YTD Totals

I have a spreadsheet table that lists each month and the totals at the end
for the past 5 years.  Is there a simple formula to put in to give me the YTD
increase or decrease.  The formulas I have tried give me incorrect totals.
0
Judy1 (93)

What formulas are you trying?

It is a simple Current YTD - whatever Prior YTD you are comparing it to =
increase or decrease

"Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: I have a spreadsheet table that lists each month and the totals at the end
: for the past 5 years.  Is there a simple formula to put in to give me the YTD
: increase or decrease.  The formulas I have tried give me incorrect totals.

0
nospam202 (664)

Need help with showing Totals
I have a clustered cylinder chart. Along the x-axis, I have the average test score per exam per class. For example, in the first cluster I have the average test score for five exams in the Science class. In the second cluster, I have the average test score for five exams in the Mathematics class, etc. For each average test score, I would like to display the total number of students that took the test above each score. In looking through several of the previous answers in this discussion group, I think I need to add a dummy series and plot the total number of students aga...

Giving Total in Report
Due to the amount of product we sell, we use and item movements report rather than a detailed sales report. It would be nice to have the total displayed on the report, without using the expanded 'Overall,' as this makes the report twice as long. Does anyone know how to do this? What total are you after? total item count? total sales? total cost? Sales and Cost are not really accurate in an Item Movement, because each movement may be sold at a different price ( Price levels, discounts, sales, etc...). In any case, I'm not sure why your movement report is easier to deal wi...

FRx YTD Summary statements
I have 5 divisions in one company. Using the reporting tree, I have a one summary page report for each division, plus a one summary page report of the 5 divisions accumulated under one total column. My problem is the one page report. It accumulates the 5 divisions under the one total column, and what I want is a one page report with one YTD column for each division, plus the total column - a total of 6 columns; how do I do that? JD Create a column report with a desc. column plus 6 others. For 5 of the 6 columns the G/L type would be the same but for each use the account filter to...

How to Total YTD Income Per Client and YTD Commission Paid Out From Adjacent Columns?
Hi everyone. I hope you can help me out here. Pretty Please. :) My manager asked me to use Excel to (1) total the YTD income for each client and to (2) total the YTD commission paid out to each person earning commission from an ongoing data table that is updated weekly. Question: What formulas do I use to automatically find the total year to date (YTD) income comming from clients: Anna, Bobi, and Casy. Similarly, what formulas do I use to automatically find the total year to date (YTD) commission paid to Zack and Yani? Since the income and commission amount is on a adjacent column, will this...

Completely, totally and utterly OT: Picture It Photo & Print Studi
Yes, I know the app in the subject's ancient (released towards the back-end of 2001, IIRC) but ISTR that the images and clip-art were of very high quality and I'd like to access it for general usage (i.e. in Publisher and PagePlus X2). I have installed PIP&PS no probs, and can launch it but, when I attempt to open any project (whether blank or predesigned) I am, rather unceremoniously, without the merest hint of an error message, dumped back to the desktop. Now, I am thinking that, when it was first released, XP (I'm running Home SP2) was still either in beta, or had j...

totalling across pages
I have multiple pages, each reprresenting a single property that I own. The topmost page is named "Total" and the final page is named "99". Each property is named differently, depending on the property number that I have given it. Each page is exactly the same. On each page is a cell, (C3), that is the "total cost." I would like to have the top sheet, named "Total" automatically add all of the C3's on every page and show the total. I would also like to be able to add blank pages before page "99" and have all the formulas work without do...

WTD, MTD, YTD
Dear friends, I have a table with the following columns: Code#, OrdDt, Quantity, amount, Salesrep, Customer, I want to form a query to show the following: Weekly: Code Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun TOTAL qty amt qty amt qty amt qty amt qty amt qty amt qty amt QTY AMT 7778 2 3000 4 322 7 9992 11 2828 3 847 83 3377 6 773 116 18616 5466 ........... Same for the monthly report and yearly. Can someone please advise how I can go with this? Thank you Gi...

Charting the total of my investment portfolio
I's like to be able to display a line or bar chart of the total value of my investment portfolio and show the changes on a month by month basis. I know I can create a chart of each investment's price and all investment's separate prices on one chart, but I'd like to see what my total portfolio is doing at a glance. Does anyone know how to do this ? Thanks, :: dave :: Customize a version of the net worth over time chart - you could create one ignoring all bank accounts, and just including investment accounts. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://suppo...

