XL 2k - all digits in cell turn to 0 after 16th digit

In Excel 2000 numbers in having over 15 digits in a cell
results in each digit from 16 on turn into zeros (0).  How
can I enter numbers over 15 digits?
0
anonymous (74719)

XL only calculates to 15 digit precision!

To enter numbers larger then 15 digits, that will *not* be used for
calculation (credit card #'s - part #'s), you can enter an apostrophe ( ' )
first, which will not display in the cell, but will be visible in the
formula bar.

On a larger basis, simply *pre-format* the column to "Text".
Changing the format to "Text" *after* entering the long numbers will *not*
work.

If you truly need to calculate these large numbers, then XL is *not* the
program for you.
--

HTH,

RD

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
In Excel 2000 numbers in having over 15 digits in a cell
results in each digit from 16 on turn into zeros (0).  How
can I enter numbers over 15 digits?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

combining two cell values to one value to chart
Hello While making a chart I wish to combine two values from two seperate cells to make one value to send to a chart. In this case it is the values for the columns named S3 and S4. Enclosed is the ss please refer to sheet 3. I don't know the formula for adding the two and displaying. It's a bit confusing this ss formatting. The S3 col are L and S4 is N. I don't know if I have to make the calc show in a cell or just do it on the fly. Using the chart wizard it's the series values I believe is where a formula could go. thanks for any help given, Steve Sorry, looks like I ...

Upgrade 6.0->7.5->8.0 with PA
I am conducting a test upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0 through 7.5 with Project Accounting on a test server. The PA conversion to 7.5 took about 11 hours which is manageable but the conversion to 8.0 has already taken 3 days! and is still running. It has spent most of the time on one particular task and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any way to improve the situation. All I can see from SQL Profiler is that the auto-procedure zDP_RM00401SS_1 is being called for each row of that table in turn sometimes many times for the same row. There are about 28000 rows and I&...

Exchange Server 2003 Evaluation, 2K server, 2K3 Upgrade
I have a Windows 2000 Server running Exchange 5.5. I want to end up with a Windows 2003 Server running Exchange 2003. I have purchased Windows 2003 Server. I understand that I can't run Exchange 5.5 on it, and that I have to run Exchange 2003 on it. Can I do the following steps in the following order: 1) Download the Exchange 2003 Evaluation version. 2) Install it on my Windows 2000 Server. 3) Upgrade my Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Server. 4) Purchase a license for Exchange 2003 and install it, without losing any settings or data. When I first installed Exchange 5....

VBA Digital Signature not working
I've used VBA macros with Excel2007 with no problem until two days ago when I upgraded from Windows Vista Home Ultimate (x64) to Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). Since then, I can only get my macros to work one way... If I open the workbook directly and try to run the macro, I get an error saying the macros are disabled. It does not give me the warning asking if I want to enable the content. The macro is signed with a local certificate, and I've verified the certificate is trusted and in the trusted root certificate store. My macro security is set to disable all macros ...

Adding current dates to adjacent cells automatically.
I'm creating a checklist in Excel 2007 and would like to know how to add a date in an adjacent cell automatically whenever I enter a specific # into another cell. Does any one know of a simple formula? Would apreciate it very much. FS. If A1 cell value is 55 then this formula will get you the Today's date. =IF(A1=55,TODAY(),"") If A1 cell value is NUMBER, then the below formula will get you the Today's date. =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),TODAY(),"") Change the A1 cell to your desired cell. -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- &...

how can i automatically insert cell values into a comment field?
am trying to insert specific (other) cell values into another cell comment field. Pretty general question. If it's only one cell, copy the value and insert/edit the other cell's comment and paste. If it's lots of cells, you could use a macro. But since you didn't give any real details, here's a pretty generic userdefined function that might help you: Option Explicit Function CopyValToComment(FCell As Range, TCell As Range) Application.Volatile If TCell.Comment Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else TCell.Comment.Delete End If T...

