*EASY* question 2!!

BlankAnd as a second thought.
In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no* date,
just the time.
How could i achieve this?
Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
attempted
Thanks in advance
--
@---}--
Laura.....  :)

"Do you know where you're going to?"

0
laura1 (60)

Hi again!

Select column A. Go to Format/Cells and click on Time (on the Number tab).
You can then select which type of time format you would like.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> BlankAnd as a second thought.
> In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no*
> date,
> just the time.
> How could i achieve this?
> Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
> attempted
> Thanks in advance
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
Andy
11/25/2005 11:22:24 AM
Yep...Im so dumb on excel :S
Thankyou!"!

--
@---}--

<Andy> wrote in message news:eNZcZKb8FHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi again!
>
> Select column A. Go to Format/Cells and click on Time (on the Number tab).
> You can then select which type of time format you would like.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Andy.
>
> "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> > BlankAnd as a second thought.
> > In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no*
> > date,
> > just the time.
> > How could i achieve this?
> > Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
> > attempted
> > Thanks in advance
> > --
> > @---}--
> > Laura.....  :)
> > Liverpool, England
> >
> > "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
laura1 (60)
11/25/2005 12:02:53 PM
Laura,
For archival purposes, please try to use more meaningful subject lines.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message
> BlankAnd as a second thought.
> In my A column I need to set it out like this HH:MM (AM/PM) with *no*
> date,
> just the time.
> How could i achieve this?
> Sorry for my questions but this is the first spreadsheet I have ever
> attempted
> Thanks in advance
> --
> @---}--
> Laura.....  :)
> Liverpool, England
>
> "Do you know where you're going to?"

0
Don

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

public folder referral #2
Hi, We are being told of issues in Europe related to an Outlook application (stored in a public folder). They said it was because the user PC was getting the data from the U.S. server rather than the European server. They pointed her back to the European server and her response time is better now. I can only guess: Normally, an european client should try to get his public folders from Europe server. In a case that EU server is not responding once, the client looks for other replicas and connects to US server. But the client will not get back to his default pf server, even when th...

Excel question #11
How do I lock a row of cells so that anything I type in them will be in upper case? ...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

Implementing Single Sign On #2
Thanks Mark & BigHaig, I tried it but its not working yet.I use SSL for my OWA authentication i.e https://servername/exchange.Could this be why its not working? -- Buchi On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:40:04 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Thanks Mark & BigHaig, >I tried it but its not working yet.I use SSL for my OWA authentication i.e >https://servername/exchange.Could this be why its not working? Yes absolutley. You didn't say about making that switch on your previous posts. You must enter credentials when you use SSL. ...

License Auditing (2)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) This was originally posted here: <a href="William Smith [MVP], "License Auditing" #2, 22 Jul 2009 7:09 pm </ms?13@@.59b789b7/1>">William Smith [MVP], "License Auditing" #2, 22 Jul 2009 7:09 pm</a> Hello - we have several (over 50) Mac computers on a corporate network and have run into a problem where a user who just installed Office is getting a license violation. We have kept track of all of our keys and thought that the key we put for this user is not in use, however that does not seem ...

WEEKNUM() Question
The results of WEEKNUM() don't correspond with the calendaring system I want. My first question is simple: How does the WEEKNUM() algorithm work? If I can figure out what it's based on, I can probably match it to the calendar I'm using. It looks like it's anywhere from 1 day off to 2 days off from my calendar, depending on when my week decides to start. The calendar I have starts on Mondays and assigns WEEK-1 to the first week of January with at least 4 days in it. So if WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR,1,1),2) is 5 (Friday) or greater, then the week doesn't start until WEEKDAY() y...

Outlook 2003 Attachments Question
Good Morning, I'm having a problem in Outlook 2003. When I have the reading pane open I am able to double click on an attachment and it opens normally. If I double click on the email and have it open, THEN try to open the attachment it tells me it cannot find the program associated with this attachment. Another problem is this: If I am in Word and go to File-Send to-EMail recipient as Attachment. It cannot find Outlook to send the message. However I am able to open Outlook and attach the file to a new email and send it. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you! ~Michael ...

Quick Question #3
I have a workbook that is basically made up of 2 worksheets, a importing data sheet and a chart. Everything works great, timely refreshes and its rather simple. The problem I have is this: The chart is basically a seating chart and does not change at all(static). The 2nd worksheet continuosly updates the chart and will sometimes add new values(dynamic). Well, my formulas that I have for each cell points to the dynamic sheet and the values will change on occasion, unpredictablely. How can I write the formulas pointing to certain values in the data sheet(dynamic) and lock the cells. Then any ne...

Filter Question 05-20-07
I have a List Box from a query on my form that has a field ClientID and 2 other fields and on my form I have one ClientID, How can I filter the list box to only show the two other fields with the same ClientID in the list Box, Thanks for any Help ...

CFileDialog question
I am using CFileDialog and using this is it possible to capture right click? For my requirement I do not want to process right click. Please let me know if there is a way to do this... Thanks Suchrithaa ...

