ActiveCell.Offset Question

Hi,

Spreadsheet with many columns:
In     All column, Row4    I have dates:

What I like to do is:
 "IF" I am in Column y "Any row" I would like to go up to Y4 and copy that
value down to another cell .
 "IF" I am in Column de "Any row" I would like to go up to de4 and copy that
value down to another cell .

I wrote this thinking it may work, but I keep getting mismatch Type:
Sub Look4DATE()

Dim mycell As Range
    Set mycell = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0)
    Dim myrange As Range
    Set myrange = Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), mycell)

       mycell.Select
       ActiveCell.Offset(ActiveCell.Column & ActiveCell.Row & ":" &
ActiveCell.Column & "4").Select
       Selection.Copy
       Range("bE199").Select
SkipBlanks _
       :=False, Transpose:=False

End Sub

0
ash3154 (6)

ash3154 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Spreadsheet with many columns:
> In     All column, Row4    I have dates:
>
> What I like to do is:
>  "IF" I am in Column y "Any row" I would like to go up to Y4 and copy that
> value down to another cell .
>  "IF" I am in Column de "Any row" I would like to go up to de4 and copy that
> value down to another cell .
>
> I wrote this thinking it may work, but I keep getting mismatch Type:
> Sub Look4DATE()
>

> Dim mycell As Range
>     Set mycell = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0)
>     Dim myrange As Range
>     Set myrange = Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), mycell)
>
>        mycell.Select
>        ActiveCell.Offset(ActiveCell.Column & ActiveCell.Row & ":" &
> ActiveCell.Column & "4").Select
>        Selection.Copy
>        Range("bE199").Select
>        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
> SkipBlanks _
>        :=False, Transpose:=False
>

> End Sub

Maybe this:

Sub Look4DATE()
   If Not Application.Intersect(Range(ActiveCell.Address), _
       Range("Y:Y,DE:DE")) Is Nothing Then
     Cells(4, ActiveCell.Column).Copy
     Range("BE199").Select
     Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
   End If
End Sub
0
smartin108 (170)
9/12/2009 1:47:53 AM
Thks for a quick response:  Unfortunately, I have more than 2 columns, I have
over 35 columns, which I need to get the value of.

"smartin" wrote:

> ash3154 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Spreadsheet with many columns:
> > In     All column, Row4    I have dates:
> >
> > What I like to do is:
> >  "IF" I am in Column y "Any row" I would like to go up to Y4 and copy that
> > value down to another cell .
> >  "IF" I am in Column de "Any row" I would like to go up to de4 and copy that
> > value down to another cell .
> >
> > I wrote this thinking it may work, but I keep getting mismatch Type:
> > Sub Look4DATE()
> >

> > Dim mycell As Range
> >     Set mycell = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0)
> >     Dim myrange As Range
> >     Set myrange = Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), mycell)
> >
> >        mycell.Select
> >        ActiveCell.Offset(ActiveCell.Column & ActiveCell.Row & ":" &
> > ActiveCell.Column & "4").Select
> >        Selection.Copy
> >        Range("bE199").Select
> >        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
> > SkipBlanks _
> >        :=False, Transpose:=False
> >

> > End Sub
>
> Maybe this:
>
> Sub Look4DATE()
>    If Not Application.Intersect(Range(ActiveCell.Address), _
>        Range("Y:Y,DE:DE")) Is Nothing Then
>      Cells(4, ActiveCell.Column).Copy
>      Range("BE199").Select
>      Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
>    End If
> End Sub

0
ash3154 (6)
9/12/2009 2:53:01 AM
Ok, I'm guessing the columns are not contiguous. That would be too easy.
Is there any sort of pattern we can capitalize on (every other column,
every third, etc.) Another option, is to enumerate the columns in

  Range("Y:Y,AA:AA,CC:CC,...")

