X axis location

I created a chart with x-axis at the bottom.
How do I make the chart have the x-axis on top instead?

(Y axis can stay on the left side as it is now).

thanks
T.
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi,

I think if you click on the Y axis, go to format axis,
and check the "Value (x)axis crosses at maximum value"
at the bottom, you'll be set.

jeff

0
anonymous (74721)

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

Outlook 2003 Stationery Location
Is it possible to set the outlook stationery location to a network drive? I have a network where the users map H: as their home drives and I want to put the personalised stationery forms on H:\Stationery. They could then log into any PC and Outlook would pick up the appropriate stationery file. This is for Outlook 2003 btw. TIA I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to use the folder redirection feature in Windows XP and Windows 2000 to accomplish this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users...

how do you split the scale (x-axis) on a curve graph?
In Excel, how do you split the scale on the x-axis to obtain a better representation of a curve (scatter with smoothed lines) graph? I have many points over a short range, but other points also far from that range. If it helps, it is a stress-strain curve, where i try to show the yield stress, the proportional limit, the ultimate stress, and modulus of elasticity. Thanks Now this is one that I have specific experience with as it is directly related to my Master's thesis. I was looking at the yield stress of an oriented polymer film at a pull angle off of the orientation axis. I...

Need Replacement Disk: Office v. X
I bought Office X for my Powerbook a few years back. My hard drive recently crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I still have my CD Key for Office, but the disk is damaged beyond repair. Is there any way I can get a replacement disk? All of my password and registration info was lost with my original hard drive. Thanks, JT In article <1174506415.746449.65340@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, tompkins.jon@gmail.com wrote: > I bought Office X for my Powerbook a few years back. My hard drive > recently crashed and I had to reinstall everything. I still have my > C...

resetting flyer from 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 paper size
in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size? Select all, group items, stretch to fit new paper size, resize fonts in text boxes. If you don't want to do that, select all, group items, copy, paste special, paste as an enhanced .wmf., resize, all items will scale properly. Keep the original for editing, as you can not change the text or graphics after athe enhanced .wmf is created. "the librarian" <the librarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95DAC63E-9E29-4B...

Mac OS X Panther changes Word files to Unix
I've just tried to transfer Word v. 5.1 files from a Power Macintosh 5500, OS 8.1 to my iMac running Panther and Office for OS X. The floppy disk opened on the iMac, but all the file icons had changed. Get Info identified all these as Unix exec files. Also, when I tried to eject the floppy I was unable to drag it to Trash. I got message saying that it was still in use, and to try closing applications. No apps were open, and only a restart allowed me to release the disk. Any ideas why this happened, and how I can restore my old Word files, so that I can burn them to a CD? When I was on...

How do I make excel start with 0 instead of 1 for my x values?
I have a set of data and I am plotting population levels on the y axis and time on the x axis. I want to start at time of zero with an initial population. I can't figure out how to make excel start at 0 instead of 1. My first data point is ( 1,y1) and it should be (0,y1) to be correct. on your graph right click on the y-axis--> choose format axis-->scale-->change the minmum to 0. hope it works. regards, Nikki "mountainsol" wrote: > I have a set of data and I am plotting population levels on the y axis and > time on the x axis. I want to start at time ...

Microsoft OS X Excel
My question is this: How do I copy our company logo into the header section of an Excel spreadsheet? Christine Hi Christine, I don't think you can do that. The header and footer sections only accept text. That would be a nice new feature, though. Please take a moment to send your feature request to Microsoft (they don't read the newsgroup postings necessarily). Here's the URL to use: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/feedback/suggestion.asp If you send feedback to this URL then it is tracked in Microsoft's database and read by the product managers. They rely on user feedback ...

chart x-axis breaks
I have a line chart with dates on the X axis that range from 1/1/2001-Present and I'd like to show breaks at the end of each year. Is there a way to do this? I'd like the plot area to be different colors for each year if possible. ...

Using to Browse to a folder and save the location
Hello I'am wanting to create a form with a browse button to find a specific filename on a disk,folder and save the location to a tablie linked by a key from another table. ie Ref No From table one linked and saved to results from browse button (table2). When I call up the Ref no it will go and search for table2 for the disk and folder and filename to call up the .doc or any filename saved,if no results are found then to ask the question where the filename located and again to save the results to table2. Can this be done? The code you need to open the File Open dialog and return t...

Recent Office X.x upgrade shutdown problems
After running the recent upgrade for Office X (version 10.1.5), I've noticed that all the applications - Entourage, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint - take a considerable amount of time to shutdown when you exit the application. Testing each of the four applications, selecting "Quit application" closes all windows, but then takes up to one full minute to shutdown the application completely. This problem is consistent across all four applications. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, is there a fix yet from MS that I have not seen? Regards, Thomas If you're runni...

Suppress higher values in y-axis
How to get a y-axis which doesn't show any values at its upper half, eg: a line with tick-marks up to 200 but the values shown in axis is until 100 only (blank line in upper half of y axis)? Thank you. Hi, You can use a custom number format. [White][>100]General;General You will have to set the font colour to have transparent background. Cheers Andy Casy wrote: > How to get a y-axis which doesn't show any values at its upper half, eg: a > line with tick-marks up to 200 but the values shown in axis is until 100 only > (blank line in upper half of y axis)? > &g...

Closing Excel from X
I have Office XP. Once Excel is open and want to close from red X, it is greyed out. Are there any solution? Thanks. Do you have Groupwise? If so http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199&Product=xlw "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b501c3ca43$b9fe5ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... : I have Office XP. Once Excel is open and want to close : from red X, it is greyed out. Are there any solution? : Thanks. : : ...

