'Recently used file' list.

    When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently
used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of
course).  In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files.
Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in
this list.
    Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list,
please?

TIA,
DB.

0
anon3871 (28)

There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks
on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the
click OK.  Then, basically, start again.

"DB." wrote:

>     When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently
> used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of
> course).  In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files.
> Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in
> this list.
>     Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list,
> please?
>
> TIA,
> DB.

0
bigwheel926 (227)
11/20/2006 4:57:01 PM
> "DB." wrote:
>
>>     When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently
>> used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of
>> course).  In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files.
>> Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in
>> this list.
>>     Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list,
>> please?
>>
>> TIA,
>> DB.

"bigwheel" replied:
> There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used
> workbooks
> on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files'
> checkbox, the
> click OK.  Then, basically, start again.

Ah, yes!  Thanks!
A bit of a PITA (having to start again), but soon done.
I'd rather expected that a 'right click' on the filename in that RH
panel would bring up a 'Delete' option in a drop-down, but that's not
so.

Thanks again,
DB.

0
anon3871 (28)
11/20/2006 5:29:11 PM
You might be interested in Ken Puls Favourites addin...

http://www.excelguru.ca/node/64

HTH

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"DB." <anon@anon.tesco.net> wrote in message
>    When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used
> files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course).  In the
> middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files
> themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list.
>    Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please?
>
> TIA,
> DB.

0
firefytr (112)

Exporting to CSV File
Hi, I'm using VBA to export data from a table direct to a CSV file DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "ExportTable", filePath this produced a file with COMMA separated values, until...my computer got fried and the repair shop re-installed Windows XP in French (I live in France). Now when I run the export the values are separated by semi-colons. I've used the Regional Settings in the Control Panel and selected the English (UK) settings and this did make a difference to how Excel saves a spreadsheet in CSV format: semi-colon with French settings and comma with English, as...

Mode Function Using Text
I can use mode with numbers no problem. I need help with text. I have one column with approximately 1000 entries of company names. I would like to see which company's name is listed the most in that column, which company is the second most and so on. How do I write a formula to return this information without assigning numbers to each different company name I found some info on this site already, but the suggestions did not work. This works -- ctrl/shift/enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$1000,SMALL(IF(ROW($1:$1000)*(MATCH($A$1:$A$1000,$A$1:$A$1000, 0)=ROW($1:$1000))=0,"",ROW($1:$1000)*(...

Columns using month and year
I am trying to create a LAG report that gives what month/year (Jan 2006-Dec 2009) service was given (the rows) to month/year service (again Jan 2006-Dec 2009) was paid for (columns) with the sum of the Net $ as the result. I have a crosstab query which gives me what I need, except it only will show one year's worth of months without the year, so if someone get's service in November it could shows up as paid in January's column, but I need to be able to cross over the year into a new one without the months from all years being combined . Is there a way to show more wit...

CRM Outlook Client 3.0
Since installing the Outlook client my Exchange server has been running close to 99% of the CPU. If I disable the addin then everything runs fine. It seems to be only 2 specific users creating the problem. I've tried one of the user on a clean install on another PC and still have the same issue. If I run Outlook in Cache mode than it is the clients CPU and hardrive that are extremely busy. I've open a case with Microsoft over 2 weeks now and have yet to get a resolution. Hoping someone out there has an idea. We're using Outlook 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 Also same issue runni...

Convert .pub files into .jpeg
I am using Publisher 2000. My publication has been created exactly as I want it. What is the best method for converting my publication into a jpeg file format? Select all, copy, paste into Paint or like program and save as. Later versions of Publisher have the option to save as an image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Silly Lobo" <Silly Lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:864F6463-C66E-44B6-A7F4-74CB8667D606@micro...

Use of "AND"
How do i use "AND" in an if statement on Excel worksheet? Hi, when you want to meet two conditions for example A1= 2 A2= 3 if the conditions above are true you want to result be "OK" otherwise "WRONG" =if(and(A1=2,A2=3),"OK","WRONG") "Wally" wrote: > How do i use "AND" in an if statement on Excel worksheet? Here's an example: =3DIF(AND(A1>0,B1>0),"Positive","not valid") Both A1 and B1 have to be greater than 0 to get "positive". Hope this helps. Pete ...

