AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error

Hello,

How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin
functions in them?

I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble
with my Excel addin workbook  functions.  There are a number of addins that
are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated
from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there
computer so IT can upload updates.  After the Office 2007 upgrade I added
all these addins to Excel 2007.  In 2003 I would be able to access the addin
functions by typing in the name and parameters in a cell like so;

=CustomFunction1(A1,A2)

However, now when I open Excel files all the addin functions have the #NAME?
error and the functions look like this;

='C:\ExcelAddins\FunctionSet1.xla'!CustomFunction1(A1,A2)

If I remove the file path and ! from the formula the function calculates
correctly.  However, I have hundreds of Excel files with hundreds (some
thousands) of the custom formulas in them from the collection of Excel
addins.  I can't edit every formula in every file.

How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin
functions in them?  Please help me.

Thank you,

Eureka, I think I've got it.  I stumbled upon the Trust Center in Excel; [MS
Button]|[Excel Options]|[Trust Center]|[Trust Center Settings...].  Here in
the Trusted Locations I noticed that the C:\ExcelAddins folder was not
listed so I added it.  Now the addin functions are working as they did in
Excel 2003.  However, the Excel files I opened and saved before adding to
the Trusted Locations are still not cooperating.  I suspect the file path
has been saved in the file and it does not know the location is trusted.
Thankfully, I was only experimenting with two tiny files so its not an issue
to manually remove the path from the functions.  MS should mention this in a
prominent location somewhere as it is a serious issue with no documentation
(that I could find) on how to fix it.

"Edmund" <die_spambot@hatespam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin
> functions in them?
>
> I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some
> trouble with my Excel addin workbook  functions.  There are a number of
> addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They
> are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory
> on there computer so IT can upload updates.  After the Office 2007 upgrade
> I added all these addins to Excel 2007.  In 2003 I would be able to access
> the addin functions by typing in the name and parameters in a cell like
> so;
>
> =CustomFunction1(A1,A2)
>
> However, now when I open Excel files all the addin functions have the
> #NAME? error and the functions look like this;
>
> ='C:\ExcelAddins\FunctionSet1.xla'!CustomFunction1(A1,A2)
>
> If I remove the file path and ! from the formula the function calculates
> correctly.  However, I have hundreds of Excel files with hundreds (some
> thousands) of the custom formulas in them from the collection of Excel
> addins.  I can't edit every formula in every file.
>
> How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin
> functions in them?  Please help me.
>
> Thank you,

addins
Hello, I use the TM 'Autochart' addin, and I have version 2.1. The latest version is 3.1. I am suddenly having problems with autochart so want to try upgrading. Do I need to 'uninstall' or delete the current version I have, or do I just download the new vesrsion ? Thanks KK You would do well to unload it, Tools>Addins and de-select it, and then just overwrite the old file, then load it as before, but select it. -- HTH Bob "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23BXCpipxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

Making a Excel file Read Only
We need to have our shared file to be read only. The problem we have been having is, if suzy opens the file before we do, we cannot edit the file. So this is what we also need. Suzy cannot open the file before us, or if she does we can still edit the file. Suzy cannot edit the file at all. She must only be able to open it and read only. How can we make this happen? Thank you, Debbie HAve you considered saving the file with password protection? You can identify a open password and also a modify password. You could give suzy the open password, but not the modify passwo...

.mny file replaced with .tmp file
Hello, Recently, on a couple different occasions, I've gone to start Microsoft Money 2006 Premium on XP SP 2 only to have MS Money tell me the file I'm trying to open is gone. I open the folder where I keep my .mny file and it is indeed gone, replaced by a file of the same size with a .tmp extension. Each time, this has happened around 3am. I do not have anything scheduled that I know of at 3am. Each time, I have been able to just restore my .mny file from my backups and have it work fine. Any idea what could be renaming my file like this? The main change over the last few w...

Field names?
Can anyone tell me what type field and the field names are for the Vote Tracking Recipient and Response? I do see one called "Voting Response" under "All Mail Fields", however that is only showing me my vote responses to someone else, i.e. not thost that I've sent out for a vote myself. Please help, Steve The Voting Response field works for me in my Inbox when I recieve votes in response to an email I send out with Voting Buttons on it. Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post qu...

Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?
With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to get away from techy messages such as "The 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)." and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom valid...

