A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003

I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function
and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to
get me started on Excel 2003.
0
John1063 (943)

John

List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site.

Some have CD's attached

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
>Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
>features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function
>and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to
>get me started on Excel 2003.

0
Gord
10/2/2007 9:09:57 PM
Save yourself some money and check out these sites:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

Plus there are many others that you can browse for free - Google is
your friend.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 2, 8:57 pm, John <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
> Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
> features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function
> and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to
> get me started on Excel 2003.

0
pashurst (2576)
10/2/2007 9:24:01 PM
And not least of all, the great interactive and archival resource
that yourself and thousands of others are busy creating
right here.

The index leaves a little bit to be desired, but that relies
on users giving their questions a good subject title.

Your post is an excellent example of how to phrase
a title. Short, straightforward and explains exactly
what the question is about.

Regards
Martin

>I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
> Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
> features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The
> function
> and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text
> get me started on Excel 2003.

0
mtmw (348)
10/3/2007 7:41:44 AM

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> John
>
> List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site.
>
> Some have CD's attached
>
> http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
> >Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
> >features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function
> >and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to
> >get me started on Excel 2003.
>
> Thanks Gord Dibben for the reply on the text I'll research it on the Barnes & Noble Web Site
0
John1063 (943)
10/3/2007 6:09:00 PM

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Save yourself some money and check out these sites:
>
> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx
>
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html
>
> http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm
>
> Plus there are many others that you can browse for free - Google is
> your friend.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Oct 2, 8:57 pm, John <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
> > Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
> > features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function
> > and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to
> > get me started on Excel 2003.
>
> Thanks Pete not only have you shown me some free hands on material but I also received a lesson in down loading information.

0
John1063 (943)
10/3/2007 7:22:01 PM

"MartinW" wrote:

> And not least of all, the great interactive and archival resource
> that yourself and thousands of others are busy creating
> right here.
>
> The index leaves a little bit to be desired, but that relies
> on users giving their questions a good subject title.
>
> Your post is an excellent example of how to phrase
> a title. Short, straightforward and explains exactly
> what the question is about.
>
> Regards
> Martin
>

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use
> > Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet.  Some of the
> > features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The
> > function
> > and Chart Wizard.  If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text
> > get me started on Excel 2003.
>

> Thanks Martin for the feed back and I'll certainly use the resources that is offered on this very impressive site.
0
John1063 (943)
10/3/2007 7:26:01 PM
Glad to be of help - I've certainly found them useful.

Pete

On Oct 3, 8:22 pm, John <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks Pete not only have you shown me some free hands on material but I also received a lesson in down loading information.

0
pashurst (2576)

list tabs in excel
Is there a quick way(hopefully not using VB) to display every tab name in a given spreadsheet? What I want to do: I have numbers listed in about 30 tabs in the exact same location(cell reference) in each tab. I'd like to reference the sheet tab name and link to those numbers in a summary spreadsheet(maybe using vlookup). Any thoughts? tia, Dave Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dave Breitenbach" <DaveBreitenbach@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:99B7A1CA-1ADD-40AE-8087-156386...

Exchange 2003 POP/IMAP Conversion Issues
Forgive me if I am not posting this to the correct Exchange group. It was brought to our attention, after migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, that Exchange 2003 converts emails incorrectly for POP/IMAP users if the messages have been touched by a 3rd party MAPI product. Background: In Exchange 5.5, when a message came in through the IMS, it was routed to a user's mailbox, and the user could use POP/IMAP/MAPI to access the message. If the user used a POP/IMAP client, the message headers were downloaded as they were received by the IMS, and the message body format as...

Address Book ???
Hello everyone, I'm using MS Outlook that I installed from the Microsoft office 2000 cd. I would like to know how I can save the address book in case my hard drive fails and need to restore my address book back into a re-installation of Outlook. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching g...

backup address book in outlook express ?
How do i backup the Address Book in Outlook Express? Tim http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ for OE help, this an OL ng, different app "Gauthier" <timsandi@interlog.com> wrote in message news:%23dUF05XdEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do i backup the Address Book in Outlook Express? > > Tim > > ...

