ADDING A NUMBER

how do i add a number to a range of cells?  I need to add 11.27 to a number
of different cells each with a different number in them
0
helpme (27)

Put 11.27 in an empty cell, format it the same way as the numbers you want
to add to,
copy it, then select the numbers you want to add to and do edit>paste
special and select add.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Helpme" <Helpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i add a number to a range of cells?  I need to add 11.27 to a
> number
> of different cells each with a different number in them

0
terre081 (3244)
6/9/2008 2:12:54 PM
"Helpme" wrote:
> how do i add a number to a range of cells?  I need to add 11.27 to a number
> of different cells each with a different number in them

Enter in a cell: 11.27
Copy that cell

Hold down CTRL and click/select all the different cells
Right-click on the selection > Paste special > Check "Add" > OK
That should do it all at one go

Clean up by clearing the cell with the "11.27" in it
--
Max
Singapore

0
demechanik (4694)
6/9/2008 2:15:01 PM
"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Put 11.27 in an empty cell, format it the same way as the numbers you want
> to add to,
> copy it, then select the numbers you want to add to and do edit>paste
> special and select add.

The only problem with that method is that there is no record of what's
happened....

0
gbplinux (1141)
6/9/2008 2:41:11 PM
"Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Helpme" wrote:
>> how do i add a number to a range of cells?  I need to add 11.27 to a
>> number
>> of different cells each with a different number in them
>
> Enter in a cell: 11.27
> Copy that cell
>
> Hold down CTRL and click/select all the different cells
> Right-click on the selection > Paste special > Check "Add" > OK
> That should do it all at one go
>
> Clean up by clearing the cell with the "11.27" in it

No audit trail of the change. That's the problem with that method....

0
gbplinux (1141)
6/9/2008 2:41:41 PM
Thank you that helped a bunch

"Max" wrote:

> "Helpme" wrote:
> > how do i add a number to a range of cells?  I need to add 11.27 to a number
> > of different cells each with a different number in them
>
> Enter in a cell: 11.27
> Copy that cell
>
> Hold down CTRL and click/select all the different cells
> Right-click on the selection > Paste special > Check "Add" > OK
> That should do it all at one go
>
> Clean up by clearing the cell with the "11.27" in it
> --
> Max
> Singapore
> http://savefile.com/projects/236895
> xdemechanik
> ---

0
helpme (27)
6/9/2008 2:53:07 PM
Welcome
--
> Thank you that helped a bunch

0
demechanik (4694)

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

search telephone numbers outlook 2007
Please help I cant seem to search for telephone numbers once they have been altered in a hyperlink ie when you type tel:0111122223 followed by either a space or return in an appointment. even using the advanced search criteria? can telephone number be searched? you could search for tel No's in earlier versions of outlook what am I doing wrong. Thank you KC ...

My column headers are numbers
Hello there, The column headings in my spreadsheet are numbers not letters. What have I done? Thank you in advance for your help. Judith Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 Reference Style' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JudithJubilee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:097301c4d871$66a88240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello there, > The column headings in my spreadsheet are numbers not > letters. What have I done? > > Thank you in advance for your help. > Judith ...

NUMBERS
HOW DO I PUT A ZERO IN FRONT OF MY NUMBERS EVERY TIME I GO TO NEXT CELL THE ZERO DISAPERS AND A COMMA APEARS I DONT WANT THIS?? HEL THANKS Hi first: please turn of your CAPS-Lock. It's considered as shouting in newsgroups Not quite sure about your issue but ry 'Tools - options - Edit' and uncheck 'fixed Decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LILA wrote: > HOW DO I PUT A ZERO IN FRONT OF MY NUMBERS EVERY TIME I GO TO NEXT > CELL THE ZERO DISAPERS AND A COMMA APEARS I DONT WANT THIS??? > > HELP > > THANKS Hi Lila! What numbers are you...

Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin for Stock Count Entry Screen
Would like an additional sort selection in the Stock Count Entry Screen. Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e69d84a-032e-4f61...

Custom Number Format #4
hi there, I�ve got a list of equipments that are tagged with the company� inventory number. Each item has its own tag which�s composed by eigh characters and the first is separated by an "-" , like this example *1-0012345*. Unfortunately the list is generated by an old system that can hold onl 12 character tags and doesn�t support any other symbols. Therefore, it puts a couple of ZEROS to replace the " - " symbol, an another couple of ZEROS at the end to sum up 12 characters. In the end the tags look like: *100001234500*. How can I format the tag column to display the o...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

sorting numbers in a column
Problem: The numbers I am sorting are composed of various numbers of integers, some having four digits, others five or six, and so on. I would like to have them sort by number regardless of number of digits. Will Excel let me do this? example: presently it looks like this: 3004 12001656 530393505 2200498378 and I really want it to sort like this: 12001656 2200498378 3004 530393505 Can this be done? -- kailuamike ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kailuamike's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29558 View...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Limit number of Duplicates
I have a registry for a competition...each team can only register four groups for a particular event, and three for another, and five for a third event. All events are seperate tables, related by Team Name. I have set the team name field to allow for duplicates, but am curious if I can limit the number of duplicates to the allowed number of entries. Can I set some sort of rule to allow for duplicates, not to exceed 4 (or any given number)? Should this rule or validation be set at the table level, or in the form? Thanks. On Jan 20, 6:44=A0pm, DeputySmith...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a ...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Range of numbers equation
Is there a way to find the lowest & highest number in a range of columns, and perform a calculation on them, e.g. %change (to-fm)/fm% Thanks What relationship do "to" and "fm" have to the lowest and highest number? If "to" is the lowest number in columns A:J, and "fm" is the highest number in columns A:J: =MIN(A:J)/MAX(A:J) - 1 formatted as a percentage. In article <42B784EB-2FB0-4D12-BD97-527555C02AAC@microsoft.com>, "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to find the lowest &...

Find the maximum value in a row or column with text and numbers
would someone be able to help me out in finding the maximum value in a row or column containing letters and numbers. letters in this case would be a lower value compare to the numbers. for example in a row: A B C D <- returns the value D as max A B 0 1 <- returns the value 1 as max thanks for A B C D use array-entered (i.e. insert the formula with CTRL+SHIFT +ENTER): =CHAR(MAX(CODE(A1:D1))) for A B 0 1 use: =MAX(A1:D1) On 17 Lis, 09:26, bengles <beng...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would someone be able to help me out in finding the...