writing equations for calculating dates

How does one write an equation to calculate weeks
remaining prior to a set date?

For example, if there are 16 weeks before a set date, how
is the formula written to subtract today's date from the
set future date of an event with the weeks remaining to
appear in the cells? Hope this makes sense and that is a
simple task. Let me know.
0
anonymous (74725)

If you have a future date of 9/1/04 in Cell A1, then use the following to
determine the number of weeks remaining until that future date:

=(A1-TODAY())/7

--
Michael J. Malinsky
Pittsburgh, PA

"I am a bear of very little brain, and long
   words bother me." -- AA Milne, Winne the Pooh

> How does one write an equation to calculate weeks
> remaining prior to a set date?
>
> For example, if there are 16 weeks before a set date, how
> is the formula written to subtract today's date from the
> set future date of an event with the weeks remaining to
> appear in the cells? Hope this makes sense and that is a
> simple task. Let me know.

0
joeqcpa (67)
5/12/2004 5:57:36 PM
The method to do this depends upon how you define "weeks remaining."
Are you wanting FULL weeks?  If it is 3.5 weeks remaining, what do yo
want displayed?
Also,
To get weeks with decimal it's simple:
=(A2-B1)/7
If your arithmetic can yield negative date arithmetic:
=ABS((A2-B1)/7

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Date format #3
I have two sheets that includes the date m/d/y which is to be transferred to the second sheet. If a date isnt entered on the first sheet I want it show as blank on second sheet. Right now it is showing 1/0/00. how can I change this? Thanks Hi Wally try the following fomule on your second sheet =IF('sheet1'!A1="","",'sheet1'!A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wally wrote: > I have two sheets that includes the date m/d/y which is to be > transferred to the second sheet. If a date isnt entered on the first > sheet I want it show as...

How to link Excel deadline dates to Outlook?
Need to link dates to Outlook users in either email or tasks, for purpose of task reminders and to track completion of task. ...

sorting dates in Excel 97
Running a worksheet that lists all medical expenses and am not able to always insert date, expense, who to, in correct sequence. Some postings just come in on time. Is there a sort formula that will allow me to sort these entries in sequence? Will the sorting move up the entire row that lists date, amount, payable to, etc. also? Thank you, Steve T. I wouldn't use any formulas for this. I'd select the range (all the columns in that range, plus the last row of headers, plus all the data) and do Data|Sort If you include all the columns that should move with the sort, you'll ...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Assigning Calculated value to main report from subreport
I have a report with a subreport in it. I am trying to sum up the values of a txt-box [Extended Price] in the subreport and put the value in a txt-box, "TotalAmountIS" on the main report. This is what I did: 1.) I created a txtbox in the footer of the subreport and called it TotalAmount 2.) I assigned "=sum([Extended Price])" to the control source of TotalAmount 3.) I created a txtbox on the main report 4.) I then assigned "=Nz([subreportname]![TotalAmount],0)" to the control source of TotalAmountIS This was the same way I did it on a form, with ...

How to know witch are the weekend days between two dates
I have to make a list of every weekend days between two dates. Example (dd/mm/yyyy): Field1: 01/01/2007 Field2: 15/01/2007 The result (on a listbox) I want are all the weekend days between those dates: 06/01/2007 07/01/2007 13/01/2007 14/01/2007 Any help? Assuming i have two fields on a form that contain the beginning and ending dates (FirstDay, LastDay), a listbox (list0) and a command button to compute them, the code would looke like this. Private Sub Command2_Click() Dim strday As String Dim intIndex As Integer Dim intNbrDays As Integer Dim newdate As Date List0.RowSource = "&q...

CONDITIONAL FORMATING DATES
How do I highlight a cell that has a date older than 7 days from todays date? ex. column G has the date I passed out the invoice to be signed off on. I want to highlight all those that have been out for more than 7 days. I tried Formula is =G:G<TODAY()-7 but that highlights every date no matter if it is older than 7 days or even future dates. If I want it to look really nice I would like it to highlight the entire row that date fall in. Hi Mark the whole range of data you want to format. With the cursor in cell G1, Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula Is =TODAY()-$G1>7 S...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Equation editor accents
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to build an equation that has hats over some of the characters. When I try to add a hat, a checkmark appears on the screen. My fonts are all set to the defaults (Times and Symbol, with Times for Text, Functions and Variables). Any idea what's wrong? thanks, Bill LC Greek, UC Greek, and Symbol should never be set to anything except Symbol font. -- Bob Mathews Director of Training Design Science, Inc. bobm at dessci.com http://www.dessci.com/free.asp?free=news FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluatio...