Outlook 2003 stops responding #3
We have about 12 users who are complaining that Outlook quits working. If you hit Send and Receive you don't get an error but it does not work. It's like Outlook is hung up. The network connection is fine because they can other other info on the same server. The only solution is to reboot the machine and everything works fine for a while. Sometimes it hangs up after a few hours, other times it is after a day or so. The OS is Windows 2000 SP4, the server is Windows 2000 server running Internet Anywhere MailServer. It does not seem to be mail server related because we ha...

creating order book in excel 2007
I want to create an order book from a order form template in excel 2007, including automatic update for a new order number, saving selected elements to a separate data base. I need a pointer on where to start. eg In Excel 2000 there was a template wizard with data tracking, but I can't find it in 2007. Any hints would be appreciated. Click on the Office Button in the top left hand corner. New You will find templates on the left hand side. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Bruce" wrote: > I want to create an order book...

Unauthorized Error Messages in OWA/Exchange 2003
We're having problems with our Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003 where if a user logs in and clicks on a URL in an email or tries to reply to a meeting request, we'll get prompted to log in repeatedly. After the third or fourth attempt, we receive an "Unauthorized" error message. I've search the KB articles for a solution and the closest KB article had to do with similar issues with Public Folders. Is this a problem for any one else? What is your solution? I'd appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!! ...

Self installing Drives
This is going to be a bit long. Last month I bought a new HP computer with Windows7 64 bits. I uninstalled the Norton antivirus that came with it, and used the Norton Removal Tool to clean any thing left over, if any. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and the Windows firewall ON. I have not installed any programs in the computer. I have 2 flash DRIVES (J and K) where I keep my files. Every thing has been working just fine until 4 days ago. I turned my computer on , clicked the J drive and a small screen came on telling me to insert the disk, but it was already inserted. I then...

HELP : After upgrading XP to SP2 Outlook 2003 crashes 10 times a day
Hi Every thing is in the title but basicaly the thing is : I have upgraded XP to SP2 Since Outlook 2003 behaviour is crazy while receving mailling or replying to mail (but with no rules : that means it is never in the same configuration that it crashes) Any help would be very apreciated !!! Charles Carlito Nogbni" <contact@couvertex.con "changer le n en m <contact@couvertex.con "changer le n en m"> wrote: > Every thing is in the title but basicaly the thing is : > I have upgraded XP to SP2 > Since Outlook 2003 behaviour is crazy while receving mailli...

Excel Cell Autocomplete
Is there any function, so we can use auto complete while entering similar entry in to cell, which saves lot's time when entering similar data. DEFAULT AUTO COMPLETE WORKS VERY LIMITED, WILL NOT WORK IF SEQUENCE WILL BREAK, ALSO FOR NUMBERS (A/C) IS NOT WORKING. I have tried with alt+down arrow, but it's giving entry which below of that cell...better if we have some thing to lookup which can shows us all entry in to that column( up & below). -- smd111 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ smd111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Embedded excel worksheets in word
Since Office v. X I have been unable to embed excel worksheets in word that contain more than five columns. Can anyone tell me that I have been doing something wrong OR tell me if 2004 fixes this problem? Thanks, Mike in article BCD52774.75C7%mcgetrick@lfoconnell.com, Mike McGetrick at mcgetrick@lfoconnell.com wrote on 22/05/04 21:51: > Since Office v. X I have been unable to embed excel worksheets in word that > contain more than five columns. Can anyone tell me that I have been doing > something wrong OR tell me if 2004 fixes this problem? > > Thanks, > Mike > A...

Importing web data to Excel 2003
I have built a flight planning program for aviation using Excel 2003. I am trying to find a function to import winds aloft from NavCanada's aviation weather site, to avoid manual entries. Is there a web site where raw text data from NavCanada's site to import, or a way to import it from their normal web display? Below there is a link to NavCanada's normal display of data. http://www.flightplanning.navcanada.ca/cgi-bin/Fore-obs/fd.cgi Any help would be appreciated. thanks I get an access denied on your URL................no permission. But have you tried Dat...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

Importing from Excel
Hello, does Money have the ability to create invoices by importing from Excel? I don't think it does, perhaps I am missing something. Thanks in advance! ...

querying excel spreadsheets like database
I'm making a payroll journal, it has a column for the names, and the the cheque amt, cheque no., and some other stuff. In a separate sheet I need to pull up individual information pe employee and total. Eg. Payroll Journal: Name: cheque amt: cheque no: date: jane doe 2000.00 0001 01/01/01 john doe 1500.00 0002 01/01/01 jane doe 1800.00 0003 15/01/01 Employee Details: Name: cheque amt: cheque no: date: jane doe 2000.00 0001 0...

