ABC Spelling check in Excel?

Can we do spelling and gramar check in Excel?
Thanks,
Kim-An

You can do a spell check by going to Tools > Spelling or by pressing F
on the keyboard.

I'm not sure if it checks grammer though sorry.

Pet

I will try using tools and F7. Sorry that I don't know how to reply t
newsgroup!
Thanks again for your help.
Kim-An

How i change back to ABC
Some how top of worksheet column switched from ABC to 123. how i change it back Tools -- Options -- General -- Settings (R1C1 reference style *un*checked). Rgds, Andy Uncchek the L1C1 reference stylein Tools/Options/General >-----Original Message----- >Some how top of worksheet column switched from ABC to 123. >how i change it back >. > >-----Original Message----- >Some how top of worksheet column switched from ABC to 123. >how i change it back >. > If you go to Tools, Options, General Tab, Under Settings....Check OFF R1C1 reference style, Click OK. Hop...

Trying to check what exaclty changed AfterUpdate/BeforeUpdate
I'm working on an employee database, and need to have it send an e- mail if certain items change (name & address). The e-mail part works, but checking to see what in the record changed using AfterUpdate doesn't seem to. Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() If "Me!Address" <> "Tables![Addresses]![Address]" Then Dim intAnswer As Integer intAnswer = MsgBox("You have made changes this employees personnel file. Would you like to send changes to the appropriate parties?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Changes Detected") If intAnswer = vbYes...

spelling outlook windows XP
I want to have spelling available for spanish ,english and portuguese at the same time Even trying to use word , was not posible ...

excel formuls
Hi, I recenly created a fairly simple spreadsheet. Within it I had a column of numbers. At the bottom of this column I wanted to insert a total. I tried highlighting all of the figures and using the autosum option and then by "manually" inserting the formula. However, in both instances the total field displayed the actual formula rather than the total. Any ideas? cedar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.mcse.ms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.mcse...

Excel 2007 Charting causes blank screen
When I create a chart in Excel 2007 that is its own sheet, I cannot view it. As soon as I move my mouse over top of it my entire screen goes entirely blank. It isn't locked up, just the entire screen goes white. I can still access the keyboard hotkeys and close excel. Is this a known issue? Also, is there a better place to post problems with the 2007 beta? There are a jillion issues with Excel 2007 charting. If you have access to the BetaPlace newsgroups, use those. Otherwise, there's really no discussion forums for Office 2007. Maybe you could reply on the Excel 2007 blog: ...

Ranking TEXT in Excel
Can someone help me with this? Is there any way to rank TEXT in Excel. I want to automat alphebetizing a column of text (I don't want to Data-Sort, etc). Th function RANK seems to only work with numeric data. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Aryeh Bak AryehJBak@yahoo.co ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com what does your column of text look like? post a snippet -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "AryehBak" <AryehBak....

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

Input data check
Hi I want to check 10 fields to confirm they have data entered into them. Before I print a document. Field1 Not is null Field2 Not Isnull And so on. If any of the fields are blank I want a msgbox to appear listing the field names which have no data. I do not want to set the field to, data required, because there may be a reason why we have been unable to enter the required data. How do I set this up? Thanks Bob Bob, Something like... Use check boxes, combo boxes, text boxes, etc... If IsNull(Me!CheckBox1) Then Msg...

Can I insert a box on excel that can be checked and un-checked?
I would like to insert a box that can be checked or unchecked, like a check list showing what is done and what is not done. I was just wondering where I can find that. Thanks Right click on your toolbar, on the drop down pick Forms, should be there Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494386 ...

Excel and Databases
Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to pull data from a database via an ODBC connection? Is this possible in Excel 2000 or just in 2003? The basic idea of the project I am working on is to pull data from a database and populate our excel spreadsheet that does various calculations and then is redistributed through out the company and partners after pasting just the values. Have you tried using MS Query?: Data>Import External Data>New Database Query ....then follow the prompts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Stanley" wrote: > Does anyone know of a ...

Spell Check in Vista Word
I accidentally saved a word into my spell check that was spelled incorrectly. How do I remove or correct it? Thank you. It would have been great if you would have mentioned the Word Version. Below is the solution for both versions. Word 2007 In word 2007, click the jewel and click the word options button in the bottom. Once the Word Options opens, select proofing on the left. You will immediately notice the Custom Dictionary Button. It will then open the custom dictionaries window. Click the Edit Word List. Select the word and Delete. All versions older than 2007 Cli...

print worksheet without ABC and 123 labels showing?
I am trying to print out my worksheet without the column labels (A, B, etc) and row labels (1,2,etc) showing. I don't want to delete them - they are need for calculations in the worksheet. I am using Excel from Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. These are called Row and Column Headings In XL2007 open the Page Setup tab on Ribbon and look for the Sheet Options Group (last but one on right). There are checkboxes for both Gridlines and Headings for both View (worksheet) and Print; Uncheck the box under Heading next to Print. In XL2003: File | Page SetUp ; open Sheet tab; unche...