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

SQL question
hello gurus I have a Cross Tab query that works fine. The SQL for this query ends with... PIVOT tblData.Region I've noticed that the column headings in my query result always show the Regions in alpha order (eg: East, MidWest, North1, North2, SouthEast). I've also noticed that I can 'force' the column order by using something like... PIVOT tblData.Region IN(North1, North2, MidWest, SouthEast, East) But, this later method presupposes that I know all of the Regions in advance. If a new Region is added, it won't be in the 'IN' function. ...

Question on CreateProcess / WinExec...
I'm using a call to WinExec, but in trying to get my code to compile under unicode, this call is not supported. I'm looking at CreateProcess and it looks like it requires you to close some handles or you'll leak. But WinExec works in an async way, how can I make CreateProcess work in an async way and not leak those handles? No problem. Just do a CloseHandle(proc.hProcess); after your call to CreateProcess( ... ). Your launched program keeps running. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- DataGet´┐Ż & PocketLog´┐Ż www.dataget.com Data Co...

a question about uml
Hello All,I have a question about UML Design. I have a System,it include module-A module-B and module-C. The A,B,C use socket to contact. I want to design module-B(the A had finished),also want to design modele-C's socket to B. How to design modele-B,is Modele-A is the "Actor" or "object" in User case and sequence. who can give me some advice or some docs.thanks. "lxg" <lixngang@163.com> wrote in message news:uHgHBWgvDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello All,I have a question about UML Design. > I have a System,it include module-A module-B a...

Generating customer names in B by entering acct# in A #2
Thank you BenjieLop . . . that did it. bu -- budmc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- budmck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26186 budmck Wrote: > Thank you BenjieLop . . . that did it. > bud You're welcome ... glad I can help -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http...

Copy from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2, 3 , 4 etc..
Okay. I learned a thing or two but still not working for me. Sheet 1 looks like this Monday Tuesday Wednesday Etc... John Smith off 4am 4am Katie Jones 4am 4am 4am Dawn Moran 4am 4am off etc.... I would like sheet 2 (renamed "Monday") to list the names with "4am" under the column Monday. And not list the names with "off" under the Monday column. So "Monday" sheet should look someting like Schedule Katie Jones Dawn...

Calendar View
All, My sales team currently uses exchange - and would like to become more in tune with each other's availability and what not. Currently, the only way to view another's calendar is to go throught the steps of creating an appointment, selecting members, then viewing which times are available. Is there an add in that will allow you to view calendars without going through the steps above? A quick view sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Chris I have seen something u can do with sharepoint. where you create a sharepoint site. put you vacation time in that. then, in outlook you c...

array question
I have a simple formula = {if(dummy=False,0,dummy_range)}. This formula is copied in cell A2:C4. Dummy_range = f2:H4. F2:H4 has numeric data from external workbook. I can't get the formula to work. When I copy the formula in Cells A2:c4 all I get is "1". ?? Example data F G H 1 3 5 3 2 2 4 1 1 >= {if(dummy=False,0,dummy_range)} Is there a difference between "dummy" and "dummy_range"? This (array) formula works just fine: =IF(dummy_range=FALSE,0,dummy_range) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mo...

Redirecting http to https for OWA #2
Got only one exchange server 2003 SP2 very simple setup nothing fancy. My consultant is setting up SSL and paid for a certificate from an outside vendor to use for syncing email to windows mobile devices. He wants me to warn all my users that from now on OWA access will not be mail.companyname.com\exchange but instead it will require https:\\blah blah... He told me that MS has a way of auto redirection of http to https for the OWA access url but it may not be 100% workable. I found an article from MS knowledgebase http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839357 and I wanted to know...

Setup Question
I'm new to CRM so any help is welcomed. I installed CRM 3.0 on my Small Business Server. The installation appeared to go OK. I can run CRM through my web browser on the server and on my local PC. On my remote PC (XP Pro) I installed the full client. When I open Outlook on this PC CRM complains that it can't find the CRM server. I checked the registry and the Http:// address is correct (http//:sbs.thclegg.com). I added the :5555 to this and still nothing. The next two problems I have are: 1) When I try to open any thing that uses the calendar function in the browser, I get...

Bond Price Updates #2
I am lost at how Money updates the prices of a bond. I have a bond that yields 6.75% with a maturity in 2011. I enter all the applicable information (including the fact that it pays interest monthly), and the price of $1,000 never changes. The fact is, bond prices fluctuate every day, so I'm not sure why Money is unable to perform this update. Does anyone have a clue on how to make this work? Thanks, Jon In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan Held wrote: >I am lost at how Money updates the prices of a bond. I have a bond that >yields 6.75% with a maturity in 2011. I enter all...

Demo/Trial Version of Point Of Sale 2.0
Hi! I live in Sweden and I cant order the demo CD frpm Microsoft because I cant select Sweden as shipping adress. Is there anyone out there who can provide me with a download link to get the Trial software. Or even upload it on my ftp server? Please email me at: teb@sysintell.com Thanks in advance! Best regards, Thomas Hi Mallorca, The 2.0 version is made for US only I think you must search any partner and you will get evaluation cd up to MS RMS version 1.3 it also available for partners/customer for download and 218 MB file. Rate please "Mallorca" wrote: > Hi! > &...

easy transfer
I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the new PC and just get the information off of the flash drive? Mike Givens wrote: > I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. > Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug > the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the > new PC and just get the information off of the fla...