Error with msvcirtd.lib
Hi, I developed a software with Visual Studio.NET used to run perfectly under Windows XP. Now I installed Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003 . But now I am not able to recompile the code. I always get the error Message: LNK1104: cannot open file 'msvcirtd.lib' Does anybody know the reason for that problem. I am using the same project settings as under Visual Studio.NET 2002 and changed nothing else !!! Thanks in advance for your time/help, Jochen Hi, Sounds like your project is trying to use a debug library from .NET 2002 that was replaced in the .NET 2003 version. You need to f...

HTML Help not closing the file
I am using HTML Help to display help information within my Excel program. After I close HTML Help, the file system thinks that the .chm file is still being accessed, and I cannot overwrite the file (although the HTML Help process is closed). Here is the code that I have to open: Call HtmlHelp(0, ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\MyHelp.chm", HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, 0) or Call HtmlHelp(0, ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\MyHelp.chm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1001) and to close: Call HtmlHelp(0, 0, HH_CLOSE_ALL, 0) ...

ChDir function
Hello, I am confused with the use of ChDir... What does it do? I have a vba code that imports the data from a text file. The database resides on the server computer (e.g. \\wudj3k2993034\database\test.accdb) I have the following codes ------ ChDir Application.CurrentProject.Path DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , "FSC", "FSC.txt", True -------- What I hope to do is that I can use the test.accdb from my laptop. and be able to import the text file that resides in the same folder as the database. thanks, BOon You don't need ChDir f...

Windows Internet Explorer Error Message
We are getting a spuratic error when in Internet Explorer using Sharepoint 3.0 Datasheets. When we try to edit any text field the datasheet we get the following error: "Edit Control creation has failed. You cannot edit cells" This is a new error and is very spuratic, if I reboot PC we can make it work but then if we go to edit the datasheet again later we get the error on all datasheets. Then we reboot. The operating system is Windows 7, Office 2007 Professional, Internet Explorer 8.0.76 We have checked all the internet security settings, office settings but s...

How do I recover a corrupt excel File
I have a large Database that has been corrupted when being transfered to a new machine. It shows up as a 606kb file but excel will not open it. There are over 2000 entries and I would really not like to enter all of this Data again. PLEASE HELP! Even a partial recovery would be great. You can try to open in in Word, using the Recover Text from Any File option in the "files of type" box. The may eliminate some (but probably not all) of the manual work needed to get your XLS file back. On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:55:01 -0700, "Bike_junky" <Bike_junky@discussions.micro...

Help File in Exchange 2003 SP2
I support several customers who utilize Exchange 2003 with SP2. Whenever I try to use the "Help" function in Exchange Systems Manager, it causes System Manager to crash. Does anyone know a cause/fix? In news:EFF04356-B603-48D3-8A3C-399F8B543628@microsoft.com, DonL <DonL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I support several customers who utilize Exchange 2003 with SP2. > Whenever I try to use the "Help" function in Exchange Systems > Manager, it causes System Manager to crash. Does anyone know a > cause/fix? Any error messages? What do you see in your e...

file not found
In workbook A there are several links to cells in workbook B. When I open Workbook A, I get a "file not found" message, I then navigate to the location, double click file B, and all is well. But why do I have to do this? How can I tell it to remember the location next time? Maybe you could try this the next time you get the prompt. Edit|links and point to the location. Then save that workbook. Close excel and reopen and test it out. Brickcounter wrote: > > In workbook A there are several links to cells in workbook B. > When I open Workbook A, I get a "file not f...

AddIn
I have created AddIn for Outlook using C#. In OnStartupComplete, adding button to the toolbar. AddIn loading properly. When I am trying close the Outlook, the outook window getting closed, but process still running. ...

MSWord2007 Equation: Two questions: display in text, space in function name
Q1. In text we usually need to place limits after e.g. \sum or \int operators but sometimes even in text we need to place the limits ABOVE and BELOW operators such \sum, \int, \bigwedge (like in the display style). How to achieve such effect in MSWord 2007 equation? Could someone please suggest some solutions? (I know I could use MicrosoftEquations3.0 where this i possible but I need achieve that in MSWord 2007 equation). In TeX (LaTeX) system I can use in text e.g.: $\sum\limits_{k=1}^n k^2=..$ to achieve (to force) the limits ABOVE and BELOW operator \sum. Q2. In ...

Copying files from different locations to different locations
Hello I have source folder say, "G:\x" with 2 level subfolders and from the 2nd level, I need to access files. Then, the destination folder is like "G:\a\b" with 3 level subfolders. Here 1st level subfolder of source need to be equal to 1st level subfolder of destination and, 2nd level subfolder of source need to be equal to 2nd level subfolder of destination. Finally after checking some conditions, the files come under 2nd level subfolder of source need to copy to 3rd level subfolder of destination. For that I have written codes as follows: But it do n...