Or find a way to automate the same.

ash3154 wrote:
> Thks for a quick response:  Unfortunately, I have more than 2 columns, I have
> over 35 columns, which I need to get the value of.
>
> "smartin" wrote:
>
>> ash3154 wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Spreadsheet with many columns:
>>> In     All column, Row4    I have dates:
>>>
>>> What I like to do is:
>>>  "IF" I am in Column y "Any row" I would like to go up to Y4 and copy that
>>> value down to another cell .
>>>  "IF" I am in Column de "Any row" I would like to go up to de4 and copy that
>>> value down to another cell .
>>>
>>> I wrote this thinking it may work, but I keep getting mismatch Type:
>>> Sub Look4DATE()
>>>

>>> Dim mycell As Range
>>>     Set mycell = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0)
>>>     Dim myrange As Range
>>>     Set myrange = Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), mycell)
>>>
>>>        mycell.Select
>>>        ActiveCell.Offset(ActiveCell.Column & ActiveCell.Row & ":" &
>>> ActiveCell.Column & "4").Select
>>>        Selection.Copy
>>>        Range("bE199").Select
>>>        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
>>> SkipBlanks _
>>>        :=False, Transpose:=False
>>>

>>> End Sub
>> Maybe this:
>>
>> Sub Look4DATE()
>>    If Not Application.Intersect(Range(ActiveCell.Address), _
>>        Range("Y:Y,DE:DE")) Is Nothing Then
>>      Cells(4, ActiveCell.Column).Copy
>>      Range("BE199").Select
>>      Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
>>    End If
>> End Sub

0
smartin108 (170)
9/12/2009 3:13:25 AM
Yes after your previous script that is what I have done.... its every other
column.   Thanks for your help;  I will mark this as Resolved.

I am running into another issue:  Just above my active cell, I have a email
address cell, if that is blank, grab the number which is 2 cells below my
active cell and call the number which is 10 rows above my active cell.
(basically I need to inform whoever is clicking on that macro button to call
that person with the ticket #).

"smartin" wrote:

> Ok, I'm guessing the columns are not contiguous. That would be too easy.
> Is there any sort of pattern we can capitalize on (every other column,
> every third, etc.) Another option, is to enumerate the columns in
>
>   Range("Y:Y,AA:AA,CC:CC,...")
>
> Or find a way to automate the same.
>
> ash3154 wrote:
> > Thks for a quick response:  Unfortunately, I have more than 2 columns, I have
> > over 35 columns, which I need to get the value of.

> >> Maybe this:
> >>
> >> Sub Look4DATE()
> >>    If Not Application.Intersect(Range(ActiveCell.Address), _
> >>        Range("Y:Y,DE:DE")) Is Nothing Then
> >>      Cells(4, ActiveCell.Column).Copy
> >>      Range("BE199").Select
> >>      Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
> >>    End If
> >> End Sub

0
ash3154 (6)
9/12/2009 3:47:01 AM
      If desierd, send your file to my address below. I will only look if:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"ash3154" <ash3154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes after your previous script that is what I have done.... its every
> other
> column.   Thanks for your help;  I will mark this as Resolved.
>
> I am running into another issue:  Just above my active cell, I have a
> email
> address cell, if that is blank, grab the number which is 2 cells below my
> active cell and call the number which is 10 rows above my active cell.
> (basically I need to inform whoever is clicking on that macro button to
> call
> that person with the ticket #).
>

> "smartin" wrote:
>
>> Ok, I'm guessing the columns are not contiguous. That would be too easy.
>> Is there any sort of pattern we can capitalize on (every other column,
>> every third, etc.) Another option, is to enumerate the columns in
>>
>>   Range("Y:Y,AA:AA,CC:CC,...")
>>
>> Or find a way to automate the same.
>>
>> ash3154 wrote:
>> > Thks for a quick response:  Unfortunately, I have more than 2 columns,
>> > I have
>> > over 35 columns, which I need to get the value of.