Excel/macro Formula Problem!
Help!! I have created a macro and i am trying to pull all the rows from m data source where in one field 'incomp' the data does not equal blank. I know its simple, but i cannot figure it out! I have tried <>" " and i have tried !=" " but neither work! Can anyone help? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try <> "" jeff >-----Original Message----- >Help!! > >I have created a macro and i am trying to pull all the rows from my >data source where in one field 'incomp' the data does not equal blan...

Pivot Table in Excel 2003
Hello can anyone tell me why it is not possible to add a numerical field multiple times from the Pivot Table Field List box on the worksheet? I can only do it via the layout wizard. thanks ...

How can I get my ABC spellchecker to use UK English
I am preparing a large commercial brochure in the UK and the spellchecker refuses to change from English US, which as we know is totally different to English UK.. any ideas please. I have tried resetting it but I still get told to change my 's' to 'z'!! Thanks This based on the Help from Publisher 2000. In the Help Answer Wizard look for "spell checker". The "Tip" section of the answer is, The English (U.S.) version of Microsoft Publisher 2000 comes with proofing tools for English. To check spelling in other languages, use the Microsoft Office 2000...

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Re: Microsoft Excel
Hello Jim, I repaired permissions, but it doesn't change anything... Any other idea? Tatjana This page is not in English so I can't be sure it has a fix for the problem, but it sorta looks like it: http://futureshare.lip6.fr/Office.html -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> Tatjana Tesic wrote: > Hello Jim, > > I repaired permissions, but it doesn't change anything... > Any other idea? > > Tatjana > ...

abc
bcd ...

Using And/Or with Check Box
I have a form (form1) with a subform (subform2) and another subform (subform3) On subform2 there is a text box for mom's employer's name. On subform3 there is a text box for dad's employer's name. On form1 there is a check box (Check0) that needs to be filled in automatically when either mom or dad has an employer, or left blank (false) if neither one has an employer. I have tried several different solutions including: Nz(Subform1.Form![Employer], Nz(Subform2.Form![Emplyer], False)) IIf (Not IsNull(Forms![Form1]![Subform1].Form![Employer]) And Not IsNull (Forms![Form1]!...

ABC Analysis
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C4E398.015B6EC0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_000C_01C4E398.015CF560" ------=_NextPart_001_000C_01C4E398.015CF560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable BlankWe are using GP v 7.0. I am trying to run the ABC analysis - = Routines > Inventory Routines > Item ABC Analysis. I go through and choose the options that I want, but when I come to the = screen where you set the ABC Analysis Breakpoints I can o...

Excel 2003
In Excel 2003, I have lost the file command in the toolbar. Despite reinstalling Microsoft office I do not seem to be able to reinstate the file command. I have been able to add the sub-command "save as" but can not add the file command with all its sub commands. Julian Tools|Customize|commandbars tab select worksheet menu bar click reset. Monty29 wrote: > > In Excel 2003, I have lost the file command in the toolbar. Despite > reinstalling Microsoft office I do not seem to be able to reinstate the file > command. I have been able to add the sub-command "s...

Check Numbers in 2006 Deluxe
Money 2006 is not pulling in the check number when I download transactions from my bank. I know the check numbers are in the file because if I open the file with notepad I see the check numbers. This makes it a little more diffiuclt to reconcile my entries with the banks entries. Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE0E1BF9-50FC-4952-B9A3-03D08FFC22C0@microsoft.com... > Money 2006 is not pulling in the check number when I download transactions > from my bank. I know ...

Only Keep Non-duplicates in an Excel spreadsheet
I want to remove both duplicate records leaving non-dups only in spreadsheet. How do i do this? Here's a before and after example o what I'm hoping to do easily in Excel. Given 9 rows and colums a, b and c: (BEFORE) row a b c 1 cdef886 44.00 x 2 cdef886 14.00 y 3. cdef886 30.00 y 4. bb7ceg7 8.99 x 5. bb7ceg7 8.99 y 6. 895848 139.00 x 7. 123abde 45.95 y 8. jh8cegg 7.23 x 9 jh8cegg 7.23 y (AFTER) If I could leave non-dups based on colums a and b, rows 4, 5, and 9 would be removed, leaving the...

Running Error Checks on SubForm
I have a database that does a lot of checking to ensure that the proper data is inserted in the proper fields. In this particular case, I am trying to verify that if a box "Unacceptable" has been checked, that the user enters the number of occurrences as well as a note as to why an Activity is Unacceptable. I have the following code: With Me.RecordsetClone ..MoveFirst Do Until .EOF If .[Unacceptable] = Yes = 0 And .[Occurrence] = 0 Then MsgBox "You have checked Unacceptable for Activity # " & Me.RecordsetClone.[Sequence] & "! Add t...

Spell Check should notify me if I keep spelling a word wrong
Spell Check is a fantastic tool, however, is not helping us to improve our grammar and spelling. As more and more children are using computers as a tool for education, their misspelled words are constantly being corrected (sometimes automatically) by Word which is not encouraging them to learn how to spell and use grammar correctly. It would be great if Word could notify us if we keep spelling the same word incorrectly or keep making the same grammar errors. I would like to see a pop up that indicated how many times I have spelled a word incorrectly. As an advanced tool it...