XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel

Hello

I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav
problems with the most stupid issues.
Here is one of them:
in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past
tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin
was working.
Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past
special (Biff5).
I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t
Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee
to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets.
Yes, I could also use pass through query from Excel to Access but mos
of this copy and paste happen spontaneously (on demand, whe
investigating problems with the figures) so I cannot always use smar
SQL.

I bet there is a simple setup somewhere.
Help!!!

I spent lots of time copying and pasting data from Access, and use the
following macro to convert the imported data:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html#Program

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Excel Macro's
In layman's terms, what is a macro? can you make them for just about anything? and how do you make one? (I get all the way to the part where you click on record macro, then I am dumbfounded). I am not that familiar with macros but I use them for like sorting information or refreshing all pivot tables and stuff like that but once you start recording a macro, it will record every single thing you do like if you copy and paste something it will copy your moves. To stop recording you go to tools, macro, and then stop recording. To use your macro you insert like a button from fo...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

popularity of Access?
Team; has anyone done any serious reviews on the uptake of Access 2007? It seems dreadfully slow-- conversions; etc-- but I've got a dozen clients that insist on diving into it for the new Excel functionality. Do you guys believe that Access 2007 is 'a success'? Is it as popular as Excel 2007? Is it going to stick around- in it's current shape in the next release? It is an Access 2000 or an Access 2002? (in quality). Have you guys heard- in the real world- with what is happening with the next release? I've heard a lot of good stuff about Access 14... I've been wo...

Import from scanned page into excel
I have been asked to take a printed document that contains a list o phone numbers, scan it, and import the list into excel. What is th easiest way to do this? Thanks, ena -- ena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2865 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55745 I'd use my scanner and scan it to a Text file. Then use File|Open inside excel to import the data. But there are some scanners that come with software that should import directl...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Secondary Copy

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

local copy of mail

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Copy picture ossice wizard

outlook.pst access denied
I am on a stand alone PC runing Windows 98. Outlook was running slow and hanging up trying to open a MS Word attachment. I shut down the system. It shut down cleanly and rebooted cleanly. However, when trying to open Outlook after the reboot, I receive an error message stating that the file Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook/outlook.pst can not be opened. Access denied. Using Explorer, I am able to look at the properties for outlook.pst. It is a 90MB file and all appears to be normal. Any ideas? ...

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

MS Access and using the Average function in a report
Help pleaes. i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please help me if you can -- Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare In any report or group (not page) header or footer, you can use a text box with a control source like: =Avg(DateDiff("d",[StartDate], [EndDate]) If you can't figure this out, then come b...

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

Outlook 2000 SP3

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Pivottable linked to Access problems
Hi, I have a large Access database (300,000 rows) linked to an Excel pivottable. As the database has grown, the linking/refreshing performance has decreased and lately it's been crashing. I've worked around it by creating smaller queries off the main table and linking them to the pivot tables. My question is if anyone knows if MS Office 2003 or XP works better, cause I'm using MS Office 2000. If so, I'll want to upgrade! Why not use a crosstab query in Access and link Excel to that? P "Jeff Beamer" <jbeamer@equitable.ca> wrote in message news:0e1...

To Get PC's Information And Send To Excel
Hello all, I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I need the Version, SN, Manufacturer, Model and System Type. Can anyone help me? "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88883F79-E3B7-4D60-9C7B-0BDC75E83DBB@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window > xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I > need > the Ve...