> How do I activate this Macro?
>
> Sub sigma_to_cell()
>     Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"
>     Selection.Value = "S"
> End Sub
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

Try ALT+F8 and then chose "sigma_to_cell"

It will place a the Sigma in the active cell(s)

Regards,
Bondi

0
mbondorff (49)
6/29/2006 5:28:29 PM
Tools > Macro > Macros > select the macro by name in the large window and
press RUN

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"d_kight" wrote:

> How do I activate this Macro?
>
> Sub sigma_to_cell()
>     Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"
>     Selection.Value = "S"
> End Sub
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Dan
0
CLR (807)
6/29/2006 5:29:02 PM
Something it can also be the macro security.
Go to tool>Macro>security and set it to medium

--
Seeking hel
Seeking help's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3565

thanks you guys, I will give this a go and see what happens.  I am really new
to programming with Macros.

Any suggestions on how to get more training with using and becomming
familiar with visual Basic syntax?

thank you again

"Bondi" wrote:

> d_kight wrote:
> > How do I activate this Macro?
> >
> > Sub sigma_to_cell()
> >     Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"
> >     Selection.Value = "S"
> > End Sub
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Try ALT+F8 and then chose "sigma_to_cell"
>
> It will place a the Sigma in the active cell(s)
>
> Regards,
> Bondi

0
dkight (11)
6/30/2006 6:36:02 PM
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
www.cpearson.com
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/index.html

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"d_kight" wrote:

> thanks you guys, I will give this a go and see what happens.  I am really new
> to programming with Macros.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get more training with using and becomming
> familiar with visual Basic syntax?
>
> thank you again
>
> "Bondi" wrote:
>

> > d_kight wrote:
> > > How do I activate this Macro?
> > >
> > > Sub sigma_to_cell()
> > >     Selection.Font.Name = "Symbol"
> > >     Selection.Value = "S"
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Dan
> >
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > Try ALT+F8 and then chose "sigma_to_cell"
> >
> > It will place a the Sigma in the active cell(s)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Bondi

0
CLR (807)

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Excel Macro Clipboard Problem
I am trying to copy data from a web page table to an Excel worksheet using a macro. I am doing this be opening the html file, copying the data, and closing the html file. When I close it, I am asked if I want to keep the clipboard contents (I do not). I have to select No manually while the macro runs. How can prevent this? Application.DisplayAlerts = false -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "Glenn H" <hall_glenn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00c701c3c978$cc7a2000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to copy data from a web page tabl...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Macro help needed !
Please can someone help me ! I'm trying to use a macro to set the values in a column to those i another column. This 'should' be easy enough, but it has to populate the first blan column it comes to ! i.e. Col A has my sales for this week. Columns B to ZZ has all the weeks for the year.... and I need it t scoot along the columns, checking for the first empty one, then drop i my values ! Dont know how to say 'if this column is empty drop in the values from ..... else try th next column' ???? PLEASE HELP ! THANK ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Me...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro
Hello, Can anybody here a high level two line description what does actually this macro perform ? and if i call it as // AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); in the begining of a function do i've to call it again with some flag at the end of the function. ? thanks Best Regards, Danish. "Sahil" <coder@topcoder.com> wrote in message news:<#1WtibZQEHA.252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hello, > Can anybody here a high level two line description what does actually this > macro perform ? and if i call it as // > AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Recording a macro of keystrokes in Outlook?
This is odd; in Outlook I can't find how to record a macro while one is using Outlook so that it records the keystrokes. It seems, at least with a standard setup, that one can only go to the VB editor. Am I missing something? Thanks. No, you're not missing anything. There's no macro recorder for Outlook, you have to code macros from scratch using Outlook VBA. See www.outlookcode.com for information on Outlook VBA macro coding. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exte...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

No puedo modificar una macro
Hola, alguien sabe porque cuando intento modificar una macro que esta guardada en mi libro de macros personal (Personal.xls), me dice "No se puede mostrar una Macro que se encuentra en un libro oculto. Muestre el libro con el comando Mostrar". �Ten�is idea de lo que puedo hacer para modificar la macro que me interesa? Your post should be in English Assumed translation: "Hello, someone knows because when I try to modify a macro that this kept in my book of personal macros (Personal.xls), tells me "Not a Macro can be shown that is found in a hidden book. Show the book...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Simple Macros (i hope)
Hi Guys, I want to write three (simple to you guys, i think) macros which will pull out separately the following information. 1st Macro. I have a column which has a lot of random dates of when people took a specific test, with another column outlining whether they passed or not. I want to write a macro which will just pull out the people who took and passed the test in the last week. Is that possible? 2nd Macro. I have a column which has a lot of dates for when people registered to take a test, along with another column which outlines whether they have either 'not taken the test...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

Documenting Macros
I inherited a database that contains numerous Macros. I need to document all these macros and the documentor within Access format is not the greatest. Prefer table format within Word. Can anyone recommend a third-party tool or VBA code that will allow me to document the Macros in a table format? Thanks, Karen Don't know for sure (because I never use Macros), but see whether Total Access Analyzer, from FMS, has what you're looking for. There's a free trial at http://www.fmsinc.com/products/analyzer/index.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (n...

Need instructions for coping existing macro vba and creating a new macro on a different machine
I have a macro that I want to e-mail someone. I copied it and pasted it into a .txt file. I also want to send instructions for inserting the macro to be used with all documents. Not sure if they have 2003 or 2007! I've been looking on the Internet for some simple instructions for adding a macro when you already have the vba but can't find anything that really fits. Can you help me get such instructions? Thanks The instructions you need are at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. The instructions are very nearly the same for Word 2003 and 2007...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...

Dynamically assign macro
Hi, I am creating a column of checkboxes that corresponds directly to a list of employee names. The last checkbox is to select all the names. Because the list of names will always vary in length I need to know how to assign the macro to the last checkbox. Any ideas? Thanks. James Sub AddCBX() 'for OptBtn2 Dim WB As Workbook Dim sh As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Dim LastRow As Long Set WB = ThisWorkbook Set sh = WB.Sheets("Sheet2") sh.Select sh.CheckBoxes.Delete sh.Columns(1).Insert LastRow = Range("B" &...

Excel Macro to Populate table from Data
Hi, First of all thanks a ton for all help in the past. I need again help on some excel macro, which can Populate table from Data for selected customer codes. I have one huge excel database, which includes lot of data in columinar form. Under excel worksheet called "CSOP" I have data of similar nature as per below but I can't paste in here as don't have enough space therefore I have given small example. In this worksheet data starts from Column A & Ends in Column Z. Column A Column B ColumnC Column D Customer Code Cus Name Cha...