ActiveCell giving blank value

I am having the following code:

OSHEET.CELLS(2,3).SELECT
MSGBOX OSHEET.CELLS(2,3).VALUE
MSGBOX ACTIVECELL.VALU

The cell is having value, but still, its giving the following error:
ERROR DESCRIPTION: OBJECT REQUIRED 'ACTIVECELL

i did the following also:
MSGBOX ACTIVECEL

but its giving me a blank messagebox

Please someone help me out in this  :confused: . Thanks in advanc

--
itstom
itstome's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2678

I usually use MSGBOX() with arguments.  Try something like:

Sub temp()
Dim x As Variant
x = Cells(1, 1).Value
MsgBox (x)
End Sub

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student

"itstome" wrote:

> I am having the following code:
>
> OSHEET.CELLS(2,3).SELECT
> MSGBOX OSHEET.CELLS(2,3).VALUE
> MSGBOX ACTIVECELL.VALUE
>
> The cell is having value, but still, its giving the following error:
> ERROR DESCRIPTION: OBJECT REQUIRED 'ACTIVECELL'
>
> i did the following also:
> MSGBOX ACTIVECELL
>
> but its giving me a blank messagebox
>
> Please someone help me out in this  :confused: . Thanks in advance
>

> --
> itstome
> itstome's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26787
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400412

0
GarysStudent (1572)

What is the point to use List when InnerList gives more in CollectionBase class
Hi! The purpose of CollectionBase is to create a custom collectionclass that derivs from CollectionBase In the CollectionBase class there are two members called List and InnerList. List return an IList and InnerList is an ArrayList. I just wonder what is the point to use List because InnerList contain all that exist in List + some more. //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > The purpose of CollectionBase is to create a custom collectionclass that > derivs from CollectionBase > In the CollectionBase class there are two members called List and InnerList....

Contents in cell not "spilling" into adjacent blank cell
I have a spreadsheet that the contents of a cell are not spilling into a blank cell. If A1 contains a long string of text and B1 is empty, then A1's text will also show in the adjacent empty cells. If this is a feature, I have never had a need for it and would like to turn it off but not sure how. I can also avoid it in the future. Thanks! Bluegrassstate, Some possibilities: The cell is formatted for wrap text (Format, Cells, Alignment) and the row is not set for Autofit , or is right-aligned -- try Edit - Clear - Formats (you can undo it later) to see if any formatting is the c...

Defining an Activecell
Each month I add new data to an existing sheet. I then want to run a macro to insert a new column and a formula. Trouble is this data increases rows each month and I need to be able to identify the final row each time so I can copy the formula down. ie in Jan the data finished at row 100. In Feb it finishes at row 200. I need the macro to be able to know to copy the formula down to row 200 in Feb for example. Hi Ant You can use this function fir finding the last row with data on thye worksheet Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:=...

Copy node values from one xml to the other (tags are removed!)
Hi, I have file1 that looks like this; <A> <user_id><xsl:value-of-select=\"A/user_id\"/></user_id> <context>something</context> </A> Another file with the exist (File2) <A> <user_id>DATAMGR</user_id> <user_name>DATAMGR</user_name> </A> After the transformation, I want File1, to look up value of <user_id/> in File2 so the File1 and ends up with the xml; <A> <user_id>DATAMGR</user_id> <context>something</context> </A> I am not sure how t...

Shorten the list if a value is already choosen before
I have created a list via Insert > Name > Define. On a list of cells I want to let the user choose a value from the defined list. Is it possible to shorten the list when a value is already choosen at another cell? So: List = AA, BB, CC, DD. Cell 1: BB is choosen Cell 2: list is AA, CC, DD. I choose DD etc. Bart Excel 2003 Maybe http://contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html from Debra Dalgleish's site. AA Arens wrote: > > I have created a list via Insert > Name > Define. > > On a list of cells I want to let the user choose a value from the > defined list. Is ...

Can I give each axis in a radar chart a different scale?
I would like to create a radar chart that contains about 6 different factors representing overall project results (schedule index, cost index, requirements volatility, etc.) 1 data series would represent the organizational baseline, the other would represent the project results. Is is possible to give each different factor/axis a different scale? Thanks for any suggestions. You can fake it, as shown by Tushar Mehta: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/custom_radar/index.htm A better chart for your purpose may be a parallel coordinate plot. See the end of this article, where ...