How do I hyperlink to a file located in a remote FTP?
I have a website for a bunch of rental properties. To expedite the application process I have included a link to a downloadable WORD document. I have uploaded the WORD document to my remote system through my host's FTP client. NOW, how do I link publisher to that file? Thanks Devin You would create a hyperlink on one of your pages to the Word doc file. Keep in mind that the user will have to have Word and will have to download and save the file to fill it out. "hooliganz_021" <hooliganz021@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA3B6DF5-AD59-4379-9B90-E3...

Have X's and Y'x, need formula
Hi all, I hope you can help an old dog learn a new trick here. I have a list of 20 values for X, and thier matching Y values. Now, what I need to do is find a way to get a formula so I can put in a different X and get a Y. I hope that's specific enough, I'm not sure how open I can be with this data. I am using Excel 2000. Thank you all in advance! -Tatsu -- Tatsukun ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tatsukun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23820 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

Help me find a circular reference cells located in unknown multita
When I open my xls file (2003) I keep getting a circular reference error message. I can't find the cell among the numerous sheets. ? Also I found it once & checked it using the precedents button & it looked alright but I keep getting the error. Is the circular reference error message always always right ? You may want to try Stephen Bullen's utility: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for FindCirc.zip John7100 wrote: > > When I open my xls file (2003) I keep getting a circular reference error > message. > I can't find the cell a...

Finding out if attribute X exists with XmlTextReader
My docs have attributes called "order", with a default value of 1. So if there is no "order" attribute, the program shall use the value 1. Implementing this with XmlTextReader was harder than expected. Since GetAttribute() returns null if the attribute isn't found, and null can be interpreted as false, I thought this would do it: decimal order = 1; if (r.GetAttribute("order")) order = Convert.ToDecimal(r.GetAttribute("order")); I get the error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'bool' What's the ri...

How X-ax reflect correc time interval when don't have all points
I need to reflect correct time intervals in my chart i.e. 15,30,60,120 minutes. I have different treatment groups and measure a specific value at each time point but I don't measure at all time points i.e. I measure 0,15,30,45,60,90,120,180 ect. The time has to be on X-Axis but at the moment, all time points I have are treated the same and don't reflect correct interval i.e. the distance between 15-30 on X-Axis is the same as the distance between 60-120 min. I use excel 2003 version. Narges It sounds like you are using a Line chart, not an XY (Scatter) chart. To get your X a...

How do I make a flier 2 x a5 on a4?
How do I make a flier - 2 sheets of A5 - onto 1 sheet of A4? Put the same text on the page twice? On Feb 15, 12:51=A0pm, rangerover <rangero...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I make a flier - 2 sheets of A5 - onto 1 sheet of A4? How do you turn the text so the 2 x A5 are on there side on the A4 ie 2 x portrait A5 on 1 x portrait A4? "Peter T. Daniels" wrote: > Put the same text on the page twice? > > On Feb 15, 12:51 pm, rangerover <rangero...@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > How do I make a flier - 2 sheets ...

Entourage X database retrieval HELP!
Hi, I've read other postings of this issue, but no resolution, nor a final answer for what is/is not possible when it comes to data retrieval. My Entourage X crashed and will not allow a rebuild (no space on disk) because 3.92 GB of memory were used out of 4 GB. I had received notice of this in the few days leading up to it and promptly deleted large attached files and other large files. When I continued to get the message, I tried the basic rebuild and it failed because of no available space. I cannot open my Entourage as it insists that I rebuild and crashes. How can I r...

Microsoft Office X #5
Version: Older version Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm not sure that whether am I eligible to purchase the upgrade version of Microsoft office 2008 if I am the user of Microsoft Office X? On 8/5/09 9:41 PM, in article 59b79b1d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Khoo@officeformac.com" <Khoo@officeformac.com> wrote: > I'm not sure that whether am I eligible to purchase the upgrade version of > Microsoft office 2008 if I am the user of Microsoft Office X? Yes, you qualify, but if you don't need Exchange, it's cheaper to get the fu...

How to do Z-axis ordering on elements in a Dialog Box?
As you may know from my previous threads, my program is reading in data from many files and I have a progress bar to display this. Once each file is loaded the progress bar is incremented and the name of the file is displayed in a text control in the middle of the progress bar. The only problem I'm having is that the progress bar is being displayed on top of the text, so at the moment, I'm having the text below the progress bar, which takes up more space and isn't at pretty. Soooo ... how do you implement Z-axis ordering? Thanks! You can use SetWindowPos to change the zorder....

In a Macro replacing $x with ($x + i) gives x+1 not $x+1 as expe.
$x eg $10 can be replaced normally by $11 but when used with the counter i ( i=i+1) 11 is returned and can be replaced seperately to $11. This occurs whether the cell is formatted as number or general. The $ is being used to create an absolute cell adress not a currency. ...

Trying to modify XML X-REPORT
Following code segment looks good but the <IF> equates to true always and all departments print... What am I doing wrong? <ROW> "Non-Taxable Sales:" </ROW> <SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency"> 0 </SET> <SET name="TATTOO" type="vbString"> "TATTOO" </SET> <SET name="BODYPIERCING" type="vbString"> "BODY PIERCING" </SET> <FOR each="ReportDepartment"> <IF> <CONDITION> Report.Department.Name = TAT...

Secondary-axis gridlines
Is there any way--even by a trick--of having horizontal gridlines cross the secondary y-axis major-unit hash marks, rather than based on the primary axis' marks? On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, hmm <hmm@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is there any way--even by a trick--of having horizontal gridlines cross the >secondary y-axis major-unit hash marks, rather than based on the primary >axis' marks? You can put your primary scale over on the right, and the secondary scale on the left, which should produce the same visual effect. -- Del Cott...