YTD Totals
I have a spreadsheet table that lists each month and the totals at the end for the past 5 years. Is there a simple formula to put in to give me the YTD increase or decrease. The formulas I have tried give me incorrect totals. What formulas are you trying? It is a simple Current YTD - whatever Prior YTD you are comparing it to = increase or decrease "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70CC1906-B7C9-4516-A410-42BD57028F71@microsoft.com... : I have a spreadsheet table that lists each month and the totals at the end : for the past 5 years. Is ther...

Changing Total Sales in Customer Properties
Is there a way to adjust a customers total sales in their customer properties under puchase history? We are using the customers total sales to run a customer appreciation program (without paying for additional software) and one customer has made some significant purchases in the store but forgotten to put them onto their "account". Now the total sales needs to be adjusted accordingly to show the real amount. Is this possible? Thank you. Easy ... run a SQL to do the trick. Something like: UPDATE CUSTOMER SET TOTALSALES = 129.00 WHERE ACCOUNTNUMBER = '9999999999' &quo...

Sum YTD by Code
I reference a report of data by code in workbook W1.xlsx produced by another workgroup, something like this. Note that the codes are in random order. A B C D 1 code Jan-09 Feb-09 Mar-09 2 c 200 150 300 3 a 300 310 315 4 b 225 215 210 I need to produce a report each month in a separate workbook that will provide a YTD sum by code. The desired month is entered in B1, e.g. Feb-09. I need a formula for cell B2 which I can copy down column B for the other codes that will result in ...

Totalling Yes or No Answers
Can someone email me a small sample database that reflects a yes or no answer to a group. like if i want to know how many 35, 36, 40 yr olds are married, which is answered by a yes or no. Can some one help Please Email belczyk@gmail.com How do you want to do this, in a query, on a report? Steve "belczyk@gmail.com" wrote: > Can someone email me a small sample database that reflects a yes or no > answer to a group. like if i want to know how many 35, 36, 40 yr olds > are married, which is answered by a yes or no. > > Can some one help > > Please > &...

running total in SmartList Builder?
Hello: Is there a way to have SmartList Builder perform a calculated field where the field is a running total? I have a column that is the Actual Apply From Amount from PM30300. I need it to be a running total for each PO Number in the PO Number column. The PO Number column comes from PM30200. Is that possible, or am I stuck creating a SQL view (fun, fun!). childofthe1980s Child, The $64,000 question: Why would you want to know how much is applied on a historical document? If it's in history (PM30200) it's supposed to be fully applied, isn't it? Besides the point, I...

Transferring date from multiple worksheets to a "totals" worksheet.
Hi, would be most appreciative if someone has a solution to this. As am new to Excel I don't know if it is possible to do but hopefully i is. Here is the situation - I have a workbook with lots of differen worksheets. All of the sheets have the same columns. What I want to d is whenever I add an entry into one of the worksheets that entr automatically gets added onto the end of the totals worksheet. eg Sheet One Property Date Price X dd-mm-yy 123,456 Y dd-mm-yy 456,789 Sheet Two Proper...

can i calculate the total of a particular text field?
i have a field called "heat expense", the contents of which are: under 50, 50-100, and so on. i need to find out how many people pay under 50, how many people pay 50-100, and so on. i cant calculate the total because it is not a number or currency but a mix of both. i cannot perform mathmatical calculations on memos right? there must be a way to find out how many fileds contain "under 50" total. ...

Total this column
I have a column of numbers that look like this. 1805 (1591) 1351 (1078) 1318 (1117) 418 (394) 344 (306) 260 (247) 247 (226) 205 (142) 156 (139) 144 (109) 142 (117) 139 (122) I want to total the part NOT in the parentheses. How do I remove the part in parentheses OR total without removing. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave One method. Insert a column right or left of this column if you want to retain the original format. Copy the column of data to the inserted column. Data>Text to Columns>Delimited>Next>Space>Next Select the column with the...