Leave as blank
In cell A1 I have a date, in cell B1 it is set so that it calculated seven dats on from the date in A1. Now, I have dragged this formula down in cell B1 into all cells in that column B. There are no values in column A as yet as these will be filled out as the spreadsheet is used. Subsequently, I want column B to remain blank until values are entered in column A. Nonetheless, I am getting the value "07 Jan 00" in my cells in column B. How can I do it so that they are left blank? If your formula is =A1+7, change this to: =IF(A1="","",A1+7) and copy this...

Page displaying in design view, but layout view shows blank screen
I have a multi-page form where each page displays a different subform, for a total of 10 pages. This is a database/form setup that has worked for years, but now I've encountered a strange issue in Access 2007. 9 of the 10 pages display with no problems; one page however comes up blank. If I look at the design view for just that page, it displays correctly, but the layout view gives me just a blank white screen/page. If I look at the page from within the main form, it displays correctly in design view, but when switching to layout view, the rest of the form displays correc...

Portfolio value over time in 2007 Deluxe
I would like to see the value of my portfolio over time as a line graph, but can't figure out how to do it. I've customized several other reports, but can't seem to choose the right settings to make this one appear. Any suggestions/tips would be greatly appeciated. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >I would like to see the value of my portfolio over time as a line graph, but >can't figure out how to do it. I've customized several other reports, but >can't seem to choose the right settings to make this one appear. Any >suggestions/tip...

Who could give me a help?
I write a program using vc6.0,and I create a new control that inherit from the control MSChart, but I want that it has a line in the new control, and when I move this line it can display current data.who could tell me how to create this control?thank you. LeeTow, You would probably want to add a custom CWnd class for the line, and handle the two windows as one. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> a �crit dans le message de news:%23xJF8FFoEHA.3488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I write a program using vc6.0,and I create a new control that inher...

Integration Manager should give multiple errors for each Document
Currently only Multiple Errors per Document are shown for General Ledger table and not all tables. When importing to Purchasing or Receivables tables and Accounts do not exist...instead of listing all of the accounts that do not exist in each document...Integration Manager moves on to the next document. This process becomes heavily tedious as one account has to be added at a time before the next non-existing account will be shown on the Error Log. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

blank cells #6
this is a question on fundamentals of excel for e.g. cell A2 is blank. I confirm whether A2 is blank by going to another cell and typing <=isblank(A2)> which gives <true>. But when I go to another cell and click edit-clear-all (to celar any formats etc) and type <=A2> it does NOT give a blank cell but gives <0>(zero). If I copy and paste a blank cell to another cell it gives blank. the above descrepancy gives problem in creating formulas. for e.g. A2 is 2, A3 is blank If I type in some other cell the formula <=IF(A2=2,A3," ")> it gives 0 and not Bl...

Activecell problem #2
I have a really basic question I am trying to print a certain area which starts at a certain cell which may differ every week. I have the code to get to the bottom right of the area I want to print but then I want to select the area, from the active cell to A3: 'go to the bottom cell in colum L Range("L100").End(xlUp).Select ???????? what goes in here?????? 'Print the selected area ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Any help appreciated. remove your select line and add range(Range("A3"),Range("L100").End(xlUp)).Select -...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

CAsyncSocket::Create give WSAEADDRINUSE error
I want to use CasyncSocket class to attach to port 7000. I only need to listen on this SOCK_DGRAM socket but there can be another application that has opened this port. If my application is the only one running the following code works! However, if there another application has connected to this port, I get a WSAEADDRINUSE error when the Create member function is called. If I call the Create member function with a NULL port, I’m not able to read any data from the socket. What is the proper way set the SO_REUSEADDR option and read data from this port? I have been unable to figure out which me...