FoxPro Files Too Large for Excel?
I am attempting to open .DBF files in Excel that contain over 300,000 Rows of information. Excel will only display 65,536 Rows. When I open the document in Notepad, I can view the missing information, but all the formatting is gone. Is there a way to open up the large document to spill over onto multiple spreadsheets? I would appreciate any suggestions, even recommendations for other software to use for this situation. xl cannot exceed 65,536 rows, Quattro can take more though. May be worth looking to see if you really need to bring the data int xl as the alternatives are Access and ru...

Same format using =
I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value ? thnks Stabilo, Select A1 Edit-Copy Select A5 Edid-Paste Special-Formats-OK Hope this helps Pete "stabilo" wrote: > I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific > font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the > formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and no...

Lost xls file
I worked on a Excel file in Outlook and closed it, saved the changes at the prompt and later went looking for it. I cannot find it. I believe it went into a "OLK" folder. I have tried all manner of searches and can only locate 5 xls files on my whole HD and I easily have 100+. What am I doing wrong? Rich When you open any attachment in Outlook, Outlook needs a location to store the file--it has to unencode the file into its original format. Outlook uses the Temporary Internet File folder to hold those files. You may want to start saving them to your favorite location (rightcl...

How do I use the same master pages setup in many files?
I´m using publisher 2003. I am making a big paper I do it like that I work in many small files which I acrobat (PDF) together in the end, so I don´t know how the pagesnumbers will turn out yet. I need to have 2 diffrent master pages layouts (I have made these layouts in one file). Each master pages layout depends on the pagesnumber, odd or even, so I can´t but the layout in untill I know how the final numbering will come out. Can I move these master pages layouts or set them as a default so I can use them in other files? Or do you know a good way to do this? A sma...

Using drop-down lists with keyboard #2
(Sorry for the double-post, first post went to wrong group) I am having trouble implementing drop-down lists in a way that is easy for a user who is using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Standard combo-box controls on forms are great - a user can tab into the field, type the first few letters of the value they want, then tab on out to the next field in the form. Maybe 5% of the time an experienced user might need to actually drop-down the list to find the value they want. I want this same ability in a worksheet cell. The combobox form control supports this (with MatchEntry = fmMatchEntryC...

use of xsd.exe
VS2005. I'm running a stored procedure and am stuffing the output into a dataset. I want the dataset to be strongly-typed, but can't seem to get quite what I want out. Performing a "Fill" on a generic dataset, I can get the schema of the data being returned. A snippet appears below: <xs:element name="Table2"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="PRODUCT_GROUP" msprop:OraDbType="126" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element ...

Sending using IMAP fails with... using full email address!
Welcome All, I am new to this forum and would like to get some help on how to sent email using Windows Live Mail. I have installed it and set up all the IMAP accounts. for example if my site is... www.mysite.com then my cpanel login would be... mysite and then my cpanel password I use to use these settings for Outlook 2002. I have now had to buy a new pc with Windows 7 due to a completely failure of my pc. Now I can get all the emails and subscribe to all the folders but I am unable to set any emails like I have always done before. I get the error saying to the...

E-mail E-Sticky notes using outlook
SpotNote 3.1 is a commenting tool that allows the user to post electronic notes directly to the documents they are editing. Cut out secondary documentation and emails to describe what you changed in a document for a team member or co-worker. Just Create a note and drag &#8217;N&#8217; drop them onto any office programs without effecting the files format. Also, SpotNote Merges IM with E-Notes BCI announces the addition of SpotLAN to its highly rated electronic note software, SpotNote´┐Ż 3.1. SpotLAN allows the business user to send custom sticky notes instantly across their corporate ...

Using a shared calendar in Outlook 2003
The shared calendar was setup in Outlook 2000 on another machine. Am I able to gain access to the calendar or no? I tried to install the net folders component but it seems it's not available for 2003, is this true? Thanks for your help. Yes, net folders has been dropped since Outlook 2002. There are a lot of third party tools that can do it when you don't connect to an Exchange server. Share just the Calendar; http://tinyurl.com/3p6xm Share all Outlook folders http://tinyurl.com/49lzg Also take a look here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [M...

