XL 2007 Custom Views - Print Settings Option

Hi again.  I have been learning how to use the Custom Views... pretty
straight forward except that I have a mental block about the Print Settings
option.  If this feature is de-selected, what is the impact?  I cannot see
any difference between a custom view which has this feature enabled versus
one which has it disabled.

Can anyone enlighten me?  All help is always appreciated.
--
LPS

Hi,

I am not aware if you are trying to ask questions about the Print Preview or
the Custom View.

The only thing that Custom View does is save viewing properties (such as
zooming values, 100%, 40% etc,). Print Settings is separate from any kind of
viewing options(except Page Break Preview which lets the User adjust how much
of a spreadsheet can fit into one page).

Hope this information helps
--
Vicente Tulliano

"LPS" wrote:

> Hi again.  I have been learning how to use the Custom Views... pretty
> straight forward except that I have a mental block about the Print Settings
> option.  If this feature is de-selected, what is the impact?  I cannot see
> any difference between a custom view which has this feature enabled versus
> one which has it disabled.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me?  All help is always appreciated.
> --
> LPS
Thanks for your response.   I'll try to be more specific...  It is Custom
View in Excel 2007, not print preview or page break preview.

When you click on Custom View (Excel 2007) and click "Add", you are prompted
for 3 things:

1)  the name of the view
2) a check box for print settings
3) a check box for Hidden rows, columns and filter settings.

I have tried different scenarios, with the print settings check box enabled
and disabled and I do not see any difference in the resulting saved views.  I
was just wondering what the check box for Print Settings is meant to do (and
I cannot find any reference to it in the on-line help).

Thx,

--
LPS

"vttotal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not aware if you are trying to ask questions about the Print Preview or
> the Custom View.
>
> The only thing that Custom View does is save viewing properties (such as
> zooming values, 100%, 40% etc,). Print Settings is separate from any kind of
> viewing options(except Page Break Preview which lets the User adjust how much
> of a spreadsheet can fit into one page).
>
> Hope this information helps
> --
> Vicente Tulliano
>

> "LPS" wrote:
>
> > Hi again.  I have been learning how to use the Custom Views... pretty
> > straight forward except that I have a mental block about the Print Settings
> > option.  If this feature is de-selected, what is the impact?  I cannot see
> > any difference between a custom view which has this feature enabled versus
> > one which has it disabled.
> >
> > Can anyone enlighten me?  All help is always appreciated.
> > --
> > LPS
From help on custom views(2003)

Before you create a view    Set up the workbook to appear the way you want
to view and print it. If you include print settings in a view, the view
includes the defined print area (print area: One or more ranges of cells
that you designate to print when you don't want to print the entire
worksheet. If a worksheet includes a print area, only the print area is
printed.), or the entire worksheet if the sheet has no defined print area.

I can't find simi;ar help in 2007 but I would imagine the same applies.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:04:01 -0800, LPS <LPS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for your response.   I'll try to be more specific...  It is Custom
>View in Excel 2007, not print preview or page break preview.
>
>When you click on Custom View (Excel 2007) and click "Add", you are prompted
>for 3 things:
>
>1)  the name of the view
>2) a check box for print settings
>3) a check box for Hidden rows, columns and filter settings.
>
>I have tried different scenarios, with the print settings check box enabled
>and disabled and I do not see any difference in the resulting saved views.  I
>was just wondering what the check box for Print Settings is meant to do (and
>I cannot find any reference to it in the on-line help).
>
>Thx,

0
Gord

Clipping the MainFrame View with another View
I am creatiing an alternate custom view (derived from CView) for my SDI application, which I show in its own custom frame derivative of CFrameWnd. I create the frame with CreateObject(), then I attach the View to it via the CCreateContext argument passed in LoadFrame(). Works great!. However, I would like this new view to clip the main frame window even when it is not in focus, instead of hiding behind it when not in focus (similar to the way a modeless Dialog window shows). I have been experimenting with changing windows styles for the new frame and the new view by subclassing the CRE...

MSN BillPay and Money 2007 #2
Has anyone had any experience with setting up MSN BillPay in Microsoft Money 2007? From Managing Online Services within Money 2007 I signed up for MSN BillPay and have my user name and password to make payments but limited to using the MSN Web Site. When I try to enter this info in Money 2007 to activate MSN billpay online services I get a message saying that I must have "special sign-in information" other than the web based user name/password and points me back to the MSN Web Site for the needed info. My problem is that I cannot find any mention of this special sign-in on any of t...

changing default language in XL
I know this probably sounds completely stupid, but i have a swedish version of XL and want to change it to English, as well as not understanding swedish, i am not 100 percent on computers. can someone please help? Thanks Pete. I don't think you can. I think you have to buy the English version... ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote in message news:cUiIf.5957$j7.214198@news.indigo.ie... >I know this probably sounds completely ...