IT say no to giving sa password
Hi, The Account Merge tool needs the userid sa to run. sa is the system admin id, so, IT won't give me the password for it. I have tried using DYASA and assign sysadm, but that ID won't work with Account Merge. What can I do? Have them enter it for you and watch what you are doing and then watch you log out after you are finished. They shoudln't have a problem with that. "light_wt" wrote: > Hi, > > The Account Merge tool needs the userid sa to run. sa is the system admin > id, so, IT won't give me the password for it. > > I have tri...

formula finds values in apparently blank cells
Two individuals are completing the same data entry on two separate spreadsheets. The data entry consists of values in two fields. The following formula on each spreadsheet concatenates values in the two fields into a single value in one field: =CONCATENATE(S6, R6) I want to copy the concatenated values from each spreadsheet into a separate spreadsheet. When I paste the values into the new spreadsheet, I paste them as “values”. I then set up a formula that returns “true” if the values in both columns match: =AND(B26=H26) The formula works fine. However, I want to attach ...

summing a column gives me a date
I have a worksheet with each month listed on the columns. I have each row totaled out, and wish to total expenditures for the month. But when I do, I get a date, and not a numerical value - which is what I want. What am I doing wrong. Without seeing the formula, it is impossible to give a meaningful reply. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:13:01 -0800, jimfitegcs <jimfitegcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet with each month listed on...

"Actual" values in Budget
I've been using Money since 2002, but only recently decided to utilize it's "Budget" feature...my "Expenses" are "Categorized" beginning 12-01-2005. I have created two [2] "Budgets," one using the "Autobudget" feature and for the other I entered the "Expense" values manually. Neither of the "Budgets" show values in the "Actual" column, only the "Budgeted" and "Difference" column. Please explain... -- Ron ...

VBA? Activecell formatting
Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting wit the active cell. Want to use ctrl-d to select activecell, then next two cells to th right and then fill all three cells with color red -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just a single line of code will do it: Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)).Interior.Color = vbRed HTH, Nikos "click4mrh >" <<click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com... > Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting with >...

Newbie to charts question
Excel 2002 SP2 Windows XP Pro I'm trying to make a line chart showing data points of two series. My X-axis labels are years, from 1970 through 2010. My Y-axis labels are population values. The first series (Series1) comes from actual data values in a column on another sheet. The second series (Series2) are calculated values that are in a column next to the values for the first series. Concerning just the first series: First of all, for some reason the data points are appearing on the chart but the line between points is not. Secondly, and perhaps explaining the above, not every y...

how to make duplicate entries blank
I want to make a column that lists "city name" to only show each name once, then leave a each repeat of the name blank. Is there a formula for this? Thanks You can use Conditional Formatting to hide the duplicates. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Duplicate woulfer wrote: > I want to make a column that lists "city name" to only show each name once, > then leave a each repeat of the name blank. Is there a formula for this? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

List values based on different values selected
State : Type1 : Type2 : Type3 : Alaska Arizona Type1 Alaska1 Type1 Arizona1 Type2 Alaska2 Type2 Arizona2 Type3 Alaska3 Type3 Arizona3 Alaska1 Alaska2 Alaska3 Arizona1 Arizona2 Arizona3 1.1 2.1 3.1 11.1 12.1 13.1 1.2 2.2 3.2 11.2 12.2 13.2 1.3 2.3 3.3 11.3 12.3 13.3 1.4 2.4 3.4 11.4 12.4 1.5 2.5 3.5 11.5 12.5 Above is the worksheet which i'm trying to solve. When state "Alaska" is selected, Type 1 should list the values 1.1 - 1.5; Type 2 should list the values 2.1 - 2.5, so on When State "Arizona" is selected, type 1 should list the va...

Macro to delete all (and only) rows with cell value "" (blank) in column A
Hey Guys Still strugling here :( I want my macro to delet all rows as described in the subject. Will anyone give me a hand on this? In advance of the maco sequence I have sorted datatable and all theese rows are place in the bottom of the table. best regards Snoopy One way, sorted or not Sub DeleteBlanks() Columns("A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:306e8bd8-3ede-4f2d-9efa-e88a467241b3@l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.c...

Compute rounded values
I have a spreadsheet that is displaying values to the nearest 2 decimal places. I'm dealing with money, so this is ideal. However, when I total them, I'm getting a total that's a penny off since it's computing on the entire value, not just the 2 decimal places that's displaying. Is there anyway to tell my total to use the 2 decimal place number to compute rather than the entire number. The only thing I saw on the help screen actually replaced the formulas with values and I don't want to do that. Thanks in advance for your help Vivian =SUM(ROUND(A1:A10,2)) w...