123 files

Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel?
0
Jasper (60)

As far as I know, yes. Open them.

Tyro

"jasper" <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel?

0
Tyro (331)
2/9/2008 3:22:21 AM
File>Open>Files of Type>Lotus 123 *.wk?

Give it a try.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:01:00 -0800, jasper <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel?

0
Gord
2/9/2008 3:41:39 AM
What version of excel and what extension of the Lotus file?

--

Dave Peterson
0

regards
FSt1

"jasper" wrote:

> Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel?
0
FSt1 (238)

Can I protect all excel tabs in a file with one password entry?
I have spreadsheets with multiple tabs - I presently have to password protect each tab separately. I'm looking for a way to protect all tabs with one password entry. i am not share the files, but others do view them and I don't want changes made. Indiana, you can use a macro like this, Sub protect_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Protect password:="123" Next ws End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is...

Convert a PDF file newsletter to a publisher newsletter
Hi, you guys are great at helping me with so many things, thanks, does anyone know how to convert a pdf newsletter file, created in Indesign by someone else, into a publisher newsletter, thanks for any help, it is much appreciated. One way would be convert the PDF file into an image file and then Insert it into a Publisher page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "k" <k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EBEE553-87F5-4EC1-9A84-0331D8493381@microsoft.com... > Hi, you guys are great at helping me with so many things, thanks, does > anyone > know how to conv...

Convertire File
Ciao A tutti. Vorrei sapere se esiste un modo per convertire un file money 2000 ad un file money 2005 Grazie ...

lotus 123
how to convert lotus 123 file (bill.123) to excel 2002? Paul Hi see your response in Excel.misc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul wrote: > how to convert lotus 123 file (bill.123) to excel 2002? > Paul Open in Lotus Save as .wk4 file Open in Excel "Paul" <paulnkathy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:183e201c422a2$773a91f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... : how to convert lotus 123 file (bill.123) to excel 2002? : Paul ...

Opening file from the internet
Hi, I have an app that has a registered document type with windows. When I click a link to a document of this type on a web page and choose "open" Windows downloads the file and starts up my app. The file that it gives me is in a temporary directory, and I can see the file if a navigate to it through a console window, but I can't open the file in my application using fopen() or with CArchive. It is as though the document doesn't exist or I don't have permission to open it. Can anyone help... Cheers David David, > I have an app that has a registered document ...

Unwanted PST files
Using Outlook 2002, I have created a .pst file to hold some information temporarily. I have moved it from my default location on my hard drive. Outlook insists on creating the .pst file in my default location, even though I have removed it from my File --> Data File Management option. It reappears here at least once a week and I have to keep removing it. How do I get rid of the reference once and for all? Your post is not clear and does not fit with Outlook's known behavior. Outlook creates what and where do you see it? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Alison Hudson&quo...

XLS Files Will Not Open
We have a PC that will open Excel files, but only if you open Excel and then open the file from Excel. If I go straight to the file and try to open it, it gives an error saying "cannot find file...make sure the file and path are correct...". If I go into Excel and go to File>Open and open the file from there, the file opens fine. I've check the Excel assocations and such and everything looks fine. I've seen this once before and there was a registry setting that fixed it, but I don't remember what it was. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Phil Phil Fi...

exe. files
Can someone remind me how to setup Outlook 2003 to accept exe. files? I think this is a registry fix but have forgotten the exact directions. Thank you! David http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "David Davidson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1df9001c4551b$bef14f60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone remind me how to setup Outlook 2003 to accept > exe. files? I think this is a registry fix but have > forgotten the exact directions. Thank you! David Registry indeed; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm ...

File copy
Need help drv="W" ' Map drive connection to server src=Drv & ":\Work\Adr.xls" dstn="C:\Work\Adr.xls" FileCopy src,dstn Problem is that file on server "Adr.xls" is open When I want to copy file "Adr.xls" from server to local computer an error ocures File on server is always open Is there some other command for this action Thanks in advance Alan ALREADY ANSWERED IN ONE OF YOUR MANY CROSS-POSTS. -- Gary Brown "Prozor PVC sistemi d.o.o." wrote: > Need help > > drv="W" ...

path for saving files on Desktop?
Apologies for a dumb question, but I am not familiar with the Windows platform: How can I get the path for saving a file on the Desktop or Documents folder of the current XP user? Thanks! Andrew Hi, You can use SHGetSpecialFolderLocation function with CSIDL_DESKTOP & CSIDL_PERSONAL for desktop and document path respectively. Check http://kiranu.wordpress.com/2006/07/27/getting-special-folders-path/ for example code. /Kiran abrtlt@yahoo.com wrote: > Apologies for a dumb question, but I am not familiar with the Windows > platform: > How can I get the path for saving a file on...

I need a phone input mask that does this 888.123.2233 or 123.2233
In Access can anyone tell me how to write a Input MAsk> Have you checked Access HELP for "Input Mask" and "phone"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer possible/necessary. "Bruce&q...