Excel to delimited txt file in UTF-8 char-set
Dear All, Is Excel capable to save to a delimited text file in UTF- 8 char-set format? I have searched around google group and yahoo, etc... but noone seems to have the answer. It would be really apreciated if someone can help me out of this. Thank you very much in advance. SIM ...

When I hit reply my view shrinks to an unreadable size.
I recently installed Outlook 2007 and it was working fine, but suddenly now when I reply to a message the entire view (including my response) shrinks down to an illegible size. It appears normal on the receiving end just not readable on the sending end. If I manually enlarge the font so that I can read what I'm typing, the received email is enormous. I bet your zoom is off. Do you have a wheel mouse perhaps? Press Control in the body of your email, and scroll the wheel to make your font go back to normal size. "FCarey" <FCarey@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Report data truncated on Access 2007
Hi. I have an application in Access 2003 that creates reports dinamically, and asigns font sizes for the data to be print. When I run the application in Access 2007, the font's size for some fields are changed to 11 instead of 8, and hence the data on the reports get truncated. Any ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks. The simplest way is to make a version that only runs in 2007, correcting those controls where the font size goes awry. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alexrs2k" <alexr...

can any one help me in viewing DHCP active leases database ? #2
hi, i am working on a project, as part of the module i have to retrive the ipaddress which r dynamically alloted by DHCP server to all it's DHCP client, these dynamically alloted ipaddress r maintained in active leases database of DHCP server how i am able to view or retrive the data from DHCP server using MFC or is there any other way in getting dynamically alloted ipaddress from DHCP server, i have struck up with this. pls can any one help me in this . my advance thank's to any body answer me and get me out of this prob. byeee lucky u can also ...

minor suggestion for Outlook 2007
This is really a minor suggestion - it would be great if when I opted to look at Contacts 'By Category', that all the groups were in a closed postion .... or if I had the option to expand or compress all. That's it. Thanks, DH "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:O09XezKaIHA.5784@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This is really a minor suggestion - it would be great if when I opted to > look at Contacts 'By Category', that all the groups were in a closed > postion ... or if I had the option to expand or compress all. > > Vi...

MS Office 2007
OK, so we implemented Office 2007 in our office, and now getting questions that I'm not able to figure out. The newest one is, is it possible to insert an existing XLS document into word, so that when there is an update in XLS, it will reflect in word? I know there is the option to create an excel table w/in word. But the data already exists in an excel sheet. Also, with the inserted excel section, if we use the size feature to change the size of the box, it will also change the size of the fonts. If we make the box bigger, it will enlargen the font size, making it much ...

Add the day to the 7 week calendar view
Hi, How can I add the day to the 7 week calendar view? I had a look through the menus and options but couldn't spot it. -- Kind regards Dan Pickard ----------------------- http://hosting.fast-trak.net http://www.design.fast-trak.net http://www.training.fast-trak.net Searched on the web version of the group and found the answer. Regional settings in control panel sorted it, just added dddd, to the long date. -- Kind regards Dan Pickard ----------------------- http://hosting.fast-trak.net http://www.design.fast-trak.net http://www.training.fast-trak.net "Dan" <daniel...

Memory settings for Exchange not optimal
I'm getting this error: The memory settings for this server are not optimal for Exchange. Event ID 9665. I did as much research as I could before posting this here, and what I've done so far are what most people recommend to resolve this problem. Here is my boot.ini: .... multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030 I have also modified my registry : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold = REG_DWORD 0x00040000 And rebooted of c...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

HELP needed
Hi I have created two custom attributes in Contact, published the customizations, created an email template and inserted them in the body. Created a workflow rule to send an email. Mail sends ok, but the custom fields ate not instantiated (they are empty). Standard attributes are ok.. Please give me some help. I published aggain... nothing happens Thanks ...

Where can I view the detailed info about my WLAN connection?
Hi, Is it possible to view the mode(a or b/g) and channel of my active WLAN connection on Vista w/o installing any 3rd party software? My corporate WLAN contains multiple APs that share the same SSID but operate in various mode and channels and I want to know something about what I'm currently using. Thanks! Zuxy On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:46:35 +0800, Zuxy Meng wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to view the mode(a or b/g) and channel of my active WLAN > connection on Vista w/o installing any 3rd party software? My corporate WLAN > contains multiple APs...