How do I allow users to edit a cell's contents, but prevent them from moving, cutting or deleting the cell?
I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words, be able to edit the cell). Any suggestions VERY welcome. TIA, Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Dan E (removethis) wrote: > I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which > would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to > clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other...

Label a button from a cell content
Hello, Using Excel 97, is their a way to aquire the label for a button from cell on a different worksheet? :confused: Thanks in advance, Sp -- spyrul ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spyrule's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2548 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38935 ...

Access 2K Update to SP3
I need to update a copy of the original Office 2K ACCESS application to SP3 I have attempted to do this starting with SP1 but get error stating that it is not the version this update was expecting. Customers application was written in Access 2k with sp3 and I need to revise some of the code. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just to make sure, click on Help, About and see what version it is on now. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "cvegas" wrote: > I need to update a copy of the ...

Best way to format cells for entry...
I have a spreadsheet – with 60 rows of Tasks on the left side and 75 columns of Cities on the top. Each City has two different inputs for each row/task, i.e., for the task in Row 3 - Baltimore takes 15 minutes to complete the task and performs the task 4 times. I want to be able to sort each task showing which City (1) takes the least amount of mins and performs the task the least amount of times and (takes the most amount of mins and performs the task the most amount of time; I will also need to have a total amount of minutes (converted to hours) for each City (taking into accou...

changing default language in XL
I know this probably sounds completely stupid, but i have a swedish version of XL and want to change it to English, as well as not understanding swedish, i am not 100 percent on computers. can someone please help? Thanks Pete. I don't think you can. I think you have to buy the English version... ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote in message news:cUiIf.5957$j7.214198@news.indigo.ie... >I know this probably sounds completely ...

Change cells with same data
Hello Everybody, I was just wondering if there was a way in excel (office xp), were I could change cells that all have the same data, maybe number or text(like a word). At the same time. If there was a command or function that would go through them all and change it if i changed one of them. something like that. Thanks in advanced. You could try Find+Replace (Ctrl+H). You tell the system what to find and what to replace it with, click Replace All and it's done! HTH, Steve "MtK" <kamachi923@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2565ad7.0312081006.506c6801@posting.google.co...

Using RichTextBox to edit Cell content
I need to use a RichTextBox to edit the content of a Cell. I think VBA is required to do this since LinkedCell cannot be a calculated value... Any help would be appreciated. More details on what I need to do: a) A range of Cells with 2 columns contain a Date in column#1, and a Note in Column#2 b) From a Combo Box, I select the date for the Note I want to View/Modify c) That specific note is picked up by VLOOKUP and displayed in the RichTextBox d) I then need to edit the content of the RichTextBox e) Once done with the edit, I need to send the content of the RichTexBox to the proper Cell in C...

Relationship between Campaign and Marketing List in CRM 3.0
Hi, Do there exist any database relationship between Campaign and Marketing List? If I want to view the infomation present in the Marketing List, when a custom field in Campaign is checked,then how can I relate them.There is no unique field that i can find between them. Can anybody help me in knowing as to how can I proceed further ...

Protecing cells
Hi, I'm just wodnering if there is any way at all to protect a cell in suc a way that users are unable to copy and paste data in to the cell fro the system clipboard? I don't want to lock the cell, just protect i from "outside" data as this usually ruins the formatting of the cell. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This could be a possible solution: Run DisableCutAndPaste from a suitable event procedure (e.g. Workbook_Open or Worksheet_Activate) and EnableCutAndPaste from another (e.g. Workbook_Close or Worksheet_Deactivate). Sub DisableCut...

XL 03 vs XL 97
Is the newer version of XL that much better than 97? I have a copy of Office '03 Student and Teacher edition, but have never bothered to install it. Are the improvements in it actually worth the effort to mess with it? There are several improvements, but not very spectacular ones. The next version of Excel (due late 2006) will be the biggest change since many years. See http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:wNednQFttM0wajreRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Is ...

