),
> I have to manually move the comments - because the graph is being rescaled.
>
> Is there any way to link the additional elements on the plot to be moved
> with the X-scale?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks,
> Marcin

Removing spaces at start of line
Hi, Is there a way to remove spaces at the beginning of lines in a Word 2007 doc? I don't want to remove the spaces between the words, just at the beginning of each line. Thanks! Select the text. Set justification to centered and then set justification back to left. Jill wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to remove spaces at the beginning of lines in a Word > 2007 doc? I don't want to remove the spaces between the words, just > at the beginning of each line. > > Thanks! If you have spaces at the beginning of a line, it probably means...

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

adding new records

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...

Adding alternate columns

Special Text...
How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? Thanks, RAB_Missouri left Alt + 0174 � Otherwise, help us help you, state the meanings of "create" and "text". "RAB_Missouri" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c9aa6a3f.0406021701.3bd1bf9d@posting.google.com... > How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? > > Thanks, > RAB_Missouri � Alt+0174 if you enter via kbd Look at Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/CharacterMap (if u have it installed) ...

code to fill in missing border lines
Hi all, In some rows (I can't predict which ones) between rownumber 2 an 120 the cells in the ranges A : N have a thick lower border (Borders(xlEdgeBottom) and Weight = xlThick). In some cases there can occur a gap (in columns F and M only). What is the most efficient code to "repair" these gaps? TIA Jack Sons The Netherlands Do you really need code for this? Seems like it would be easier to highlight that range and apply thick borders. Dave, Sure, but othe people will open it (it is made by code anew every time it is opened) and it is not nice to present a spreadsh...

Text area rendering
I have a word template email that I have created in Word 2000 that contains a text area (white box with scroll bar to enter text into). When I send this all service providers have no problems rendering it and allowing the user to add information to the box when they reply to the message. The only issue I'm having is with Outlook 2000, and it just started today. When I choose reply in the email with the text area and double click on the text area, it moves the cursor inside of the text box like it should. Now, in the past (5 days ago) and with online providers I can then type into the box. ...

TEXT(date)?
As you know, the function =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") produces a date from its corresponding text representation. I want to go the OTHER way. That is, I want to take a date and produce its text representation (I'll settle for any reasonable format). How might I go about doing that? Thanks, John Your answer is in your question!! try: =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy") or any other reasonable date-style format -- Gary's Student "JMF" wrote: > As you know, the function > > =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") > > produces a date from its corr...

Adding fields from a different query

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...