Getting an Authenication error when using CRM 3.0 laptop client
Server: Win2003 enterprise SP1 SQL Server 2005 SP2 CRM Server (w/KB922815) Client: WinXP TabletPC Edition 2005 version 2002 (SP2) Office 2003 (SP2) CRM Laptop client for Outlook Hotfix (KB925874) Rollup 1 (KB922815) We are getting an Authentication error when working in both Custom and System entities. No problems accessing or entering data initially, but if you stay connected for a short amount of time it will give you an error while you're working in it. This happens mostly when offline and connected with a sprint aircard throught the VPN. We've deployed all known pat...

Datetime fields using time
When will MBS update the databases to include the time in all the datetime fields in sql? There are check constraints setup on all the fields so that it will update the times as 00:00:00. We could really use this information so we can accurately determine when transactions were created, posted etc. Can we just remove these contstraints on those tables so that the time is included? What was the thinking in removing the time in the first place? The reason is that that Great Plains/Dexterity operated on ISAM databases of PSQL and Ctree. Those databases didn't and maybe still do no...

how can i use headed house paper as stationery in outlook
Hi, I am trying to scan a headed piece of A4 headed paper which i can use a stationery in outlook in office std 2003. Can i scan it or do i build from design programme and what type of file jpeg ,bmp or ?? ...

Export to Text file.
Please help me. I writen this VBA code for export range to Text file. -------- Option Explicit Private Sub ExportButton_Click() Dim fHand As Long, expCode As Variant fHand = FreeFile Open ExportName For Output As fHand Write #fHand, TextBox 'TextBox included text "[Example]" Write #fHand, "key_temp=" For Each expCode In Range(CodeRef) Write #fHand, 1, expCode Next expCode Close fHand End Sub -------- I want export content should like this [Example] key_temp=1,000690;1,000063;1,000022;1,000829;0,600001;0,600005;0,000001;1,39 9001; -------- But now is...

Most Recent
Good afternoon, I'm trying to run a query that will only pull the most recent entry. I have my table set up with a field (Auto-Number) i just don't know how to make it pull the most recent entry (only). thank you for your help. Autonumbers are not a 100% guaranteed to be sequential so that could be a problem. If you want to be almost 100% sure, you need a field in your table that has a data type of Date/Time and a default value of Now(). You can try the autonumber field with something like: SELECT TOP 1 YourTable.* FROM YourTable ORDER BY YourTable.Autonumber_Field DESC; ...

sum() using indiect()
Can anyone post a formula that successfully uses SUM(INDIRECT("concatenated cell range")) where the path isn't local to the sheet it is on? ex: A1 = [TestBook.xls]Sheet1!B1 A2 = [TestBook.xls]Sheet1!B10 =SUM(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A2)) .....can you get that one to work?? See reply in .Functions Biff "Grymjack" <dcanham@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:nghng.50667$3B.13187@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Can anyone post a formula that successfully uses > SUM(INDIRECT("concatenated cell range")) where the path isn't local t...

embedding a word doc or pdf file into an access report
Is it possible to embed an MS Word doc or PDF file into an Access report? If so, how? Thanks in advance. ...

How to use
Can anyone tell me is there a web site that will help me understand how to setup and use Excel I am very new to this I am running win xp Thanks MalJo Couple of Excel on-line Tutorials to look at. http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:09:00 -0000, "MalJo" <williams.67@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me is there a web site that will help me understand how to >setup and use Excel I am very new to this I am running win xp >Thanks > ...

Not in Recent Docs
W2K Why dont my Visio 2000 docs appear in Recent Docs? Is it only your Visio files that don't show up? They should appear if you save them again, even if you don't make any changes. ...

Can we create custom SSRS reports for CRM Online using Visual Stud
Can we use Visual Studio (or SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio) to create custom reports that can be uploaded to a CRM Online deployment, or even download standard reports and modify them? I don't know how that would work because I don't know if we would have access to the SQL Server database. Hi Michael, you can add new reports into CRM Online - as when you add Reports into any Microsoft CRM Deployment, the upload rountine replaces the Connection Details in the Report with the correct ones for the CRM Deployment you are uploading into. However whilst you can...