123 03-15-08
123 ...

important info about .pub 2.0 files
If you have any MS Publisher 2.0 files, you may want to read the following article: Error message when you try to open a Publisher 2.0 publication in Publisher 2003, Publisher 2002, or Publisher 2000: "Publisher cannot open this file" http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_924685.aspx -- *********Notice********** This is not tech support. ....I am only a volunteer... Solutions that work for me may not work for you. Proceed at your own risk. John Inzer Picture It! MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Interesting Microsoft doesn't have this...

Can I delete IE7updates files
I'm running XP SP3 IE7. I'd like to reduce the size of my C partition to make imaging faster and easier, and one possible deletion would be the windows\ie7updates folder contents. It's all KB stuff, several hundred MB. If I won't need to uninstall any previous IE7 updates, can I delete these files? IE seems to work fine, so I think it's very unlikely I would need to uninstall any of the previous updates. I guess the same question would apply to the windows\ie7 folder contents - if that's really IE6 stuff that would be needed for an IE7 uninstall. ...

Excel V Lotus 123
Hi, I believe that in Lotus 123 there was a "Version" option, just like the Version option when creating MS Word Files. Is there anything similar in Excel 2000 or higher. Scenarios won't work because there are too many changing Cells. Also, Lotus 123 had a "Weighted Average" Function - is there anything similar in Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Taffy Answer to second part: roll your own with SUMPRODUCT Let A1:A10 contain the frequency values (weights) and B1:B10 the values to be averaged, then weighted average is given by = SUMPRODUCT(...

Convert Lotus 123 Release 9 to Excel 2000
Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be converted to Excel 2000. Lotus spreadsheet is a basic spread sheet. stan stan, Macros won't convert but the basic spreadsheet should. From Lotus, do a "Save As" Microsoft Excel 97 Workbook. You should then be able to open it from Excel. Most formulas will automatically convert. John stan wrote: > Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be converted to > Excel 2000. Lotus spreadsheet is a basic spread sheet. > > stan "stan" <zpq@comcast.net> wrote... >Can a Lotus 123 Release 9 spread sheet be conver...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

Can I restore original data in an overwritten excel file?
I saved from a file off of a floppy disk onto my hard drive and accidentally saved over a document of the same name on my hard drive. I need the data from the original file, do I have any options?? If you have installed an "undelete" utility such as that in Norton Utilities, or Undelete, you *might* be able to retrieve it. Otherwise, I expect it's gone. On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:22:01 -0800, "barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I saved from a file off of a floppy disk onto my hard drive and accidentally >saved over a document of the same name on...

convert pub file to wpd file?
I use Publisher for all my needs, but a lot of my contacts do not. Is it possible to convert Publisher to word perfect document or any other format that woud be easier for them to open. ...

Save remote pictures in local xls file
Hi everyone, I have a local Excel file including remote pictures (hosted on a remote website). I would like to save this file to integrate those images locally. Is there a way to achieve this without any macro? Thanks and best regards, -- Thierry On Oct 25, 4:25=A0am, "Cenekemoi" <thie...@no.spam.invalid> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a local Excel file including remote pictures (hosted on a remote > website). I would like to save this file to integrate those images > locally. > > Is there a way to achieve this without any macro? > > Thank...

Outlook continously sends the same file
why are Outlook messages that are in the outbox being sent continously while the original message still shows in the outbox and doesnt appear in the sent box? Messages are being delivered over and over while appearing to be still in the outbox. ...

File name problems
I am using Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP and I am encountering a problem when saving a file. No matter how you type the filename, it only saves to the first letter of the filename (example home becomes h) Any way around this problem? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl And maybe this will help: HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP http://support.microsoft....

How to open Lotus 123 files
Everything that I read says that Excel 2003 doesnt need a converter ... but I cant open a .123 file... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... jason Jason B [MVP-Storage] wrote... >Everything that I read says that Excel 2003 doesnt need a converter .... but >I cant open a .123 file... > >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... Whatever you're reading, either you're not reading it carefully or it was written sloppily. Excel from version 95 on has been able to read ..WK4 (Lotus 123 Release 4 format) files and *PREVIOUS* 123 file formats (.WK3/.WK1/.WKS), but *NO* ve...

cannot save Excel 2010 files to network drive
Customer cannot save Excel 2010 files to network drive. I set the network drive as a trusted location and it still does not work. Thanks, Sean "SeanOc" <sean_oconnor@microvision.com> wrote in message news:26ef7e02-41aa-439c-9a3a-a029fd7fc5de@17g2000prr.googlegroups.com... > Customer cannot save Excel 2010 files to network drive. I set the > network drive as a trusted location and it still does not work. > > Thanks, > > Sean What is the specific error message your customer is seeing? Can the customer save Notepad files to that network drive? (IOW, does...