xls spool file doesn't automatically link to new xls file

I created a .xls spool file, as an output from a SQL script.

This .xls spool file is the source file for a report in xls. I would
like to automatically update the xls report - when opening - with the
new data from the xls spool file. However, this can only be done if I
also open the source file. And that's exactly what I don't want. I only
want to see the report xls file. Does anyone know how tho do this?

--
zimon72
zimon72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30592

Can Excel files be converted to OFX to OFC or QIF files?
I have lots of financial data and was thingking Money might allow the conversion - Quicken says no so anyone know if this is possible? Thanks Mike In microsoft.public.money, MichaelG wrote: >I have lots of financial data and was thingking Money >might allow the conversion - Quicken says no so anyone >know if this is possible? Thanks >Mike Show patience. > I have lots of financial data and was thingking Money > might allow the conversion - Quicken says no so anyone > know if this is possible? Thanks A few years ago, I have trouble to transfer data from trial ameri...

Opening a PPM file Image
Hi everyone i have basic knowledge in opening a bitmap image and showing it. I hope you can help me on how to read a PPM File format and view it. Thanks try OleLoadPicture "dacky" <harvey.daclan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160994129.923299.221860@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi everyone i have basic knowledge in opening a bitmap image and > showing it. I hope you can help me on how to read a PPM File format and > view it. Thanks > > Hi everyone i have basic knowledge in opening a bitmap image and > showing it. I hope you can help me on how to ...

conversion to qif or ofx file format
Does anyone know of a conversion utility or plug-in that converts xls to qif or ofx formats...thanks RCofCupertino wrote: > Does anyone know of a conversion utility or plug-in that converts xls to qif > or ofx formats...thanks free plug-in: http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php ...

xls extension
when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I stop this happening? Hi If you go to Windows Explorer and on the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and then click the View Tab. Scroll down until you find the check box that says 'Hide file extensions for know file types. If you click this box to check it on, your .xls should be hidden. You will probably have to close Excel and restart it and then it should work. Hope this helps Ann >-----Original Message----- >when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I >stop...

Live File System format
After exchanging the motherbaord of my PC I can't formt on my rewritable drive with Live File System - only Mastered format is offered. Can someone advise please? Regads Mandy Sorry but I forgot to note in my above post the drive is DVD RW. I can't format it with Live File System - only Mastered format is offered. Regards Mandy Mastered is better anyway. if you want to lose files - use 'Live fileformat". I love Microsoft for their excellent products. But like most techies or professional people, or anyoen who KNOWS ocmputers deeply, I am so disgus...

Internet Links
When I add a web page link into an email, it shows up just as text, and does not allow anyone to just click on it and go to the page. How can I change this in outlook 2003. Thanks. I want to be able to just click on a web link and have the receipient go to it, without having to copy and past. When you are composing a new message go to Format and make sure either Rich Text or HTML is selected. If it is Plain Text the hyperlinks won't work the way you want. "J" wrote: > When I add a web page link into an email, it shows up just as text, and does > not allow a...

Check out Excel file from SharePoint; if no other Excel file is op
I’m opening (checking out) an Excel file from SharePoint and trying to apply a test to see if there is another Excel file in SharePoint already open. If there is an Excel file open, I want a prompt to be displayed to a user. If there is currently no Excel file checked out, then the user can open the file without any problem. Here’s the code I have so far: Option Explicit Sub UseCanCheckOut() Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim wb As Workbook Dim xlFile As String xlFile = "https://globalconsumer.w.net/sites/Shared%20Documents/test/" & ActiveWorkbook.Name ...

2007 Outlook.exe process consume CPU and continues running after File->Exit
I have Outlook 2007 running under Windows Vista and have a situation where Outlook consumes the majority of my CPU cyles (always above 80% in the Windows Task Manager) and close Outlook using File->Exit, the outlook.exe process continues to run and consume CPU cycles. I can't run Outlook again unless I terminate the process. Anyone else seen this behavior? Any solutions? In my add-in list I have the following, some of which surprised me: Cloudmark Desktop (Spam catcher) iTunes Outlook Addin (? didn't know iTunes did this) Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging Microsoft Offic...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

xls attachment became dat
Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague. The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat. My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook? Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express? These two are very different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft Outlook) while the other cannot. The common message formats between Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML. Therefore I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in Pla...

[Visio 2003]Inserting ico file
Hi, does somebody know hao to insert an *.ico file in a drawing (without = converting it into a image file jpg/bmp...) ? Thanks ...

Saving .xls without macro
Hello, I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t it. This is my issue: I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th resulting sheets as .xls. The resulting sheets are saved with origina macro. I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th macro. I am using this code to save my file as .xls. File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now "mmddyy") & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="",...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

automatically adjust sale price
When I add a product it does ask the purchase price and the sale price but I am looking for a easier way so that all he products have the markup added to it instead of manually doing it and risking a error. How do I do this? Money 2004 SBE ...

Does Excel file retain link to template?
In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand alone once it's saved? Thanks in advance! Stands alone once saved. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:38:01 -0800, Sherlock <Sherlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. >Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand >alone once it's saved? > >Thanks in advance! ...

Transfer files
Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? Yes. -- Ronin "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > Yes and No! "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > "dan&quo...

problem saving to file an HTML email message
When I try to save an HTML email message to a file I get an error message saying "Out of memory or system resources - close some windows or programs and try again." I have closed all other windows/programs except Outlook and I still get this message. I can save other non-HTML messages as text without problem. This is with OL98 and WinXP. And ideas on how to save an HTML message? Thanks for any ideas. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com ...

temp files
How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. Type %temp% in Start - All Programs - Accessories - Run -- .. -- "Karen F" <fetter@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:%23FWmmtPrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do you find and delete the temp files in Vista. Not the temporary > internet files, just the temp files that are not needed. Thanks. You can also Download and use ccleaner.exe works great. http://www.ccleaner.com/ Russ -- Russel...

converting works 4.5 files to be read in excel 2002
Or can you even do this. I know you can convert works to word. Thanks for the help ...

Do installation files expand into more than one file?
Are there any files in an XP installation CD or any of the SP's that during installation expand to be more than one file? If the answer is no, I guess I'm thinking of .exe files that install programs, and in doing so expand the single .exe file into lots of files that get saved in various folders. Does anything like that happen when installing Windows or a Service Pack? Perhaps when installing a .CA_ files or a .CH_ file? Thanks The date and time was Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:07:57 PM, and on a whim, mm pounded out on the keyboard: > Are there any fi...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Parsing an XML file, ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. HELP!
I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code: XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(FileLocation); XPathNavigator xPathNavigator = xPathDocument.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator nodeIterator = xPathNavigator.Select("/plist/dict"); nodeIterator.MoveNext(); nodeIterator = nodeIterator.Current.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.All); where FileLocation contains the full path of a local XML file. Why is this trying to access the file via the proxy ? What can I do to fix this ? JezB wrote: > I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code:...

How do I bring page from one file into the other?
How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other? I try copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes. Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything pastes but the text boxes are all empty. Is there any more "normal" way to do this? Are the text boxes linked to other text boxes? If they are, break the link, the text will still be there. Copy/paste again and then re-link. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9F73A4D-8FC4-4935-8...

How do I import OE .dbx files into outlook?
Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important OE .dbx files. How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can access the content? Simon wrote: > Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important > OE .dbx files. > > How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can > access the content? Why do you no longer have OE on the old machine that crashed that we are to assume where you will reinstall the same version of Windows that before had OE? See http...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS