zip codes don't merge #2

I am trying to mail merge w/ Word 2000 the names and addresses in my
worksheet.  When I get to the part to choose the format for the mailing
labels, I choose F1, F2, etc. to F6 (which is the zip code column).  A few
do get there, but the vast majority stop at the state, leaving off the
entire zip code.
I have gone to menu/format and selected text in the number tab.  I have gone
to format/cells and chosen special/zip code in the number tab.  I've read
Excel for Dummies.  Please help me.  TIA
bb

0
bb6107 (23)

inserting and renaming a sheet vba #2
never min, figured it out = -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

color coding a stacked column graph
Hi. I'd really appreciate any kind of help. I'm trying to make a stacked column graph with this data: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th C2360a 8450 8000 2900 750 11800 9800 2900 20750 865 2928 5800 26950 HM HM Skulls Tires w/ Rims P&S HM Turnings HM Lime Dolag Borings Shred I am not too sure how to organize this data, for one, to properly do this. Anyhow, first, I made a stacked column graph (changing series in rows --> columns) with the first two rows of the data. The problem that I'm faced with is that, what I would like to do is change the color o...

Problem with macro #2
I created a macro with hundreds of sets of criteria using Auto Filter to delete rows that meet specific criteria. Here is an example: Column A = 254 Column C = CTF Shift + End + down arrow (to delete rows meeting this criteria) Column A = 254 Column B = 220 or 221 Column C = WDI Shift + End + down arrow (to delete rows meeting this criteria) The problem is that this month's report does not have any values to meet the second set of criteria, and therefore the remainder of my macro does not work properly. How do I write my macro to move on to the next set of criteria if it do...

Zip code lookup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! On 3/22/10 6:24 PM, pastortom@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county > name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! Assuming that you have table of county names and zip codes in sheet 2, then you simply need a hlookup formula in each cell of column E in...

CRM Campaign Management Work-around in v1.2
Similar to the quick campaign in v3.0, is there a way to create a phone call activity for "multiple" contacts in v1.2? Afraid not. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "CG" <CG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE52140-9144-4B2F-8EC9-9E1671DBB9A2@microsoft.com... Similar to the quick campaign in v3.0, is there a way to create a phone call activity for "multiple" contacts in v1.2? Well, you could create a manual workflow rule that simply creates an activity, and then from any grid in CRM, select "Actions | Apply Rule", and sel...

The merge cells toolbar is disabeled in a file why?
I am using an excel file where the merge cell icon is disabeled...it's not allowing me to merge cells. Any tio will be much appreciated. Thanks Is the sheet protected? Is the workbook shared? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D20BC9D8-CB08-4DCD-8B4C-6BED294557FE@microsoft.com... >I am using an excel file where the merge cell icon is disabeled...it's not > allowing me to merge cells. Any tio will be...

Create DSN by programming code
hi all, I am a newbie in VC++. Any body know how to create DSN to connect to MS Access(mdb) file by programming code ? I don't want to set DSN from Control Panel (Data Sources (ODBC)) It is because I need to deploy my program to 50 Win2000 machines. Please help. Thank you very very much. alan Hello > hi all, > > I am a newbie in VC++. > Any body know how to create DSN to connect to MS Access(mdb) file by > programming code ? > > I don't want to set DSN from Control Panel (Data Sources (ODBC)) > > It is because I need to deploy my program to 50 Win2000 ...

Copy empty cells from one workbook to another
Hello, Sorry for posting 2 times. Date & time in my computer were not correctly set. In addition to what I've written before, here is the code I wrote: Sub Dataacquire() Workbooks.Open "data.xls" Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19").Copy _ ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19") ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False End Sub My problem that empty cells are not copied as empty and because of this I get an error messages in other worksheets (like #VALUE). How Can I solve this problem ? Thank you David Cohen ...

Import from Excel into Money #2
Some of my accounts are at institutions that don't work with MS Money, but which I can download information in Excel format. Is there a way to import this information from Excel into Microsoft Money 2004? You'll need to convert the information into QIF. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8 for some pointers -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com es...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

can i import a database from access into visio #2
im want to import a database from access to visio in hopes it will draw my er digram for me. any syggestions? ...

Macro to merge workbooks onto one worksheet
I have a folder containing a number of workbooks all with several sheets. I need to copy the data from a particular sheet in each workbook onto a template containing the heading row. I have looked at all the posts on the discussion group and tried to go through the steps on the recommended site (http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm), but I can't seem to get it to work with my case. It would be great if someone might be able to help as I am not that experienced with VBA. Facts: 1. I would like to browse to select the workbook folder 2. The sheet with data I need to copy is...

Match 2 different zip code lists
I have a large 42,000 list of US zip codes which each row (42,000 rows) has a zip code column, a counties column and states column that I want to match to a smaller 4,000 zip code list- with a zip code column & dollar amount column. Or even, use all the Illinois zip codes matched to a smaller IL zip codes list- so I can match same zip codes and corresponding county? Now, they are set up on separate workbooks or worksheets. thanks. Will123 wrote: > I have a large 42,000 list of US zip codes which each row (42,000 rows) has a > zip code column, a counties column and states ...