XL 03 vs XL 97
Is the newer version of XL that much better than 97? I have a copy of Office '03 Student and Teacher edition, but have never bothered to install it. Are the improvements in it actually worth the effort to mess with it? There are several improvements, but not very spectacular ones. The next version of Excel (due late 2006) will be the biggest change since many years. See http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:wNednQFttM0wajreRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Is ...

Spellchecker in word 2007
why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "Osama" but not "Obama?" It does recognize it here. Is your copy of Word 2007 fully updated? If not, you can download the needed updates, or you can add Obama to your custom dictionary. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cg" <cg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C2676C-4841-49C9-9C03-444F43415A96@microsoft.com... > why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "...

Converting from Money 99 up to 2007
Can somebody tell me how I can upgrade information from Money 99 up to Money 07 ? I tried to upgrade from 99 to 2003 however, the 2003 can't read the 99 version. A year ago I gave up and decided to keep a hard copy of all the information I keep within my 99 version, but hopefully somebody smarter than me can help me to recover this information In microsoft.public.money, tico67 wrote: >Can somebody tell me how I can upgrade information from Money 99 up to Money >07 ? I tried to upgrade from 99 to 2003 however, the 2003 can't read the 99 >version. A year ago I gave u...

how do I set the time in the mail portion of outlook
I am having trouble with the time (maybe zone) in the mail portion of Outlook - it is correct in the calendar portion but seems to be exactly an hour off in the mail section. If I send something at 8:42 a.m., and then go to sent mail after sending, it says I sent it at 7:42 a.m. I have checked my time zone and it is correct for my area. I would appreciate any help in relieving my frustration :) is your daylight time setting correct? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040401.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneN...

Office Basic 2007 to Home and Student 2007?
We need Powerpoint for the kids and Basic does not have it. If we install HS 2007 will we loose Outlook? No you wil not. If that's all you need, you may find the PowerPoint upgrade is a little less expensive that buying Home and Student 2007. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C61DA13-ACF4-48A4-A1C6-E07093B4B7C9@microsoft.com... > We need Powerpoint for the kids and Basic does not have it. If we install ...

Logon 2007
I have installed Office 2007, but Outlook does not have a Logon/password prompt and I have been unable to find out how to achieve this. Is there a reason why you want a logon prompt? Have you set up your email account on there? Are you on a domain (at a business) or are you using it at home? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Hilary Lewis" wrote: > I have installed Office 2007, but Outlook does not have a ...

Two Sets of Time Data
I want to show the number of people arriving at work between certai hours and the number of people departing work between certain hours o one chart - how do I do that? lme -- lme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lmeg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3585 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56893 ...

how do I set up a calendar as a web page?
Have worked thru the assistance for saving calendar as web page til I get the to the part where I have finished the end date of the calendar. The next step tells me under Options I need to click the options I want. My problem is that I cannot find the Options button on that menu to select options. Know I must be doing something wrong. I'm thinking they mean the Options in the options section of the "Save as Web Page" dialog "VA rider" <VA rider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DEAF29-24BC-4420-8017-4BCB75E5A5C7@microsoft.com... > Hav...

Thesaurus on Publisher 2007
Tried to Access Thesaurous, program asked for Front Page 2000 disk. Got error message about overload. Tried looking for "thesaurous" on installation disk but couldnt find it. Original program was downloaded from internet. Can I download the thesaurus from Microsoft or should I just re install the program from the disk? -- kesbiz Are you using a trial version? What happens when you click Research? (alt+click) Can you access the Thesaurus through the Research task pane? I don't know if the Thesaurus is included in the Publisher standalone, but if you have installed Office ...

How to password protect hidden columns and custom views in Excel
I want to create a spreadsheet with some columns that contain data that I want to password protect to limit access to only some users. Alternatively, I would like to create a custom view that hides these columns and then password protect the view. I can't figure out how to do this. Any help? I presume that you want just a few columns protected and the rest of th worksheet to be editable? (I think that's a real word!) One option is to lock the cells you want protected: - In your work sheet, press [Ctrl] + [A] to highlight all the cells - Right click in the worksheet and select *Fo...

Customize Service Levels
In the new contract template form, is there any way to change the available service levels from Gold, Silver, Bronze ? My client has 4 service levels (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta). I've looked at contracts and contract templates in the customize entity area, but can't see how to change this... Thanks Hi Chris, To do this, follow these steps: - go to customization - go to customize entities - open contract - go to attributes - open contractservicelevelcode - modify the values. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Chris J&q...