Xls does not appear

When I open a xls file (that was previously created by a
VBA program) , the sheets dont appear BUT the VBAproject
associated to it opened in the VBA window. Also when I
try to reopen it I got the message "File is already
opened". Thanks
0
anonymous (74725)

Hi Nadine

have you tried in excel itself the option of window / unhide to see if the
workbook has been hidden?  Once you unhide it save it again and then close &
reopen and see if the problem goes away.

Cheers
JulieD

"Nadine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open a xls file (that was previously created by a
> VBA program) , the sheets dont appear BUT the VBAproject
> associated to it opened in the VBA window. Also when I
> try to reopen it I got the message "File is already
> opened". Thanks

0
JulieD1 (2295)
8/19/2004 1:35:50 PM
just a layman's suggestion, try Alt+F11 to toggle or switch from xl view
to VBA view and back.

---

Task Category does not appear to sync between CRM 3.0 and Outlook
I've been trying to find a way to sync the category field on a CRM task with the outlook task categories. Is this possible? Have I missed something? Whatever category I set for a task in Outlook it is blank in CRM. The same is true the other direction. The tasks themselves seem to sync but the Category fields are unaffected. Any help would be appreciated. ....Steve This field is not synchronized and the mapping is not customizable. Maybe you could store the data in the subject field. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

xls extension
when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I stop this happening? Hi If you go to Windows Explorer and on the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and then click the View Tab. Scroll down until you find the check box that says 'Hide file extensions for know file types. If you click this box to check it on, your .xls should be hidden. You will probably have to close Excel and restart it and then it should work. Hope this helps Ann >-----Original Message----- >when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I >stop...

Paste Values appears to be broken
Has anyone else run into difficulty where "paste values" pastes both values & formatting? If I right-click>paste-special>paste as text, the data pastes as desired, but using edit>paste values, I'm getting both values & formatting. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. David, if u want to paste the value without the original formatting, then there's a way around it. Double-click on the cell u want to copy and select its value. The double-click on the cell u want to paste and do paste. Hope this is helpful "david" wrote: > Has a...

making a minus number appear in brackets
If I have a minus value in excel then normally it appears with a '- before the number... fine. However, many accountants want to remover the '-' and replace wit brackets '(x)' around the number. This makes it easier to spot th number, especially if the numbers they are dealing with are large. I'm sure it is quite easy to do this on a single cell, but can it b done for an entire worksheet, like a rule...? like, if x = -x, then (x) or something like that? Please help cheers Richar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at custom cell fo...

inserted graphic files don't appear in publisher 2003
Inserted graphic files in publisher 2003 don't appear. The picture placement markers are there. I can move the blank insert. I just can't see it. Any suggestions? What happens if you go to View > Pictures > Detailed Display? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "terpgirl" <terpgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7631F23A-61A9-4D07-821E-C0A2D6CE911B@microsoft.com... > Inserted graphic files in publisher 2003 don'...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

xls attachment became dat
Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague. The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat. My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook? Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express? These two are very different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft Outlook) while the other cannot. The common message formats between Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML. Therefore I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in Pla...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

Saving .xls without macro
Hello, I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t it. This is my issue: I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th resulting sheets as .xls. The resulting sheets are saved with origina macro. I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th macro. I am using this code to save my file as .xls. File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now "mmddyy") & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="",...

Can the shape (appearance) of a cell be changed?
How do I change the appearance (shape) of a cell. I want to display a number (created by a formula) over another number (manually entered). My preference would be for the outcome to look like a cell with a diagonal line so that one number is over another,similar to this 22/44. I think I would need each numer to be a separate cell since formulas will be used. Hi! Have a look at the following: http://tinyurl.com/2fa4g Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

launching xls in web browser
I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser. The first one launches successfully in a new browser window. The second one also launches successfully. However, the first browser window becomes blank after the second report launches. When I close the first browser window the second window becomes blank as well. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

importing .xls chart info to .xls calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I take the information in an .xls file and import it to a blank .xls calendar? ...

Holidays no longer appear on calendar.
When looking at Holidays under "Events" I see that they only go up to 2002. How do I get them to continue into future years? See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm Bob L. wrote: > When looking at Holidays under "Events" I see that they > only go up to 2002. How do I get them to continue into > future years? Thanks! It updated nicely. >-----Original Message----- >See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm > >Bob L. wrote: >> When looking at Holidays under "Events" I see that they >> only go up to 200...

contacts appear as deleted in my list when they didn't delete me
I have this situation come up every once in a while is anyone else experiencing this? and what is causing the miss labeling? -- Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy Skywolfe Hi Skywolfe, Just to confirm, how are you identifying them as being deleted? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "Rage Skywolfe"...