Grand Total
I want to add up the total for a whole Column and get the subtotal a the bottom. I also want ot be able to add entries when I want. When try this I can't add new entries as the grand total is in thw way. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could move the total to the top of the column, or use Data>Subtotals to display totals when required. dstarr < wrote: > I want to add up the total for a whole Column and get the subtotal at > the bottom. I also want ot be able to add entries when I want. When I > try this I can't add new entries as the gr...

find numbers that total to a target, need examples
Does anyone have a list of numbers for which they need to find a set that adds to a certain value? I am working on some code and would like some real world examples to feed it. For example, say I have the following list of numbers: 979.22 7047.06 10737.24 5533.48 11508.32 13852.8 3145.03 1914.74 3339.86 -3339.86 9055.51 -9055.51 1193.44 4305.22 2665.57 11996.98 4104.66 11257.6 I want to find the combination of numbers that add to $76,395.94. Does anyone have any lists they could post for me to test the code with? Long or short lists will work, and real world examples are preferable. Thanks...

Viewing Account Totals in CAN not US
Hi, How can i view my total balance of all accounts in CANADIAN dollars. I also purchased Money 2006 Canadian Edition, however everything looks the same as the US version, anyone tell me what the difference is? AFAIK Money decides if it is Canadian or US version by the Regional Settings in Windows Control Panel. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedb...

Subtract several rows from a total
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C53AC8.AD6EB0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, I have a total in cell C32. I want to subtract numbers in cells C 34-40 = and have the answer in cell C41. I know that =3DC32-C34 will give me an = answer but I want several rows to be subtracted. What would my formula = be? I have used the insert function feature before but I don't see diff or = anything that looks like a subtraction function in there. =20 Thanks, Linda ------=_NextPa...

Contracts based on total minutes, not in number of cases
I have created a Contract template, based on Total Minutes of cases, but it doesn't work. When I close a case of 30 minutes, for example, it only substracts 1 unit from total allotments. Is this a bug, or I'm doing something wrong? I have seen someother in this forum had the same problem, and addresed it in some way, but I didn't find the solution anywhere. We have the same problem. Have you found a solution yet? "P.Igualada" wrote: > I have created a Contract template, based on Total Minutes of cases, but it > doesn't work. When I close a case of 30 mi...

YTD with conditions
Hello, I produced a formula that I need to have expanded. =SUM('2010 Actuals'!E2:INDEX('2010 Actuals'!E2:Q2,MATCH(Sheet1!C5,'2010 Actuals'!E1:Q1,0))) I would like to do another condition based on my Category (E). It needs to sum all values in the given Category. As you can see, I have one condition for Period, which is C5. I somehow see the use of Sumproduct formula, but cannot visualize it. Can you please assist. Thanks Hi, Could you show us how the data is arranged and what the data is exactly -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Exc...

Subtracting Prev YTD from Current YTD where Prev is Null is always returning Null value
I'm trying to subtract Previous YTD values from Current YTD values. There are instances in Current YTD where it is a new item, so no previous YTD value exists. so as examples: Current YTD = 10 and Previous = 7, result is 3 Current YTD = 10 and Previous = 10, result is 0 But if Current YTD = 10 and Previous = Null, the result I need is 10, but I get Null My formula is: Weekly Total: Sum(([Current YTD]-[Previous YTD])) I have instances of adjustments where the result can be negative, so I cannot use and absolute value. Any ideas? Thanks! Try using the Nz function to replace a Null v...

Total Failure of CRM/SQL
I am (was) running CRM 1.2 and SQL 2000 SP3 on the same box when CRM started acting funny and finally i couldn't access the web interface anymore. The box was still running (W2K3)so I backed up the databases with NT backup. Now, i rebuilt the server and have tried unsuccessfully to restore the CRM data following the IG. Any thoughts? Thanks. Do you have a backup of the sql database? If you have a backup of the database you can restore and do a reinstall of CRM, dont try to restore the crm program as well. Just restore the database, install CRM and point it to the database. >-...

Formula not calculating total
Hi I'm doing a report in excel and when I try to use autosum to add up my columns, it doesn't add up the columns requested. Instead, it just types the formula in the cell destination. Hope someone can help, otherwise I've got to get my calculator out! Thanks Debbie "Debsy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC90F5F1-CC00-4710-A9A7-B29B4C763030@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I'm doing a report in excel and when I try to use autosum to add up my columns, it doesn't add up the columns requested. Instead, it just types the formu...