0
dguillett1 (2487)

#REF,ISERROR, File Not Found question.
I have an annual summary sheet that links to 365 separate daily report sheets. These daily sheets are being created automatically once per day. I use the following formula for the February 1 2005 cell: =IF(ISERROR('C:\reports\daily_2005\[DAILY_FEB01.xls]Report'!R20C16)=TRUE,"",'C:\reports\daily_2005\[DAILY_FEB01.xls]Report'!R20C16) This works, but of course the rest of the files for 2005 don't exist yet. What I want is to be able to open the annual spreadsheet up every day, and say 'YES' to the 'update links to other spreadsheets' question, a...

AppendMenu question
Hi, I'm trying to add to existing button menu new item and have some problems, I can modify menu item (below) but cannot append. What I'm doing wrong? CMenu Menu; Menu.Attach(m_btn.m_hMenu); Menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, ID_TOOLS_LANGUAGE, _T("EN")); //doesn't work Menu.ModifyMenu(ID_TOOLS_COUNTRY, MF_BYCOMMAND, ID_TOOLS_COUNTRY, _T("US")); //works Menu.Detach(); thanks >I'm trying to add to existing button menu new item >and have some problems, I can modify menu >item (below) but cannot append. What I'm doing wrong? Does AppendMenu fail ...

Beginner question
I am creating a query that counts how many times each classification is being used in our organization. But, I need it to pull up only the classifications that have a person in them. Here's how it looks now: Column 1: Field = Classification; Table = pos info; Total = Group By Column 2: Field = Class Code; Talbe = pos info; Total = Group By Column 3: Field = Count Of Classification: Count(*); Total = Expression I need it to pull up the Classifications that, within each same record, the field "IncumbentLast" Is Not Null. ...

Question about some addons
Has anyone had any experience with Catalog View and PIC-ME 2.0 from Retail Hero? We've used some of their other addons and love them, but I just want to make sure they're what the store needs before we purchase them. I'm the IT manager for a store that is interesting in these addons and wondering if anyone has used them and has any feedback on them that I can bring back to the store manager. Thanks in advance, David ...

SUMIF question
I have the following formula to calculate some numeric data: =SUMIF(F6:F27,F5,S6:S27) (this is in cell S5) the qualifying code is in column F and the numeric data to sum is in column S Problem. When I insert a row just below row 5, the formula in S5 changes to: =SUMIF(F7:F27,F5,S7:S27) I will be adding data to the new row6 and I need it to become a part of the calculation. I need the formula to remain F6: and S6: Peo Sjoblom gave me this fix: =SUMIF(INDIRECT("F6:F27"),F5,INDIRECT("S6:S27")) I can't use it. Here is a further explanation: I have criteria that ...

C++ question #3
I was just going thru some changes in my code and need to write some thing like this try{ //some code //if error return } catch{} I had a doubt using return statement in my try block...what impact will it have... skasat@gmail.com wrote: > I was just going thru some changes in my code and need to write some > thing like this > > try{ > //some code > //if error > return > } > > catch{} > > I had a doubt using return statement in my try block...what impact will > it have... Of course, the reason for putting 'some code' in a 'try is bec...

Theoretical question.
I just had a theoretical question: Say someone bought a computer from a store. It had windows xp on it. Is there a way to tell if it was an original version of XP on the system, or if the store just used an upgrade from Windows ME? Would this pose a problem in any way? That customer would not be recommened to use another upgrade for Windows Vista after that or Windows 7 is what I'v been told. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gVg==?= <BrianV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:65BDB4ED-E7A8-44ED-9189-322F972CE4E7@microsoft.com: > I just had a theoretical question: > ...