XL 2000 templates non-operative w/XL 2003?
One of my users just moved some templates from an old machine to a new one. They were created in Excel 2000 and worked fine. In Excel 2003, he hits File, New, sees the list of templates, but when he tries to open any of them, nothing happens. No error message, just nothing. Is the older template format incompatible with Excel 2003? "Doug Kanter" <ancientangler@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:_dNFe.2398$cg.69@news02.roc.ny... > One of my users just moved some templates from an old machine to a new > one. They were created in Excel 2000 and worked fine. In Exc...

Exchane 2k Backup Exec
When ever I try to backup Exchange using Backup Exec (version 9 or 10) I always failed at trying to backup disabled accounts. How can I get it to backup disabled accounts? Thanks On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:22:02 -0800, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When ever I try to backup Exchange using Backup Exec (version 9 or 10) I >always failed at trying to backup disabled accounts. How can I get it to >backup disabled accounts? > >Thanks By design. Solution: 1. "Exchange Advanced" in ADUC for that account / Mailbox rights button. Add the...

HELP
Hi all, I am stumped again. On sheet one I have a summary of projects On sheet two need 18 rows to auto populate (with the same ID) as the project are input into sheet one. For example if id# 333 is input on sheet one, 18 rows of id# 333 will auto populate with pertaining data. If another id is input 18 more rows will appear below that with the same data. Is this possible? Thanks, John ...

Change color of a cell if another cell has text in it
I am trying to achieve this: If i have text in range a5:b144 then I want to color each coresponding cell in the range d5:e144. ie: if a5 has a number in it... then d5 turns yello ie: if b33 has a number in it.. then e33 turns yello Is there a way to do this? D. Select D5:E144 With D5 the activecell format|conditional formating formula is: =A5<>"" give it a nice pattern format. If you really wanted to distinguish only numbers, use a formula like: =isnumber(a5) Danielle wrote: > > I am trying to achieve this: > > If i have text in range a5:b144 then...

Align left and Align right in the same cell
Hello! In a new workbook, take cell A1 and widen it to 7" long. Now, is there a way I can align "To:Mom" to the left and the date to the right in the same row and column? So for A1, it would look like"To:Mom Jan 11, 2009"?? I only want to use one column.And without VBA. Maybe, if you can't do a flush left and right in the same line, is there a code for tab similar to CHAR (10)? I was thinking something like ="To:Mom"&CHAR(tab)&CHAR(tab)&NOW ?? Thanks! VR/ Lost Cell enter A1 Mom B1 the date (if today use <Ctrl>...

How do I show Free/Busy calendar status between Exchange 2K and 2K3 Servers?
I have recently moved my mailbox from a native Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 server within the same site. What do I need to configure, so that I can see the Free/Busy aviliability of people I attempt to schedule in Outlook, who's mailboxes still reside on the Exchange 200 server? ...

Can I keep and hide a formula if there is no value in cell?
I have a form that has formulas in it- my question is: Can I hide and keep the formulas in the cells without there actually being a value in it? thanks so much If your cell has a formula in it, then it has a value in it. But you could use a value that makes it look empty--just have it return an empty string: =if(a1=3,a2+a7,"") Ev wrote: > > I have a form that has formulas in it- my question is: Can I hide and keep > the formulas in the cells without there actually being a value in it? thanks > so much -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com When I do this... will ...

format cell
How to set a cell so that when I key in [number] follow by [/] follow by [number] and display as number - number I.e key in 3/4, appear as 3 - 4 Not by formatting alone. You could format the cell as text (not general, not a date) and use the adjacent cell to return the string the way you want to see it: =substitute(a1,"/"," - ") After you do all your data entry, you could hide the original column or even convert the formula column to values and delete the original column. crapit wrote: > > How to set a cell so that when I key in [number] fol...

digital certificate for my macros with SelfCert.exe
How do I distribute my digital certificate created with SelfCert.exe to my company users? MVM AFAIK, you don't distribute your certificates. Your users, when asked whether to enable macros in one of your workbooks, should check the box that adds you to their trusted sources. On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:55:04 -0800, MVM <MVM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I distribute my digital certificate created with SelfCert.exe to my >company users? >MVM ...