writing area

I know that I can select an area: ex: A1 to b9. After selecting it is then
possible to write and the marker will automatically move from a1 to b1 to c1
as you press enter (instead of moving down one and one row). However - I do
not remember how I can mark the area for writing. Please help anyone!?

0
kjwathne (2)

Under Tools/Options/Edit, you can set the direction that the cell pointer
moves.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:05:01 +0200, "Kathrine J Wathne" <kjwathne@start.no>
wrote:

>I know that I can select an area: ex: A1 to b9. After selecting it is then
>possible to write and the marker will automatically move from a1 to b1 to c1
>as you press enter (instead of moving down one and one row). However - I do
>not remember how I can mark the area for writing. Please help anyone!?

0
anonymous (74725)

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Print Area
Hello I hope someone will help me to solve my problem. I have the data from column A to G (from H.. everything is blank) and keep adding data below it. Is there any way I can run a macro to selec the print area by finding the last row? Eg: if I have data in 16 row and when I run the macro it should select the range A1-G16 and set th print area. Row 17 will have no data in it. Hope it is clear. Thanks in Advance Regds Tom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Just set your print area to columns A:G - the whole column. This will print as much as you've got in the column wi...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

area chart on excel 2003
Hi everyone! sorry if i am lagging a little here but I still have the excel 2003. my issue is that I have a block chart. I have a green background and a yellow block showing my data. What I was wanting to do is to make my yellow block a little transparent so that it can show a little of the green background. basically something like see-through, like gell-o. if anybody can assist me on how to do that I would deeply appreaciate it! thank you very much! You cannot do that readily with an area chart. With a column chart, you can follow this approach: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/userti...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Need to add sales orders to the service area
I'm using sales orders as the primary entity for relating cases and I need to display Sales Orders in the Service area. The section of the Entity screen that I need to alter is greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to make this change? You have to change this is the sitemap XML. You can find this in the customizations export and edit it (after export). Or you can use this tool: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/pages/TechnicalNet/MicrosoftCrm/CrmXmlEditor.aspx?id=20. All you need to do is move or copy the correct SubArea node from the sales to the service area. Note that items can exists...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

A line across my area chart
I use a spreadsheet to trend multiple elements by date. Auto-filter selects which element is charted. Some of the graphs (I have 6 graphs, each with multiple columns graphed versus x=date) are Area charts, and there is a line between the first data point and the last data point that messes up the shading of the areas such that below that line the included data is shaded above the line but the excluded data is shaded below the line (hard to describe without a picture). Also the Excel 2007 auto-filter is magnitudes slower than previous Excel versions and I cannot do the same quick-step...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

Bars and Area at the same time
I'm currently using Excel 2000 but upgrading to a new version isn't a problem if it will solve my issue. I have six sets of data that I need to put on a single graph. I'd like to have three of the sets as stacking bars and the other three as Area in the background. Is this possible? Also are there additional "templates" that can be downloaded and used. THANKS Hi, You should be able to do this in 2000. Create a stacked column chart on all 6 data series. Then select one of the series you want as an area chart. Right click and select Chart Type. Change the chart...

how to write a formula
I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12 and then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then needs to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205). Also is it possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made. I have never used excell and currently do it manually with Word which is hard and long In E1, just enter =D1+(C1/13.57), format as date and copy...

writing on an excel file
my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can't seem to write on this document. is it because its a read only fiel? how do i convert it to be able to edit and write in my expenxes? HELP!!!!!! is it because it's read only ? - check with properties under explorer. either change it there, or save as a different name Steve On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:06:02 +0100, RITZ <RITZ@discussions.microsoft.com= > = wrote: > my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can= 't = > seem > to write on this document. is it because i...