Formula for calculating Variance
I need help with formulas to calculate the percentage of variance between planned miles and actual miles driven by drivers at several different locations. I am given the miles per location daily. I need to calculate weekly percentage per location. Then YTD percentage per local, then total for all locals, then YTD for all locals. Can someone help me? -- Lori Lynn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lori Lynn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Market Value calculation
When viewing my total assests in either the accounts list or portfolio manager views, why is the market value column displaying the market value minus the contributions cost in the totals? I have not found a way to display only the market value including using custom views. I am more interested in the total value of holdings at this point than gains. Besides, gains has it's own column. Can anyone point out where I may be missing something here? Is the attempt to display market value futile, stupid, worthwhile but currently broken, other? Thanks ...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Julian date 02-26-08
Can you create a pop up calendar that shows both the Julian and Gregorian date in the same day box? This newsgroup supports the use of Microsoft Access, the relational database application. Is your question about MS Access? (by the way, I believe there may be more than one version of "Julian" dates .... how are you defining this term?) Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779FF63A-BF4F-4584-A160-2662A7A811DE@microsoft.com... > Can you create a pop up calendar that shows both the J...

Calculating Anniversary
Help! I have to calculate how many years each of our employees have been here as of December 31, 2005. I have all of the information in a spreadsheet, the only thing I have to base it off of is their hire date which is in date format mm/dd/yyyy. If they have not been here a year, I would like it to either null out or put in "0" or some other bogus character so I don't include them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. =IF(AND(MONTH(TODAY())>=MONTH(A1),DAY(TODAY())>=DAY(A1)),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1)-1) Where A1 is...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Mailbox creation date
Hi Is there anyway I can get the date when mailbox has created. Yes, look at the pr_creation time mapi property. However, if mailbox was moved this will get updated since mailboxes are essentially re- created when moved to new location. If you want original time, you can look at PR_NTSDModificationTime property. download mfcmapi http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=55FDFFD7-1878-4637-9808-1E21ABB3AE37&displaylang=en James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 6:13 am, Saima <saimabashi...@hotmail.com> wrote: > ...

insert date in filename
I keep getting a compiler error with this statement. I am launching it from a command button on an excel document ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\udmstaff\My Documents\Ettline\Price Updates" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\udmstaff\My Documents\Ettline\Price Updates\Price Update_" & _ Format(Date, "mmddyyyy") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False Hi I don't get a compile e...

How do I restore the calculator accessory that was deleted?
I accidentally deleted the calculator and it is totally gone from my recycle basket and C: drive. It is not available from the menu or from Excel. Can someone help me with reloading it. In version Excel 97 to 2003: Right click the toolbar area; select Customize (at bottom of popup list) Opens the Commands tab; On the left side, select Tools In the right-hand window locate the Customize icon just below Calculate Now and Camera Drag this icon onto the toolbar in your preferred place Did this work for you? Then make a contribution to the Salvation Army Christmas Appeal or similar Christm...

date calculation issues
I need a formula that will calculate future dates for me. If I were to insert todays date,(as an example) 13-june-2005 into excel, I need it to calculate 6 weeks, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and 4 years ahead of the date specified. On top of this, the future dates cannot land on a weekend or a holiday. I am aware of the workday function which is part of the Analysis tool pack but i am unsure how to use it. -- mike richard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mike richard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

Sequencial dates in a column
Excell 2000: In a column I want to enter dates in sequencial order such as: 01JN04 02JN04 03JN04 Is there a way to have the numbers self generate the next sequencial date rather than enter each individualy? I'm new to Excell Hi, EDF. If these are true dates (in your format), you should be able to select the last 2, then put your cursor over the lower right corner (cursor turns to + ) and drag down. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Excell 2000: In a column I want to enter dates in >sequencial order such as: >01JN04 >02JN04 >03JN04 > >Is there a way to have...

Date Cell In Chart Title?
How do I keep a date cell value in the dd/mm/yyyy format vs. it converting back to a serial number? The Chart Title refers to a cell with the date in the correct format but when I concatenate it into the title it reverts back to a serial number. Thank you ...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...