Outlook 2003 Addin fails to be recognised when install for 23 bit Outlook 2010
Hi All: The subject pretty much sums up my problem. I have an Outlook Addin that fails to load in Outlook 2010. If someone could shed some light or point me to the correct resources I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Kevin Are you going to tell us what the add-in is, or what it does, or do we have to guess? "Kevin Derhak" <kderhak@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9f631e3a-bac6-4348-9281-2d2ed9f7c57d@g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... > Hi All: > > The subject pretty much sums up my problem. I have an Outlook Addin > that fails to load in Outlook 2010. ...

xl file
I created an .xl file with multiple sheets once. I made changes to it and merged the two. Now when I open the file a pop-up says this is linked to another workbook, do I want to update the other workbook? The answer will always be No. How do I get rid of this pesky pop-up from asking this question? I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm Then I could decide what to do (convert to values??). De Ward wrote: > > I created an .xl file with multiple sheets once. I made > changes to it and merged the two. Now when I open the &g...

Tab Names II
Thanks to Bob Phillips and Jim May for their answers to my last Post I now need to go a step further - Once the names of the tabs have been changed, I need a code that can reset the tab names back to how they were. The problem I have is that when I run the macro to change the names back, the macro now doesn't recognise the new names and comes up with an error message. I guess it just needs a code that can jump to the next tab regardless of what it's called - changes it - then jumps to the next tab and so on. The workbook has 40 sheets/Tabs, but I only need the second half ...

IE version 8, bug in close current tab functionality
I am running IE version 8 on WinXP. I am reporting an issue with the current tab funtionaliy. When I close the IE browser, I get a popup to close all tabs or the current tab. By clicking the current tab the browser gets closed instead of closing the current tab. So basically, close all tabs and current tab are functioning the same way. I am surprised it was not detected in your product testing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butt...

formulas/functions
can you recommend a good book i can purchse that will give me detailed explinations of formulas/functions ?? Shona Excel 2002 Formulas By John Walkenbach is sold reasonably at Amazon. He has written excelent books. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >can you recommend a good book i can purchse that will >give me detailed explinations of formulas/functions ?? >. > Hi Peter! The Excel 2003 Formulas by John Walkenbach has now been published and if it's available in Sydney it must have got most places by now. I'd always recommend the latest editions of John...

"..." in file name path
I remember there was one API function that would make long paths short by inserting "..." in path: c:\program files\...\my.xml but I can't remember func name? Try PathCompactPath(Ex) shell functions. "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:%23qRW2%23$6EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > I remember there was one API function that would make long paths short > by inserting "..." in path: > > c:\program files\...\my.xml > > but I can't remember func name? > Try to avoid ever doing thi...

2 Different Application Data Files holding MDBData files
I'm running Small Business Server 2000, which uses MS Exchange 2000, on our one and only server. My main job here is bookkeeper, but they let me play with the server since I have my MCSA. I don't take care of the server like I should because of time constraints. Back in January the Exchange files dismounted. I hurriedly figured out what had happened and got the thing remounted and everyone got their emails. Lots of stuff was lost, but we trudged on. As I am leaving the agency soon, I would like to get the stuff back the way it should be. Apparently the "lost stuff&qu...

Addins
Anyone familiar with ASAP Utilities - and if so any advice, observations or recommendations? ...

Addin or software for Outlook 2002
Can you please recommend an addin for Outlook 2002 or freeware softare, that would enable me to manage my mobile phone SIM contacts via Outlook preferably. I would like to combine and consolidate the SIM and Outlook contacts in one place. Thank you. Usually suplied with / by your mobile phone manu. "April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:ux9pYHh$HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can you please recommend an addin for Outlook 2002 or freeware softare, > that would enable me to manage my mobile phone SIM contacts via Outlook > preferably. > > ...

File not Found error
I was working on a macro in my Personal macro file and was unexpectedly kicked out of Excel. When I opened Excel I received a "File not Found" error. I can click through the error and the program opens. It doesn't appear to have damages any of my macros; however, I cannot figure out why I continue to get the "File not Found" error each time I open Excel. clean out your temp folder and see if the msg is gone. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Valerie" <vgarrow@carletonls.com> wrote in message news:4beae748.0411291103.26bd4a1@posting...