Write Error
We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS. Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and everyother transaction activates a Write Error. None of the other registers have the problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time as the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer besides microsoft updates for XP. Help Please -- Rich O''Boyle IT Tech Lundeens Liquors Are all registers on the same RMS version. ? What is the version # ? Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all mac...

read only and write only
l would like to protect my work from other user not all but for the certain column.for example ; column A 1,A2 ,A3 ,B1 B2,B3 ,C1,C2.C3 and D1.D2 D3 are for write only.{ Column A23, A24,A25 ,B23,B24,B25 ,C23.C24,C25 and D23,D24,D25 ,all the data here are copy from above like A23 is data from Al , so is it any way that the other user can,t change any data here} thank you Select the cells you want your users to be able to alter (CTRL + Clck if they are not adjacent) and then:- Format|cells|protection and remove the locked checkmark. then Tools|Protection|protect sheet. User are now pr...

writing area
I know that I can select an area: ex: A1 to b9. After selecting it is then possible to write and the marker will automatically move from a1 to b1 to c1 as you press enter (instead of moving down one and one row). However - I do not remember how I can mark the area for writing. Please help anyone!? Under Tools/Options/Edit, you can set the direction that the cell pointer moves. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:05:01 +0200, "Kathrine J Wathne" <kjwathne@start.no> wrote: >I know that I can select an area: ex: A1 to b9. After selecting it is then >possible to write and the ma...

novice trying to write formula
I'm trying to write a formula: If column D = K or any number 1 - 12 and K = A then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1) Please remember I'm a novice EXCEL user...and what little I know i self-taught. thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mary It's somewhat difficult to follow what you're saying. Does "column D = K" mean "column D = column K" or is it "column D = the letter K"? And what does "K = A" mean? And what does "then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1)" mean? HTH Otto "mary...

Write to Registry
How to write to registry from MFC 6.0? I want to change my settings for header and footer for IE 6 Regards, Mystique > I want to change my settings for header and footer for IE 6 How doing the above is related to writing to registry using MFC? You can use Reg* fucntions (eg RegOpenKey, RegCloseKey, RegQueryValue, RegSetValue etc) in Win32. MFC provides similar functionality for its framework. Take a look at GetProfileString, tProfileInt, WriteProfileInt etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to what Ajay wrote remember you can use AfxGetApp() to get at ...

vertical line in area charts
howdy ive got a chart which gives production values by year for different countries. the problem is one country starts production in the middle of the data range and so excel draws the line from zero at the year before, so it rises slowly. i want the graph to jump straight to its value at the year production commences; how can i do this? (sorry if this is unclear, i would add a picture but i dont have hosting or anything!) thanks! Hi, If the line is rising from zero it would suggest that the periods before real values contain a value or formula that the chart is treating as zero. Eithe...

compare areas
Hi.. I need to compare two area containing 3*12 cells, and get number of cells matching in content and placement. Excel 2007 have the compare funksion, but it comes up with an value-error. Excel 2007 norwegian edition. -- Zadig Galbaras (nick) www.tresfjording.com Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:C12=G1:I12)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "´┐Żyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message news:AB4BC473-881E-4628-BD7F-416520A755E6@microsoft.com... > Hi.. > > I need to compare two area containing 3*12 cells, and get number of cells > matching in c...

Display differences Write-Host and Write-Warning
I'm new to PS, and a little embarrassed I can't find the answer to this on my own... I like to format text literals across multiple lines to manage the right margin of code text, but I'm having a problem with Write-Warning. There is apparently a significant difference in the way it handles its message text. Write-Host "Some literal text appended to" ` "some more text on the same line" Produces the desired output: Some literal text appended to some more text on the same line As you, PowerShellers, are aware, t...

writing equations for calculating dates
How does one write an equation to calculate weeks remaining prior to a set date? For example, if there are 16 weeks before a set date, how is the formula written to subtract today's date from the set future date of an event with the weeks remaining to appear in the cells? Hope this makes sense and that is a simple task. Let me know. If you have a future date of 9/1/04 in Cell A1, then use the following to determine the number of weeks remaining until that future date: =(A1-TODAY())/7 -- Michael J. Malinsky Pittsburgh, PA "I am a bear of very little brain, and long words ...