Opening xls files in word
When I open an excel file it opens in word. If I open Excel and then open the file it opens properly. How do I change the default to open all excel files in excel? Rich Rich, Open up Windows Explorer, click the 'Tools' toolbar and then 'Folder Options...'. Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to find the XLS file extension. Highlight "XLS" - I think it will say that it's set to open with Microsoft Word. If so, click the 'Change' button and set it to open with Microsoft Ex...

Getting text to appear in another cell
Hi, I am using Excel 2003. There maybe a simple solution for this, but being very new to Excel I am struggling a bit and would be grateful for any help. I am developing a horse tracking spreadsheet. What I want to do is create a formula that does the following: If I input "W" into cell, say J6, I want the character "L" to automatically show up in J5 and J7. Likewise, if I input "W" into J5, I would want the character "L" automatically inserted into J6 and J7 and the same goes for a "W" into J7, the character "L" would be automati...

xls:1 but no xls:2
Hi, I have a workbook which opens with the window title filename.xls:1 as if there are two or more views of the same workbook. However, there is only one view I can find (I have minimised the window within Excel, looked for other Excel windows but to no avail). When I try to close the file (ctrl-w or clicking the lower x) the workbook disappears (as expected) but Excel behaves as if I have just closed one of several views: it doesn't ask me if I would like to save changes. However, when I close the Excel program, it behaves as if I am closing filename.xls and asks if I ...

I do not have Excel, can I read .xls files sent to me?
I do not have Excel, yet I am sent .xls files. Is there anyway I can read these files even though I do not have Excel? I have WorksSuite 2003. Hi you may try the free Excel viewer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD010225881033.aspx "RevEPR" wrote: > I do not have Excel, yet I am sent .xls files. Is there anyway I can read > these files even though I do not have Excel? I have WorksSuite 2003. Try the free Excel viewer from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN -...

Convert CSV Files to XLS
Hello: I have approximately 1300 .csv files that I need to convert to .xls files so I can extract data from a master spreadsheet. Excel apparently requires a .csv file be open to extract the data. I could open each one individually and do a save as, but that would be rather tedious. Is there a way to programmatically do this. The .csv files are in the following format: xxnzz.csv where: xx is 01-29 (notice the leading 0) n is n zz is 01-110 (notice the leading 0 on 1 digit numbers and that the highest number is 3 digits, 2 digit numbers have no leading 0 i.e. 21n99. "Pigs can't be...

pasted picture won't appear
I'm running windows xp and word 2002. A week or so ago I could select a portion of a map in streets and trips 2010 and copy it, then paste it in a word document. It appeared fine and I could edit it. Now every time I try it all I get is a box with a square, triangle, and circle in it. I can see the picture on the clipboard. Pasting into paint works fine. I don't know what changed. I've tried repairing word, but it doesn't help. It is actually not uncommon that that problem is happening because you are actually copying code rather than an image. The best thing ...

Save .xls as fixed width text or csv
How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file? Brian Save it as a space delimited text file *.prn -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Brian Jenkins" <bpjenkins@delinvest.com> wrote in message news:032301c38e92$77252bc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file? ...

import groups from xls
In outlook 20000, If I have an excel spreadsheet with First, Last and email address for 50 people, can I import it as a group into outlook? -- http://QLiner.com Authority does not make you a leader It gives you the opportunity to be one. - Anonymous You can import it into your Contacts folder. You'd still have to then either create a distribution list manually or add each of these 50 people to the To or BCC field for an email message. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide...

Comments appear when printing
While I asked Excel to show a comment, it doesn't appear when printing The only way to solve is to create a small text box but it is not linked to a cell and could be displaced My question: is there an easy way to make the 'comment' appear when printing ? Thansk in advance Joël In File - Page Setup select tab Sheet look for Section Print and "Comments:" select "As displayed on Sheet" from the drop down box. This will print comments as they appear on the sheet. "Joël" wrote: > While I asked Excel to show a comment, it doesn't a...

office 2003, changing the new graphic appearance back to office XP standard.
This may sound a bit backward but having installed the new office 2003 I'm a bit dismayed about the new graphic layout. It's indeed very artsy but at the same time it's also less clear-cut compared with the standard office XP layout. This is particular obvious in OUTLOOK where I think the "old" view of the inbox (sorted after sender) is MUCH more compact compared to the same view in office 2003. Therefor I would like to know if there is a way to change the graphic view in office 2003 back to office XP (or something more similar to it). Indeed, I want to get rid of the ex...