Creating an "exception" report from comparing 2 excel files
We run a report from our system every day that shows all employees and a bunch of demographic data on the employe. The number of rows varies based on the number of employees in the database. Is there a way to compare Monday's file to Tuesday's file in excel and get a list of just the rows that changed from the prior day's file? We have used a suggestion from (Martin W) "Say you have two sheets in one file Sheet1 and Sheet2. Then place this formula in A1 of Sheet3 and drag across and then down as far as needed. =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",1)" ...

Look up with 2 colums and 3rows
Hello all, In sheet 1, A1 has BUE, B1 has GDL and C14.53 kilos. I need to find a match in sheet 2 to look in row A1 for BUE, B2 for GDL and then look in colums C,D,E for the 4.53 kilos. C,D, and E has 7 kilos, 5 kilos and 4.7 kilos. Thanks ...

Mail Merge 12-16-09
Can I do a Mail Merge message from Outlook? With Outlook, sure. But not with Windows Mail (the subject of this newsgroup). "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E224B24C-5D6E-416C-9146-E02EFFD8544B@microsoft.com... > Can I do a Mail Merge message from Outlook? ...

Error in Code
Following is some VBS code I have in my Custom Form developed in Outlook 2003. Line 61 is giving me an error stating: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages' Line No: 61 If you look Line 51 is the same method and it works fine. The funny thing is when I run the code, I get the error, I continue on to the Form, and the code after it works. The code that follows line 61 is dependent on line 61 as evident by if I ' comment it out, I get a separate error asking for objPage2. The code also works if I change the value of one of...

Tender Type Scan Code
Hi everyone, What does the field Scan Code do when creating or editing a tender type? Does it allow me to select a tender type with a barcode scanner? Thanks in advance Rance Edwards Scan codes are used with programmable keyboards (ie PREH keyboards)...here's the help guide summary on scan codes pasted below: Scan code: The keyboard macro code used to directly advance to the tender type during a point-of-sale transaction (only if the keyboard has macro definition capabilities). For example, assume you have a programmable keyboard and want to program a code for the Cash tender type...

VBA code to call first date of the year and last date of the year
I have a command button and 2 text field : On click event I need Text1 to get the first date of the current year (like 01-01-2010) and Text2 to get end date of the current year (like 31-12-2010) Please advice Regards Irshad On Apr 15, 11:41=A0am, Irshad Alam <IrshadA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a command button and 2 text field : > > On click event I need Text1 to get the first date of the current year (li= ke > 01-01-2010) and Text2 to get end date of the current year (like 31-12-201= 0) > > Please advice > > Regards...

word 2007 how can I look at the html source code of my document
I am trying to look at the html source code of a word doc I saved in web page format. In 2003 I used to be able to look under view and source code. I am not finding the answer anywhere. I need to copy the html and paste into a myfamily website I subcribe to for the front page. Open the html page in a text editor such as notepad and copy it from there. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org &l...

Read Reciept #2
Is there a way to send e-mail with an automatic "read receipt" in 2002 without having to check it for each e- mail for that person? Thanx Edward Edward, for all outgoing messages: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail options > Tracking options. Check Request a read receipt for all messages I send and/or Request a delivery receipt for all messages I send. OK, OK, OK. For messages to a specific recipient, create a rule: Tools > Rules Wizard > New > Check messages after sending > Sent to [people or distribution list] > Notify me when it is read (and/or...

Shared Calendars #2
I understand there is a way to setup calandars in the Shared folders for users to view availability and book space for things such as meeting rooms. Couple of questions.. 1. I understand you could create a "Resource Account" How do you create a resource account and add the calendar to shared folders? 2. Do you need a different folder for each calendar or can they all go in one? Many thanks in advance. ...

Moving Exchange 2003 from one box to another #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00EC_01C61758.5F3AAE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Any pointers/whitepapers in moving Exchange installation along with = mailboxes and public folders from one box to another? Second box will = have it's own unique name and original box will still stay there with = Exchange services disabled. Thanks, GS ------=_NextPart_000_00EC_01C61758.5F3AAE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!D...

error code 0x80040155
Would be glad if I could be assisted with this problem I have. Anytime I try to send mail using outlook, I get the error message that "interface unregistered" and it is the same when I try to use clip art in any of the office products. Also, I am not too sure about my outlook email account configuration. I am trying to use a web-based mail account for the set up. I could use a step-by-step process in configuring a web-based mail account using outlook. Thanks. Ekanson, you wrote on Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:16:31 -0800: > I get the error message that "interface unregister...

2 Personal Folders
I am running Outlook on a standalone computer (not attached to a network) and have 2 Personal Folders. I have duplicates of my Inbox, Deleted Items, Calender, etc. How did this happen and how can I remove one? Thanx. -- RFS iBox Technologies Industrial & Security Computer Cabinets www.iboxcabinets.com begin 666 Randy F. Smith.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..E-M:71H.U)A;F1Y.T8N#0I& M3CI286YD>2!&+B!3;6ET: T*3U)'.FE";W@@5&5C:&YO;&]G:65S#0I414P[ M5T]22SM63TE#13HH-3$Y*2 T-S,M-S@P, T*5$5,.T-%3$P[5D])0T4Z*#4Q M.2D@.#4Q+3DP-#(-"E1%3#M73U...