How to work with CSV files in Excel without warnings?
We work with a lot of CSV files in Excel and would like to turn off the warning that the file "may contain features that are incompatible..". Is it possible to allow saving a CSV file without warnings? Thanks, Sam ------------------------------------------------------------ We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET Developers for exciting positions in medical product development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com. Sam, You could use a macro: Sub TryNow() Dim myFName As String myFName = Application.GetSaveA...

Setting the Default Address Book
I know how to set MY default address book (which list to look in first) in Outlook. What I need to know is how to set this for everyone on our organization? Exchange setting? Registry hack? We're on Outlook 2007/Exchange 2003. -- Greg ...

Excel 2000 problem #2
I have a problem on a file that was recived via e-mail, when i try to open it on excel 2000 it gives me the following error "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information on another workbook, do you want to update this workbook to changes made to the other workbook" it then gives me the option to ""update all linked information" or to "keep the existing information Hi Chose the option to keep the existing information. That will have the data at the time the file was sent to you. If you need to have the information updated, you will need t...

How do you make a userform open automatically when you open excel?
I created a Userform in VBA, and want it to automatically appear upon opening the Excel file everytime. How do I do that? Hi Evan Paste this in "ThisWorkbook" module. Private Sub Workbook_Open() userform1.Show End Sub HTH John "Evan" <Evan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E64B444D-2493-49CC-84AB-EFA6A586A191@microsoft.com... >I created a Userform in VBA, and want it to automatically appear upon opening > the Excel file everytime. How do I do that? ...

Book for 2002
Can someone recommend a good book for learning Microsoft Publisher 2002? It's tough to find a book on Publisher. Did you check Amazon.com? I just bought Que's "Using Microsoft Office 2003" by Ed Bott and Woody Leonard and it has a surprizing amount of in-depth info on Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sharon" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message news:2h1i4eF812mhU1@uni-berlin.de... > Can someone recommend a good book for learning Microsoft Publisher 2002? Yes, I did but there are only a few books listed and only one had a review....

Excel Searching
Searching in excel What is the best program or way to search in excel? (other than using simple find) I'd like to be able to see all of the results in one area and then click on to jump to it. Is there anything out there that has search function that is smarter than "find." Like a "google" typ search. I need to be able to search multiple sheets at once. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com xl2002 added an option to find in workbook. in xl2k, you could group your worksheets and do edit|find. But in all versions, you can use Jan Karel Pieterse&...

excel trying to add rows +col
am trying to add rows and clumnes of fig for end of year accounts, am clicking sum, highlighting the row hit return then nothing am i missing some thing Try selecting (highlighting) and then click the auto sum icon -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "mowerman" <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:417B9C47-E58E-4A69-9946-EC349684D199@microsoft.com... > am trying to add rows and clumnes of fig for end of year accounts, > am clicking sum, highlighting the row hit return then nothing am i missing > some thing ...

Mailbox names not showing up in Outlook global address book
We migrated from Server2000 standard with Exchange2000 to Server2003 Enterprise with Exchange 2003 all went well on initial migration. But now when we add a new user the mailbox appears, they can send and receive E-Mails, but thier name does not show up in the Outlook Global address list. Can anyone enlighten me? Got RUS? (Check the RUS to be sure it's running properly.) "Larry Schmaltz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10a0001c3f4c7$873f55d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We migrated from Server2000 standard with Exchange2000 to > Server200...

Problem launching excel
All of a sudden each time when I now try to launch excel or an excel file a dialogue box appears stating "'C:Program~1\micro~2\office10\library\mobiledb.xla' could not be found." After clicking "OK" it searches for Windows installer ultimately requesting me to insert my CD. Any help on this appreciated. Kind regards...Steve Try following: Go to Tools menu & Select Add-ins and uncheck mobilebd or alternatively in directory "'C:Program~1\micro~2\office10\library\mobiledb.xla' delete file named mobiledb.xla. Start your Excel and hopefully error...

export excell into outlook calender
Does anyone know how to export or insert an Excell 2002 spreadsheet (representing a calender) into outlook 2002 calender? Much appreciated. ...