Some basic questions about SDI and splitterwindows
Hi, I implemented a static splitter window in a sdi-project with two views. One of them is a CTreeView and the other derived from CView. My CSingleDocTemplate binds my document, mainframe and one of the views together. But which view should I state to the DocTemplate and what�s with the other view ? I think there is some basic issue I did not understand so far. thanx Lukas Henschke wrote: > Hi, > I implemented a static splitter window in a sdi-project with two views. One > of them is a CTreeView and the other derived from CView. My > CSingleDocTemplate binds my document, mainf...

Newbie question: Getting checked builds of Windows XP
Where does one get checked builds of Windows XP? I'd like to install just the checked OS and HAL (per this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff547196.aspx), but there's no mention of where the checked versions of those files come from. It seems like this might be something one could get with an MSDN subscription, but after nosing around msdn.microsoft.com, I couldn't find a definitive answer; the MSDN download list for Windows XP (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/default.aspx) shows checked builds for only a couple of e...

Defining an Activecell
Each month I add new data to an existing sheet. I then want to run a macro to insert a new column and a formula. Trouble is this data increases rows each month and I need to be able to identify the final row each time so I can copy the formula down. ie in Jan the data finished at row 100. In Feb it finishes at row 200. I need the macro to be able to know to copy the formula down to row 200 in Feb for example. Hi Ant You can use this function fir finding the last row with data on thye worksheet Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:=...

Activecell problem #2
I have a really basic question I am trying to print a certain area which starts at a certain cell which may differ every week. I have the code to get to the bottom right of the area I want to print but then I want to select the area, from the active cell to A3: 'go to the bottom cell in colum L Range("L100").End(xlUp).Select ???????? what goes in here?????? 'Print the selected area ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Any help appreciated. remove your select line and add range(Range("A3"),Range("L100").End(xlUp)).Select -...

Question about backend dbs
Is there any reason not to complie the backend as an .mde file to protect it before distributing it? Thanks in advance, Jim "Jim Evans" <jim@microsoftdiscussions.com> wrote in message news:uB$IEIHlKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any reason not to complie the backend as an .mde file to protect > it > before distributing it? There's no real reason to do that. MDE format doesn't protect the design of tables, and there wouldn't normally be anything in the back-end except tables and, maybe, a "Keep Out" form. ...

Two questions #3
Hi, Can someone help with two questions please 1. When I go to outlook express,it opens and auto down loads messages.....how do I get it to open and download with a password only ? 2. When messages are downloaded in outlook express ,they are wiped off my server....I would like them to remain on my server account.....................how do I do this ? Thank you for any (simple) help B. -- Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of = them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explor...

Design Question #2
I am currently tasked at writing the code for an app that will have a lot of owner drawn buttons in it. There are two ways I figured I could go about this: 1) Dialogs: a)Just use multiple dialogs for all the buttons and options and have them popping up then closing and more popping up.... this seems like an unacceptable method based on user interaction confusion and that it would just look sloppy. b) One giant dialog that handled all of the subcatagory buttons and then center it in the middle of the screen and call it a day. I guess it could be done, but again would kind of seem unprofes...

Clipboard question
I've been using OL2k and the clipboard was a tidy little box that was "always on top" and knew where you wanted to paste info to. Now I'm using OL2003 and the clipboard seems to stay with the email message that I'm copying from. Here's what I do: An email arrives with Contact information in the body. I copy the name, address etc. from the email, right click on the "From:" to "Add to Outlook Contacts", then paste the name, address, phone etc. onto the new Contact form. Question: How can I get the Clipboard to go with me to the new Contact form. s...

WaitForSingleObject Question
I have a program with 2 worker threads and each thread uses WaitForMultipleObjects to either shut down or perform a task. Inside each thread there is a loop started by an event that currently uses Sleep(n) to delay an action by a variable time, n. I would like to replace the Sleep(n) with a WaitForSingleObject so I can stop the process if I need to but also use the timeout feature of the WaitForSingleObject to create the variable delay.... If I assume that both threads are in the middle of the timeout, waiting for an event and I need to shutdown, can I use the same event to shutdown b...

license question
I know that it is legal to put a copy of Publisher on a desktop computer and a laptop, but someone told me today that they thought it was legal for teachers to have a copy installed on their home computer and also install one at school for their use. Can someone tell me if this is true. If so, how do you go about activating the school installation? This would help me a ton as I am using Pub 2002 at home and Pub 2000 at school and taking a very large booklet file back and forth to work on it both places in different versions is driving me crazy! Thanks. Karen --- Outgoing mail is certifie...

VBA? Activecell formatting
Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting wit the active cell. Want to use ctrl-d to select activecell, then next two cells to th right and then fill all three cells with color red -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just a single line of code will do it: Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)).Interior.Color = vbRed HTH, Nikos "click4mrh >" <<click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com... > Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting with >...

Newbie to charts question
Excel 2002 SP2 Windows XP Pro I'm trying to make a line chart showing data points of two series. My X-axis labels are years, from 1970 through 2010. My Y-axis labels are population values. The first series (Series1) comes from actual data values in a column on another sheet. The second series (Series2) are calculated values that are in a column next to the values for the first series. Concerning just the first series: First of all, for some reason the data points are appearing on the chart but the line between points is not. Secondly, and perhaps explaining the above, not every y...

Text box question #2
I have a userform which I have linked to a spreadsheet. I need to know how to get the userform to clear textbox.1 once I hit the enter key I have it working but it clear this textbox. Also how do I get the userform to automatically refresh to show the updated titles in the other textboxes on this form. Thanks in advance Greg ...

Report Writer Question
Hello. In GP8 , is it possible to create a calculated field in report writer w/ several levels? Something like this: IF Field A = 1 THEN "Red" ELSE IF Field A = 2 THEN "Blue" ELSE IF Field A = 3 THEN "Green" ELSE "" If I cannot do this, I am thinking I will have to create 3 fields (one for each condition) and stack them one on top of the other on the form and 'hide if empty' .. not very pretty .. Any suggestions? Thank you, Maria. You will have to use multiple fields, but you do not have to stack them one another Calc1...

Format Question
I feel silly asking this because I know it should be easy, but I just can't figure this out. I have an Excel Spreadsheet and the data is in General format and displays with one decimal and with the percent sign like this: 85.1% or 96.3%. I need to use this data in calculations so I need it to be a number format as 85.1 or 96.3...with no percent sign. I can I accomplish this. I have hundreds of rows of data that I need reformated in this way. Thanks for your help. 85.1% is the same number as 0.851 If you really need 85.1 in your calculation, you can multiply that cell...

Question about overridden CListBox
Hi, This is really a general query, as I got the list box to do what I want. I'm just wondering can somebody who knows the innards of MFC fill in some background. I wanted to make a CListBox that cancels the (single) selection when you click it again. It seems you have to derive a new class, but it seems to work nicely when I do this and over-ride OnLButtonUp() as follows: void ClickyListBox::OnLButtonUp( UINT nFlags, CPoint point ) { static int lastItem = -1; BOOL bOutside; int nItem = ItemFromPoint( point, bOutside ); if ( ! bOutside ) { if ( nItem == lastItem ) { ...

Question about Microsoft Money Essentials
I just downloaded the trial version of Microsoft Money Essentials and uploaded 5 different accounts (2 savings, 2 checking & 1 credit). The issue I'm having is with the pie chart report on the home page. We use our credit card for most purchases and pay it off every month to get the reward points. Because of that I categorized all our credit card purchases to properly show us the percentages we spend on what each month. But then in my checking account (which I use to pay the credit card off) I categorized the credit card payments as "Credit Card Payments/Transfers"...

Advanced Find Question 11-13-07
Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window? I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against. Thanks in advance, Hi, That is not possible. I assume if some user dont have read rights on some entity then it will not appear in Advance Find. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant My Email :: imumar at gmail dot com My Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Que...